Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (787135 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ayosco2008(m): 6:55am On Jan 15, 2016
LogoDWhiz:
Please ladies and gents in he house.

I plan to apply for 2017/2018 session this year through scholarship funding.

My question is this, would I need to apply for only GRE or ToEFL or both?

How much will each cost me?

When is the best time to apply for it as regards the session and the time I'll be applying?

Thanks
My president.. Good to see your here.. Contact me through my signature or drop your email.. .. We can discuss all your questions..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 15, 2016
glossybayor:
Evening house, I have some buddies that we applied to this school; California University of Management and Sciences (Calums) for our MBA Business Administration. We were admitted but have not gotten our visas despite that we have applied 3time 2time 1time respectively. Please I really wanna know what is wrong. Please kindly help check if this school is among those US school that have REG FLAG. This school has a small students body and don't require TOEFL for admission. I heard some students do apply to schools, get admission and visa and they run once they landed in USA. I'm a genuine students, I just wanna know if this is what is really affecting my chance of getting visa with this Calums school. Thanks
Well, the school is not a red flag but you should get a quality school for MBA and apply for your visa. Good MBA schools require standardized tests or test sort of. Also, you can do yourself a favor by posting all your interviews here. Gurus are here to help you. Do not be shy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 15, 2016
meritdee:

I'm entering next week. Morgan, Maryland.
Okay. Best of luck. You wouldn't attend orientation? Just thinking loudly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by glossybayor(m): 9:36am On Jan 15, 2016
MsNas:

Strictly my opinion (I might be wrong).... But I will suggest you switch schools.

CALUMS is a one building university in Anaheim, just a step above VIU, Sillicon Valley, Everest and the rest. I guess because it had the name California University gives it some kind of leverage but it's still a private, for profit university. Why waste time and money?

Like I said, this is my own opinion. Someone might have a counter opinion. Peace. You might be right tho, because I was denied 3rd time yesterday and my other Friends, the CO was even telling me yesterday after given me a blue paper dat he's know dat I hav been hear b4 but he's sorry he cannot issue me a visa, he was telling me to try UNILAG wtf That's wen I tink maybe something is wrong with the school...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by glossybayor(m): 9:38am On Jan 15, 2016
hayaorbah:

I dnt think the school is one of the schools in the US with Red Flag, i am a student in that schl and i dnt got my visa once, i.think you guys should try to see uf there is anyway you r nt getting it right cos der is 70% of getting a visa once u applied through dat schl. My view doh
You might be right tho, because I was denied 3rd time yesterday and my other Friends, the CO was even telling me yesterday after given me a blue paper dat he's know dat I hav been hear b4 but he's sorry he cannot issue me a visa, he was telling me to try UNILAG wtf That's wen I tink maybe something is wrong with the school...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by glossybayor(m): 9:41am On Jan 15, 2016
[quote author=waledudu post=41987422]

Mr man... I think u need to package yourself and prepare for your interview well. [/quoteYou might be right tho, because I was denied 3rd time yesterday and my other Friends, the CO was even telling me yesterday after given me a blue paper dat he's know dat I hav been hear b4 but he's sorry he cannot issue me a visa, he was telling me to try UNILAG wtf That's wen I tink maybe something is wrong with the school...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gentledoj(m): 9:47am On Jan 15, 2016
pls help.... looking for good school to attend for my MSc programme at USA, North Caroline to be presice. I need info and requirement for easy application and visa processing.... thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 9:57am On Jan 15, 2016
Sorbitalll:

Orientation starts 25th.. I'm leaving on the 19th

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:05am On Jan 15, 2016
Sorbitalll:

Part of the reason I had to defer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 10:16am On Jan 15, 2016
MrMann1:

Part of the reason I had to defer

Thought u got ur VISA already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 10:19am On Jan 15, 2016
meritdee:

Thought u got ur VISA already
Yes. I got it, I had to defer cos resumption was close and foreign exchange is very bad as at now. Fall 2016 on my mind wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by meritdee(m): 10:37am On Jan 15, 2016
MrMann1:

Yes. I got it, I had to defer cos resumption was close and foreign exchange is very bad as at now. Fall 2016 on my mind wink

Okay, cool grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by profkehinde: 11:09am On Jan 15, 2016
Does someone need to notify the US officials on the decision to make a change of a return flight date back to Nigeria. Like for example, if on my return flight ticket, I'm meant to return home on January 20th, but I now decide to extend my return by another 3 months, which is April. Does one need to inform the US officials about this change ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
profkehinde:
Does someone need to notify the US officials on the decision to make a change of a return flight date back to Nigeria. Like for example, if on my return flight ticket, I'm meant to return home on January 20th, but I now decide to extend my return by another 3 months, which is April. Does one need to inform the US officials about this change ?
Check the date of the duration of your stay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
For PMs, please check my proffy for my email and write me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
Bigfrancis,u r worth having as a buddy. Indeed am proud associating myself with you. Thanks for assisting with my Application fees. U shall indeed be a part of my success story.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2016
OjaP:

What or who separated you and GboyegaD cheesy? Did you take Air France?

