Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,859 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. (16523 Views)

Forgiveness And Grace, A Video Everybody Must Watch / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Dialectics Of Violence And Morality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by johnydon22(m): 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ishilove:
On a more serious note, clowning aside tongue

Johnydon22, what you are doing is trying to box God into the rational confines of the four walls of human reasoning. An exercise in futility, I must add
.The same you who is here claiming your God concept is above human reason is still the one who will lay out your ideas as the words of God, the same you label books written by humans as the word of this God you still claim is above human reason. . The same you who claims God is unknowable still knows the characters of this God that you are quite sure it has a son, it has a golden mansion in the sky, it has a literal burning fire to punish people but yet it is beyond human comprehension.

I so wonder if someone can deceive themselves anymore than that. . .
God is above human reason and so says another human.....

You say the things you say because you do not know what you are talking about. You think you do, but you don't.
Unlike you i have full total control of my thought and reason independent of any prejudice, i advice you do so too.

What you need is a 'Paul encounter' to open your eyes. Paul had to be blinded before he could see, and I hope God shows you mercy by 'blinding' you so that you too can see the light.

But the natural (carnal) man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned -1st Cor 2:14. KJV.
Aaaaah yes the bible quoting. . I have once being there, i know what it feels like to have a belief.

I know if not more than you what it is to have a conviction and i know the effect of this Stockholm syndrome you exhibit. . so i totally understand cus frankly i once use to quote these verses too.

24 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by plaetton: 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
if you find it hard to forgive your enemy, why not look for a gun and kill him, no God will hold you accountable for your sin .

The morality of Jesus was so far ahead of its time that 2,000 years after Jesus brought it to this planet, modern society is still no closer to attaining it. 'Go the extra mile . . . bless those who curse you. . . Turned the other cheek . . . It is more blessed to give than to receive . . .' Present day morality, with its crude focus upon observable behavior rather than HEART attitude, is hopelessly primitive and out of touch with reality.

Again waxing ignorant, they taught you in sunday school that morality started with Jesus?

It Amazing us that you think that the world began 2000yrs ago with Jesus.

Ever heard of Hammurabi or Zoroaster.?
I bet you haven't.

These were moral law givers that lived thousands of years before Jesus.

The problem with christians is their tendency to use the so-called forgiveness to abdicate moral responsibilities when it suits them.

If your skydaddy is forgiving you everyday, then where lies your responsibility to live a moral life everyday?

Isn't the christian moral delusions about being forgiven the fuel for corruptions, Wars and disharmony?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by freecocoa(f): 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2015
This forgiveness nonsense seems to be what I find most ridiculous with these theists, I mean like, me a small sinner that only 'fornicates' will share the same hell with shekau, or better yet, should Shekau manage to accept jesus before his death, he'd own a mansion in paradise and me go occupy hell, I wonder how anyone can see sense in this.grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by GooseBaba: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
if you find it hard to forgive your enemy, why not look for a gun and kill him, no God will hold you accountable for your sin .

The morality of Jesus was so far ahead of its time that 2,000 years after Jesus brought it to this planet, modern society is still no closer to attaining it. 'Go the extra mile . . . bless those who curse you. . . Turned the other cheek . . . It is more blessed to give than to receive . . .' Present day morality, with its crude focus upon observable behavior rather than HEART attitude, is hopelessly primitive and out of touch with reality.

As usual liar for christ..!!!

So before christianity ravaged our continent. Your forebears had no such teachings.? In the mami water teaching it clearly teaches one to find peace by peacefully understanding and making amends with their fellow man.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by johnydon22(m): 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
even before adam and Eve disobeyed God , they know what is right and wrong. With or without the bible , man know what is right and wrong, the purpose of the bible is to have a personal relationship with God.
Oh really? The same you will still be the first to say Adam and Eve had no idea of what Good or Bad is until after they have eaten the fruit and their eyes opened. . You need to slow down and see how you contradict your own biblical stories when it suits your own selfish ideology.

If Buddha taught the same thing , then follow him , its your choice, as for me , I belong to Jesus forever more.
Sorry to disappoint you, unlike you i have an independent sense of what i see to be moral, i do not need Buddha or anybody to tell me they too are not any more human than i am.

