Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us (10482 Views)

Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us / John Mikel Obi Is Far Overrated! / Who Is The Most Handsome Super Eagle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by FBS: 7:06am On Apr 02, 2009
dayokanu:

@FBS,
Mikel is the problem. one of Nigerias best team in recent times was at the Beijing Olympics where the players played with Speed and aggression and without MIKEL who only passes backwards and sideways.
@dayokanu, you didnt answer the other part of the question: did he impose himself on the team? why was he selected? why bring in problem into the team if, according to you, the lads play better without him?

How many players that played at the Beijing Olympics are currently in the national squad? dont count osaze.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by switch47(m): 7:34am On Apr 02, 2009
MIKEL has been infected by chelsea bad luck period!!
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by Dotman01(m): 10:13am On Apr 02, 2009
Accordin to u, He's infected cos he's playin 4 chelsea? How many of the mates dat played in d holland wyc '05 are playin in a top league/club.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by MAITEMA(m): 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2009
@Tosinaded

For your benefit and that of those that judge a topic (book) by its cover, I have interpreted what I meant and still mean by the title of the topic previously, and I do so again for the last time!

Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us.

I imply that Mikel is playing below par in the position (no. 10) he is playing for the Super Eagles, therefore it will be in our best interest to either draft him to (no. 4) defensive midfield or bench him.

Take it or leave it.

@ dotman01, In response to your questions below, answers are contained herein;
1. Firstly, pls answer tosin's questn
Answer: tosinaded's question has been answered above.

2. u agreed dat mikel's a very gud defensive mid fielder dat shows dat he'snt d prob but amodu
Answer: Read my posts on this topic and find my answers therein

3. okocha would av made a difference on sunday? Why didnt 9ja qualify 4 d last wc(okocha was there against angola)
Answer: I recollect we failed to qualify for the last World cup because we lost 0-1 to Angola in Luanda. Do you mind checking the players that played Angola in that match? After which I am certain you will reverse your statement.

4. again messi's an attacker/winger so we all kno he has d potentials to shine dan a defensive midfielder, so pls dnt compare messi wit mikel.
Answer: I see you have little or no knowledge of football. How does Mikel's position as a defensive midfielder stop him from matching Messi's class?  There have been great players that have emerged from the no. 4 position. Patrick Vieira, Roy Keane, Paul Ince, Makelele etc. even defenders win world footballer of the year, like Fabio Cannavarro did recently

5. If u cant compare taiwo who was d 3rd best in d wyc wit mikel, i dnt see any reason why anyone shuld be comparin mikel wit messi.
Answer: Taiwo isnt doing badly but in my opinion he has not excelled because his attacking capabilities are still average. As I outlined in a previous post, the full backs the modern game of football have taken the role of wingers of the past, a full back has to posses blistering speed and be able to deliver tailored crosses into the opponents box or thereabout. Taiwo needs to up the ante and be in the class of Patrice Evra, Gael Clichy, Bosingwa etc to become great. Anyway I will not digress because this topic is not about Taiwo but Mikel.

6. rooney,ronaldo,viera also get redcarded 4 makin tackles, its nt a new thin in football.
Answer: I will assume you agree with my point that Mikel bags red cards. Well done!

7. lastly i didnt xpect anyone to single handedly pick mikel cos 9ja didnt play very well. Was he d only one dat didnt play very well.
Answer: Again I have answered this question previously, A playmaker brings in creative spark into his team, initiates attacking forays and wins important matches with a moment of brilliance or a class-act. The onus is on him to lift the game if his team plays below par (that is if he is world class though) I didnt see our playmaker (Mikel) do that on Sunday

8. martins lost a glarin one on one wit d goalkeeper nobody talk, was dat mikel's fault .
Answer: Yes Martins lost a sitter! How many chances did your playmaker (Mikel) create for him

9. Our defenders could nt do dier job very wel on dat day, was dat mikel's fault also.
Answer: How many goals did they concede

10. They win as a team, they draw as a team , dey loose as a team. Period.
Answer: Where the team fail as they did on Sunday, there might be a chance that a world class playmaker could create a moment of brilliance to win such game, just like Paul Scholes' wonder goal sent Man U into the Champions league final against Barcelona in the semi final last year, like Fabregas' wonder goal against AC Milan sent Arsenal into the quarter final last year do you want to hear more?!? .

