Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783876 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 5:32am On Dec 15, 2015
Martinscue:
A friend recommended this site to me after I got my visa.. I will be heading to Manhattan next week.. Is there anyone on here who is in KState( Kansas state university
that link could come in handy, the state line between kansas city kansas state and kansas city Missouri na traffic light cheesy cheesy, have a sfae trip
http://www.k-state.edu/asu/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 5:40am On Dec 15, 2015
amanze15:
that link could come in handy, quite a few nigerians are in the school who are not presumably on this thread, the state line between kansas city kansas state and kansas city Missouri na traffic light cheesy cheesy, have a safe trip
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Martinscue: 6:56am On Dec 15, 2015
I had my eyes on that school. What course are you going to study? What was your GRE score?

i didn't sit for GRE, only did toefl and got 76. Also submitted my other transcripts..Are you applying for fall ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Martinscue: 7:00am On Dec 15, 2015
sirRiddy:

Hey. I am enrolling in k State in fall. Sent you a PM.

Ive just sent you a message
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Martinscue: 7:10am On Dec 15, 2015
amanze15:
that link could come in handy, the state line between kansas city kansas state and kansas city Missouri na traffic light cheesy cheesy, have a sfae trip

Thanks for the link.. It does come in handy..look like their are lots of Africans there..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sean622: 7:32am On Dec 15, 2015
Walspring:

Go back to your appointment page and log in then look at the left corner you will see emergency request which is under cancel appointment click on it and follow the instructions.

Make sure you have scanned copy of your international passport data page, i20, sevis fee receipt, ds160 confirmation page and appointment confirmation page then upload it because this will be needed to approve your emergency request.
I have requested for the emergency appointment which was approved and I was told to reschedule another appointment, I did reschedule the appointment but the earliest date I was given was 12 of January which is one day beyond the resumption date...what else can I do in this case?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 15, 2015
Daniel3366:
Broda abeg just help, am not for trouble
LOL!

Help in what way? Tell me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 8:37am On Dec 15, 2015
ALHAMDULILLAH, my Visa is approved at Lagos embassy this morning. It is by God nothing more. Transcript coming later today. SLIMMY05, your head is valid. And to all that go and would go for their visa, it shall be approved. You better claim it.

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by laboldkid(m): 8:42am On Dec 15, 2015
Visa Approved.... Transcript coming soon! I'm on my way home.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2015
wiseman2392:
ALHAMDULILLAH, my Visa is approved at Lagos embassy this morning. It is by God nothing more. Transcript coming later today. SLIMMY05, your head is valid. And to all that go and would go for their visa, it shall be approved. You better claim it.
laboldkid:
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 15, 2015
otubujohn:
you guys are doing a wonderful thing in this thread
Pls gurus in the house, I concluded National Service in July, I would need help with a school in the US were I can do my masters in Biochemistry that is not too expensive..
I do not have a GRE, TOEFL or any other apart from my Bsc. Is it compulsory?
Also as I would like to resume asap, what is the closest most reasonable term I can apply for.
Pls Abeg, you guys should answer me this time, everyone has been ignoring my questions for over a month now, dunno why

Oboy going into grad school especially for a science course no be rush rush sharp sharp tinz o. You really need to take time out to do deep fact finding about what you want to do. First of all, I'd advise you to write GRE. There's only a small fraction of schools that would accept without GRE especially for international applicants. All this info is right on the schools' websites.

I don't know how prepared you are, but on average even if you have enough time on ur hands, it can take more than a month to get 70th percentile and above GRE scores. Most school application deadlines are before March 2016 so you need to really hurry if you want to apply for Fall 2016.

Maybe you can post your profile and we can suggest schools for you. Tell us ur gpa, research experience, publications if any, etc.

I'm also a BCH guy and I'm applying for Fall 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 15, 2015
Paulbets. How far? Unilag guy too. Biochem goin for fall 2016. Have u heard anything yet? I'm guessing admits will start flowing from February / march.

Which schools did u apply to? I saw were u wrote abt using WES. Did all ur schools require it? I'm almost done with my apps, just to chase down references. Did u need to get the approval of a faculty member tho?

