Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,440 members, 7,836,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (787137 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
dicapino:

bro how far did yu apply to A&M Kingsville. Applied but am getting little or no info...from them. #letstalk
Bro am sorry for the late reply, I could hardly get internet where I am now. I didn't apply there o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 1:17pm On Jan 13, 2016
profojah2:

Replied

My Oga i site una...Tualee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2016
Mekurexx:
Are you applying to Cal state LA?
nah bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by koczee: 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
Hello guys! Please anyone that konws good cheap university that offer Master degree in Public health in Texas should let me know.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
happney65:

My Oga i site una...Tualee
Oga mi.. Shey ko wa le?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 13, 2016
Hello house,
I've tried to read your posts on this thread, so far (after reading about 50 pages), I've only seen success stories and people gisting padi padi things. I hope someone reads this and gives me an answer without taking it P. I'll ask direct questions. I'm seriously considering traveling again... This time to Yankee. I'm actually doing this cos my mother's cousin is willing to sponsor me. She's very rich... offered to help my mum but my mum told her to help me instead (I hope u get the meaning... my mum thinks I'm a better and lifelong investment). I'd like to study Human Resource Management. I have a 2.1 Philosophy degree + ielts score of 8.0. I already secured admission in about 3 UK universities last year with these but no money to sort it, shey Yankee admission is possible for those switching disciplines?.
Now my questions:
1. The schools I've seen are asking for depressing amounts for Tuition. Omo, 8m naira to get a 1 year Master's degree! If I tell d woman make she gimme that money to do business for here, she no go gree Lai Lai. Are there any relatively cheap unis you can recommend?
2. At what point are the fees paid (tuition, etc.)? Before visa or after? I'm asking cos I don't want to lose money in the event of a denial like what happened to me last year plus the woman fit dey do one kind.
3. Can an account statement from the woman be good enough to show that I can support myself? I have just a Lil over 1m in my personal account. I don't share the same last name with this woman so I'm wondering if there's going to be issues. Before u start criticizing, she's my mum's cousin.
4. I'm not desperate about traveling. Abeg wetin dey d Yankee wey people Wan die on top? I was denied a residence permit to enter Finland last year, I didn't bother myself about traveling since then. The way people are so desperate about getting a visa, some even fast and pray... etc. Is there something abroad I need to know? Abeg make una ginger me.
5. Will the above denial count against me in getting a Yankee visa?
Finally, put yourself in my shoes. My first choice would have been to collect the money and set up a biz here in naija... but the woman no go gimme pass 500k, if I choose that option. Na opportunity she dey gimme. Make I no lose am and regret it in future. But 8m naira to get a degree abroad is just crazy. Una dey try o. Walahi!!! Una dey try!!!

Thanks in advance. Hope I didn't bore you with the long post?
Once again, it's an opportunity I don't want to regret missing so please feel free to advise me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 2:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
profojah2:

Oga mi.. Shey ko wa le?

Yes bosss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 4:40pm On Jan 13, 2016
MrMann1:

Ok. Thank you. Pls what is the rate of using your visa or MasterCard over there
Yesterday was 269 gtb but I was charge 420 naira for using their atm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by OjaP: 4:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
ProfTPE:

This is actually a good time to study oil and gas related courses. A lot could/will change in the next 18-24 months, and I think it's good someone is done with school when the industry picks up. Oil price volatility didn't start today, I think the IOCs and NOCs got too comfortable with oil above a 100 USD. It's understandable departmental funding will be reduced, but the truth here is this; research is a continuum. Oil at 35 today doesn't meant research will stop. I read the post that recommended switching to another discipline...That's not easy when you've put in five years for UG. We may not see oil at 100 for the foreseeable future; but it'll definitely rise above the current situation.

Okay. Good luck !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by haffikem(m): 5:34pm On Jan 13, 2016
dicapino:

how far my guy.

dicapino whats up. please shoot me an email lets relate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
OjaP:

-Ojap.

Are you guys back in US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by OjaP: 6:09pm On Jan 13, 2016
imperiouxx:

Are you guys back in US?