Analysts like myself air our professional views on what could have made a difference I have rightly done on Nigeria and you Mikel sympathizers or maybe Chelsea fans wont let me be!

@ chidichris

Your answers are contained above.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by FBS: 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2009
some people lack objectivity.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by deb(m): 3:13pm On Apr 02, 2009
MAITEMA,
1. pls explain to me who a play maker is.
2. the last time nigeria won the african cup of nations, who was their play maker?
3. is this topic about mikel's inabilities or amodu's?
4. did nigeria fail to do well in mozambique because mikel did not play well?
5. from all posts here, mikel is not a good player, will it be right if i say mikel is either bribing all these coaches or using juju on them both at club levels and national team?
6. what do u think is responsible for every commentator to talk about mikel at the end of every match including you?
7. i will be happy to know who is the play maker of england at the moment.
8. what do you think is the problem of nigerian football - mikel?
9. under normal circumstances, can't nigeria win in moputo even with 10 players?
10. is etim among ur list of successful players in nigeria? if yes, pls highlight his achievements.

my brother, you did not direct the questions at me but I can tell you that
I have not seen any good in Mikel since after the under20 world cup that Siasia took him.
Mikel has simply lost his football identity. Can you imagine what Lionel Messi is doing?
who will ever imagine that Mikel was ever nominated as the 2nd best player of a world cup
tournament just behind Messi. Some of us even argued then that it was an unfair decision that Mikel should have won the best player award.
Now look at the same Mikel, A very confused footballer in my opinion. Highly under utilized potential dey worry am now.

And before you start to attack me, I am a Chelsea fan, and I've been supporting the club since the
era of Zola, Desaile, babayaro down to the present generation.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by MAITEMA(m): 4:06pm On Apr 02, 2009
Well said deb.

In my opinion, Mikel's path to destruction started when for some strange reason/s he chose Chelsea over Man U after “allegedly” signing a contract for Man U. However that is history. We all know the imbroglio that ensued which was shameful; court case, him not playing for nearly a year etc. I suspect money, John Shittu's influence/greed and poor advice to Mikel were pivotal to his decision.

I strongly believe that if he had chosen Man U, Sir Alex would have allowed him continue his development on his righteous path as an attacking midfielder and ultimately replace Paul Scholes. After Man U lost out on Mikel they bought Hargreaves & Andersson afterwards to fill the void but as far as I am concerned they have not lived up to billing and stamped their authority and right to that position for Man U whereas Mikel would have easily excelled there based on his previous pedigree.

Instead Mourihno moulded him into what he wanted; a hard tackler, shield for his defence and a fighter. His footballing characteristics are now; slowing games and passing sideways and backwards. What happened to his pinpoint cross deliveries and passes? What happened to his attacking instincts? What happened to his ability to incessantly move forward, control a game and dictate its pace ? etc.

Almighty God I pray that you provide for Nigerian football another prospect that has HALF of the potential John Mikel Obi had in 2005, and deliver him from likes of John Shittu, Roman Ambramovic and Jose Mourihno instead guide him in the path of Siasias, Wengers, Fergusons, Rijkaards and their likes so that this footballer will develop his game and become a Messiah for Nigerian football.
I need Amen from believers!
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by chidichris(m): 5:15pm On Apr 02, 2009
my brother, you did not direct the questions at me but I can tell you that
I have not seen any good in Mikel since after the under20 world cup that Siasia took him.
Mikel has simply lost his football identity. Can you imagine what Lionel Messi is doing?
who will ever imagine that Mikel was ever nominated as the 2nd best player of a world cup
tournament just behind Messi. Some of us even argued then that it was an unfair decision that Mikel should have won the best player award.
Now look at the same Mikel, A very confused footballer in my opinion. Highly under utilized potential dey worry am now.

And before you start to attack me, I am a Chelsea fan, and I've been supporting the club since the
era of Zola, Desaile, babayaro down to the present generation.