But you, you lack any form of psychological independency that's why you rely on the philosophies of others to guide your moral basis.

That's why you need the bible to tell you murder is wrong because your brain cannot on it's own find out that murder is wrong..

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by dalaman: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
freecocoa:
This forgiveness nonsense seems to be what I find most ridiculous with these theists, I mean like, me a small sinner that only 'fornicates' will share the same hell with shekau, or better yet, should Shekau manage to accept jesus before his death, he'd own a mansion in paradise and me go occupy hell, I wonder how anyone can see sense in this.grin

Shekau already believes he will go to Allah's paradise for killing the infidels. The christians believe Moses of the bible who is no different from Shekau is already in heaven.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by GooseBaba: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ishilove:

Johnydon22, what you are doing is trying to box God into the rational confines of the four walls of human reasoning. An exercise in futility, I must add.

You say the things you say because you do not know what you are talking about. You think you do, but you don't.

What you need is a 'Paul encounter' to open your eyes. Paul had to be blinded before he could see, and I hope God shows you mercy by 'blinding' you so that you too can see the light.

But the natural (carnal) man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned -1st Cor 2:14. KJV.

Typical rubbish...

God should "blind you so you can see....
God should rape you so you can be saved
God should stab you so evil can bleed out..
God should poison you with his anointing..
God should naked you so you can be pure...
God should embarrass with his glory...
God should give you what belongs to others...

Una wahala plenty...

5 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by freecocoa(f): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
dalaman:

Shekau already believes he will go to Allah's paradise for killing the infidels. The christians believe Moses of the bible who is no different from Shekau is already in heaven.

Oya just nezianu.grin

I lack words to really express how the whole thing makes me feel walai.
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by GooseBaba: 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
freecocoa:

Aunty, i hail ohhh... grin
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by malvisguy212: 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
plaetton:

Again waxing ignorant, they taught you in sunday school that morality started with Jesus?

It Amazes that you thing that world began 2000yrs ago with Jesus.

Ever heard of Hammurabi or Zoroaster.?
I bet you haven't.

These were moral law givers that lived thousands of years before Jesus.

The problem with christians is their tendency to use the so-called forgiveness to abdicate moral responsibilities when it suits them.

If your skydaddy is forgiving you everyday, then where lies your responsibility to live a moral life everyday?

Isn't the christian moral delusions about being forgiven the fuel for corruptions, Wars and disharmony?
you do not create this thread to ask question, you create it to mock christians, I forgive my enemy and you find this act stu'pid? Were did you learn this moral behaviour ? Here what Jesus say in response to Simon peter question:

Matthew 18:21–22
The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant
21 Then Peter came up and said to him,
“Lord, how often will my brother sin
against me, and I forgive him? As many
as seven times?” 22 Jesus said to him, “I
do not say to you seven times, but
seventy-seven times.

Jesus was teaching about the christians character, the reason you see this as foolishness is because this moral behaviour contradicte your character , if you allow the spirit to control you, you would find happiness in forgiving people , can you boast , you have never hurt someone before ? The bible contradicte atheists character.

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by GooseBaba: 9:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
you do not create this thread to ask question, you create it to mock christians, I forgive my enemy and you find this act stu'pid? Were did you learn this moral behaviour ? Here what Jesus say in response to Simon peter question:

seventy-seven times.

Jesus was teaching about the christians character, the reason you see this as foolishness is because this moral behaviour contradicte your character , if you allow the spirit to control you, you would find happiness in forgiving people , can you boast , you have never hurt someone before ? The bible contradicte atheists character.

So you're clearly admit that you are possessed by a spirit you conjure from a book...

5 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by malvisguy212: 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2015
johnydon22:
Oh really? The same you will still be the first to say Adam and Eve had no idea of what Good or Bad is until after they have eaten the fruit and their eyes opened. . You need to slow down and see how you contradict your own biblical stories when it suits your own selfish ideology.
Sorry to disappoint you, unlike you i have an independent sense of what i see to be moral, i do not need Buddha or anybody to tell me they too are not any more human than i am.

