Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. (16526 Views)

Forgiveness And Grace, A Video Everybody Must Watch / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Dialectics Of Violence And Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 28, 2015
^^ Both of you should argue with an objective mind; or you will never make sense to each other. undecided
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by johnydon22(m): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2015
Ishilove:

Hahaha! I have all it takes to counter your arguments. I just lack any strong inclination to do so.
Lol...ok talk is free !!! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by johnydon22(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2015
MzNelly:
^^ Both of you should argue with an objective mind; or you will never make sense to each other. undecided
Exactly my point, that's why i told her to bring on her arguments rather than be clowning all over the thread without making any reasonable assertion...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 28, 2015
johnydon22:
Exactly my point, that's why i told her to bring on her arguments rather than be clowning all over the thread without making any reasonable assertion...

She wants to argue.... But is scared to. And with good reason too.
You have an ammunition of words; take it easy.

Deep breaths. cheesy cheesy
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Jesus died for his sins on the cross of calvary.

After going on hunger strike for 40 days and 40 nights,the dude went mental,destroyed the synagog and even proclaimed himself king of the Jews. No wonder he got nailed before others took him serious.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Rilwayne001: 11:59am On Aug 28, 2015
ifeness:

After going on hunger strike for 40 days and 40 nights,the dude went mental,destroyed the synagog and even proclaimed himself king of the Jews. No wonder he got nailed before others took him serious.

Lool.
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by plaetton: 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, no oo, I only done did it once.cheesy

How you been?
Hhhmm.
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by plaetton: 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ishilove:

Yep, I sure do. There are too many depressing issues in this life, so ignorant arguments like the ones you atheists present is a perfect source of convenient mirth cheesy
Ishilove, take time oo smiley
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by kolajamesjnr(m): 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
ifeness:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lool.

Your signature is too cute.... Awww embarassed embarassed
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Rilwayne001: 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
MzNelly:

Your signature is too cute.... Awww embarassed embarassed

Its actually a Quote by 'Renatus Cartesius' in his 'Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting one’s Reason and Seeking Truth wink smiley
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Its actually a Quote by 'Renatus Cartesius' in his 'Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting one’s Reason and Seeking Truth wink smiley

A Philosophy book?

What does it mean? "Cogito ergo sun?"
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Rilwayne001: 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
MzNelly:

A Philosophy book?

YES dearie.

What does it mean? "Cogito ergo sun?"

[b] Latin: "Sic autem rejicientes illa omnia, de quibus aliquo modo possumus dubitare, ac etiam, falsa esse fingentes, facilè quidem, supponimus nullum esse Deum, nullum coelum, nulla corpora; nosque etiam ipsos, non habere manus, nec pedes, nec denique ullum corpus, non autem ideò nos qui talia cogitamus nihil esse: repugnat enim ut putemus id quod cogitat eo ipso tempore quo cogitat non existere. Ac proinde haec cognitio, ego cogito, ergo sum ,est omnium prima & certissima, quae cuilibet ordine philosophanti occurrat."

English: "While we thus reject all of which we can entertain the smallest doubt, and even imagine that it is false, we easily indeed suppose that there is neither God, nor sky, nor bodies, and that we ourselves even have neither hands nor feet, nor, finally, a body; but we cannot in the same way suppose that we are not while we doubt of the truth of these things; for there is a repugnance in conceiving that what thinks does not exist at the very time when it thinks. Accordingly, the knowledge, I think, therefore I am, is the first and most certain that occurs to one who philosophizes orderly." [/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

YES dearie.

[b] Latin: "Sic autem rejicientes illa omnia, de quibus aliquo modo possumus dubitare, ac etiam, falsa esse fingentes, facilè quidem, supponimus nullum esse Deum, nullum coelum, nulla corpora; nosque etiam ipsos, non habere manus, nec pedes, nec denique ullum corpus, non autem ideò nos qui talia cogitamus nihil esse: repugnat enim ut putemus id quod cogitat eo ipso tempore quo cogitat non existere. Ac proinde haec cognitio, ego cogito, ergo sum ,est omnium prima & certissima, quae cuilibet ordine philosophanti occurrat."

English: "While we thus reject all of which we can entertain the smallest doubt, and even imagine that it is false, we easily indeed suppose that there is neither God, nor sky, nor bodies, and that we ourselves even have neither hands nor feet, nor, finally, a body; but we cannot in the same way suppose that we are not while we doubt of the truth of these things; for there is a repugnance in conceiving that what thinks does not exist at the very time when it thinks. Accordingly, the knowledge, I think, therefore I am, is the first and most certain that occurs to one who philosophizes orderly." [/b]

Explain.
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Rilwayne001: 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2015
MzNelly:

Explain.

If there is sufficient cause to doubt one thing you thought was true, then it follows that all things you accept as true maybe subject to doubt. You can as well wake up one day to doubt your existence. It is however this very doubt about ones existence that allows us to conclude that in fact we do really exist.

