Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (790038 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nairapolice: 9:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
Holudarey01:
anybody in Missouri state university?
i have a friend there who isnt on nairaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
wiseman2392:

Thank you @Walspring but the question is would the school accept NECO result as their official transcript for secondary school student going for BSc ?

Let's give the thanks to God..

Yes they do accept it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by notasowie: 9:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
I was denial on the 10th and I booked another appointment on the 30th ,my school resume on the 4th , I have ask them for an extention which they did to on the 8th via email addressed to the embassy , i know i m getting my visa dis time by the favour of God my question is after getting my visa is it possible for me to differ my admission till march ?secondly apart from us new and world report , education America , which I heard vo are tired of hearing it is there another way of telling the vo u knew abt the school:?I need respond plss gurus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mikkyphaton: 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2015
Did my interview on Thursday, plan collecting my passport on Tuesday, that's tomorrow. Hope it's not too early? and it would be ready by then
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 9:53pm On Dec 21, 2015
You will get your VISA this time by God's grace.
notasowie:
I was denial on the 10th and I booked another appointment on the 30th ,my school resume on the 4th , I have ask them for an extention which they did to on the 8th via email addressed to the embassy , i know i m getting my visa dis time by the favour of God my question is after getting my visa is it possible for me to differ my admission till march ?secondly apart from us new and world report , education America , which I heard vo are tired of hearing it is there another way of telling the vo u knew abt the school:?I need respond plss gurus

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mikkyphaton: 9:53pm On Dec 21, 2015
Compliments of the season to everyone here, even as we approach the Christmas celebration. Warriboy21, I sight you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by busola78: 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2015
Evening everyone.

Am here again.

Pls I need convincing reasons for change of school,have been denied before.i dont have scholarship,neither TA or GA.Will appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jah101: 10:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
wiseman2392:

No problem at all, it is good u arrive and be prepared before resumption date.

Thank you bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jah101: 10:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
Walspring:

Nope it's not big boss

Thank you Bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
Mikkyphaton:
Did my interview on Thursday, plan collecting my passport on Tuesday, that's tomorrow. Hope it's not too early? and it would be ready by then

When you passport is ready with your visa on it, the embassy will email you.

Just expect their email first before going to collection centre to pick up your passport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 10:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
jah101:

Thank you Bro.

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 21, 2015
amanze15:
the one at springfield?

yh. wanna ask some questions about the sch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
He guys,please what's the best way to pay the application fee? Secondly how can one get a graduate representative who can act as a mentor in the University one wants to apply to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 11:54pm On Dec 21, 2015
Holudarey01:

yh.
wanna ask some questions about the sch
fire down!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by coobboy(m): 12:36am On Dec 22, 2015
IIZER29:
Anyone heading to dallas this spring ? Lets be friends smiley
Im in dallas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 3:06am On Dec 22, 2015
profojah:

All thanks to God for journey mercy..

How much is the naira with you?. Is it up to 50-100k?. You can send it through DHL/FedeX to me as I need money badly right now, Make sure the money is sealed inside the courier pack in your presence before you leave their office.. Abeg no send am through USPS o grin grin
I send some naira i have with me AND Ipod through USPS since Oct, till now e never reach naija. Have been calling to complain, they said e dey with custom for Chicago and mostly likely e don lost. Anyway how are you doing bro?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 3:33am On Dec 22, 2015
Emmasmith2016:
@Emmasmith2016 you need to introduce me to that Woli Agba who gave u dat turari isegun or that Awo Sekele. lol your transcript is really a testimony. Congratulations bro. Welcome to America.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 4:24am On Dec 22, 2015
warriboy21:

Try first bank
Na even First bank stop am 1st self
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 4:31am On Dec 22, 2015
slimmy05:
Angel Na so life be?
Leave her, Only her dey chop life for odessa..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 4:42am On Dec 22, 2015
BloodyMitch:
I just used my gtb card and was charged 269 a dollar wtf is that
269 per dollar? God.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 5:06am On Dec 22, 2015
IIZER29:

How much could one send with western union ? Isn't there a limit ?
$961 is the maximum
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 5:07am On Dec 22, 2015
slimmy05:
there is no limit
There is bro.... $961. Thats the maximum you can send and it once in 3month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 5:18am On Dec 22, 2015
slimmy05:
shouldn't be more than 201 or 205
It 220
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by foohard: 5:48am On Dec 22, 2015
I did not get your PM boss.

fregkay:
Boss,I hail o...pls,did you get my PM I need your help pls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 7:19am On Dec 22, 2015
Mikkyphaton:
Compliments of the season to everyone here, even as we approach the Christmas celebration. Warriboy21, I sight you

my oga i throway salute o smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 22, 2015
kennyrony:

I send some naira i have with me AND Ipod through USPS since Oct, till now e never reach naija. Have been calling to complain, they said e dey with custom for Chicago and mostly likely e don lost. Anyway how are you doing bro?
That one don enter voice mail. grin. I dey bro. Merry Xmas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mikkyphaton: 7:57am On Dec 22, 2015
Walspring:

When you passport is ready with your visa on it, the embassy will email you.

Just expect their email first before going to collection centre to pick up your passport
oh really, thank you very much sir. Really appreciate your inputs in this forum. Do you know during my interview that ds-160 issue wasn't asked at all. So there was no need telling her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wiseman2392(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2015
Good day to all, I'm using this medium to say merry christmas and happy new year in advance to everybody here on this forum.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 22, 2015
busola78:
Evening everyone.
Am here again.
Pls I need convincing reasons for change of school,have been denied before.i dont have scholarship,neither TA or GA.Will appreciate your inputs.
Thanks.
What's your actual reason for changing? Let's start from there.

