Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Secret Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Secret Relationship (759 Views)

Secret Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secret Relationship by adesegun121(m): 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
People go into relationship for different reasons and these reasons most times determine the pattern of the relationship.
Relationships are meant to be open but not necessarily public. I believe any serious relationship shouldn't be hidden or kept secret.
If you are in a relationship that nobody knows about, then you need to pause and review the relationship. Relationship is not something you handle alone. There are people (mentors, parent and destiny friends) that need to know. Even if your relationship is not known by the public, ensure that these important people in your life know about it. They will help you, counsel you and pray for you.
There are different reasons why people hide their relationship which I will try to share with you. The list may be endless but i have decided to share just three with you.

1. Fear of break up: Many people doesn't want people to know about their relationship because of the fear of break up. They don't want people to see them as unserious and to be pitied when the break up eventually happen. From my research, i have been able to find out that people who belong to this category are people who are either not sure of the future of the relationship (no conviction) or people who allow what is happening in the world to determine their experience.
If you are in this category, i will advise that you deal with that fear. Make sure you have a conviction about the relationship before starting it and have faith in God to keep the relationship till the end. The truth is if the fear isn't dealt with, you will eventually be a victim of break up.

2. Unfaithfulness: This is very common, a lot of people prefer to hide their relationship because they want to be double dealing. They believe it's safe to convince their partner to hide the relationship so that they can be free to have other relationships. If your man or lady keep insisting on making your relationship secret and keep introducing you as just a friend, you need to wise up. He or she may not love you. He's just using you. It's better you break up if the relationship can't be open.

3. Shame: Some people also will prefer to hide their relationship because they are not proud of the person they are in relationship with. Either because of his/her look or a notable weakness. I have been in this category before. I had a lady i really loved but i was so ashamed of her spiritual life. Though she's very beautiful, fair, caring and claim to be a Christian but her appearance and words doesn't reflect Christ. And to crown it up, I never had any conviction about her. I knew she's not God's will for me. So all through the relationship, i ensure she doesn't know any of my friends and family and i couldn't tell anyone i was in relationship except just a friend. But I had to pray that God should help me break the relationship without hurting her because i knew she loved me and God did it.
Thank God i have now found the will of God for me and everybody knows her and I am proud of her anywhere anytime.
If you are not proud of the person you are in relationship with or he/she isn't proud of you, I think it's better you end the relationship especially if you don't have conviction about the relationship. But if you have clear conviction about it, try and work it out. What you don't like about the person may be what God wants to use you to correct in the life of the person.
I don't think there is any benefit in keeping your relationship secret. In fact there are more harms in keeping it secret. Make your relationship open and inform your pastor, mentor, parents and destiny friends about it.
Nairalander
Do do agree with me ??
See more at: http://www.gistmelove..com/2015/08/secret-relationship.html

cc.

lalasticlala ishilove

Re: Secret Relationship by Jhenny(f): 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2015
ok
Re: Secret Relationship by mayorall(m): 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2015
Read through but none of my reasons is there.
Re: Secret Relationship by NeduLuiZ(m): 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
Relationships sucks

I rather get a full time job grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Women Cry?? / Today Is My Birthday And I Got All These From My God-sent Angel And Lover / 5 Reasons Snooping On Your Partner Is Not Such A Bad Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.