Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,708 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (786385 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:10am On Dec 21, 2015
busola78:
@ jah101 and tosynbolade,thanks for the reply.However,i will explain my situation.

I was earlier denied for fall semester,now i want to go the embassy with another school"s i-20.On the SEVIS fee receipt i can see the previous school code on it.

If i have to transfer,how do i do it so as to take it to the embassy?

Thank you.

You can see the previous school code You funny no be small

Just email dhs to transfer your receipt from your old sevis number to the new sevis number..

The email is FMJFEE.SEVIS@ice.dhs.gov , contact them and explain what you want but make sure you include your full names, date of birth, sevis number in the email because without that they won't work on it but they will ask you to send it before they answer you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:16am On Dec 21, 2015
AlbertEinstein:
Hello house. Please I need your help. I applied for an F-1 VISA (Abuja on my ds-160). But selected Lagos for interview and am already scheduled for interview on 12th Jan in Lagos.
I would like to know whether i can reschedule to Abuja or I'll have to fill another ds-160 form and pay another fee.
I also want to get an expedited appointment as am supposed to be in d US by 7th Jan. Thank you

You can reschedule if it's emergency request but same location and the best option is to fill a new ds160 and pick Abuja and then email them to update your new ds160 to your appointment confirmation and you print a new appointment confirmation for your interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 12:21am On Dec 21, 2015
Martinscue:

Form A Isn't working at the moment. CBN has closed for the year and there is no way the bank would do transfer till next year January.. I've been trying to use this service for payment of my tuition but can't due to the above reasons.. House, Is there any other transfer service aside from form A

The best option now should be buying of traveller's check and use it to pay over there if I am not wrong

Although I don't know how it works but before Atm came into existence, traveller's check is what they are using..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 6:44am On Dec 21, 2015
Walspring:

I read your post but can you just be specific with the message you are passing across to me.
If your definition of fraud is applicable to this then you used fraud to get your visa as well if I am not wrong because all what you told VO you got it somewhere and part of it was used as a pretence as well..
Part of the reasons why VO shut applicant up is because they have their reasons for doing that and it can be traced to what you driving to, tiredness, in hurry, time factor, same old story or news and so on.
Maybe you don't know that VO expect applicant to say a sentence and if it's exactly what (s)he wants to hear the VO will cuts in..
Yeah @Walsring, I agreed with you to the fullest because there are some points VO want to hear when they ask their questions. This is exactly what happened during my interview, immediately u nailed it, they will cut in. But where would u get those responses if you have not read some of these transcripts? We know some VOs also thread here but they still give advise.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mikkyphaton: 6:49am On Dec 21, 2015
slimmy05:
shouldn't be more than 201 or 205
Alright thank you,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Martinscue: 7:24am On Dec 21, 2015
Walspring:

The best option now should be buying of traveller's check and use it to pay over there if I am not wrong

Although I don't know how it works but before Atm came into existence, traveller's check is what they are using..

Ok thanks bro.. Would do just that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 7:39am On Dec 21, 2015
Walspring:

I read your post but can you just be specific with the message you are passing across to me.

If your definition of fraud is applicable to this then you used fraud to get your visa as well if I am not wrong because all what you told VO you got it somewhere and part of it was used as a pretence as well..

Part of the reasons why VO shut applicant up is because they have their reasons for doing that and it can be traced to what you driving to, tiredness, in hurry, time factor, same old story or news and so on.

Maybe you don't know that VO expect applicant to say a sentence and if it's exactly what (s)he wants to hear the VO will cuts in..

I asked you four questions you jumped questions one to three and muddled up the fourth one

I cannot be more specific than what I typed there.
Since you will hopefully be coming to the USA to study start learning how to summarize a 1000 paged book into a five paged Double sided report.

In broad terms Fraud is a variety of offenses involving dishonesty or "fraudulent acts". In essence, fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary or personal gain.