Deb,
you have just said ur mind so attacking u or not does not matter. i hope you read the thread and u understand the topic of this thread.
my concern is that these same people who believe that mikel will ruin nigeria are still the same people who complain whenever mikel did not honour invitation.
if actually mikel is the problem of nigerian football, what do u think is the solution? amodu has the power not to invite mikel and that will end the problem so that nigerian football will progress in the interest of all.

Well said deb.

In my opinion, Mikel's path to destruction started when for some strange reason/s he chose Chelsea over Man U after “allegedly” signing a contract for Man U. However that is history. We all know the imbroglio that ensued which was shameful; court case, him not playing for nearly a year etc. I suspect money, John Shittu's influence/greed and poor advice to Mikel were pivotal to his decision.

I strongly believe that if he had chosen Man U, Sir Alex would have allowed him continue his development on his righteous path as an attacking midfielder and ultimately replace Paul Scholes. After Man U lost out on Mikel they bought Hargreaves & Andersson afterwards to fill the void but as far as I am concerned they have not lived up to billing and stamped their authority and right to that position for Man U whereas Mikel would have easily excelled there based on his previous pedigree.

Instead Mourihno moulded him into what he wanted; a hard tackler, shield for his defence and a fighter. His footballing characteristics are now; slowing games and passing sideways and backwards. What happened to his pinpoint cross deliveries and passes? What happened to his attacking instincts? What happened to his ability to incessantly move forward, control a game and dictate its pace ? etc.

Almighty God I pray that you provide for Nigerian football another prospect that has HALF of the potential John Mikel Obi had in 2005, and deliver him from likes of John Shittu, Roman Ambramovic and Jose Mourihno instead guide him in the path of Siasias, Wengers, Fergusons, Rijkaards and their likes so that this footballer will develop his game and become a Messiah for Nigerian football.
I need Amen from believers!

Matema,
ignorance most times can be exposed through exhibition of knowledge.
if you know football, by now u shld have heard that morgan the sporting director of lyn oslo who sold mikel illegally to ferguson was sent to jail for forgery in the case of mikel by norwagian police\court.
ferguson was into slavery in that matter which made him to buy mikel illegally for 4 million pounds and sold him to chelsea for 16 million pounds. please do discuss issues that you are well informed. how many africans have done well in man u. manucho is their latest aquisition and where is he today? on loan may be you do not know about that. what do u think is responsible for anderson and hargreves not doing well so far? maybe because mourinho and abramovic.
what makes you think mikel would not have been on loan since then? how many players are in man u? how many of them are playing? do u know the profile of nani and anderson before they came to man u? if any living human being need prayers in what he of she is doing today, i don't think is mikel rather u and i because mikel so far has done well for himself.
will it be a good move for mikel to go to man u and wait till paul schools leaves before he will start playing? what happened between david beckham and fergie? what about rud van nesteroy? what of luis saha? is tim haward not the first choice keepper for everton for long? what was the matter with ronaldo's move to real madrid? every player has right to play where ever he chooses to and the luck fergie had over mikel was that mikel is a black otherwise mikel would have gone to claim damages.
matema, i love football and i read a lot about the game. if u want to talk football, be well equiped and not just come out to discuss in ocean of great ignorance.
if you ae having problems locating articles and information as regards football and footballers, feel free, ask and i will be there for you.
if mikel and messi went for 2005 games in holland, what happened to the other players? what of our own wilson oruma? the golden boy\head master of japan 93?
the truth about the matter is that envy and hatreddisplayed by most of us here have only made mikel more popular than he was.
everybody wants to say something about him so he has become too important to be ignored.

like i said, i am an authority in football and i will help you if you really want to grow but envy and sentiment can never allow growth and that is a natural law.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by MAITEMA(m): 6:09pm On Apr 02, 2009
@ chidicris

I accept you have chosen to adhere to your bigoted ideology and narrow mindedness. Your type dont acquire knowledge and I am certain of this having tutored wards at a stage. I give up on you!

