Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,173 members, 7,835,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (786924 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
IIZER29:
How much physical cash are you allowed to travel abroad with here in Nigeria without declaring ?
You have to declare even the 1 cent with you. maximum is $10,000 cash
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
wiseman2392:
ALHAMDULILLAH, my Visa is approved at Lagos embassy this morning. It is by God nothing more. Transcript coming later today. SLIMMY05, your head is valid. And to all that go and would go for their visa, it shall be approved. You better claim it.
Did you get TS? Let me know so I can talk to friends that would stay back in school for xmas that would take you round to scout for GA/ TS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 2:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
I claim it in jesus name.AMEN!
wiseman2392:
ALHAMDULILLAH, my Visa is approved at Lagos embassy this morning. It is by God nothing more. Transcript coming later today. SLIMMY05, your head is valid. And to all that go and would go for their visa, it shall be approved. You better claim it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
Congrats bro
laboldkid:
Visa Approved.... Transcript coming soon! I'm on my way home.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
Congrats bro.
wiseman2392:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
Visa denied this morning, hmmm...... Can I still reapply?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
IIZER29:
How much physical cash are you allowed to travel abroad with here in Nigeria without declaring ?

Maximum of $10,000 but if it's more you need to declare it for your own security
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2015
AsiwajuAfo001:

Sorry about the delay...

Yes you can still re fire and get your visa..

Just work on your lapses..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Emmasmith2016: 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
Visa approved...transcript coming soon...thank You Jesus ( grin grin

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
slimmy05:
Did you get TS? Let me know so I can talk to friends that would stay back in school for xmas that would take you round to scout for GA/ TS.
NO. I would be very happy if can help me talk to them, thanks all the ways.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2015
Emmasmith2016:
Congratulations!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
AsiwajuAfo001:
Sorry, God will do it for you in your next trial. AMEN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by abuhubaidah: 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
wiseman2392:

Sorry, God will do it for you in your next trial. AMEN
congrat man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
mayflower, guy you disappoint me if you actually displayed such attitude after I helped you. Now, you find it difficult to respond to your emails.

This is the reason why people on here don't offer to help. I no longer want you to reply my message, if after 4 days of sending you emails. When you needed the help you emailed consecutively pronto.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by laboldkid(m): 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
Please don't mind my writing, i'm not a good writer o, please just manage!...... lol.

I got the embassy(Lagos) around 5:30 am for the 6:30 am appointment today. I passed through security then straight to the interview room!. I was among the first 10 people that entered the room.... I did my biometrics then sat down waiting for the VOs to come out, while we all were waiting for the VOs people started coming in and the room was filled up, so they had to usher us to each window so we would be interviewed. Funny thing is that, i was the first person on the queue to be interviewed in Window 6 but the VO never came out o..... I kept saying a prayer that God will not allow any Vo that would denial me come out oo..... I wait tire!!! till they took me to another window... The Vo i was taking to was one beautiful young woman sipping coffee!......

Transcript
VO: Good morning( She was busy enjoying her coffee )

ME: Good morning with a smile on my face.

VO: Why do you want to study in this state ?

ME: I can't remember all i said here.. ( But i talked about the state having a Low crime rate, making it very safe for me to study without distractions and fear)

VO: How did you find out about this school?

ME: I did an extensive research online using academic website such as usnews.com, Education USA, Princeton review and google.( VO was nodding her head)..

VO: When did you finish high school?

ME: 2009

VO: What have you been doing ?

ME: I have a National Diploma in Computer sci

VO: What are your plans after you finish your program?

ME: I have to come back for my One year NYSC then take over my mother's Firm

VO: OK i have approved your Visa.... Pick up your passport at.....................

ME: Thank you

VO: You're Welcome

No Documents asked....

PRAY, FAST,PRAY, FAST....

Please don't fake accent during your interview abeg! Please! ... One guy was just busy faking accent then the VO asked have you ever traveled out of Nigeria before ? He said NO!... anyway he was denied.....

Please don't speak too fast!... Be very calm( Talk as if your dad is the owner of the whole Naija)...

Smile....

I wish everyone going for their interview success!!!!

God bless you WALSPRING!.. and special thanks to all the guru in the house! God will reward you and bless you.

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Olakunlae: 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fortissimo:

Oboy going into grad school especially for a science course no be rush rush sharp sharp tinz o. You really need to take time out to do deep fact finding about what you want to do. First of all, I'd advise you to write GRE. There's only a small fraction of schools that would accept without GRE especially for international applicants. All this info is right on the schools' websites.

I don't know how prepared you are, but on average even if you have enough time on ur hands, it can take more than a month to get 70th percentile and above GRE scores. Most school application deadlines are before March 2016 so you need to really hurry if you want to apply for Fall 2016.

