Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,298 members, 7,860,730 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (792347 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2015
slimmy05:
We all (old members) are used to his deranged ideas. He thinks he's capable of running down the thread. Aside visa interview, a lot of were one time job hunting and its quite helpful to seek for possible or likely interview questions from folks with experience.

I came here blank with no idea of how US student visa works- the case is not the same today. I'm very sure the knowledge you've gathered so far would be helpful not just for visa but at least how to survive and network in US.

As in... It's invaluable. Na people like that guy dey hide handouts or past questions for uni those days. Anyhow sha, compliments. Wish you a merry Xmas in advance!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2015
Boss,pls here is my number +2348085502372 pls just beep me I need your assistance for my brother,he's coming into chicago on 31th to depart naija on 30th. God bless you bro.
foohard:
I did not get your PM boss.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AlbertEinstein: 12:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
Thanks for your help house. Please how do I pay SEVIS fee oo. I need it ASAP coz I wanna schedule an Emergency interview.
Also, after my success on the Emergency Interview date, how long will I have to wait to get back my passport.
I need cheap flight to the States oo. School wants me to arrive before 8th Jan.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by emmanuel04: 12:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
This is my first time here. Please do all u can in assisting me coz I really have no idea on how tto start the processing on student visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 12:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
emmanuel04:
This is my first time here. Please do all u can in assisting me coz I really have no idea on how tto start the processing on student visa

Please try reading back through this section as all the information that you need is here.
Also look up USA student visa on Google, again lots of information there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Taymoss: 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hi guys, help me thank God my visa has just been approved. Hallelujah. Will post my transcript later in d day. Thanks for ur advise and information angry

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 1:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
Visa was denied today @ window 5. I intend to re-apply ASAP

11am appointment

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning

After the biometrics

Vo: What is your study plan
Me: I will be doing a post baccalaureate program at Texas Southern University. Which will lead to a Msc degree in computer sc

Vo: Ok. Who is your sponsor?
Me: My uncle

Vo: What does he do?
Me: He is the CEO of ABC coy. I paused while she was typing and she signaled with her hand like I should continue.
ABC company is an investment coy into real estate, automotive bla bla bla

Vo: What will you do after your program?
Me: I will come back to Nigeria to work as a Network Engineer. I'm also considering to set up an IT firm

Vo: Sorry your visa can't be approved at this time... Gives me blue paper and my docs.

Please guys what should I do. Sch resumes Jan 11

Cc. Walspring, Slimmy05, DeeTus

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
Taymoss:
Hi guys, help me thank God my visa has just been approved. Hallelujah. Will post my transcript later in d day. Thanks for ur advise and information angry

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
abeg I need someone to help me chk my SOP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
The Year wan end now...Na so i ask one question one time like that una no answer.I dey ask again...How una dey take cure Konji for there?Cos if me enter,i go wan cure Konji asap..Maybe with a nairalander sef... grin grin grin. Oya slimmy msnas,deetus, zeezahbee, bigfrancis.All of una,oya come and answer...Profojah,walspring, your attention is needed here..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
Taymoss:
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
happney65:
The Year wan end now...Na so i ask one question one time like that una no answer.I dey ask again...How una dey take cure Konji for there?Cos if me enter,i go wan cure Konji asap..Maybe with a nairalander sef... grin grin grin. Oya slimmy msnas,deetus, zeezahbee, bigfrancis.All of una,oya come and answer...Profojah,walspring, your attention is needed here..
Lmao cheesy cheesy.. Ashawo boy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
MrMann1:
11am appointment
After the biometrics
Me: I will be doing a post baccalaureate program at Texas Southern University. Which will lead to a Msc degree in computer sc
Me: He is the CEO of ABC coy. I paused while she was typing and she signaled with her hand like I should continue.
Me: I will come back to Nigeria to work as a Network Engineer. I'm also considering to set up an IT firm
Vo: Sorry your visa can't be approved at this time... Gives me blue paper and my docs.
Sorry for the denial, but based on my own knowledge u should have moved straight to tell the VO u plan to study MSc in Computer Science at TSU instead of the post bacc.... Also your proposed program should not only be a benefit for you only, what about the country u would return to? What benefit will it do to you, society or environment and your country. You can work on those lapses and re-apply, the visa is yours.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
profojah:

Lmao cheesy cheesy.. Ashawo boy

Don't like your new font stay with this one. Ok. Good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 2:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
wiseman2392:

Sorry for the denial, but based on my own knowledge u should have moved straight to tell the VO u plan to study MSc in Computer Science at TSU instead of the post bacc.... Also your proposed program should not only be a benefit for you only, what about the country u would return to? What benefit will it do to you, society or environment and your country. You can work on those lapses and re-apply, the visa is yours.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
happney65:

Go with your wife if you wan cure konji... gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mikkyphaton: 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
hello, Mr Mann1, to be honest u did really well from ur reply. I dont know about ur confidence or how articulately u spoke but from dis transcript i honestly think u ought to hv been given. Pls do reapply, remember to put God first cos it's by his grace. Am so sure u wont be denied. Congrats in advance sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 3:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
Mikkyphaton:
hello, Mr Mann1, to be honest u did really well from ur reply. I dont know about ur confidence or how articulately u spoke but from dis transcript i honestly think u ought to hv been given. Pls do reapply, remember to put God first cos it's by his grace. Am so sure u wont be denied. Congrats in advance sir

Thanks bro. Honestly what I personally think could be the problem is while filling the online form... DS160. I filled sponsor as guardian and during interview I said uncle. Do you think it could cause the ish
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Congrats bro,pls we await your transcript.
Taymoss:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
MrMann1:

11am appointment

After the biometrics

sorry about the delay bro,but I think your study plan should have been that you intend to do your Post-bacca studies in Info tech at the texas southern university for a duration period of 12months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Melo11: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
Thanks, very useful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
MrMann1:

11am appointment

After the biometrics

Sorry for this particular denial. You really tried but your reasons for coming back to Nigeria after your studies weren't solid enough. There are quite a number of reasons to give to nail it in your next interview. Computer Science would always revolutionize our ideas, the way we do things.

Don't worry, you'll get it next time. Will give you some tips later.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 3:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
fregkay:
sorry about the delay bro,but I think your study plan should have been that you intend to do your Post-bacca studies in Info tech at the texas southern university for a duration period of 12months.

Ok. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
DeeTus:
Sorry for this particular denial. You really tried but your reasons for coming back to Nigeria after your studies weren't solid enough. There are quite a number of reasons to give to nail it in your next interview. Computer Science would always revolutionize our ideas, the way we do things.

Don't worry, you'll get it next time. Will give you some tips later.

Thanks DeeTus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mikkyphaton: 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
MrMann1:

Thanks bro. Honestly what I personally think could be the problem is while filling the online form... DS160. I filled sponsor as guardian and during interview I said uncle. Do you think it could cause the ish
I dont really think so, if there was any contradiction the VO would have made known that point to you to defend it. All the same just work on giving better responses esp on the 'what are u going to do after ur program' as advised by Deetus. Good luck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sharlorhm(m): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
Jchi9876:

the weather is cold already i need my fire place more fired up grin

Do people have to naturally tell you to cram it is the crammer and copier that goes all out in a desperate unprepared state to naturally cram.

Get the argument, point and message which is interview sessions. of applicants successfull or unsuccessful should be discouraged from being posted, used as basis/foundation(like you said) for preparation or whatever.

If you are a genuine applicant when you are denied deep on your mind ( if you are genuine with yourself) you know why you were denied and even most times told same by the consular officer.

But counterfeit applicants in an easy way to get it quick again come here asking for scrutiny and prepping up so as to "know what to say" not necessary the right intentions to be "successful" the next time.

Ask those you guys call gurus( i know they will be sincere) most of them got "approved" after at least a denial how more serious they were in areas of upgrading their present situation( finances, job relativity to course of study etc) , more detailed course researches and school not one will tell you the basis was or their strength was in the "success story of a interview session"

Like warriboy said i am the typical "cover book for exam kind of guy" and you know why its a confidence booster and shows seriousness.

i would rather do it myself and if you are so so so good. rthat you ever have "access" to copying my success tips good for you.

But i will NEVER ever encourage a family member or friend to go solely searching for visa interview questions and answers.