F.Y.I, I am aware of the Lyn Oslo saga and referred to it ("court case"wink I am also aware of the brouhaha John Shittu came to cause in Rotterdam (Holland) between two local archrival clubs all in the name of managing (SELLING) Nigerian players. He sold to one club and then said no I meant to sell to the other club! This happened after Mikel’s Lyn-Man U-Chelsea debacle. If you are an authority in football as you claim you should have an inkling of what I am saying, the player and clubs in question. In any case, I strongly advice you not to bask in your self-acclaimed "authority in football" it is glaring you know nothing!

When next I run into Mikel if I do, I will notify him he has a "Voltron" you certainly deserve an award for defending him.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by blacksta(m): 6:17pm On Apr 02, 2009
Mikel is the new celestine babayaro - very boring players cant conjure or make something out of nothing. all they know is one touch football
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by switch47(m): 6:27pm On Apr 02, 2009
MIKEL became a Goat when he joined mumu chelsea ---------[b]FACT!![/b]the reason he makes unproductive passes is out of fear-------mikel pass am o---make dem no collect am from you----na im mama talk am
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by princehot: 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2009
mikel obi is a good player is just that the way the super eagle coach is use him in match is not the best for him
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by omar22(m): 6:58pm On Apr 02, 2009
Nigeria's best team at any generation would be lucky to escape with a draw in Mozambique! Why, Maputo is a high altitude region,

Bolivia hammered Argentina 6-1 last night due to the same reason, with Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Maschareano and Co. no matter how good you are you would be drained of energy and the thin air wont help, Nigeria should have acclimatised but we are looking at 2 weeks minimum, and FIFA only allow 5 days, This was the same reason why FIFA wanted to ban Ecuador and Bolivia from playing in their stadiums due to the region, because they have a 95% chance in beating any team, I know Nigeria didn't pass the ball well but I could still give them the excuse that sea level played its part,

If you think Mikel was rubbish on sunday, come and see Messi, he looked like a passenger
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by chidichris(m): 8:16pm On Apr 02, 2009
Nigeria's best team at any generation would be lucky to escape with a draw in Mozambique! Why, Maputo is a high altitude region,

Bolivia hammered Argentina 6-1 last night due to the same reason, with Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Maschareano and Co. no matter how good you are you would be drained of energy and the thin air wont help, Nigeria should have acclimatised but we are looking at 2 weeks minimum, and FIFA only allow 5 days, This was the same reason why FIFA wanted to ban Ecuador and Bolivia from playing in their stadiums due to the region, because they have a 95% chance in beating any team, I know Nigeria didn't pass the ball well but I could still give them the excuse that sea level played its part,

If you think Mikel was rubbish on sunday, come and see Messi, he looked like a passenger

Omar22,
u just talked football. if a man well informed in any field talks, surely u will know. u have just dropped ur point with a vivid illustration.
when someone who lost his mother, sister or gal friend to mikel talks, the difference will always be clear from when someone who knows football talk.
i love ur wisdom and understanding of the game of football but above all, i respect the courage of dropping the undiluted truth.

@ chidicris

I accept you have chosen to adhere to your bigoted ideology and narrow mindedness. Your type dont acquire knowledge and I am certain of this having tutored wards at a stage. I give up on you!

F.Y.I, I am aware of the Lyn Oslo saga and referred to it ("court case"wink I am also aware of the brouhaha John Shittu came to cause in Rotterdam (Holland) between two local archrival clubs all in the name of managing (SELLING) Nigerian players. He sold to one club and then said no I meant to sell to the other club! This happened after Mikel’s Lyn-Man U-Chelsea debacle. If you are an authority in football as you claim you should have an inkling of what I am saying, the player and clubs in question. In any case, I strongly advice you not to bask in your self-acclaimed "authority in football" it is glaring you know nothing!

When next I run into Mikel if I do, I will notify him he has a "Voltron" you certainly deserve an award for defending him.

maitema,
are u aware that morgan the sporting director of lyn oslo was jailed over the illegal transaction in which he forged mikel's signature? or are u saying the norwagian court and police are wrong?
brother, the topic is mikel and not john shittu because if i go into john shittu, u will get more confussed about the growth of mikel and how he got in touch with siasia.
the internet is there to lecture u on important issues and persons like mikel. all you need to do to read more about the lyn oslo mikel saga is to type same in google.
do u have intention of running into mikel again? i yes, for what? have u not taken enough picture with the secret hero of ur life? whatever, in case u walk into or run into or even sumersalt into mikel, pls do not forget to tell him that someone, somewhere is in love with his abilities, boldness, achievements and above all, his popularity which has made him too important to be ignored even by envious cowards who criticise him in the day and worship him at night.
maitema, i wish u can do something that will make others fight to take photographs with u even if it means going to block benin expressways or u can even get involved in kidnapping and with that we can discuss u here.