**off to mosque* cheesy
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ishilove:

I've never indulged in arguing with atheists. I'm not about to start now wink
Yh Ishilove.. I've learnt that.Yu'v done well #Love u plenty
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Sunnystooth(m): 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, you know us too well and might that be because you...cheesy

Thanks, I'm even tired, these people don't like to reason and the worst is lying about what's written in the bible, it's a wonder how Johnny and these other guys have the patience for their nonsense.

Lolz, it might not be because of anything jor. Innocent me! smiley
And yea, you are right. Johnnydon and co are really trying with these guys here. For me, i'll just be reading and learning from my normal hiding place.

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Ishilove: 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
plaetton:

Ishilove, take time oo smiley
I won't take.

Oya talk ya own grin
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by macof(m): 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
if you find it hard to forgive your enemy, why not look for a gun and kill him, no God will hold you accountable for your sin .

The morality of Jesus was so far ahead of its time that 2,000 years after Jesus brought it to this planet, modern society is still no closer to attaining it. 'Go the extra mile . . . bless those who curse you. . . Turned the other cheek . . . It is more blessed to give than to receive . . .' Present day morality, with its crude focus upon observable behavior rather than HEART attitude, is hopelessly primitive and out of touch with reality.

Orunmila, Buddha, Mithra, Krishna taught all these before jesus

5 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
winner01:
Leave these "wannabe atheists"...they are anti-theists, not only anti theist, but anti-christ even though some of them employ lame tactics in balancing their God-hate by mentioning other gods...Real atheists dont care about God or religion and in the course of an argument, they are objective, employ logical reasoning and are open minded....
These ones hate the christian God, its is seen all over their comments.
malvisguy212, Ishilove i suggest you leave them. The Bible has made Itself clear about fools.

Lmao ... the atheists need assurance and strong conviction that God does not exist through sharing "brilliant" ideas like this .
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by winner01(m): 5:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao ... the atheists need assurance and strong conviction that God does not exist through sharing "brilliant" ideas like this .
Absolutely, they hope God does not exist. Notice how they team up with muslims, deists, and others against the christian God. They are having a hard time with their conscience on Who the Creator is, and so they need to fight back to forcefully convince themselves.

3 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]The idea of theism has always been one created to make a soft landing psychological pillow for people, people tend to need an escape route to channel their problems and responsibilities psychologically and by so doing lack independent self determination.

First they need an escape route for their own problems instead of owning up someone conjures up flimsy excuses like "It was the devil's handiwork" "It's God's plan" "God is testing you" and in so doing they erode compassion and human sympathy in times of human tragedy.

"It was the devils handiwork" an escape route to heap their own responsibilities and failures on an escape goat so they might escape owning up to their problems, if the misfortunes on the world is the work of a devil, it clearly shows the devil is more active than the good guy who suppose to be doing the good ones.

"It's God's plan" if everything is God's plan and God has prepared everything according to his will, why then do you pray and beg for favours because it's more like telling God "Your plans is good and all but fvck it i want it done my own way.

"God is testing you" This stone cold excuse is one that i always chastise, eroding compassion in order to make flimsy excuses and create a psychological escape route.

THE FORGIVENESS ESCAPE ROUTE.

This is the worst form of psychological dependency on abstract concepts when people cannot own up to their actions and agree responsibility for them.

That is when you hear idiotic statements like "We are saved by grace" in order words blatantly riding themselves from the guilt of their wrong doings to others.

What i find to be moral is the way you treat others and when i wrong someone i regard their feelings and i if i want to will only ask forgiveness from them because they are the one i hurt.

But a theist logic on forgiveness is; You hurt someone and instead of apologizing to that person you enter your room, mumble some words to the floor and come out saying you are forgiven by God but the person you offend is still hurting and has no idea of your act of repentance from your action. .

Why do someone need forgiveness from a deity when you hurt another human?

A woman once told me that it is because you also hurt God by hurting another human.. My reply was "Since by hurting another human you hurt God, isn't it clear that by apologizing to the person you hurt and gaining his/her forgiveness you should as well gain forgiveness from any God you delusionally think you offended".

I have never seen people who butter self righteousness together with outright hypocrisy more.... You hurt someone and claim to be saved by grace therefore ridding yourself of the responsibility your action entails and more wickedly neglecting the feelings of the one you offended.

I can never trust someone who cannot own up to his mistakes, his actions and take absolute responsibility for them but seeks a psychological escape from them

We do not need forgiveness from any God or any Deity, (Our actions are towards one another) We only need forgiveness from each other
[/b]

What do you smoke before/when you write your epistles ? And deluded fools will be hailing you lipsrsealed undecided . Do you have some mojo on them ?

4 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
MzNelly:

She wants to argue.... But is scared to

There is nothing to be scared about . Most of these "brilliant" questions were dealt with when I was a kid say 12-15 yrs ago. Im expecting more advanced and intellectual/healthy dose of skepticism as regards to

- Man's obsession with finding evidence for extra terrestrial life - a deviation of man's purpose on earth ?( Revelation of God to extra terrestrial life ) .