Phewwww how does it even sound to you guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
Mikkyphaton:
I dont really think so, if there was any contradiction the VO would have made known that point to you to defend it. All the same just work on giving better responses esp on the 'what are u going to do after ur program' as advised by Deetus. Good luck

Ok.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 4:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
Here is my promised transcript. I was only asked three questions:

VO: Goodmorning

ME: Goodmorning (with a smile)

VO: Can I have your documents

ME: Yeah...Sure! (Passed my passport and DS confirmation page)

VO: And the I-20. (which I did. She took some time to study my I-20 form and then went on to check my details on her computer. Looking at me)
How did you make your choice of school?

ME: I got to know about University of ABC through academic textbook. (she was staring at me and so I fired on). As a Lecturer at the University
of Benin, I use different local and foreign textbooks to facilitate my course. One of the textbooks that stood out is Fluid Power Pumps by
Prof. Noah Manring. The professor is a faculty member at the University of ABC. I got interested in his research and I contacted him. (I noticed a sly smile on face. She looked impressed)

VO: Who is paying for this?

ME: Its a federal government scholarship. I named the agency handling it

VO: Where did you do your master?

ME: Cranfield University, United kingdom.

VO: Your visa is approved. Get your visa with the instruction from this document (gave me a white sheet).

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
Please how can I see the list of available date for interview appointment??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
Mayflowa:
Here is my promised transcript. I was only asked three questions:

VO: Goodmorning

ME: Goodmorning (with a smile)

VO: Can I have your documents

ME: Yeah...Sure! (Passed my passport and DS confirmation page)

VO: And the I-20. (which I did. She took some time to study my I-20 form and then went on to check my details on her computer. Looking at me)
How did you make your choice of school?

ME: I got to know about University of ABC through academic textbook. (she was staring at me and so I fired on). As a Lecturer at the University
of Benin, I use different local and foreign textbooks to facilitate my course. One of the textbooks that stood out is Fluid Power Pumps by
Prof. Noah Manring. The professor is a faculty member at the University of ABC. I got interested in his research and I contacted him. (I noticed a sly smile on face. She looked impressed)

VO: Who is paying for this?

ME: Its a federal government scholarship. I named the agency handling it

VO: Where did you do your master?

ME: Cranfield University, United kingdom.

VO: Your visa is approved. Get your visa with the instruction from this document (gave me a white sheet).

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by leadersWay00: 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sorry this is coming very late but am glad i did it. My visa was approved 3 december 2015 at the abuja embasy. My interview was schedule for 10:15 am but i arrived there about 3hours earlier, so i had to wait. Those girls husling for money and wont appreciate it when you eventually give them. One could have revoke my visa approval if she had her way because i gave her #100 for holding my bag.
Anyways the visa interview was just the way some people describe it. I heard one man giving a full lecture on the physiology and pathophysiology of stroke before he was granted.
Enough distraction,lets go straight to the transcript.
VO: good morning
Me: good morning and passed my document to her without asking
VO:why are you going to the school
Me: I am going to the school because the program that i was admitted into is designed in a way that it addresses the major problems of the health care system in Nigeria (vo cut in)
VO: what are those problems
Me:poor policy making, implementation and administration
VO:can you given me an example of the poor policy making
Me:The issue of health care issurance is a big problem in nigeria. For example,i pay #2000 for my issurance every month but it does not cover all my health care expences. So i do not get value for my money
VO:what are the things that it cover
Me: it only cover my laboratory charges
VO: you are a medical laboratory technician right
Me: no,i am a medical laboratory scientist
VO: you are a medical laboratory technician
Me: okay (for my mind, e b like say na wetin una dey call am for that side be dat)
VO:what test do you run
Me: full blood count, electrolyte,urea and creatinine (vo cut in)
VO:what are the test that make up full blood count
Me: packed cell volume, total white blood cell,differential,platelet count,reticulocyte (vo cut in)
VO: what can determine if a blood is a good blood or a bad blood
Me: the normal range of pcv for an adult male in nigeria is btween 40 and 52,if its lower than 24 percent...it is term anaemia and higher than 60 percent is termed polycythemia
VO: who is your sponsor
Me:my dad
VO:what does he do
Me:told her
VO:how much do you earn
Me:told her
VO:your visa has been approved...make sure you get to the school on so so date.
Me:thank you
All thanks to God,my friends and gurus on this forum...una too much
I prayed,fasted and prepared well....i no smile at all but i used my gesticulation very well..and no document asked,not even statement of account

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by chummygirl: 4:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
@ Profojah, I just PM you. Kindly reply. Thanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.