do u know what? i keep on imagining why mikel is always in the news? why is everyone dying to take picture with him in holland? why must every football commentator talk about him? the simple answer that i get from myself is that mikel is simply a SUPER STAR, what do u think?
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2009
ignorance most times can be exposed through exhibition of knowledge.
if you know football, by now u shld have heard that morgan the sporting director of lyn oslo who sold mikel illegally to ferguson was sent to jail for forgery in the case of mikel by norwagian police\court.
ferguson was into slavery in that matter which made him to buy mikel illegally for 4 million pounds and sold him to chelsea for 16 million pounds. please do discuss issues that you are well informed. how many africans have done well in man u. manucho is their latest aquisition and where is he today? on loan may be you do not know about that. what do u think is responsible for anderson and hargreves not doing well so far? maybe because mourinho and abramovic.
what makes you think mikel would not have been on loan since then? how many players are in man u? how many of them are playing? do u know the profile of nani and anderson before they came to man u? if any living human being need prayers in what he of she is doing today, i don't think is mikel rather u and i because mikel so far has done well for himself.
will it be a good move for mikel to go to man u and wait till paul schools leaves before he will start playing? what happened between david beckham and fergie? what about rud van nesteroy? what of luis saha? is tim haward not the first choice keepper for everton for long? what was the matter with ronaldo's move to real madrid? every player has right to play where ever he chooses to and the luck fergie had over mikel was that mikel is a black otherwise mikel would have gone to claim damages.
matema, i love football and i read a lot about the game. if u want to talk football, be well equiped and not just come out to discuss in ocean of great ignorance.
if you ae having problems locating articles and information as regards football and footballers, feel free, ask and i will be there for you.
if mikel and messi went for 2005 games in holland, what happened to the other players? what of our own wilson oruma? the golden boy\head master of japan 93?
the truth about the matter is that envy and hatreddisplayed by most of us here have only made mikel more popular than he was.
everybody wants to say something about him so he has become too important to be ignored.

like i said, i am an authority in football and i will help you if you really want to grow but envy and sentiment can never allow growth and that is a natural law.[/color]

[quote][/quote]

@chidichris

u are a f**k for talking abt manutd like dat, how many trophies has mikel won with chelsea, the anderson and nani u are talking abt have won numerous trophies since joining manutd including the CL. Hergraves is injured for the season,anderson is playing well so what are u trying to say,what is your argument abt d. beckham and fergie or Rud boy ,do u kn the reason for the fall out ?? try to read Rud boy's recent comment abt the fall out,talking abt saha that is not a question,he is not playing enough games in manutd because of the injury he is suffering,and we need a top striker who we can always rely on,how many games has he played for everton?? try and check,coming to tim howard,we had two keepers(tim howard and carrol)  then who were competing for the No.1 spot but both of them neva leave up to expection,they went to westham and everton respectively but they are both doing well because manutd is far more demanding than both clubs therefore you need to be at the top of your game. and to roundup,there is no midfielder in manutd that is not getting a comfortable run of games,mikel would have improved under fergie than mourinho,that is a simple truth.

Please do not deviate anymore reply to the post and leave manutd from it abeg.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by tkb417(m): 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2009
maitema,
are u aware that morgan the sporting director of lyn oslo was jailed over the illegal transaction in which he forged mikel's signature? or are u saying the norwagian court and police are wrong?
brother, the topic is mikel and not john shittu because if i go into john shittu, u will get more confussed about the growth of mikel and how he got in touch with siasia.
the internet is there to lecture u on important issues and persons like mikel. all you need to do to read more about the lyn oslo mikel saga is to type same in google.
do u have intention of running into mikel again? i yes, for what? have u not taken enough picture with the secret hero of ur life? whatever, in case u walk into or run into or even sumersalt into mikel, pls do not forget to tell him that someone, somewhere is in love with his abilities, boldness, achievements and above all, his popularity which has made him too important to be ignored even by envious cowards who criticise him in the day and worship him at night.
maitema, i wish u can do something that will make others fight to take photographs with u even if it means going to block benin expressways or u can even get involved in kidnapping and with that we can discuss u here.

do u know what? i keep on imagining why mikel is always in the news? why is everyone dying to take picture with him in holland? why must every football commentator talk about him? the simple answer that i get from myself is that mikel is simply a SUPER STAR, what do u think?

i think ure a nincompoop.