- Understanding the true nature of God - I had this very interesting quick share of opinion with my friend this week about God being energy , metaphysical being . And the plausibility of God existing in any of these forms

- The "Evolution" of God

- Pre-Adamic age

- As a christian , is there a future in space exploration ?

- Truth in Existence of Watchers / Nephlims etc

... and so much more exciting stuff I cant say so I wont confuse some people . And not dirty childish questions like who created God and satan and why we need to ask a deity for forgiveness and writing epistles about them .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by plaetton: 6:17pm On Aug 28, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

There is nothing to be scared about . Most of these "brilliant" questions were dealt with when I was a kid say 12-15 yrs ago. Im expecting more advanced and intellectual/healthy dose of skepticism as regards to

- Man's obsession with finding evidence for extra terrestrial life - a deviation of man's purpose on earth ?( Revelation of God to extra terrestrial life ) .

- Understanding the true nature of God - I had this very interesting quick share of opinion with my friend about God being energy , metaphysical being or whatever . And the plausibility of God existing in any of these forms

- The "Evolution" of God

- Pre-Adamic age

- Truth in Existence of Watchers / Nephlims etc

... and so much more exciting stuff I cant say so I wont confuse some people . And not dirty childish questions like who created God and satan and why we need to ask a deity for forgiveness and writing epistles about them .

You mean you just celebrated your 16th birthday without telling us?

Haba.
I was intending to give you a nintendo set as your 16th birthday present.
undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by winner01(m): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
plaetton:

You mean you just celebrate your 16th birthday without telling us?

Haba.
I was intending to give a nintendo set as your 16th birthday present.
undecided
I always said it, that its either these guys are immature or just plain stup1d. Did you not see where he said "dealt with 12-15 years ago when he was a kid". If the only thing you can decipher from this is that he's 16, little wonder what education you got.
Is this the same brain you wish to use in dragging people down your lame muddy arguments, undecided... y'all need help.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
plaetton:

You mean you just celebrate your 16th birthday without telling us?

Haba.
I was intending to give a nintendo set as your 16th birthday present.
undecided

Failed banter ?

I was 1 yr old and reasoned like that and now at your age you are reasoning like I did at 1 . cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
winner01:
I always said it, that its either these guys are immature or just plain stup1d. Did you not see where he said "dealt with 12-15 years ago when he was a kid". If the only thing you can decipher from this is that he's 16, little wonder what education you got.
Is this the same brain you wish to use in dragging people down your lame muddy arguments, undecided... y'all need help.

Lmao ... lwkmd ... gold !!!!
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by plaetton: 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
winner01:

This is why you failed english comprehension in your exams.

His statement implied that he is more than 15 years old, which is quite a surprise to most of us here.

And Btw , how did it concern you?
I am quite sure that he got the gist of my post, something that Obviously seemed to have eluded you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by winner01(m): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
plaetton:

This is why you failed english comprehension in your exams.

His statement implied that he is more than 15 years old, which is quite a surprise to most of us here.

And Btw , how did it concern you?
I am quite sure that he got the gist of my post, something that Obviously seemed to have eluded you.
Ok if he's 16 means the questions were dealt with when he was some months old or a year old undecided....and that makes perfect sense to you undecided...Your brain ehn!!!..
And the fact that he's more than 15 surprises you... As a matter of fact one would be surprised to find out that most of these lame threads are created by kids....kids pretending like adults under the guise of social media.

Run back to momma kid, its been 11 years since i had my last english comprehension exams....
And dont forget to tell her how naughty you've been.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by plaetton: 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
winner01:
Ok if he's 16 means the questions were dealt with when he was some months old or a year old undecided....and that makes perfect sense to you undecided...Your brain ehn!!!..
And the fact that he's more than 15 surprises you... As a matter of fact one would be surprised to find out that most of these lame threads are created by kids....kids pretending like adults under the guise of social media.

Run back to momma kid, its been 11 years since i had my last english comprehension exams....
And dont forget to tell her how naughty you've been.

That is the hallmark of Nigerian education. After your exams, the brain goes broke. grin grin

So, it's been 11yrs since you learnt anything new.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by malvisguy212: 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
winner01:
Leave these "wannabe atheists"...they are anti-theists, not only anti theist, but anti-christ even though some of them employ lame tactics in balancing their God-hate by mentioning other gods...Real atheists dont care about God or religion and in the course of an argument, they are objective, employ logical reasoning and are open minded....
These ones hate the christian God, its is seen all over their comments.
malvisguy212, Ishilove i suggest you leave them. The Bible has made Itself clear about fools.
true talk bro.
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Ishilove: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
johnydon22:
Niqqa, I am clowning around the thread because it is not deserving of serious discourse. When I come across a thread that tickles my fancy I will argue away, but until then, I will keep laughing at the very ignorant back and forth babble going on here wink

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How You Can Know For Sure That You Will Go To Heaven When You Die / Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria / Is Smoking A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.