Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) (11498 Views)

Of Honest And Dishonest Businessmen In NL Autos Section - JR3 / My Wonderful Experience With Mr Tadeus / MY Terrible Experience With CHUCKY234 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by Gboliwe: 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
wheredemdey:

Mogbee....wow...

Omoh na big mistake walahi...apologies to the asidss guy....the post was meant for the Oliver man ooo...not the original op.

Chai...see as gboliwe wey hold ssce dey yab man wey get phd and certifications....chai...how have the mighty fallen...lol

Go and sin no more NEPA certified PHD holder tongue
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by nnemak(m): 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
[quote author=asids55 post=37323710]I really hate to do this but mr oliverjihad person again and told me that they have taken the truck out,we went to an atm,i gave him ]
OP I want to beg you, Pls on no account should you go and meeting anybody physically especially when they are insisting. Or if you must go, go with a full squad!
Go thru NL threads and you would see how many people have been killed because they went to collect debt from people!

Nigeria is not as good as it used to be!

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by Fhemmmy: 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
@oliverjaid.... like many have said, you have too many reasons to make things right with the OP, he is a client and needs your best, if you are low on cash, talk to him and explain instead of allowing this to drag.... or negotiate with him an amount or some payment plan... but meeting in person, I won't advice such.

GANDALF1..... Thanks for your name calling... you are appreciated too.

@OP, once again, thanks for your patience on this.... you have done so well.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by asids55: 11:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
[quote author=nnemak post=39559199][/quote]

thanks bro..my thought too..I see no reason why he wants to meet up when he can just transfer the money
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by asids55: 11:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
GANDALF1:

You just accepted to be a dubious person with this quote. Very sorry for you, your business, your name, etc

Pay him today cos I will help give publicity to this issue if you dont.

thanks bro..I don't for once think this guy wants to pay me,he does not call,he does not ping,messages I send to him fall on deaf hears,I warned him times without number that I was coming on nairaland if he does not pay up but all to no avail,that's why I had to re open d case again,cause the guy begged till the end of sept and still yet,I got nothing from him
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by Optionalx: 11:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
This fraudster (oliverjiad) has been busted. He planned this fraud against his client and executed it perfectly (so he thought). So no need to appeal to him to refund, he won't because he lacks integrity and sincerity of business man. He is a crook simple.

This effort makes sure he doesn't defraud another person using this handle on nairaland. He can register another handle and start all over again.

Bw
Op should add his full name to this thread if available

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by asids55: 11:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
Fhemmmy:
@oliverjaid.... like manybhave said, you have too many reasons to make things right with the OP, he is a client and needs your best, if you are low on cash, talk to him and explain instead of allowing this to drag.... or negotiate with him an amount or some payment plan... but meeting in person, I won't advice such.

GANDALF1..... Thanks for your name calling... you are appreciated too.

@OP, once again, thanks for your patience on this.... you have done so well.

no calls no explanation no nothing..the guy as got one hell of a huge ego..all evidence points to him as the guilty party and still yet,he forms tough guy
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by ifyalways(f): 6:20am On Nov 01, 2015
Na real wao. One week, one scam on this nld.

@OP, if he does not come forth with your money, please edit the thread to include his full names and numbers so it stays indexed on Google search as he can easily change his nld handle.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by TheMadame(f): 7:05am On Nov 01, 2015
@asids55,
Never trust a scammer, if you read all the scam threads on this forum,all the scammers have a common tactic which is to promise to reimburse but on the day of repayment,they renage.
Scammers are never to be trusted or believed and that is why they are called scammers in the first place because they are dishonest and fraudulent.
So to catch a scammer,you have to play the scammer at his dirty game.
Edit your thread title to include his full names immediately.
Good morning.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by asids55: 9:17am On Nov 01, 2015
TheMadame:
@asids55,
Never trust a scammer, if you read all the scam threads on this forum,all the scammers have a common tactic which is to promise to reimburse but on the day of repayment,they renage.
Scammers are never to be trusted or believed and that is why they are called scammers in the first place because they are dishonest and fraudulent.
So to catch a scammer,you have to play the scammer at his dirty game.
Edit your thread title to include his full names immediately.
Good morning.

thanks for the advice!!i will try reaching out to him again and if does not respond well,i will be doing that..Good morning to you too
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by asids55: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2015
ifyalways:
Na real wao. One week, one scam on this nld.