Mikel sue Fergie for damages? ure insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by blacksta(m): 8:25pm On Apr 02, 2009
High apltitude ke ?
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by Jarus(m): 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2009
. . . wondering If I wouldn't have done better than JMO in that match. I'm serious!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by chidichris(m): 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2009
good news,

bolivia 6 - argentina 1.
i am suspecting mikel is the problem because he was not playing well.

@chidichris

u are a f**k for talking abt manutd like dat, how many trophies has mikel won with chelsea, the anderson and nani u are talking abt have won numerous trophies since joining manutd including the CL. Hergraves is injured for the season,anderson is playing well so what are u trying to say,what is your argument abt d. beckham and fergie or Rud boy ,do u kn the reason for the fall out ?? try to read Rud boy's recent comment abt the fall out,talking abt saha that is not a question,he is not playing enough games in manutd because of the injury he is suffering,and we need a top striker who we can always rely on,how many games has he played for everton?? try and check,coming to tim howard,we had two keepers(tim howard and carrol)  then who were competing for the No.1 spot but both of them neva leave up to expection,they went to westham and everton respectively but they are both doing well because manutd is far more demanding than both clubs therefore you need to be at the top of your game. and to roundup,there is no midfielder in manutd that is not getting a comfortable run of games,mikel would have improved under fergie than mourinho,that is a simple truth.

Please do not deviate anymore reply to the post and leave manutd from it abeg.

safex101,
i mentioned those name bcs one monkey said mikel was going to do well at man uif he went there so i was to remind the monkey that there is no guarantee as someother players have not be doing well at man u too.
i hope u are aware that players can also play below par in man u?
we are all expecting manucho to start playing in that position mikel was supposed to play but he has just been sent on loan.
while a player is young, he can be thinking of how many trophies but when he becomes old, those trophies will remain in the club's shelves and while goes back to his country.
today, we all know how many trophies okocha won in all his life yet, he will remain comfortable till the end of his life i mean financially.
mikel is a nigerian from a poor background and has nothing to do with club's trophies since these trophies will not put food on the family's table.
every professional footballer, plays where he gets enough funds at the end of the day. to me, mikel has nothing to regret because he is not doing badly for himself. he is a fine boy, too much money, playing with a big club, putting his family in the comfort zone. what are we regreting for a man who is not regreting?
who knows next month manchester city may come calling and we will come back here to discuss as women that we are while real men remain in the war front.

. . . wondering If I wouldn't have done better than JMO in that match. I'm serious!!!

@Jarus,
i thought as much but for the fact that u are a disable whose abilities are only effective in talking and writing. maybe nigeria someday register for the disable games and u will have the opportunity to show nigerians what u cld have done in the place of mikel. sorry brother.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by Jarus(m): 9:24pm On Apr 02, 2009
@Jarus,
i thought as much but for the fact that u are a disable whose abilities are only effective in talking and writing. maybe nigeria someday register for the disable games and u will have the opportunity to show nigerians what u cld have done in the place of mikel. sorry brother.
You are not serious.
But more seriously, even conceiving that thought is serious to Mikel. Can you ever imagine being better than Drogba or Toure?
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by chidichris(m): 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2009
well, i don't want to be personal here but let me just suggest this to all those blaming mikel for the problems of nigerian foot ball.
i am just thinking it will be better for you all to blame ur mothers for not giving birth to u footballers rather than historians.
please u all shld consider this step and if u welcome it, go home and give ur mother the beating of her life.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2009
@chidichris

when i started reading your post i taught you know and LOVE football,but you just killed that taught,hw can u say according to your words "every professional footballer, plays where he gets enough funds at the end of the day" that is 100% wrong,recently kaka turned down a mouth watching offer from man city ask y? because he is a professional. ronaldinho refuse man city,berbatov refuse man city all because they are professionals, they want to win trophies money is secondary,professionals do not play because of money,when u talk abt creativity and football skills jay jay okocha has it more than kanu but kanu is regarded as Nigeria most successful player and he is among the nominees for the silverbird five greatest living LEGEND not because of the money he acquire but because of what he has to is name that is what count.

