Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (786756 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by itunu8(f): 5:52am On Dec 16, 2015
Hello peeps...
Ummm... I'm really in a kinda dilemma here

My sister and i applied for vist visa ( brothers graduation) in November but we were refused. During the application i stated i was doin my NYSC athough no dates was specified.
Now I just got my i-20 and i want to apply for f-1 visa for spring.
Now i dont know what to say. (Mind u, i'm a corper... A ghost corper actually and i will pass out in april). is it wise to tell them i'm still a corper or do i jst say i have passed out.
My fear is, if i tell them am still a corper. They might refuse me or if i say i passed out in december, what if dey ask for my discharge letter
Or should i just say i will pass out in a week time so they dont ask, but what if he/she digs deeper and find out there is no passing out in January ... ohh House please what is the best option that won't hamper my chances.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 6:00am On Dec 16, 2015
Hello house. I have been a silent follower of this thread. I applied to a couple of schools but settled for grand valley state university, michigan. I did toefl and my result came in yesterday, I scored 100, I am thinking of taking GRE also but as things stand I am confused. Thing is I wanna do an M.sc in communication, I already am running an M.sc in Nigeria in Mass comm also but someone hinted me that arts and liberal sciences don't pay well abroad. Could you please advice me, I could switch to nursing or some other stuff but I need a clear picture.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brosdoncome(m): 6:10am On Dec 16, 2015
Who has applied for emergency appointment and what's d earliest date? I'm supposed to get to my school on or before 12th of Jan.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by notasowie: 6:50am On Dec 16, 2015
I want a simple formal answer on Dis question just incase I'm ask by the VO
Why carlifonia ?

Plss I want straight answers ,cus have been doing some extensive research online abt the state can't seen to get a definate respone ,plsss gurus my interview is 30th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 16, 2015
itunu8:
Hello peeps...

My sister and i applied for vist visa ( brothers graduation) in November but we were refused. During the application i stated i was doin my NYSC athough no dates was specified.
Now i dont know what to say. (Mind u, i'm a corper... A ghost corper actually and i will pass out in april). is it wise to tell them i'm still a corper or do i jst say i have passed out.
My fear is, if i tell them am still a corper. They might refuse me or if i say i passed out in december, what if dey ask for my discharge letter
Or should i just say i will pass out in a week time so they dont ask, but what if he/she digs deeper and find out there is no passing out in January ... ohh House please what is the best option that won't hamper my chances.
Thanks.

To avoid being banned for couple of months, only the truth can set you free.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:33am On Dec 16, 2015
esperiense:

This is it

I can see it.. I guess they just started it if I am not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:34am On Dec 16, 2015
ddbluv:

Naija girls here no dey try, the ones here dey form oyibo fonetics, most naija wey dey here too dey hussle jare, some have been living here since but dont still have citizenship.

Nah so.. Nobody wan carry last oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 16, 2015
dickoflife:
Hello house. I have been a silent follower of this thread. I applied to a couple of schools but settled for grand valley state university, michigan. I did toefl and my result came in yesterday, I scored 100, I am thinking of taking GRE also but as things stand I am confused. Thing is I wanna do an M.sc in communication, I already am running an M.sc in Nigeria in Mass comm also but someone hinted me that arts and liberal sciences don't pay well abroad. Could you please advice me, I could switch to nursing or some other stuff but I need a clear picture.
Who told you that? Who told you arts and liberal sciences don't pay well abroad?

You need a well mapped out plan to succeed, not just what your friend or friends said.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:39am On Dec 16, 2015
itunu8:
Hello peeps...

Thanks.

Be truthful and stop causing issues for yourself.. Since you are switching to another visa category, I think is better to go for fall and that should be after nysc so that it can help you..

There are somethings you don't need to rush and do also don't forget that you were denied last month which is less than a month under B1/B2 visa and switching in less than a month to F1 might raise alarm of you being intending migrant..

Just think deep which is my opinion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:43am On Dec 16, 2015
DeeTus:
To avoid being banned for couple of months, only the truth can set you free.

You are right but let's pray she listen because the post get as e be as person we get urgent mission for USA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2015
notasowie:
Why carlifonia ?

Plss I want straight answers ,cus have been doing some extensive research online abt the state can't seen to get a definate respone ,plsss gurus my interview is 30th

I believe there should be a reason why you personal narrow your search for school to California and this are the thing the VO love to hear from applicant, Abi nah person suggest an for you?

Anyway read previous part of this thread and you will see enough response and take note that my country and California have same weather
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nairapolice: 7:50am On Dec 16, 2015
notasowie:
Why carlifonia ?

The sexy beach babes and the wealthy gigolos. cheesy
Say that at your own risk, m just a learner

But IMO, why state questions should be a banana peel to know if you have crammed answers.
for example, they ask how you came across this school and u tell dem u used usnews.com bla bla bla and streamlined by checking areas of research interest then got the school. And they ask u why d state after 4 othet questions. It will be obvious u have prepaid answers if u say somtin good and different from the above because the work u did fetched u the school which happened to be in california.
thats my opinion anyway but m a learner

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 8:04am On Dec 16, 2015
notasowie:
Why carlifonia ?
First and foremost, what course do u intend to go for? I can hint you as they hinted me too here on this forum.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 8:14am On Dec 16, 2015
I asked for advice not for you to come here to question or castigate if you no get advice don't comment biko.
DeeTus:
Who told you that? Who told you arts and liberal sciences don't pay well abroad?