@OP, if he does not come forth with your money, please edit the thread to include his full names and numbers so it stays indexed on Google search as he can easily change his nld handle.

thanks..I will try reaching out to him again,if I don't get a positive respinse,then I will do that
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by Pataki: 9:14am On Nov 03, 2015
So no payment yet? undecided
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by MSItachi: 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
hmmm
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by dayleke: 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
OP.
Any news of payment?
What's the latest sir?
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by asids55: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
Pataki:
So no payment yet? undecided

this should answer your question..no reply since on monday..he reads and does not reply me

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by asids55: 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2015
dayleke:
OP. Any news of payment? What's the latest sir?
no response from the guy

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by asids55: 12:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
oliverjiad:
So and u believe or think that's how bad I am

Well we all have a diff understand,cus I believe and understand. This issue should not cause any traffic here,bcus I cleared this job and tried to secured it,everyone comment here didn't no how it happens,or know if I did it

But I want u all to know paying this guy any. AMount is not the issue,but we should all learn how to respond to problems,not in this form honestly

Nobody Holy pass

where is my money??I have no problem doing this everyday,it only takes 1kb of my data and less than a minute of my time,but for you..the loss is overwhelming..so pay me my money
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by kunle75(m): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2015
oliverjiad:
Bros this is not the end of the life,stop forming Innocent because we all have story to tell,stop seeing me as a bad person please because the tyre issue it's just an implication,but I told the OP come to see me or I come to see u to settle this but he refuse,please matured minded is needed here

U mentioning ppl u won't do business with here. It's not the way out,r can someone tell me here if he or she is clean or as not happened to fall victim

You are just too irritating and stinking seriously with your comments,not even a coherent sentences.........chaiiiiiiiii Nland do suffer for your hand

Why are u asking for a meeting when you can just ask him to tell you here how much u need to pay him and wire the money so that the issue will lie low ever and you can move on with your business.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by kunle75(m): 1:45pm On Nov 16, 2015
asids55:

thanks..I will try reaching out to him again,if I don't get a positive respinse,then I will do that

Please am interested in his name also,dont hesitate to put up his name here such that his would be victim will take note.

I rily appreciate your courage for staying on the course this far.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by lorelle(f): 11:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
So this fraudster has refused to pay the money...Moderators pls this should be on FP ooo....People who defraud other people of their hard earned money need to be exposed to prevent innocent ones from becoming victims..

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by IbukaDantata: 1:16am On Nov 17, 2015
oliverjiad:
Bros ur matter is off this thread and sir I never expect u mention the demourage here,because I paid the demourage,i have to make sure ur consignment is cleared,please the tyre of a thing shows its there,but I'm busy all arround port,so someone monitor this,like what I told the guy is still the same I'll still say here,I never know anything about the tyre,i also explain things to him,i make him understand I'll reburst him but things are not doing well on my side this days,but he just don't want to calm for me

Well I think he believe these the only way he could be refund,but what if the tyre was stolen after the picture was snap,i want everybody to have a rethink on that

I'll pay him up I already said that

Now

I don't believe you. Anyway have learnt my lessons with dubious agents.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by mrschukwu1: 5:34am On Dec 13, 2015
What's the latest on this issue?
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by Flye: 6:04am On Dec 13, 2015
@asids55, how far with ur money? I hope the guy has done d needful, if not u need not to sweep this case under carpet so that no one will fall victim again.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by mrschukwu1: 6:10am On Dec 15, 2015
Why has the olivercrook not banned?

Cc seun

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by asids55: 8:40am On Dec 15, 2015
mrschukwu1:
What's the latest on this issue?

I can't remember the last time I heard from the guy..I already zeroed my mind on getting the money,am just focused on ensuring no one does business with the guy on nl again..thanks

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by asids55: 8:43am On Dec 15, 2015
Flye:
@asids55, how far with ur money? I hope the guy has done d needful, if not u need not to sweep this case under carpet so that no one will fall victim again.