All the best man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lobito007(m): 9:45am On Dec 15, 2015
Martinscue:
i didn't sit for GRE, only did toefl and got 76. Also submitted my other transcripts..Are you applying for fall ?
Really You were not required to write GRE? Are u going for Msc? What course? Yes, I may be applying for fall.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 9:47am On Dec 15, 2015
wiseman2392:

Big Amen! Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2015
laboldkid:

Congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by vivyval(f): 9:55am On Dec 15, 2015
Amen! Congrats man!

wiseman2392:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Martinscue: 9:58am On Dec 15, 2015
lobito007:

Really You were not required to write GRE? Are u going for Msc? What course? Yes, I may be applying for fall.

Yes, I wasn't required to sit for GRE. You can, so as to improve your standing. I only submitted my TOEFl result, my secondary school transcript and the transcript for the 6 month language programme that I did in China.. I'm going for undergraduate study and would be studying social work. Have you get in touch with the student advisor??.. You should try and ring her. She will direct you on the appropriate documents to submit...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:25am On Dec 15, 2015
afolabibalogun:
Pls urgent... My flight is tomorrow via Qatar airways... What is the maximum kg of my luggage pls
Thanks

It's on your ticket didn't you read it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:27am On Dec 15, 2015
sean622:

I have requested for the emergency appointment which was approved and I was told to reschedule another appointment, I did reschedule the appointment but the earliest date I was given was 12 of January which is one day beyond the resumption date...what else can I do in this case?

Dunno since they granted you your request but they should have show you dates like 3 days to your resumption
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tempex88(m): 10:29am On Dec 15, 2015
Fortissimo:
Paulbets. How far? Unilag guy too. Biochem goin for fall 2016. Have u heard anything yet? I'm guessing admits will start flowing from February / march.

Which schools did u apply to? I saw were u wrote abt using WES. Did all ur schools require it? I'm almost done with my apps, just to chase down references. Did u need to get the approval of a faculty member tho?

All the best man.

Has Seun employed you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:31am On Dec 15, 2015
laboldkid:

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland..

Buy better thing come home grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:33am On Dec 15, 2015
wiseman2392:

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by texrem(m): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2015
Congrats to everyone who got their visa....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 11:08am On Dec 15, 2015
Fortissimo:

All the best man.
Yesoo CBG Unilag, going for fall 2016 as well. I have not heard anything yet, the schools told me admits are likely to be trickling in by that kind march.
I applied to university of tennessee knoxville, florida state university, university of south florida, etsu, and kansas state university. However, at fsu i got a potential supervisor recommendation to apply. And yes I did WES and got 3.51, two of the schools required it.
I have done what I could, so am fervently praying for the best.
How is your apps coming by, be fast cause deadlines are here already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 15, 2015
tempex88:

Has Seun employed you?

Yes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 15, 2015
paulbets:

Yesoo CBG Unilag, going for fall 2016 as well. I have not heard anything yet, the schools told me admits are likely to be trickling in by that kind march.
I applied to university of tennessee knoxville, florida state university, university of south florida, etsu, and kansas state university. However, at fsu i got a potential supervisor recommendation to apply. And yes I did WES and got 3.51, two of the schools required it.
I have done what I could, so am fervently praying for the best.
How is your apps coming by, be fast cause deadlines are here already.

All MSc or some PhD too? I should be done this week. I'm sure ETSU will give you. What course are you applying for? I'm applying for MS / PhD Biochemistry / Chemistry. Hope your schools give funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 12:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fortissimo:

All MSc or some PhD too? I should be done this week. I'm sure ETSU will give you. What course are you applying for? I'm applying for MS / PhD Biochemistry / Chemistry. Hope your schools give funding.
4 PhDs and 1 Msc.
Biology..
Yes the schools talked about funding but am still waiting for offers of admissions and the fundings that come with it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by IIZER29: 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
How much physical cash are you allowed to travel abroad with here in Nigeria without declaring ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
paulbets:

I have completed applications to five schools. Just chilling and waiting for feedback o.
Thanks for checking in on me bro...
How your side

completed UC though. take care
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 1:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
Am happy! My very own sister from another mother got her visa approved this morning after being delayed twice! GOD answers prayers.and congrats to all those that got their visas approved here.HALLELUYAh OOOO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 1:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I don't even know what i'm doing for this Christmas. Maybe i'll hang out at my aunt's and later with my friends before they go to Brazil. I'm graduating this Saturday. Got an exam today and another on Wednesday. Not feeling the graduation vibe, maybe because of my exams. Got exam chills. cry embarassed

You'll ace them bro...the Lord is your strength
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
wiseman2392:
smiley Congrats

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.