You need a well mapped out plan to succeed, not just what your friend or friends said.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 16, 2015
dickoflife:
I asked for advice not for you to come here to question or castigate if you no get advice don't comment biko.

DeeTus advised you actually.

2nd paragraph of his post. I myself wouldn't have put it better. Don't follow anyone's path. Have your dream, make a plan, execute.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ariyanfe: 8:31am On Dec 16, 2015
Nairalander old my date of interview is fast approaching. I am actually going for F1- student visa interview but am heading different story that NECO result is not accepted in the embassy,pls is that true?
Pls did I need to go with my birth certificate along on the day of interview?
pls I need help on likely interview question,somebody should help me.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 8:33am On Dec 16, 2015
I already have that plan all I am saying is I am open to change. US earnings I am not familiar with. If it were Europe I have experience with that. What I am looking at is after my masters would job openings in that sector translate to high pay? Would I be better advised to move to another field similar to mine? What I am aiming for is a long term plan so in 15 years from now I won't regret a 'well mapped out plan'.
Fortissimo:

DeeTus advised you actually.

2nd paragraph of his post. I myself wouldn't have put it better. Don't follow anyone's path. Have your dream, pursue it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by hayaorbah: 8:35am On Dec 16, 2015
Please house i asked who stays in Virginia or who is going to Virginia earlier on, i actually need an apartment so am looking for who to help out or is ready to accept roommate for a while. Please help som1 who doesnt knw anybdy in Virginia cos my frnds in d US are nt close atall. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2015
Ariyanfe:
Nairalander old my date of interview is fast approaching. I am actually going for F1- student visa interview but am heading different story that NECO result is not accepted in the embassy,pls is that true?
Pls did I need to go with my birth certificate along on the day of interview?
pls I need help on likely interview question,somebody should help me.
Thanks

Neco is generally accepted in the US embassy and their schools and don't listen to those people saying gibberish. If I may ask is it not the neco result that you used to process you admission into the school

No need for your birth certificate because your international passport can cover for that

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ddbluv: 8:39am On Dec 16, 2015
dickoflife:
guy those of us wey don old and get B.sc already in social sciences nko-nko? How I go take change? I no kuku sabi maths before.

Its not all about maths. Na coding be their language, na to decode wetin dem dey do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ddbluv: 8:40am On Dec 16, 2015
sirRiddy:

Which school are you attending, please?

Uni Buffalo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by notasowie: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2015
wiseman2392:

First and foremost, what course do u intend to go for? I can hint you as they hinted me too here on this forum.

Thanks man , I'm going for human resources management and personnel administration .. Hope to hear from u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by notasowie: 8:45am On Dec 16, 2015
Walspring:

I believe there should be a reason why you personal narrow your search for school to California and this are the thing the VO love to hear from applicant, Abi nah person suggest an for you?

Anyway read previous part of this thread and you will see enough response and take note that my country and California have same weather

Thanks I really appreciate Di's point I will work on it
Just incase u have more reason but do well to let me know
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 8:49am On Dec 16, 2015
Really need help here. I want to reapply but wish to know the earliest interview date available. School resumes 4th of January....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by glossybayor(m): 8:53am On Dec 16, 2015
Shey u guyz didn't notice ni? Like dis December make sense for embassy o. A lot of good news between December 9 till today. Xmas Bonus!!!. If I lie mak una tell me, Getting a US visa is one of the 2nd most happiest moment of one's life... may Allah help us. Congrats to those who got der visa approved and best of luck to those who are yet to... US Embassy na die o, na people wey don go der b4 fit understand. And mind u, there is nothing like luck o, Everything happens by the will of Allah. Wetin u tell the VO to get ur visa approved, someone said the same thing and his/her visa was denied. God will help us all.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ddbluv: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2015
notasowie:
Why carlifonia ?

Plss I want straight answers ,cus have been doing some extensive research online about the state can't seen to get a definite response ,plsss gurus my interview is 30th

If your not street wise, I'll advise you say the truth how you came about the school. They will ask you 1 question and twist it at the tail end of the interview session to see how truthful you were. Why California? & Why did you choose this school may not be the same but the answer to each are intertwined. You can't afford to say something materially different from the other.
In my case, It wasnt twisted, they asked same question at the middle and tail end of the interview session. - Why did you choose this school among others you applied for? I didn't waiver, repeated same answer.

Why California? Talk about the industries that abound there for experiential learning (Internship) to enable you gain exposure before coming back to Nigeria to set up your biz, relate it to the school research progress also, you may inform the VO that it was not about the state but about the school that informed your choice of state. Your school may not be highly ranked but the course program is rated highly among other school. It's a <5mins Interview. Trust me, you'll face many more challenges here, you have to do your research alone to save cost, achieve more

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2015
dickoflife:
It's okay. Just follow your friend's path and you would be fine. Isn't what you want to hear? grin No problem.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2015
Chai see as dis guy yeye me. Anyway oya educate me what do I need to do?
ddbluv:

Its not all about maths. Na coding be their language, na to decode wetin dem dey do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2015
I never mentioned a friend or friends I said what I heard. Whatever guy. My destination and yours aren't the same. Face your lane.
DeeTus:
It's okay. Just follow your friend's path and you would be fine. Isn't what you want to hear? grin No problem.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Olakunlae: 9:07am On Dec 16, 2015
Fortissimo:
Olakunlae, Walspring has answered you. Thanks Walspring.

There is also a GRE prep thread somewhere.

Thanks ! do appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.