for sure..am always a regular on his thread..am always dropping the link to this thread on his own
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by couvaninigLtd(m): 8:14am On Jan 06, 2016
asids55:
I really hate to do this but mr oliverjihad as taken me as a fool for the past three weeks...i contacted him over a year ago for quotes on clearing my truck (he sounded honest to me so i decided to stick with him..which i ended up regreting),my truck got to lagos on the 30th of july,i meet with him on the 31st which was a friday(he claimed he could clear the truck on that friday and requested i came to tin can,on getting there he later told me that nothing could be done till on monday,but he will be starting the process on that same friday and that i should make the payment to his account which i did...his draging me to tin can was just to tie the deal down cause i was having second thoughts ) ,on monday,i called him to know the status of my truck and he told me he was yet to get to tin can ,that he will place a call to me when he gets there,after an hour,he called me to tell me that he will be charging me an extra 50k for reasons i did not know,i explained to him that we had a deal on a particular amount which i already paid and i did not understand why he would be charging me extra 50k without any warning..he said they have started placing demurage on my truck and that he borowed some money to clear the truck and that i needed to pay him back,he later said he will be calling me to tell me when i should come..at around 4pm i called him and he said i should start coming over,i was without cash that day and i was hoping i could get money from atm,on getting there,my bank had no network,luckily for me,my driver had little cash with him so we went to another bank,on getting there too there was still no network(at this time he started calling me evey 10 minutes reminding me that i needed to make it to tin can that same day)i tried explaining to him the situation on ground that i was stranded and i could not make it there but i could the following day,but he insisted i did and that demurage will be placed on the truck for the following day if they did not clear the truck on that Same monday,luckily for me network came up and i was able to get money off the atm(this was around 6pm) i took bike down to tin can and i was able to make it there around 7pm,on getting der ,he started another story on why i needed to pay him the extra 50k and that the truck was still at the terminal until i paid up,i sha negotiated with him and agreed to pay 35k(i paid cause i just wanted to leave there with my truck)..after we agreed on the 35k he placed a call to someone right in front of me to bring out the truck from the terminal(please take note of this)..after about 20 minutes he called the same person again and told me that they have taken the truck out,we went to an atm,i gave him the 35k ,i got my documents,and went to inspect the truck..now this is where it gets interesting...while inspecting the truck,my driver noticed that the spear tyre with the rim was missing (which is worth over 50k),i confronted him and he denied that he knew nothing about the tyre(mehn this guy can be really convincing,he even swore on his kids that he knew nothing about it,he also claimed that it must have been the guys from the shipping company that must have stolen it which i believed cause i have heard of such stories but not from grimaldi though),on hearing that, i told him not to worry that i belived him,we jumpstarted the truck and we left(i still had to spend an extra 16k trying to get home thanks to some touts who accosted me nd my driver and also some lastma officials that wanted to take my truck away that night..i got home for after 12 ),the next day,i really dont know what got to me but i just decided to check the guys thread to see if he had uploaded pics of my truck (as per advert ),and i was shocked at what i saw..mr oliverjihad uploaded a picture of my truck taken in the afternoon at the same spot where i went to pick it up the previous night with my extra tyre still there..i was so furious that i had to confront him with a nasty message..mehnn..this guy no gree ohh,he still denied the whole thing claiming that he knew nothing about the tyre and that they just forwarded the picture he uploaded to him,i was like where you not the one that called someone right in front of me to bring out the truck from the terminal around 7pm the previous night(he could not give me an answer to this),and he also told me himself that my truck was still at the terminal and that demurage will be placed on it if i did not make it there the same day..
i just told him to get my tyre to me so i dont get to bring this out here,but for the past three weeks the guy as been given me sily excuses,the first week was used to investigate something he stole,the second week was to come up with money which he did not want to pay me,and the third week,which was last week,he told me that he had dispensal error for an online transaction and it will take 8 business days for them to fix the problem(when i had this i was so furious,dispensal error to transfer via atm??where tfck does that happen )and going to beg this guy agin right here on nl to either produce my tyre (which am sure he already sold) or pay me my money cause if this does not work,i will be taking some navy men to his office to lock him up in their guard room.