In more specific terms fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain

The later definition is accepted by law.

i relocated (key word) to the US over a decade ago and during interview process those days people were honest I did not need to seek, request, lobby or read about other folks answers to interview questions i was mentally and psychologically prepared!

I have laughed my butt off at many instances when i hear how people who were "successful" say Oklahoma weather is same as Nigeria.
Too much over cramming and unpreparedness.
if you know the school and environment you going, your course contents and distinctiveness why in this world do you need the interview session of Mr A going farther South East US state of Florida to study Finance and you going to the midwest. say Mount Pleasant, Michigan to do Engineering

Nobody knows the mind of a consular officer so you cannot for sure say you know the magic words that will give you the edge to scale through.

Finally on this matter, applicants for any category of visa should know that a visa interview is perculiar and particular to that applicant.

Interview sessions are technically private sessions and noone should be forced to pass such here even if you must relay them do so with sense.

Can you even beat your chest that 100% of those things you call "transcripts" are real?
i know of people who have deceitfully come to pass fake. sessions and people were busy congratulating i lauhed my butt off and someone will go and cram that imaginary session hoping he got the antidote to getting a visa

You Are on Your Own!

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2015
wiseman2392:

Yeah @Walsring, I agreed with you to the fullest because there are some points VO want to hear when they ask their questions. This is exactly what happened during my interview, immediately u nailed it, they will cut in. But where would u get those responses if you have not read some of these transcripts? We know some VOs also thread here but they still give advise.

Should i mention @ least three handles of users here who came here dropped "transcript" like you guys call it and never made it into the USA?

Why dont you go ahead and mention a VO in a "failed interview transcript" and ask to give advice, proof read as you guys call it, scrutize, or tell you what to say next time?

maybe he/she will probably give you winning tips grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 8:35am On Dec 21, 2015
V.O. does not want to hear a "standard answer" that they know you have learned from a web sit along with hundreds of other people.
They want to hear the truth of your situation. That is the way to a visa.
They are well trained to pick up lies and statements that you have just learned. Then they reject you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Oluwabengz(m): 8:45am On Dec 21, 2015
Jchi9876:

I asked you four questions you jumped questions one to three and muddled up the fourth one

Since you will hopefully be coming to the USA to study start learning how to summarize a 1000 paged book into a five paged Double sided report.

In broad terms Fraud is a variety of offenses involving dishonesty or "fraudulent acts". In essence, fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary or personal gain.

In more specific terms fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain

i relocated to the US over a decade ago and during interview process those days people were honest I did not need to seek, request, lobby or read about other folks answers to interview questions i was mentally and psychologically prepared!

I have laughed my butt off at many instances when i hear how people who were "successful" say Oklahoma weather is same as Nigeria.
if you know the school and environment you going and. your course contents and distinctiveness why in this world do you need the session of Mr A going farther South East US state of Florida to study Finance and you going to the midwest. say Mount Pleasant, Michigan to do Engineering

Nobody knows the mind of a consular officer so you cannot for sure say you know the magic words that will give you the edge to scale through.

Finally on this matter, applicants for any category of visa should know that a visa interview is perculiar and particular to that applicant.

Interview sessions are technically private sessions and noone should be forced to pass such here even if you must relay them do so with sense.

Can you even beat your chest that 100% of those things you call "transcripts" are real?
i know of people who have deceitfully come to pass fake. sessions and people were busy congratulating i lauhed my butt off and someone will go and cram that imaginary session hoping he got the antidote to getting a visa

You Are on Your Own!

I don't think anybody that has posted his/her transcript here had a gun to his/her head when doing so.

Moreover, it has always been said here that people should only use people's transcript posted here as basis for preparation for their Visa interview, not crame answers other people gave in their transcript.

I know even you would Google search "job interview question and answers" just to prepare for a job interview. Now tell me, would preparing for an interview in the above stated manner be term as "fruad"? I think u ur answer is same as mine here...