We were in Nigeria for 3 weeks; I didn't want to come back. cry cry

We took Air France. I have rescheduled for another 2 weeks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by hayaorbah: 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
DeeTus:
Well, the school is not a red flag but you should get a quality school for MBA and apply for your visa. Good MBA schools require standardized tests or test sort of. Also, you can do yourself a favor by posting all your interviews here. Gurus are here to help you. Do not be shy.
What you do not know abt Calums is dey might not require you to write any Gmat or Toefl before coming to d school but once you get in you will write an english test known as itep before admitting u and if u do not pass the exam you will enroll to an english class before the school will admit you as a student for MBA. And is a non profit organisation. The quality of education is very gd and d fees is cheap compare to other universities here the only thing i dont like abt d school is dat is more of white we black are nt much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
fizzile:
Bigfrancis,u r worth having as a buddy. Indeed am proud associating myself with you. Thanks for assisting with my Application fees. U shall indeed be a part of my success story.
BigFrancis true Nlander!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2016
ayosco2008:

My president.. Good to see your here.. Contact me through my signature or drop your email.. .. We can discuss all your questions..

No problem.
Thanks bro!

grin lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
gentledoj:
pls help.... looking for good school to attend for my MSc programme at USA, North Caroline to be presice. I need info and requirement for easy application and visa processing.... thanks

This will prevent you from getting a better school when you've already narrowed your search to NC only.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
hayaorbah:

What you do not know abt Calums is dey might not require you to write any Gmat or Toefl before coming to d school but once you get in you will write an english test known as itep before admitting u and if u do not pass the exam you will enroll to an english class before the school will admit you as a student for MBA. And is a non profit organisation. The quality of education is very gd and d fees is cheap compare to other universities here the only thing i dont like abt d school is dat is more of white we black are nt much.
Taking standardized tests before one arrives is a lot better. Being in the class with those whose official language is not English is pitiful. It becomes more laughable if he or she cannot pass.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
imperiouxx:

This will prevent you from getting a better school when you've already narrowed your search to NC only.

Isn't UNC good?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
hayaorbah:

What you do not know abt Calums is dey might not require you to write any Gmat or Toefl before coming to d school but once you get in you will write an english test known as itep before admitting u and if u do not pass the exam you will enroll to an english class before the school will admit you as a student for MBA. And is a non profit organisation. The quality of education is very gd and d fees is cheap compare to other universities here the only thing [s]i dont like abt d school is dat is more of white we black are nt much.[/s]

Well, it's not necessary you be in school with many blacks. The state has lot of blacks you can relate with outside school. I went to a school where all blacks can identify each other and the state has small population of blacks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

Isn't UNC good?

It's a good public school and there are many more better schools all around US. Do you just want to apply to only UNC?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

Same here o. Hopefully we will hear from them soon.
The schools said decisions will be made around March /April.
We just have to be optimistic and hope for the best. Though the waiting is killing

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
imperiouxx:

It's a good public school and there are many more better schools all around US. Do you just want to apply to only UNC?

There are over 20 higher institutions in NC. The guy should be able to see 5 or 6 that are okay for him. I'm sure he has a strong reason for choosing NC.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colleges_and_universities_in_North_Carolina
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
paulbets:

The schools said decisions will be made around March /April.
We just have to be optimistic and hope for the best. Though the waiting is killing

I go celebrate with you by March, guy!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by paulbets: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

I go celebrate with you by March, guy!
Amen o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by hayaorbah: 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
imperiouxx:

Well, it's not necessary you be in school with many blacks. The state has lot of blacks you can relate with outside school. I went to a school where all blacks can identify each other and the state has small population of blacks.
Yea isnt a criteria just saying, and again i'm in der Virginia campus. @Glossbayor u can drop ur num will add u on whatsapp.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.