But you, you lack any form of psychological independency that's why you rely on the philosophies of others to guide your moral basis.

That's why you need the bible to tell you murder is wrong because your brain cannot on it's own find out that murder is wrong..
when satan approach the woman , the woman quote what God command them not to do "we should not eat from the tree" this indicate, adam and Eve know what is wrong and right before the fall.

The bible is not the philosophies of others , it is the word of God.

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by malvisguy212: 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
GooseBaba:

So you're clearly admit that you are possessed by a spirit you conjure from a book...
if I am possessed by the spirit of God. To God be the Glory.

3 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by freecocoa(f): 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
GooseBaba:

Aunty, i hail ohhh... grin
Na me hail pass bros me.grin

Like say you no dey do am too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by johnydon22(m): 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
Please please go and read the Op . . cus clearly you did not read it before commenting. . . The Op was about claiming you have been forgiven after your wrong doings without making amendments not about who you forgive.

Please i beg you start reading things before commenting and you really need to develop a healthy reading culture because frankly apologetic website articles copy and paste has marred you..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by malvisguy212: 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
freecocoa:
the bible contradicte your character that why. The reason you type this nonsense is because you are comparing God nature and human.
Man judge outwardly but God judge inwardly, if you genuinely received Jesus before you die, God who knows your heart will forgive you

1 Like

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by johnydon22(m): 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
when satan approach the woman , the woman quote what God command them not to do "we should not eat from the tree" this indicate, adam and Eve know what is wrong and right before the fall.
We have all read the story. . First we know Adam and Eve knew nothing, they did not even know they were naked and the bible was clear that they only found the difference between right from wrong after the act. . .The woman implied God said "don't" but she didn't give the impression God said it was wrong (how will she even comprehend that when she doesn't know what wrong is) . . Please the story is there for all to see...

And this in fact is a huge insult to the intellect of such entity if there is because the creator of the universe who thinks stars can fall to earth (Rev 6:13) shows it doesn't even know what a star is. . .portrays stack illiteracy. . I wonder how the creator of the universe didnt know stars were 1million times larger than the earth and still thinks stars will fall from heaven and cover 1/3 of earth. .grin

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by sukkot: 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ishilove:

I know. I'm just yanking your heavy chains.
yeah spambot has banned me from that thread so i cant reply. when you were mod all you had to do was make a complaint and it was done immediately. whomever is there now na wa. 1 hour and still no response or unhooking me from the spambot in that thread. just letting you know i wasnt being rude in not replying. if you know anyone who can unhook me sha cuz i will like to continue that thread lol
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by simplex2: 10:52pm On Aug 27, 2015
Ishilove:

Be very very careful what you wish for...

Or what? You think I'm one of u lads that the fear of hell restores u to ur factory settings? Emancipate urself from religious slavery abeg!

Once again, if Gates is a candidate of hell after helping to wipe out polio in africa and making efforts to wipe out malaria, all of which your omni-omni-everything can't do, then count me in!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by malvisguy212: 10:59pm On Aug 27, 2015
johnydon22:
We have all read the story. . First we know Adam and Eve knew nothing, they did not even know they were naked and the bible was clear that they only found the difference between right from wrong after the act. . .The woman implied God said "don't" but she didn't give the impression God said it was wrong (how will she even comprehend that when she doesn't know what wrong is) . . Please the story is there for all to see...
And this in fact is a huge insult to the intellect of such entity if there is because the creator of the universe who thinks stars can fall to earth (Rev 6:13) shows it doesn't even know what a star is. . .portrays stack illiteracy. . I wonder how the creator of the universe didnt know stars were 1million times larger than the earth and still thinks stars will fall from heaven and cover 1/3 of earth. .grin
adam and Eve know eating from the tree mean they are disobeying God that why they quote the very command of God, in fact if satan know adam and Eve did not know right and wrong , then why will satan stress himself in tricking them instead of going to them freely ?