So my guy, abeg cool down.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Alabsreal: 9:02am On Dec 21, 2015
Am the happiest person on earth right now, visa approved

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by JoyPaulLaw(m): 9:21am On Dec 21, 2015
Walspring:

Your best shot it to apply for emergency appointment only if you haven't been denied visa in the last 6 months

I have never been denied Visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by JoyPaulLaw(m): 9:26am On Dec 21, 2015
Golden94:
PLS READ THIS!!!
I don't know y everyone keep saying there is no December date for interview. I still booked an appointment for tomorrow 21 December for my friend and last time I checked the next available appointment is 29 December. so pls check well. the embassy wouldn't issue ur visa if ure not resuming on the date on ur i-20 and schools won't give more than 5 or;7 days for extension. And I will also like everyone to know I got my f1 visa at the fourth attempt plus all my interviews were this year so pls don't let anyone discourage you. I hope this helps

I have been battling with this since wednesday. Its been hard esp abuja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 9:27am On Dec 21, 2015
mr jchi,..no provoke me o..,pls i dnt like ur gut...dnt discourage people from sharing dia transcripts..dnt kill d tradition of sharing ere biko..u na matured man na shwuu undecided....
nobody is obligated to share transcripts i agree but remember the ten lepers healed in d bible n only two of dem came back to say thk u..n de wer made whole.(hv u eva asked wat hapened to d rest 8?)...hmm visa is jus an entry documents o..
pls share ur transcript n dnt let karma rape u sad

dis jchi..i dont kn wat point u r trying to prove by al dis.weda na atention ..i nor kn..u need to c indian forums and hw de help eachoda. cool

see him face angry grin.....gerarahereman grin

in other news..dos coming pls dont put money in ur debit card cos fr nxt year u wont b able to use it..jus keep d money n hv som1 send it to u via western union afta u must hv opened a us acc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 9:28am On Dec 21, 2015
JoyPaulLaw:

I have never been denied Visa

That's good..

Just make use of this option
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by JoyPaulLaw(m): 9:31am On Dec 21, 2015
Walspring:

That's good..
Just make use of this option
I have done that but the issue is there's no emergency date in abuja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 21, 2015
worry359:
V.O. does not want to hear a "standard answer" that they know you have learned from a web sit along with hundreds of other people.
They want to hear the truth of your situation. That is the way to a visa.
They are well trained to pick up lies and statements that you have just learned. Then they reject you.
Yes, these guys are well-trained; yet they make mistakes sometimes. They're human. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 21, 2015
Alabsreal:
Am the happiest person on earth right now, visa approved
Congrats man. Enjoy your day to the fullest and drop your transcript if you wanna do so.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:14am On Dec 21, 2015
JoyPaulLaw:

I have done that but the issue is there's no emergency date in abuja.

Is that what Abuja embassy told you via email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awesule: 10:43am On Dec 21, 2015
DeeTus:
First, your timing is wrong and may make the CO frown but if the VO finds that you're qualified for the visa, he or she'll ask you to come back another day for a second interview, of course, to be interviewed by another VO and you need to hold your breath!

Just pray for luck anyway, because what you're about to do now is called "gamble"! grin

It's like somebody holding up a coin and saying to you, as he flips it, head you win, tail you lose. How much would you bet on that? grin

Wishing you the best of luck. Go get your visa.

Good morning house, my brother has just been admitted into CALUMS for Jan Admission, he is expected to leave next week, so That he can settle in perfectly and get set for resumption, but he needs affordable accommodation near campus, Orange county to be precise, please if anyone is willing. To assist, kindly message. +2347060586294 thanks

CALUMS, is california university of management and sciences in CALIFORNIA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awesule: 10:44am On Dec 21, 2015
justwise:
USA student visa thread part 8 is here as we have come to the end of part 7.

Part 7 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/2310954/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part

A big thank you to all the contributors, really appreciate your contributions especially the veterans they have been here for years helping others.

Thank you.

Good morning house, my brother has just been admitted into CALUMS for Jan Admission, he is expected to leave next week, so That he can settle in perfectly and get set for resumption, but he needs affordable accommodation near campus, Orange county to be precise, please if anyone is willing. To assist, thanks

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 11:03am On Dec 21, 2015
Oluwabengz:

I don't think anybody that has posted his/her transcript here had a gun to his/her head when doing so.