Maybe you can post your profile and we can suggest schools for you. Tell us ur gpa, research experience, publications if any, etc.

I'm also a BCH guy and I'm applying for Fall 2016
Pls, Na beg i dey take beg u... I'm on the same level as thus guy (Otujohn ). I know nothing abt travelling rocedures and I need help regarding this as I also want to go for M.sc . I also had my B.sc in Biochemistry. I nid ur HELP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by esperiense(m): 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hello NLanders. Pls is passport now required for filling DS 160 for lagos embassy? Is it same for Abuja?
Pls need response asap
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 15, 2015
laboldkid:
Please don't mind my writing, i'm not a good writer o, please just manage!...... lol.

I got the embassy(Lagos) around 5:30 am for the 6:30 am appointment today. I passed through security then straight to the interview room!. I was among the first 10 people that entered the room.... I did my biometrics then sat down waiting for the VOs to come out, while we all were waiting for the VOs people started coming in and the room was filled up, so they had to usher us to each window so we would be interviewed. Funny thing is that, i was the first person on the queue to be interviewed in Window 6 but the VO never came out o..... I kept saying a prayer that God will not allow any Vo that would denial me come out oo..... I wait tire!!! till they took me to another window... The Vo i was taking to was one beautiful young woman sipping coffee!......

Transcript

ME: I can't remember all i said here.. ( But i talked about the state having a Low crime rate, making it very safe for me to study without distractions and fear)

ME: I did an extensive research online using academic website such as usnews.com, Education USA, Princeton review and google.( VO was nodding her head)..

VO: OK i have approved your Visa.... Pick up your passport at.....................

No Documents asked....

Please don't fake accent during your interview abeg! Please! ... One guy was just busy faking accent then the VO asked have you ever traveled out of Nigeria before ? He said NO!... anyway he was denied.....

Please don't speak too fast!... Be very calm( Talk has if your dad is the owner of the whole Naija)...

Smile....

God bless you WALSPRING!.. and special thanks to all the guru in the house! God will reward you and bless you.

Congrats bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
Olakunlae:

Pls, Na beg i dey take beg u... I'm on the same level as thus guy (Otujohn ). I know nothing abt travelling rocedures and I need help regarding this as I also want to go for M.sc . I also had my B.sc in Biochemistry. I nid ur HELP

Oya give us ur profile na.

Here are some loose steps/guidelines

1. Write GRE and TOEFL ASAP
2. Depending on your research interests, career goals, life goals, GPA, test scores, deadlines and other requirements, choose a healthy number of schools whose requirements you meet.
3. Apply

I guess one of the hardest parts is choosing schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
Sorry about the delay bro,you will get your visa when you go again by God's grace. And yes you can reapply.post your transcript so that gurus in the house can vet your lapses.
AsiwajuAfo001:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 6:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
Congrats bro
Emmasmith2016:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Olakunlae: 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fortissimo:

2. Depending on your research interests, career goals, life goals, GPA, test scores, deadlines and other requirements, choose a healthy number of schools whose requirements you meet.
3. Apply

I finished with a CGPA of 3.85.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Olakunlae: 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fortissimo:

3. Apply

Pls, how do i register for GRE and TOEFL? Pls don't get angry at me ! Like I said earlier I know nothing abt travelling procedures.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by brosdoncome(m): 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
Please, what's d the earliest date one can get if he/she applies for an emergency appointment? I just got my I-20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tosynbolade(m): 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
slimmy05:
You have to declare even the 1 cent with you. maximum is $10,000 cash

Good day bro,I have been sending messages to your bbm but it's not delivering. Pls I wanna ask you something. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
tosynbolade:

Good day bro,I have been sending messages to your bbm but it's not delivering. Pls I wanna ask you something. Thanks
I can't handle bbm or whatsapp. That app is a problem for me. Send me a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
DeeTus:
LOL!

Help in what way? Tell me.
Regarding the question I posted earlier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
Daniel3366:
Regarding the question I posted earlier.
Sorry, I really don't know what he has changed in your life. You only can answer that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
Emmasmith2016:

To God be the glory..

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
laboldkid:

Transcript

No Documents asked....

Please don't speak too fast!... Be very calm( Talk as if your dad is the owner of the whole Naija)...

Smile....

Amen in the name of Jesus..

God bless us all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 8:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
brosdoncome:
Please, what's d the earliest date one can get if he/she applies for an emergency appointment? I just got my I-20.

It's the embassy that will show you the available dates they have for interview so no one can predict it here unless it was approved and the person saw it because you will be giving a procedure to follow to book for is and only you or those who also applied for emergency appointment can view and see the date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
esperiense:
Hello NLanders. Pls is passport now required for filling DS 160 for lagos embassy? Is it same for Abuja?
Pls need response asap
thanks

You need passport number to fill DS160 if you are doing your interview either in Abuja or Lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.