And regarding the topic,everybody kn that mikel is playing below pal in Nigeria, i can't comment regarding his performance at club level,there are professionals who play well in their clubs but do not leave to expectation when on international duties,two strong example are Gerald,Ashley Cole,and many others,,super eagles do not have a midfield that is our major problem,it was crystal clear when we played Mozambique.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by tosinaded(m): 10:35pm On Apr 02, 2009
It beats my imagination and baffles me,how people reason!
Hatred makes u say the most stupid of things!
How wil any sane human blame the problems of a country's football on one player!
Does that make sense?

we have

the country
the sports fed
the FA
the coaches
the fans
the press
the players

looking at the list,its obvious the problem goes 4rm the top all tru to d players and yet we jst pick one out of the players as our problem!
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by tosinaded(m): 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2009
Proffesionals are those that get paid for wut they do!

amateurs do wut they do,not for the money but 4 the luv of it.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by spine: 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2009
poor and childish analysts,
I guess your all obsessed with the boy, you cant see an extra 10 players plus subs and coaching crew who performed below par.
as lacklustre as their performance was, mikel not in the team would have been an absolute disaster.
on a day that osaze had a very woeful outing noones talking, its mikel (the young lad with a future ahead) who had an average game that these dudes are attacking

get used to the fact our super eagles lacks depth @ the moment
is super eagles a better team than chelsea fc, that can afford to bench the young man.(chelsea hardly even do that,these days)

Go ahead and conjur okocha and zidane into your super eagles!
quit the bullshit.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by omar22(m): 11:51pm On Apr 02, 2009
Some people here need to engage their brain before they write! Obi's transfer to manchester was a plot by Ferguson himself, Henning Berg Mikel's manager at Lynn was a Manchester United player till 2000, how they close the deal I dint know but Alex Ferguson has made some moves that would get your head scratching and the English FA wont do anything! OK do you know that Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Nicky Butt and the Neville brothers before they got their professional contract, Ferguson called them into his and told them to fire their agent and sign for HIS SON who was a football agent! its either that or a professional contract. Now Manchester would have bought Obi and keep him at Lynn to the end of the 2008 season before he crosses over to the EPL then Obi could be a hit or miss, but if you look at African players at United, Fergie could go as far as persuading Mikel to retire from the Nigerian scene because the African Nations Cup would have got up Ferguson's nose, it was one of the main reason why Dwight Yorke was booted out of the club! because he wanted to play in the gold cup!
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by spine: 12:00am On Apr 03, 2009
And for those who feel he was ruined by jose
I can assure you if he goes to man utd today he'll be used in that same position.sitting in midfield (cos of his relaxed passing ability and guile)and when hes able to deal with confidence ,he can bomb forward.

remember he's played under 4 top coaches or so. (same position) what he still lacks is the confidence to bomb forward and score a couple of goals e.g like (yaya toure,essien,barcas keita,ballack, alonso,viera of old, and more)
those are guys he could emulate