Moreover, it has always been said here that people should only use people's transcript posted here as basis for preparation for their Visa interview, not crame answers other people gave in their transcript.

I know even you would Google search "job interview question and answers" just to prepare for a job interview. Now tell me, would preparing for an interview in the above stated manner be term as "fruad"? I think u ur answer is same as mine here...

So my guy, abeg cool down.

Good argument!! now am driving somewhere.

ok when you say "basis" which means the underlying foundation of an idea or process

so why do you need Mr A's perculiar story as your own foundation, whay happened to the DO IT YOURSELF we need to start getting rid of this copy copy syndrome its a disease that is. currently destroying our motherland(hmmm yea cheesy)

We go copy till we copy person name join cheesy

Everyone cannot be like you. Guy job interview questions and answer is way broader and wider than visa interview only a foolish person will go about cramming such.

in the "world" am in job interviews have gone more sophisticated, ingenious, practical, experience based and demonstrative that only an inexperienced first time job seeker would go searching on the internet for questions and answers.

The internet is a good place to seek information seek the right one! if at this stage in your life you are still researching job interview questions and answers

in Madam Pepe's voice

[size=13pt]Chai!!!!! Kontunu[/size]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by glossybayor(m): 11:04am On Dec 21, 2015
awesule:

Good morning house, my brother has just been admitted into CALUMS for Jan Admission, he is expected to leave next week, so That he can settle in perfectly and get set for resumption, but he needs affordable accommodation near campus, Orange county to be precise, please if anyone is willing. To assist, kindly message. +2347060586294 thanks

your bro needs nothing less than 400$ to 500$ to settle-in. And tell him if he's ready to stay with a Mexican because white Americans don't share apartment with blacks naija.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2015
awesule:

Hehe, do you really have to dig out my post before making a general request? grin

Ask him to search through the Internet and that he'll get what he's looking for but ultimately, he has to be very careful. Some dudes are crackheads, rapists etc. You wouldn't want to sleep with one eye open, do you? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 21, 2015
Jchi9876:

i relocated (key word) to the US over a decade ago and during interview process those days people were honest I did not need to seek, request, lobby or read about other folks answers to interview questions i was mentally and psychologically prepared!

if you know the school and environment you going, your course contents and distinctiveness why in this world do you need the interview session of Mr A going farther South East US state of Florida to study Finance and you going to the midwest. say Mount Pleasant, Michigan to do Engineering

You Are on Your Own!

That's not true, I know the mind of a consular officer. wink

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 11:38am On Dec 21, 2015
LagosNIV:

That's not true, I know the mind of a consular officer. wink

grin grin grin grin grin i got the message!!!!!!
You the only that knows what goes on in that million $$$$$ worth mind of yours
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Oluwabengz(m): 11:49am On Dec 21, 2015
Jchi9876:

ok when you say "basis" which means the underlying foundation of an idea or process

so why do you need Mr A's perculiar story as your own foundation, whay happened to the DO IT YOURSELF we need to start getting rid of this copy copy syndrome its a disease that is. currently destroying our motherland(hmmm yea cheesy)

Everyone cannot be like you. Guy job interview questions and answer is way broader and wider than visa interview only a foolish person will go about cramming such.

in the "world" am in job interviews have gone more sophisticated, ingenious, practical, experience based and demonstrative that only an inexperienced first time job seeker would go searching on the internet for questions and answers.

The internet is a good place to seek information seek the right one! if at this stage in your life you are still researching job interview questions and answers

in Madam Pepe's voice

There u go again, talking about "craming". Nobody has ever encourage anyone here to crame other people's answers they give during a Visa interview. Is that even possible? Everybody's profile is diff and peculiar, hence, craming someone else's answer and given same in a Visa interview is gonna amount to total failure cos everybody doesn't have same profile.

