Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us (10483 Views)

Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us / John Mikel Obi Is Far Overrated! / Who Is The Most Handsome Super Eagle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by chidichris(m): 9:45am On Apr 07, 2009
@chidichris,
@maitema, if i get across to mr. ola at the embassy, who will i ask him of. i must know ur name to ask mr. ola about ur contributions. again forgive my bad english as i promise to improve with time.

May I have your name first? I promise to reciprocate the gesture

@maitema,
my names are christopher chidiebere hence chidichris.

@sowura
I will appreciate if you expatiate or better still rationalize your statement: MAITEMA, you sound intelligent, but you sure have a very low self esteem , I demand clarification because as it stands your statement makes no sense under the context it was used. If you dont do as required I will conclude you have a low English comprehension ability and perhaps saw the statement somewhere and imagined you could use it here. More so if you have read my posts on this thread I originated, you would have seen my line of thought and understand that I do NOT hold that Mikel is the SOLE problem of Nigerian football but rather an integral part of it, and that the opposing posters started the personal attacks. chidichris called me a monkey etc. just because I aired my patriotic view on Nigerian football that I am a staunch fan of

@maitema,
if i called u a monkey which u are not, i am really sorry about that. and i would want you to accept responsibility of this, @, I have repeatedly reiterated that you are an IGNORAMUS of the highest order.

on the topic of this thread, i will be happy is you explain these two key words viz; using and ruin. the explaination of these two words will put me in a plat form for a better understanding especially if you do that in igbo language. pardon my shortcomings with my dream language - english.

the word patrotism has been abused and bastardised by many. even our media houses blame our players for unpatrotic acts when millions of football loving fans cannot have access to live coverage of nigerian matches. escoba of cuba was patrotic when he honoured the invitation to play for his country which led to a mistaken own goal that resulted to his assasination later. the man who killed him also was patrotic. our nff despite coming through the back doors have refused to organise meaningful friendlies like other countries do and that is patrotism. our coaching crew knows who will play and who will not with or without coming to camp and that is patrotism.

nigerians have decided on their path to patrotism which must be seen in our anti progresssive reports as you can see here in nairaland. pete edochie slams mikel, danfo drivers condem mikel, mikel in a drunk and drive case, mikel rapes president's wife. look through nairaland and refer me to any good report on our heros or are we prophets and propheteses of doom. can't we for once say any good thing with our mouth about a boy who is serving us. does it mean there is nothing good about him even his height and shape.

brother, if u have along the line understand ur mistake, what is wrong in withdrawing the statement or even rephrase it because a simple explaination of this topic is; stop using mikel and progress, continue using him and u will be ruined. i stand to be corrected.

what names did the argentines call messi in their 6-1 defeat to bolivia? how did camerounians persecute etoo for loosing to togo? how did nigerians support mikel in his days of trouble during the man u transfer saga? apart from forcing himself to the cameras, how else has etim supported the game in nigeria?

no until we learn to appreciate our own, respect people's efforts, give honour to those that deserve them, remove politics from the game, apportion blames without sentiments, i still believe we will not get back to that track for which we were known football wise under abacha. by the way, abacha's era saw nigerian football to the greatest height and it is important to find out why.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by FBS: 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2009
MAITEMA:

@ FBS

Your bias has clouded your sense of proper reasoning. After your last post asking that we sheath swords, who posted again? why are you not saying anyhting to the other posters? whats the matter with you? look at your last post and see the next post! before you rant again
@maitema, it is clear that breeze entered your head.
Initially, I said enough of this spewing but you guys dont wanna give up thus my asking the Mods to close the freaking topic.
Now, I dont know what issues you have with my sense of proper reasoning but I take it that you lack proper home training and the only thing you are good at is name calling. If I may ask, how old are you?

Look here boy, name calling doesnt solve a thing.

You have failed to explained in all ramifications what your intentions were by starting this post:
1. Is it to discredit Mikel or
2. to offer a solution to the Eagles crisis?

You have failed on both fronts. What other arguments have you? If none, then go to bed and not ranting rubbish. geddit?
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by MAITEMA(m): 12:39pm On Apr 07, 2009
@ FBS,
After your suggestion that the so called spewing stop why didnt you direct your rant to the poster who subsequently continued?

If you oppose my opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. All you need do is clearly stick to your view/s rather than slyly pose as a "peacemaker" and them take sides with chidichris & co.