By the way, this Jchi's argument & illustrations don't make sense— from printing transcripts, to using transcripts to prepare oneself being morally wrong. I can't help but struggle to reconcile his standpoint with his purported age and exposure. Anyway, age they say, is only but a number.

That an applicant was asked a combination of questions doesn't mean you'll be asked the same, and everyone knows this. However, there are general/basic questions in which one should have answers (unique cookie-cutter answers if you may) to and that's why reading transcripts is encouraged. These questions may include: purpose of travel, why you think travelling to the U.S. —and not some other country—would help achieve that purpose, how prepared you're financially to achieve that purpose, and a strong assurance you'll be headed back to your home country once you've accomplished that purpose.

Now, I haven't left for the U.S.A, but I have an idea of what to expect and I'm working towards getting myself ready for that moment— Thanks to this thread! If I'm denied, I can tell where I went wrong, or have people review my situation. That's the essence of posting interviews here. Compare going to an interview without model questions to help prepare you and otherwise, in which of the situations would one be most confident? To even the average folk, his argument is devoid of common sense & goes against the basic tenets of the same morality he preaches.

No one is under any compulsion to post interviews. However, if you have benefited from this thread & interviews of others, it's only 'moral' that you do. The many altruistic folks who take out time of their busy schedules to prepare prospective applicants don't ask for a dime, all they ask is that you post your interviews so others can learn from your experience(s) just like you've learnt from others. Moreover, it's an avenue to appreciate people whom you think were a part of your success story. It's a tradition, & no philistine should be allowed to make mockery of it.

Infact justwise should just ban that guy already.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Denvan: 8:33am On Dec 22, 2015
Hi everyone and compliment of the season. Thank God the semester is over so I can add a bit of information/experience here. B4 I came here, I used to be angry when I read that u will be question at the poe if u arrive latter than the date school resumes, even if its a day or a week; that one could be deprived of visa because of this also. By my experience in Nigeria, lectures dnt start sometimes 2-3weeks into a semester. Sometimes we call friends frm home to confirm things b4 we resume. To my dismay, it is not so here. B4 d semester commences, there is already a schedule of classes, who and who is to take any course, course registration etc. Infact I hv the calender of schedules for my school up to 2018. First week of lectures and u already have loads of assignment; 3-4 weeks into a semester, u hv midterm exams. Infact, ur final exam may just b 30-40% of your total score for the semester. There is no time to catch up or u knw, wait till end of semester, jack ursef like mad and still pass and rack-up good grades. So if u dnt start the semester frm the first day, u may be in for a shocker.

For me, it was double if not multiple stress, cause I virtually knw NOBODY wen I arrived. I had to get accomodation, furnish it and settle in b4 the semester commences. So if u are coming in the spring, or whenever, come in time, settle quickly and begin with others. Dnt stretch the yuletide to 15th, 20th etc of January and start rushing things. (NOTE: Am not saying u shld come 5months b4 school resumes or flaunt the 30days rule or whatever).

To all genuine visa hopefuls, favour will smile at you and you will get ur visa.

Merry Christmas.

16 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 22, 2015
stolid:

What's your actual reason for changing? Let's start from there.

By the way, this Jchi's argument & illustrations don't make sense— from printing transcripts, to using transcripts to prepare oneself being morally wrong. I can't help but struggle to reconcile his standpoint with his purported age and exposure. Anyway, age they say, is only but a number.

That an applicant was asked a combination of questions doesn't mean you'll be asked the same, and everyone knows this. However, there are general/basic questions in which one should have answers (unique ready answers if you may) to and that's why reading transcripts is encouraged. These questions may include: purpose of travel, why you think travelling to the U.S. —and not some other country—would help achieve that purpose, how prepared you're financially to achieve that purpose, and a strong assurance you'll be headed back to your home country once you've accomplished that purpose.

Now, I haven't left for the U.S.A, but I have an idea of what to expect and I'm working towards getting myself ready for that moment— Thanks to this thread! If I'm denied, I can tell where I went wrong, or have people review my situation. That's the essence of posting interviews here. Compare going to an interview without model questions to help prepare you and otherwise, in which of the situations would one be most confident? To even the average folk, his argument is devoid of common sense & goes against the basic tenets of the same morality he preaches.

No one is under any compulsion to post interviews. However, if you have benefited from this thread & interviews of others, it's only 'moral' that you do. The many altruistic folks who take out time of their busy schedules to prepare prospective applicants don't ask for a dime, all they ask is that you post your interviews so others can learn from your experience(s) just like you've learnt from others. Moreover, it's an avenue to appreciate people whom you think were a part of your success story. It's a tradition, & no philistine should be allowed to make mockery of it.

Infact justwise should just ban that guy already.
We all (old members) are used to his deranged ideas. He thinks he's capable of running down the thread. Aside visa interview, a lot of us were one time job hunting and its quite helpful to seek for possible or likely interview questions from folks with experience.

I came here blank with no idea of how US student visa works- the case is not the same today. I'm very sure the knowledge you've gathered so far would be helpful not just for visa but at least how to survive and network in US.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mikkyphaton: 11:43am On Dec 22, 2015
slimmy05:
We all (old members) are used to his deranged ideas. He thinks he's capable of running down the thread. Aside visa interview, a lot of were one time job hunting and its quite helpful to seek for possible or likely interview questions from folks with experience.

I came here blank with no idea of how US student visa works- the case is not the same today. I'm very sure the knowledge you've gathered so far would be helpful not just for visa but at least how to survive and network in US.
same here ooo boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.