Yes boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 6:19pm On Jan 13, 2016
sureb0y:
Hello house,
I've tried to read your posts on this thread, so far (after reading about 50 pages), I've only seen success stories and people gisting padi padi things. I hope someone reads this and gives me an answer without taking it P. I'll ask direct questions. I'm seriously considering traveling again... This time to Yankee. I'm actually doing this cos my mother's cousin is willing to sponsor me. She's very rich... offered to help my mum but my mum told her to help me instead (I hope u get the meaning... my mum thinks I'm a better and lifelong investment). I'd like to study Human Resource Management. I have a 2.1 Philosophy degree + ielts score of 8.0. I already secured admission in about 3 UK universities last year with these but no money to sort it, shey Yankee admission is possible for those switching disciplines?.
Now my questions:
1. The schools I've seen are asking for depressing amounts for Tuition. Omo, 8m naira to get a 1 year Master's degree! If I tell d woman make she gimme that money to do business for here, she no go gree Lai Lai. Are there any relatively cheap unis you can recommend?
2. At what point are the fees paid (tuition, etc.)? Before visa or after? I'm asking cos I don't want to lose money in the event of a denial like what happened to me last year plus the woman fit dey do one kind.
3. Can an account statement from the woman be good enough to show that I can support myself? I have just a Lil over 1m in my personal account. I don't share the same last name with this woman so I'm wondering if there's going to be issues. Before u start criticizing, she's my mum's cousin.
4. I'm not desperate about traveling. Abeg wetin dey d Yankee wey people Wan die on top? I was denied a residence permit to enter Finland last year, I didn't bother myself about traveling since then. The way people are so desperate about getting a visa, some even fast and pray... etc. Is there something abroad I need to know? Abeg make una ginger me.
5. Will the above denial count against me in getting a Yankee visa?
Finally, put yourself in my shoes. My first choice would have been to collect the money and set up a biz here in naija... but the woman no go gimme pass 500k, if I choose that option. Na opportunity she dey gimme. Make I no lose am and regret it in future. But 8m naira to get a degree abroad is just crazy. Una dey try o. Walahi!!! Una dey try!!!

Thanks in advance. Hope I didn't bore you with the long post?
Once again, it's an opportunity I don't want to regret missing so please feel free to advise me.

Why not look into other courses-Engineering,IT,health care? What are your plans long term?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tobidancer: 6:49pm On Jan 13, 2016
Pls I need to send $1500 to someone in the US. I am currently in Nigeria....pls how can I do that ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 6:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
dannybrown19:

Yesterday was 269 gtb but I was charge 420 naira for using their atm
Oh k. Thanks... Why is the naira fcukd up at this time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 13, 2016
biikeys:

Why not look into other courses-Engineering,IT,health care? What are your plans long term?

Engineering, IT, Healthcare? My first degree isn't related to any of these and I don't think switching from humanities to any of them is possible. Is it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 8:11pm On Jan 13, 2016
warriboy21:

be fast about locating ur gate o because u fit lost for d airport grin

una wait o.... e get d way my body de scratch me at tiimes for ere o for dis kpangolo yankee o embarassed.it usually occurs at some regular intervals..it started wen i first came but i ignored it but now d mata don serious o shocked..i stil de find wetin de cause am i no c. sometimes itches at my back, at my feet. n presently on my laps..and i kn soon it will be on my....( )

is it normal?@ dos older diasporans..

Happens to lot of people; just get a moisturizer.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 8:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
sureb0y:

Engineering, IT, Healthcare? My first degree isn't related to any of these and I don't think switching from humanities to any of them is possible. Is it?

I would personally advice that you do something under STEM. Not sure about the specifics, but I know people switch majors...you'll need to do your own research.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by profkehinde: 11:55pm On Jan 13, 2016
Hello intending students of the US,
I greet you and I have been studying this forum for quite a while, and couldn't figure out I could really ask a question until just recently where I discovered I could sign up and ask questions.
Yes, I am a professor of Internal Medicine from one of the Nigerian Teaching Hospital and I will like to ask u this question.
My wife who is a teacher recently ( in December 27th, 2015 ) travelled to the US with my last child who is just 5 years old to celebrate the christmas with a friend of hers in the US.
I actually bought their flight ticket ( delta airlines ) where her return back to Nigeria is supposed to be Jan 25th.
Besides, she suddenly decided to stay longer during this visit, probably she planned to take longer rest. Her intention has been that she will spend around 5 months before coming back to Nigeria, she was given 6 months at the POE.
Based on the above, I phoned the airline about changing her return data to May 2016, but the airlines refused, they said her ticket type does not support such lengthy extension.
Since my wife has decided to stay till May, and she might have to forfeit her return flight, meaning I will have to pay for their ONE WAY ticket back home in May, 2016.
However, I intended visiting her in a week time, right in the US where I plan to spend just 4 weeks.
My question:
Won't I have issues at the POE if asked why my wife and child still remain in the US and why she decided to forfeit her return flight. I hope you understand my question sir. Remember her i-94 indicated she has to return back to Nigeria around June, 2016. Won't I have problems at the POE as why she suddenly choosed to forfeit her return flight ?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by OjaP: 12:27am On Jan 14, 2016
profkehinde:
Hello intending students of the US,
I greet you and I have been studying this forum for quite a while, and couldn't figure out I could really ask a question until just recently where I discovered I could sign up and ask questions.
Yes, I am a professor of Internal Medicine from one of the Nigerian Teaching Hospital and I will like to ask u this question.
My wife who is a teacher recently ( in December 27th, 2015 ) travelled to the US with my last child who is just 5 years old to celebrate the christmas with a friend of hers in the US.
I actually bought their flight ticket ( delta airlines ) where her return back to Nigeria is supposed to be Jan 25th.
Besides, she suddenly decided to stay longer during this visit, probably she planned to take longer rest. Her intention has been that she will spend around 5 months before coming back to Nigeria, she was given 6 months at the POE.
Based on the above, I phoned the airline about changing her return data to May 2016, but the airlines refused, they said her ticket type does not support such lengthy extension.
Since my wife has decided to stay till May, and she might have to forfeit her return flight, meaning I will have to pay for their ONE WAY ticket back home in May, 2016.
However, I intended visiting her in a week time, right in the US where I plan to spend just 4 weeks.
My question:
Won't I have issues at the POE if asked why my wife and child still remain in the US and why she decided to forfeit her return flight. I hope you understand my question sir. Remember her i-94 indicated she has to return back to Nigeria around June, 2016. Won't I have problems at the POE as why she suddenly choosed to forfeit her return flight ?
Thanks

