Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,174 members, 7,835,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (786924 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
paulbets:

Amen o

Yes!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

There are over 20 higher institutions in NC. The guy should be able to see 5 or 6 that are okay for him. I'm sure he has a strong reason for choosing NC.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colleges_and_universities_in_North_Carolina

You are not even the initial poster, why wasting time on you? He's even lecturing me. undecided Get him all your best 5 to 6 out of the "over 20 higher institutions in NC" since you're a search engine. Moreover, who concentrates search on only one location when searching for schools in US? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2016
MsNas:

Why were you separated?

1) The Jet bridge failed to work for over 12 minutes we got to Lagos.

2) The lining for NIS checking.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
@Vivi, how was ur IELTS? My email is on my profile now and you can write to me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hello fam,

I booked Emirates airline through wakanow. Hope I'm safe.

Forgot to ask before booking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
meritdee:
Hello fam,
Absolutely safe. Wakanow is getting much more popular outside Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
DeeTus:
Absolutely safe. Wakanow is getting much more popular outside Nigeria.

Cool, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
meritdee:
Hello fam,

Yes but it's safer to book directly from d Emirates site
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 12:05am On Jan 16, 2016
warriboy21:

that's the headache i have about extending a return ticket now, undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dkgetmuny: 12:25am On Jan 16, 2016
Its been a long long time i came on here...I wish everbody going for their interviews luck..This thread helped me a lot 4years ago..Listen to the advise of the veterans, they know what they talking about..Meanwhile who is in the state of michigan here?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 1:13am On Jan 16, 2016
meritdee:
Hello fam,

You got a confirmation number right? and a ticket number.. just go to Emirates website and plug that in. It should display your itinerary...or you can call them directly to confirm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 5:48am On Jan 16, 2016
biikeys:

You got a confirmation number right? and a ticket number.. just go to Emirates website and plug that in. It should display your itinerary...or you can call them directly to confirm.

Thanks. Was able to confirm it on their website.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 5:49am On Jan 16, 2016
warriboy21:

Thanks fam

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 16, 2016
meritdee:

Orientation starts 25th.. I'm leaving on the 19th
Awesome. Your school appears to be resuming a bit later than many. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Olupinlaoluwato: 1:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hello house please I need your help I want to aply to school I just finish my waec
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 1:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
Sorbitalll:

Awesome. Your school appears to be resuming a bit later than many. Best of luck.

Yeah, thanks fam
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 2:01pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hello. I am an intending student to grand valley state uni in michigan. Still waiting response. Can you tell me a lil about michigan?
dkgetmuny:
Its been a long long time i came on here...I wish everbody going for their interviews luck..This thread helped me a lot 4years ago..Listen to the advise of the veterans, they know what they talking about..Meanwhile who is in the state of michigan here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
Olupinlaoluwato:
Hello house please I need your help I want to aply to school I just finish my waec

Start by thinking of a course you'd like to study... Then shoot Google with your intending course, not forgetting to include the specific region you'd like to go study this course.

If you encounter any complexity, come back here and ask questions. Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
Please who knows today's dollar exchange rate in naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by SophiaLisa(f): 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
Good Day All,

On Tuesday morning, was at the Lagos Consulate for my F1 interview (Sorry for the late post).

Please view my transcript below;
VO: Please come forward.
SL: Good morning.
VO: (no response; He must have been cranky). *Flips through my passport*. So you have a running B1/B2 Visa
SL: Yes.
VO: So why do you want to study an MBA ....
SL: No, not an MBA. Its a Mastes degree.
VO: I'm sorry, why do you want to go for a Masters in Project Management?
SL: *Gave him my story, linking it with my being an Investment Banker*. When I was done, I said, and here's a letter of introduction from my company.
VO: Without looking up, he kept typing but said "Never mind".
VO: So, have you paid the SEVIS fee?.
SL: Yes I have. It's right there (pointed at the paper in front of him which he clearly missed out).
VO: (Keeps typing and typing and typing).
VO: Your visa has been approved, pick it up in three business days. Also, make sure you don't present the B1/B2 visa at the POE so it doesn't raise any issues.
SL: Thank you very much.
SL: So the B1/B2 visa is still valid?
VO: Yes it is.

I thanked him again and left!

Thanks to God, everyone that prayed with me as well as the Special tips from AKO1, KennyRonny, Meritdee.

Tuesday was just miraculous because before me, they had only approved a visa for 1 woman and her daughter (an Indian). Every other person had a blue paper (denial). In fact, the three F1 applicants ahead of me were rejected out-rightly. I remember praying as I walked before the VO. God is faithful and kind.