The falling of stars onto the Earth. Revelation 6:13-14 is talking about an event YET to come, and as such cannot be proven or disproved from science. In fact the book indicates that the events are NOT NATURAL, BUT SUPERNATURAL. To say that they describe something that is not naturally possible is to state what the book ALREADY tells us.

Revelation is the book of the Bible, which the apostle John received in a VISION. As in many visions given to men by God, the receiver was not always able to explain or understand exactly what he saw. The description of the events are those as perceived by John. The Greek word, astayr, besides being translated "star" can also have the meaning "comet," "meteor" or"asteroid", since there is no Greek word having this meaning. Even our English language refers to meteorites as "falling stars." The description of the "star" Wormwood seems to be that of a large meteorite or comet.

3 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by simplex2: 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
the bible contradicte your character that why. The reason you type this nonsense is because you are comparing God nature and human.

Actually, your bible states that God made man in his own image (physical), after his Likeness (spiritual, psychological, reasoning, logic, intelligence etc)

So why is it wrong to try to apply logic and reasoning to this una God? Did he wrap his word in Godly mystery and send down to man who he knws doesn't understand the Godly words to read and digest?

2 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by malvisguy212: 11:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
simplex2:

Actually, your bible states that God made man in his own image (physical), after his Likeness (spiritual, psychological, reasoning, logic, intelligence etc)

So why is it wrong to try to apply logic and reasoning to this una God? Did he wrap his word in Godly mystery and send down to man who he knws doesn't understand the Godly words to read and digest?
even the angels cannot shere the Glory of God.created in His image doesent mean we have the nature of God.
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by johnydon22(m): 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
adam and Eve know eating from the tree mean they are disobeying God that why they quote the very command of God, in fact if satan know adam and Eve did not know right and wrong , then why will satan stress himself in tricking them instead of going to them freely ?
You know it's not in my nature going in circles when am sure everyone here is very familiar with the fables and all can totally see the way you are twisting and throwing in unfounded lies to substantiate your own idea at the same time contradicting the fable from whence the absurdities where hewn...People can simply go read GENESIS 3

The falling of stars onto the Earth. Revelation 6:13-14 is talking about an event YET to come, and as such cannot be proven or disproved from science. In fact the book indicates that the events are NOT NATURAL, BUT SUPERNATURAL. To say that they describe something that is not naturally possible is to state what the book ALREADY tells us.
Yea science can not prove that stars are in fact too large to fall on earth...And the creator of the universe has no idea of this fact is as funny as it shows abject ignorance and this is the kind of things you would claim for such entity. . size comparison of our sun which is an average G-type star and a red giant star. . the sun is obviously even too small..

this is what we get when 21st century beings base their whole thinking to the naive ideas of primitive men of 2k years ago who didn't know what a galaxy is...You insult the very intellect of 21st century men.

Revelation is the book of the Bible, which the apostle John received in a VISION. As in many visions given to men by God, the receiver was not always able to explain or understand exactly what he saw. The description of the events are those as perceived by John. The Greek word, astayr, besides being translated "star" can also have the meaning "comet," "meteor" or"asteroid", since there is no Greek word having this meaning. Even our English language refers to meteorites as "falling stars." The description of the "star" Wormwood seems to be that of a large meteorite or comet.

Still lying to cover God's ass right? Lmao. . . The greek language have completely different words for the things you listed above. .

star - αστέρι (astéri)

meteor - μετέωρο (metéo̱ro)

asteroid - αστεροειδής (asteroeidí̱s)

comet - κομήτης (komí̱ti̱s)

And for the record the greek word for Star is not "Astayr" As a matter of fact the English words "meteor" and "asteroid" are of greek origin and not the other way round

For the simple fact that the supposed omni-deity cannot differentiate between these distinct celestial entities even in the slightest lingual representation shows it honestly needs a secondary diploma

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by simplex2: 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
even the angels cannot shere the Glory of God.created in His image doesent mean we have the nature of God.

I didn't write ur bible, did I?
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by urheme: 12:18am On Aug 28, 2015
Ishilove:

Johnydon22, what you are doing is trying to box God into the rational confines of the four walls of human reasoning. An exercise in futility, I must add.