They haven't overstayed so I doubt if you would have any issues at the POE. If asked about your family, you can say you guys were suppose to come to the USA together but couldn't because of your tight work schedule. This means you will be joining them and hope to return to Nigeria together. In all, be honest with the POE officers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 1:15am On Jan 14, 2016
MrMann1:

Oh k. Thanks... Why is the naira fcukd up at this time.
Don't knw o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 1:49am On Jan 14, 2016
Hey peeps, Boston University sent me a mail yesterday from their admissions office despite the fact that I did not apply there. Please basically does anyone know of any school that offers funding fro either Ph.d or M.sc in the US in the communications dept? I don find e tire me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 6:24am On Jan 14, 2016
sureb0y:

No problem with switching if you are convincing with your reason(s) for doing so. America can make you do quite a few things we consider strange. However, please, don't be pressured into rerouting the course of your life.

If you are someone like me - a Nigerian spirit in an American bottle - with 'scores to settle' in Nigeria, smiley go for whatever you want. You won't be stranded for long whenever you get back home.

However, if your plan is to stay back, don't "go for whatever you want"! If you do, you will be in for a long(er) walk to fulfilment. #OYO

Just ask yourself what you want, then shoot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 7:09am On Jan 14, 2016
Sorbitalll:

So you're coming this spring

Yeah by God's Grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sammynwaGod(m): 7:36am On Jan 14, 2016
It's been a while people cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 14, 2016
godG:

No problem with switching if you are convincing with your reason(s) for doing so. America can make you do quite a few things we consider strange. However, please, don't be pressured into rerouting the course of your life.

If you are someone like me - a Nigerian spirit in an American bottle - with 'scores to settle' in Nigeria, smiley go for whatever you want. You won't be stranded for long whenever you get back home.

However, if your plan is to stay back, don't "go for whatever you want"! If you do, you will be in for a long(er) walk to fulfilment. #OYO

Just ask yourself what you want, then shoot.

Great advice bro... I really appreciate this. I'll contact some admissions counselors and talk to them about my switch to see the best options. Thanks once again for the advice. IT, healthcare, engineering sector. I'll look into it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
paulbets:

Bro am sorry for the late reply, I could hardly get internet where I am now. I didn't apply there o.

Any update on your applications yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by asadiaboymma: 1:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hello everyone!

Please those that travelled recently I have a question.

Please is it still required to carry some amount of dollars from Nigeria to US?

I ask because my friend is confused since GTB told him that he could use his ATM card there to do normal transactions.

Besides banks no longer sell dollars.
He also wants to know if it won't be an issue at the airport
Please suggest what he can do.

Please we need help on this regards urgently

TIA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
meritdee:

Yeah by God's Grace.
The semester has almost begun na. Which state and school BTW
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
asadiaboymma:
Hello everyone!

Please those that travelled recently I have a question.

Please is it still required to carry some amount of dollars from Nigeria to US?

I ask because my friend is confused since GTB told him that he could use his ATM card there to do normal transactions.

Besides banks no longer sell dollars.
He also wants to know if it won't be an issue at the airport
Please suggest what he can do.

Please we need help on this regards urgently

TIA.

If you are referring to money for upkeep for some weeks before you settle down, I think the maximum you can have on you is $10,000 (not sure).

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.