Next off, who lives in New York here oooooo. Looking to share an apartment. smiley

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
@ SophiaLisa,

Cheers!

@ Living in NY, you have to be strong.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by glossybayor(m): 4:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
SophiaLisa:
Good Day All,

On Tuesday morning, was at the Lagos Consulate for my F1 interview (Sorry for the late post).

Please view my transcript below;
VO: Please come forward.
SL: Good morning.
VO: (no response; He must have been cranky). *Flips through my passport*. So you have a running B1/B2 Visa
SL: Yes.
VO: So why do you want to study an MBA ....
SL: No, not an MBA. Its a Mastes degree.
VO: I'm sorry, why do you want to go for a Masters in Project Management?
SL: *Gave him my story, linking it with my being an Investment Banker*. When I was done, I said, and here's a letter of introduction from my company.
VO: Without looking up, he kept typing but said "Never mind".
VO: So, have you paid the SEVIS fee?.
SL: Yes I have. It's right there (pointed at the paper in front of him which he clearly missed out).
VO: (Keeps typing and typing and typing).
VO: Your visa has been approved, pick it up in three business days. Also, make sure you don't present the B1/B2 visa at the POE so it doesn't raise any issues.
SL: Thank you very much.
SL: So the B1/B2 visa is still valid?
VO: Yes it is.

I thanked him again and left!

Thanks to God, everyone that prayed with me as well as the Special tips from AKO1, KennyRonny, Meritdee.

Tuesday was just miraculous because before me, they had only approved a visa for 1 woman and her daughter (an Indian). Every other person had a blue paper (denial). In fact, the three F1 applicants ahead of me were rejected out-rightly. I remember praying as I walked before the VO. God is faithful and kind.

Next off, who lives in New York here oooooo. Looking to share an apartment. smiley
even me I could predict u going to get the visa because you have a running B1/B2 visa which gave you a huge advantage. If dey were going to approve only one f1 dat day, it would have been you. Valid B1/B2? That's a huge advantage sugar. Getting a US f1 visa now it's not an easy task, the rejection rate is too fucking much. I would have gotten my visa too on Thursday but the CO was flipping through my passport page by page, he was looking for a travelling history. I was given a blue paper after 2 attempt, making my 3rd time. It's only God will safe us, many people have being denied visa but I believe it's gonn be alright soon. I hope we all gonn get this visa soon. The rate of approving f1 students visa is now very low, infact Immigrant visa are more approved this days than the F1. It's now the survival of the fittest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
amanze15:
that's the headache i have about extending a return ticket now, undecided
u use wakanow lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
warriboy21:

u use wakanow lol
one mumu AIG tours for marina grin now delta come dey sey no be valid document dem take buy am, i don forfeit am sef, summer trip back home no go pure again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
glossybayor:
even me I could predict u going to get the visa because you have a running B1/B2 visa which gave you a huge advantage. If dey were going to approve only one f1 dat day, it would have been you. Valid B1/B2? That's a huge advantage sugar. Getting a US f1 visa now it's not an easy task, the rejection rate is too fucking much. I would have gotten my visa too on Thursday but the CO was flipping through my passport page by page, he was looking for a travelling history. I was given a blue paper after 2 attempt, making my 3rd time. It's only God will safe us, many people have being denied visa but I believe it's gonn be alright soon. I hope we all gonn get this visa soon. The rate of approving f1 students visa is now very low, infact Immigrant visa are more approved this days than the F1. It's now the survival of the fittest.

Once you can prove yourself a genuine student, have a change(s) in your record and good luck on your side, your visa will be granted no matter your previous rejections.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 5:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
amanze15:
one mumu AIG tours for marina grin now delta come dey sey no be valid document dem take buy am, i don forfeit am sef, summer trip back home no go pure again

nawa ..anything agent de always get coma, c my guy o so u de plan go 9ja for summer ..u de flex na.. me de find internship or look for jobs or beta stil do d summer make i quick graduate before donald trump go com make tins difficult grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by glossybayor(m): 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
imperiouxx:

Once you can prove yourself a genuine student, have a change(s) in your record and good luck on your side, your visa will be granted no matter your previous rejections.
changes like what? If I may ask, kindly share more light
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
warriboy21:

nawa ..anything agent de always get coma, c my guy o so u de plan go 9ja for summer ..u de flex na.. me de find internship or look for jobs or beta stil do d summer make i quick graduate before donald trump go com make tins difficult grin
lol, guy who tell you sey i wan go back i just wan keep am for eventualities! cheesy guy taking courses in summer can be hectic o if your liver fit carry am. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.