How old I am? Disclosing that will be too much information but I will tell you that I am old enough to have eked out a life for myself, well read, lived in several countries for 2 decades apart from my motherland and if I am not older than you, I am certain that I am definitely wiser than you.

Home training? I definitely had a good one and accordingly passed it on

Again in your interest, this topic is about my opinion that  Mikel is a failure as Super Eagles playmaker and I posit that continually using him in that position will ruin our prospects to come back as a superpower in world football like we were in the 90's. I don’t have a problem with him being drafted to the defensive midfield position which he is now very good at. I further made my suggestion of players I prefer we use as playmakers in the interim until we get a very good one. Someone responded that those players were not the answer and his point was taken.

If you believe Mikel has excelled as Super Eagles playmaker or rather a good one contrary to my view, then be straightforward enough to make your points and quit camouflaging.

@chidichris,
I suspend wasting time on you for now, your masters/superiors have reared their ugly heads in solidarity and they seem worth taking on for now…
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by chidichris(m): 2:05pm On Apr 07, 2009
if this is submission time, i hereby submit my case as follows;
1. if mikel is a failure, it means 99% nigerians are failures in their fields. ask how. if a play who played football to this height is still a failure, i am yet to know many nigerians known at international levels in their various field as mikel who we call a failure. maitema, if u are a fraudstar, a drug lord, a doctor, an engineer, a businessman, a plitician or anyother profession u can think of, i see you as a failure based on the fact that you have not been able to mesure with your international counterparts and i will be ready to prove this whenever u are ready to say what you do.
2. if mikel with his sacrifice so far to nigeria is not patrotic, i want to believe no nigerian is including our leaders who have not lived upto the terms of the oath of office they took before taking up their various jobs.
3. the death of football in nigeria today lies more in the hands of those who claim to love football. in other words, nigerians are more of hypocrites for they preach one thing and do the other.
4. the failures of stars are celebrated more in nigeria than their progress hence envy and jealous have overtaken our sense of reasoning.
5. the downfall of the eagles did not start with mikel and will not end with him hence i will like to remind u that what u did in naming mikel as the one to ruin our eagles is nothing but assasination of character but to God be the glory that mikel does not depend on nigerian fans for his livelihood.

maitema, is good having u on-board with hope u and ur supporters will turn to a new leave by appreciating our heros and learn to support them in their times of difficulties like other sports fans do.

i rest my case
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by ayobase(m): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2009
Mikel?
Overrated!
Playmaker? 34%

Im not worried if we wont
qualify for this world cup!
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by GeorgeD1(m): 4:23pm On Apr 10, 2009
He has ruined us enough already. I wonder what he's still
doing in that team?
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by BrigGen: 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2009
Mikel is a defender in his club and a midfielder at home.
Obviously, he's a multi-talented flop!
And to all you Mikel defenders:
You claim we,his detractors,can't play as well as him,boy!
For the salary he gets,he's still a player with great potential i.e. he ain't done it yet!
May be he'll deliver next year, or in 2011 or in 2012.
The Yorubas say you can only conclude whether a man is lazy or hardworking by judging his work ethic and the quality of his work.
Can I do better than Mikel?
No!I'm not a footballer.
So don't ask me dumb questions.
Is Mikel a footballer?
Yes!
He's he great when he plays for Nigeria?
No, he's crappy.
He's he an underacheiver?
Yes,his mate,Messi, is world class, where is Mikel?
On the bench, piling up red cards.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by jalether(m): 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2009
This is my 100% honest assessment of Mikel.

first and foremost he is no longer a playmaker but a defensive midfielder thanks to Jose M, not neccesarily a bad thing considering

his form over the course of the last two season's at chelsea

Mikel has improved dramatically as a defensive mid that infact EPL punditt struggled to pick four def mid better than him in the

EPL last season however his performances for the super Eagles has been a sharp contrast to his club's. Is Amodu to blame or Mikel

himself, as many has questioned his loyalty, commitment and discipline for the SE.

Bottom line Mikel Obi has a sharp contrasting performances for club and country. i,e plays well for chelsea but performs badly for the SE
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by GeorgeD1(m): 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2009
that boy is becoming useless every day by day.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by omar22(m): 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2009
that boy is becoming useless every day by day.

Well he has just sign a new 4 year contract, I guess someone values him more
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by GeorgeD1(m): 9:17am On Jul 08, 2009
if signing of contract is now the yardstick for measuring value,
then goodluck to him.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by chidichris(m): 9:31am On Jul 08, 2009
if signing of contract is now the yardstick for measuring value,
then goodluck to him.