also some can argue that alan smith was a prolific and formidable forward man in leeds,
until he joined man utd and fergie in his own words tried to turn him to the NEW Roy keane (how bout that for change), well he ended up leaving the club and is struggling in newcastle, hmnn .SHit happens, i think that didnt turn out well you can see its not  only chelsea that suchideas are born.
I understand nigerians are still missing what looked like a zidane like player,creating a lot.but if mikel can add occasional scoring  to his game, (by shooting on target)he'll be as good as any of the top midfielders in the world,
afterall mascherano no sabi shoot before,hes started scoring a few great goals
anderson of manutd cant shoot to save his life, so mikel must add more value and the world could be his
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by sley4life(m): 4:07am On Apr 03, 2009
mikel is no playmaker, he has been overated. a back passer, he is full of disloyalty
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by milkan05(m): 6:09am On Apr 03, 2009
I no too knw ball o! but i think the match was btw Nig 'SUPER EAGLE[b]S[/b]' and MOZ. and in the game of football there are 11 players on each team.
So Mikel na im play all 11 roles wey dey for the pitch wey b say na only im F up?
Where d oda 10 players dey?
Accepted the guy ain't the dribbling accurate ball-passing mercurial player he used to be back in 2005 but na im b d coach or NFF?
He did not gate-crash d training camp or did he?
Was he d one dat drew up d startin line up and dictated the formation/positions?
Which formation naija even play that day?
In 1994 when we were thrashed by Denmark 4-1, we get playmaker abi we no get?
Last time wey we no gree qualify for world cup we get playmaker abi we no get?
I really don't know y d beef is for MIKEL alone. Just because he had the potentials to become a playmaker, does dat mean he must be one?
What's the assurance that under SAF, he would have become a sure playmaker (who im wan bench)? and dis ain't about clubs na National team issue.
More importantly, is it that Naija is in dearth of players? That we don't seem to have a bench? No oda person fit play d No10 role for d whole of naija?
Too many questions left unanswered.

Mr. Mae, somfin somfin and all of una wey dey beef mikel, I understand say una no like Mikel at all at all( i don't exactly like d boy too)! But make una dey try look things with a wider/broader perspective!! Try look beyond your nose - see d bigger picture or shey na problem.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by FBS: 7:34am On Apr 03, 2009
oversabi people. how can you hold only one player ransome when the whole team was plain shait?
no one argues that Mikel needs to up his game (stop passing sideways wink), burst forward and spray defence splitting passes. Everyone agrees that we want to see the Mikel of 2005 and even better.

His game is not regressing, it only seems to me that he is playing a different role and maybe has confidence problem. May I also mention that he plays 100% to instructions (at least for the club).

If he can shake this off and take some risk. . .hold the ball, spring forward and spray those disecting passes. Everyone will start screaming his name.

Plus, how many of his mates are playing in a top club? agreed he is not the best player at the moment, but abeg, give the guy some credit.  It is simply stupid to blame a single player when the whole team performed below par.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by naso2(m): 7:40am On Apr 03, 2009
@chidichris
seven gbosa 4 u. abeg u too tight. U too know book. All these lesser-doers will not just let mikel be .
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by tkb417(m): 7:46am On Apr 03, 2009
Some people here need to engage their brain before they write! Obi's transfer to manchester was a plot by Ferguson himself, Henning Berg Mikel's manager at Lynn was a Manchester United player till 2000, how they close the deal I dint know but Alex Ferguson has made some moves that would get your head scratching and the English FA wont do anything! OK do you know that Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Nicky Butt and the Neville brothers before they got their professional contract, Ferguson called them into his and told them to fire their agent and sign for HIS SON who was a football agent! its either that or a professional contract. Now Manchester would have bought Obi and keep him at Lynn to the end of the 2008 season before he crosses over to the EPL then Obi could be a hit or miss, but if you look at African players at United, Fergie could go as far as persuading Mikel to retire from the Nigerian scene because the African Nations Cup would have got up Ferguson's nose, it was one of the main reason why Dwight Yorke was booted out of the club! because he wanted to play in the gold cup!
and u need to stop spewing fckery online trying to pass ur asinine comments

show proof of all the rubbish u posted or never post again.
~show me when SAF said the other players shld fire thier agents
~show me how u got to know Obi would have been kept till 2008 season
~ show me how you got to know Mikel would have been told to retire from the national team cos of nations cup.

Gold cup? all coaches have issues with meaningless competitions that can get their players crocked. Gold cup isnt African cup of nations
stop spewing isi ewu and beer parlour analysis here, we aint idiots like you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wikki Tourist Vs Warri Wolves FC (1 - 0) On22nd April 2015 / Ex-super Eagles Coach Christian Chukwu Named New Manager Of Enugu Rangers / Oshoala Scores Twice In Her 100th Game For Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.