Ishilove i have serious problem with religion oh, was raised a christian but this is the one i hate most.

Christ did not die to give us religion according to joyce meyer in her book.

Pls can you put up a proper defence for the christian God without the Bible?

What are your independent feelings about this god?
How do you perceive him it or her.

malvisguy212:

Even with out religion or bible they could discern wrong from right, then of what good is religion really

It seems like religion had'nt had value to humanity, the natural man was consciously designed to know wrong from right.

2 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Sunnystooth(m): 12:19am On Aug 28, 2015
freecocoa:
Hmmmmmmmm.... So this is what my e-crush goes about doing, while i'm always here fantasizing about her. Lolz
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by urheme: 12:28am On Aug 28, 2015
GooseBaba:

Typical rubbish...

God should "blind you so you can see....
God should rape you so you can be saved
God should stab you so evil can bleed out..
God should poison you with his anointing..
God should naked you so you can be pure...
God should embarrass with his glory...
God should give you what belongs to others...

Una wahala plenty...

grin grin grin
Plenty wahala jare!!!

Then atlast you must eat jesus and drink his blood Confusion plus wahala, who will blame the vegetarian

Wahala dey ooooo undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by GooseBaba: 12:28am On Aug 28, 2015
freecocoa:
Na me hail pass bros me.grin

Like say you no dey do am too.

To God be the Glory... Na only "for" I do...nicator.. shocked? That thing pass my power. Anyhow sha, i still dey hail you scatter.. grin
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by plaetton: 12:43am On Aug 28, 2015
malvisguy212:

seventy-seven times.

My friend, go and reread the op.
It is not about me forgiving you.
I can only forgive you once.
The second time, I torpedo you.

But skydaddy forgives you every other day,.. Or so You Delude Yourselves.

That is my point. This delusion is a moral hazard.

2 Likes

Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Ishilove: 3:38am On Aug 28, 2015
johnydon22:
.The same you who is here claiming your God concept is above human reason is still the one who will lay out your ideas as the words of God, the same you label books written by humans as the word of this God you still claim is above human reason. . The same you who claims God is unknowable still knows the characters of this God that you are quite sure it has a son, it has a golden mansion in the sky, it has a literal burning fire to punish people but yet it is beyond human comprehension.

I so wonder if someone can deceive themselves anymore than that. . .
God is above human reason and so says another human.....

Unlike you i have full total control of my thought and reason independent of any prejudice, i advice you do so too.
Aaaaah yes the bible quoting. . I have once being there, i know what it feels like to have a belief.

I know if not more than you what it is to have a conviction and i know the effect of this Stockholm syndrome you exhibit. . so i totally understand cus frankly i once use to quote these verses too.

Lol @Stockholm syndrome cheesy

You are blind, my young friend. I pray for mercy on you, and myself.
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Ishilove: 3:41am On Aug 28, 2015
urheme:

Ishilove i have serious problem with religion oh, was raised a christian but this is the one i hate most.

Christ did not die to give us religion according to joyce meyer in her book.

Pls can you put up a proper defence for the christian God without the Bible?

What are your independent feelings about this god?
How do you perceive him it or her.

Even with out religion or bible they could discern wrong from right, then of what good is religion really

It seems like religion had'nt had value to humanity, the natural man was consciously designed to know wrong from right.

You see the problem is that 'religion' as we know it is inherently flawed. Religion is a creation of man, and hence it is being abused by human beings who use it to perpetuate their insidious purposes. Humans are now more religious, rather than spiritual.
Re: The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 28, 2015
simplex2:
According to them, people like Bill Gates: who is single handedly wiping out diseases in Africa will go to hell while an armed robber tied on the stakes about to be shot dead manages to mumble few words whispered to him by an attending pastor is automatically forgiven and goes to heaven.

Abeg, if Gates will be in hell, count me in!

Bro , if you first me reach abeg book a reservation for me grin grin

the biblical heaven is literally the worst place anyone would think of going.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo's Caananland: Are The Shapes Demonic? / How You Can Know For Sure That You Will Go To Heaven When You Die / Christianity Vs. The Old Gods Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.