@George_D,
if signing of new contract with such a big club like chelsea is not maybe kidnapping is. then if u have choosen kidnapping over signing new and lucrative contract with chelsea, then good luck to u too.
mikel must have been useless to nigeria and nigerians but to a club like chelsea, he is not.
when God has blessed a man, no woman, no man can course him.
we must learn to live by the realities of the day.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by switch47(m): 9:41am On Jul 08, 2009
MIKEL is a Coconut head. Na by sign for chelsea?? the guy ffuck up don over ripe. come and play for Nigeria, For where, he go dey denge dey do yanga like fowl wey dey go Cockroach party. At the end of the day he realises he has the ambition to play at the WORLD CUP and comes begging. the guy na FLOP!!

ChidiChris what is your submission, pls take it easy on english language o.there is something called spell check grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by chidichris(m): 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2009
MIKEL is a Coconut head. Na by sign for chelsea?? the guy ffuck up don over ripe. come and play for Nigeria, For where, he go dey denge dey do yanga like fowl wey dey go Cockroach party. At the end of the day he realises he has the ambition to play at the WORLD CUP and comes begging. the guy na FLOP!!

ChidiChris what is your submission, pls take it easy on english language o.there is something called spell check
@switch,
mikel is a football flop and u are a human flop.
pls i am too busy to use the spell check so u can do that 4 me.
rampaging dogs are on the loose.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by Cristalz(f): 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2009
Chidichris, you got mail.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by switch47(m): 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2009
@CRISTALZ
  You got male!! grin grin

@chidichris

grin grin Oya go and eat your cane!! grin   By the way or by the bush path  the spell check botton is very close to the reply botton, it pays to tap it once in a while or do you want to re invent English.  grin grin   Error-error even for your signature. una no get Adult education centers for una area?? grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by GeorgeD1(m): 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2009
chidichris:

@George_D,
if signing of new contract with such a big club like chelsea is not maybe kidnapping is. then if u have choosen kidnapping over signing new and lucrative contract with chelsea, then good luck to u too.
mikel must have been useless to nigeria and nigerians but to a club like chelsea, he is not.
when God has blessed a man, no woman, no man can course him.
we must learn to live by the realities of the day.

you've lost me here, my friend. i fail to see what 'kidnapping' has got to do with the topic
being discussed-or is that a new style of football introduced by fifa? i think i need to
update my football lexicon.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by Dclique(m): 2:23am On Jul 09, 2009
True
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by chidichris(m): 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2009
you've lost me here, my friend. i fail to see what 'kidnapping' has got to do with the topic
being discussed-or is that a new style of football introduced by fifa? i think i need to
update my football lexicon.
@George_D,
in other countries, the target and the aims of football players are to play to impress european clubs to sign them but here u are saying signing a contract is not a way forward for mikel.
so i wanted to know how we will know a good player maybe by coming home to join the kidnapers association of nigeria.
be informed that nigeria has well over 5o million footballers but mikel has join the league of successful ones in his achievement of signing a contract with such a big club as chelsea.
if i am not mistaking, he is the best club among other nigerian players.
in your place brother, how many lions will a man kill b4 u call him the lion killer?
no matter what we think abt him, he has done much and enough for himself and family and has no obligation to please nigeria and nigerians.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by switch47(m): 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2009
Yeah yeah!! broken record-------mikel this, mikel that----- make we hear word bo. for his WORK PERMIT  he gat play a percentage of games for Nigeria, so whether he likes it or not, he will soon run begging for a slot--------------The guy na heavy 'slave trade' angry-----e no know more than collect ball, hold for 5 seconds, pass right pass left or pass back, if opponent follow am drag ball he go vex turn the matter to quarell, collect Red card. no wonder he is the most booked in premiership history cheesy cheesy  MIKEL DEY POSE LIKE FOWL say im no get obligation toplay for Nigeria as im mouth piece 4 hia dey talk. MIKEL NA FLOP JARE!  cheesy e no sabi anything.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by philip0906(m): 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2009
did y'all hear dat The Special one wants him at InterMilan?But Chelsea want to extend his contract nd y'all know what dat means? higher wages 4 him.so una neva start to dey hate.DICKHEADS grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by GeorgeD1(m): 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2009
chidichris:

@George_D,
in other countries, the target and the aims of football players are to play to impress european clubs to sign them but here u are saying signing a contract is not a way forward for mikel.
so i wanted to know how we will know a good player maybe by coming home to join the kidnapers association of nigeria.
be informed that nigeria has well over 5o million footballers but mikel has join the league of successful ones in his achievement of signing a contract with such a big club as chelsea.
if i am not mistaking, he is the best club among other nigerian players.
in your place brother, how many lions will a man kill b4 u call him the lion killer?
no matter what we think abt him, he has done much and enough for himself and family and has no obligation to please nigeria and nigerians.

in making comparison, it is always advisable to compare like with like. Apple for apple. your comments above
provides a very unhelpful case for mikel. are you saying all the returnee ex-international footballers are
kidnappers?
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by jalether(m): 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2009
A lot of people on here are high on hatorade, the most popular and favourite quote (s) of haters is

''i dont like him, '' but why is that '' i just dont like him'' bottomline bad belle nain they worry most people

the only guys i respect on here are those who constructively criticise people rather than just chatting sh1t
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by GeorgeD1(m): 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2009
are we going forward or backwards on this thread? i don't get it.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by sowura(m): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2009
ppl should quit this nonsense about mikel and okocha being our saviour. okocha was in the team when we lost out of the last world cup, he was also there when we could not even qualify from the first round in korea/japan. there isnt a lot of quality in the super eagles rit now, just look at he transfer market, mikel alone is the only nigerian playing for a top club. we need a coach fast
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by GeorgeD1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2009
this topic is getting outdated.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by lato2(m): 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2009
Jose Mourinho, avram grant, steve clark, felipe scolari, ray wilkins, guus hiddink, carlo ancelloti have all reckoned with this guy. if he was a bad player as most haters taught, if he would have been kicked out by now. football is a collective game. moreover, there are two kind of football now i.e. ball jogglers or the tough guys, which one does the super eagles belong.

the problem of the eagles is more than mikel. Lets ask ourselves how come we have so far won just two continental trophies, played badly in japan/korea, could not QUALIFY FOR 2006. please leave this guy alone.
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by Uby40(m): 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2009
BUNCH OF MIKEL HATERS!!!!!
UNA GO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by prince82(m): 2:36pm On Aug 01, 2009
@ brig gen, george_d and ayobase

Una problem na poverty. all of una na fools and goats. why una just despise mikel like that?
have u seen him before? are u on a competition with him. well, all of una are either arsenal,man u. that;s why u all are bent on hating somebody who don't even know about ur existence. buffons!
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by chidichris(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2009
@ brig gen, george_d and ayobase

Una problem na poverty. all of una na fools and goats. why una just despise mikel like that?
have u seen him before? are u on a competition with him. well, all of una are either arsenal,man u. that;s why u all are bent on hating somebody who don't even know about ur existence. buffons!

@Prince82,
u have summarized the whole thing.
mikel hardly know that these kinds of imbe,  are in existance. nigeria with over 150 million coaches but without a coach. a hopeless set of fools. loosers who have refused to embrace progress. anti good news and prophets of doom. as for mikel, the guy has defiled all nigerian theories and has continued to move from grace to grace.
haters must learn to live by the realties of the day which is, mikel is a made in heaven player and no man can stop a God's work in his life.

TEAM NEWS: READING V CHELSEA
Posted on: Sat 01 Aug 2009
Carlo Ancelotti has named a strong team for our last pre-season friendly.

Ricardo Carvalho partners John Terry at the heart of defence, while Branislav Ivanovic moves to right-back.

In midfield, Deco partners Michael Essien in central midfield, with Mikel playing behind and Frank Lampard in front. Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka lead the attack.

Our former reserve team boss Brendan Rodgers includes our very own Ryan Bertrand, whose loan move to the Madejski was finalised yesterday. The youngster is expected to line up on the left of defence. Missing is winger Stephen Hunt, out with a groin strain.

Chelsea will line-up in a 4-4-2 diamond formation as follows:
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by GeorgeD1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2009
na you get your mouth, so dey open am dey talk rubbish. you dat you can't feed yourself
you're here talking of poverty grin
Re: Mikel Obi Is Not A Super Eagle And Using Him Will Ruin Us by chidichris(m): 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2009
all in all, mikel is moving very well. the next topic that we will see here is, pirlo to chelsea mikel on the bench and all the fools in the house will start jubilating.
george o, am sorry as ur wish never and will never come to pass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wikki Tourist Vs Warri Wolves FC (1 - 0) On22nd April 2015 / Ex-super Eagles Coach Christian Chukwu Named New Manager Of Enugu Rangers / Oshoala Scores Twice In Her 100th Game For Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.