Like I said, transcript posted here are just a basis for Visa interview preparations and nobody is gonna put a gun to your head while asking u to paste your transcript here.

Bros, abeg cool down once again...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Oluwabengz(m): 11:57am On Dec 21, 2015
Jchi9876:

in Madam Pepe's voice

Don't forget that even writing project/thesis in school, and someone has done something similar to what u are writing about, u are allowed to write some and not all they have writing about(reference). Those things they had discovers and writing about in their one work is allowed and can be use as a basis for your own work/research/thesis.

So, I still dey beg u to COOL down

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 12:08pm On Dec 21, 2015
Oluwabengz:

There u go again, talking about "craming". Nobody has ever encourage anyone here to crame other people's answers they give during a Visa interview. Is that even possible? Everybody's profile is diff and peculiar, hence, craming someone else's answer and given same in a Visa interview is gonna amount to total failure cos everybody doesn't have same profile.

Like I said, transcript posted here are just a basis for Visa interview preparations and nobody is gonna put a gun to your head while asking u to paste your transcript here.

Bros, abeg cool down once again...

the weather is cold already i need my fire place more fired up grin

Do people have to naturally tell you to cram it is the crammer and copier that goes all out in a desperate unprepared state to naturally cram.

Get the argument, point and message which is interview sessions. of applicants successfull or unsuccessful should be discouraged from being posted, used as basis/foundation(like you said) for preparation or whatever.

If you are a genuine applicant when you are denied deep on your mind ( if you are genuine with yourself) you know why you were denied and even most times told same by the consular officer.

But counterfeit applicants in an easy way to get it quick again come here asking for scrutiny and prepping up so as to "know what to say" not necessary the right intentions to be "successful" the next time.

Ask those you guys call gurus( i know they will be sincere) most of them got "approved" after at least a denial how more serious they were in areas of upgrading their present situation( finances, job relativity to course of study etc) , more detailed course researches and school not one will tell you the basis was or their strength was in the "success story of a interview session"

Like warriboy said i am the typical "cover book for exam kind of guy" and you know why its a confidence booster and shows seriousness.

i would rather do it myself and if you are so so so good. rthat you ever have "access" to copying my success tips good for you.

But i will NEVER ever encourage a family member or friend to go solely searching for visa interview questions and answers.

Phewwww how does it even sound to you guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2015
I got my 5-year visa approved this morning for a PhD programme. I like to thank the house and slimmy05 for helping out with my sevis fee. I will drop my transcript soon.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
Oluwabengz:

Don't forget that even writing project/thesis in school, and someone has done something similar to what u are writing about, u are allowed to write some and not all they have writing about(reference). Those things they had discovers and writing about in their one work is allowed and can be use as a basis for your own work/research/thesis.

So, I still dey beg u to COOL down

There you go again!! But beautifull. . .

still go back to my earlier posts, an academic report or writing is not synonymous with a visa nterview session

The purpose of academic reports/journals and supportive/combined improved reasearches are to make the WORLD (note emphasis) a better place to live in so it ia allowed to copy, reference previous writings we all have the same goal to MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER AND SAFER PLACE TO LIVE IN

your professor will even be very happy with you that you are pulling up past questions or reports and discussing for the good of everyone he will give you answers right away

Now to the main matter i asked four questions earlier cand will add one to it

Can you print "transcripts"( why they call it that i still donot know) and take with you to embassy?

if you confidently pull "transcripts" from here print it on a paper and have "mistakenly" amidst your visa paperwork and a consular office sees it what would you think his or her reaction will be?

are you aware that preping yourself albeit in a deceitful manner as such as soliciting, cramming, relying on other " successful" visa applicants interview sessions to get a visa is morally wrong and creates a bad impression?

why do you think VOs shut applicants up when they start. to download all they have crammed with an intent to give an impression they are genuine?

Can you ask a VO to scrutinize, proof read like you guys call it, prep you up for your next interview session??

Answer these questions honestly and sincerely and this matter can rest

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.