Good morning house pls you need to get to the end of this matter get him arrested if you dont take ironed hand you will not get your tire
Let him know a good name is far better than silver and Gold
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by agabusta: 8:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
asids55:
I really hate to do this but mr oliverjihad as taken me as a fool for the past three weeks...i contacted him over a year ago for quotes on clearing my truck (he sounded honest to me so i decided to stick with him..which i ended up regreting),my truck got to lagos on the 30th of july,i meet with him on the 31st which was a friday(he claimed he could clear the truck on that friday and requested i came to tin can,on getting there he later told me that nothing could be done till on monday,but he will be starting the process on that same friday and that i should make the payment to his account which i did...his draging me to tin can was just to tie the deal down cause i was having second thoughts ) ,on monday,i called him to know the status of my truck and he told me he was yet to get to tin can ,that he will place a call to me when he gets there,after an hour,he called me to tell me that he will be charging me an extra 50k for reasons i did not know,i explained to him that we had a deal on a particular amount which i already paid and i did not understand why he would be charging me extra 50k without any warning..he said they have started placing demurage on my truck and that he borowed some money to clear the truck and that i needed to pay him back,he later said he will be calling me to tell me when i should come..at around 4pm i called him and he said i should start coming over,i was without cash that day and i was hoping i could get money from atm,on getting there,my bank had no network,luckily for me,my driver had little cash with him so we went to another bank,on getting there too there was still no network(at this time he started calling me evey 10 minutes reminding me that i needed to make it to tin can that same day)i tried explaining to him the situation on ground that i was stranded and i could not make it there but i could the following day,but he insisted i did and that demurage will be placed on the truck for the following day if they did not clear the truck on that Same monday,luckily for me network came up and i was able to get money off the atm(this was around 6pm) i took bike down to tin can and i was able to make it there around 7pm,on getting der ,he started another story on why i needed to pay him the extra 50k and that the truck was still at the terminal until i paid up,i sha negotiated with him and agreed to pay 35k(i paid cause i just wanted to leave there with my truck)..after we agreed on the 35k he placed a call to someone right in front of me to bring out the truck from the terminal(please take note of this)..after about 20 minutes he called the same person again and told me that they have taken the truck out,we went to an atm,i gave him the 35k ,i got my documents,and went to inspect the truck..now this is where it gets interesting...while inspecting the truck,my driver noticed that the spear tyre with the rim was missing (which is worth over 50k),i confronted him and he denied that he knew nothing about the tyre(mehn this guy can be really convincing,he even swore on his kids that he knew nothing about it,he also claimed that it must have been the guys from the shipping company that must have stolen it which i believed cause i have heard of such stories but not from grimaldi though),on hearing that, i told him not to worry that i belived him,we jumpstarted the truck and we left(i still had to spend an extra 16k trying to get home thanks to some touts who accosted me nd my driver and also some lastma officials that wanted to take my truck away that night..i got home for after 12 ),the next day,i really dont know what got to me but i just decided to check the guys thread to see if he had uploaded pics of my truck (as per advert ),and i was shocked at what i saw..mr oliverjihad uploaded a picture of my truck taken in the afternoon at the same spot where i went to pick it up the previous night with my extra tyre still there..i was so furious that i had to confront him with a nasty message..mehnn..this guy no gree ohh,he still denied the whole thing claiming that he knew nothing about the tyre and that they just forwarded the picture he uploaded to him,i was like where you not the one that called someone right in front of me to bring out the truck from the terminal around 7pm the previous night(he could not give me an answer to this),and he also told me himself that my truck was still at the terminal and that demurage will be placed on it if i did not make it there the same day..
i just told him to get my tyre to me so i dont get to bring this out here,but for the past three weeks the guy as been given me sily excuses,the first week was used to investigate something he stole,the second week was to come up with money which he did not want to pay me,and the third week,which was last week,he told me that he had dispensal error for an online transaction and it will take 8 business days for them to fix the problem(when i had this i was so furious,dispensal error to transfer via atm??where tfck does that happen )and going to beg this guy agin right here on nl to either produce my tyre (which am sure he already sold) or pay me my money cause if this does not work,i will be taking some navy men to his office to lock him up in their guard room.

Sorry for your loss. Mother nature will surely compensate you in some other ways. Please what was the total cost of clearing this truck?
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by ManTiger(m): 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
Femmy2010 always warned about this guy, one will think he was bad mouthing his business.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by asids55: 10:56am On Dec 09, 2016
case closed..thanks for the support!

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by D1O(m): 11:02am On Dec 09, 2016
asids55:
case closed..thanks for the support!
What was the outcome?
Re: My Horrible Experience With A Dishonest Clearing Agent (oliverjiad) by Caveatemptor(m): 9:26pm On Dec 30, 2016
Another fraudulent character.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SPARKLING Tokunbo 2005 Toyota Highlander 4x4 Limited...Price:N2.9m / »»» Sold!! Toks Toyota Matrix 06 @ N1.85M Non Negotiable ««« / »»» Sold!Nissan Pathfinder 04 & Xterra 05 @ N680K & 850k Negotiable «««

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.