Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785922 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 15, 2016
Thanks guys already noting all for next time .haha

Please gurus MI I have 1 more question how do an applicant know if he han been banned from entering the US for 10 years after an interview with a blue letter ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 15, 2016
frizzylee:
Thanks guys already noting all for next time .haha

Please gurus MI I have 1 more question how do an applicant know if he han been banned from entering the US for 10 years after an interview with a blue letter ..

Hahaha. If you've been banned you'll definitely know. If you have to ask, then you haven't been banned. Abi gurus?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

Hahaha. If you've been banned you'll definitely know. If you have to ask, then you haven't been banned. Abi gurus?

I'm not the one it was a guy we went there with.

The question is how will I know ? Like will his passport be stamped and others
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by diggy4real: 8:08am On Mar 15, 2016
Someone should help me with schools in the US with low tuition fee ($500) and below ; intend going for masters program in engineering.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 8:10am On Mar 15, 2016
diggy4real:
Someone should help me with schools in the US with low tuition fee ($500) and below ; intend going for masters program in engineering.
Did u say $500? For tuition? Omor u harsh ooo.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nanaman(m): 8:11am On Mar 15, 2016
Mayflowa:

You flopped all the opportunities to sell yourself. You were too lukewarm. No excitement in your answer. I am sure you barely spoke loud.

I want to stress here that VO are tired of hearing about online research for school. How many school can you truly research online? Every sch online will sell itself. Wouldn't you if you had a school. Therefore online details is a very bias means of choosing a school. You would probably be deceived and frustrated once you get to the school.

One good way to find out about the school is past experiences of students and staff of the school who are by themselves experience the school. So telling VO that a formal senior or brother of yours attended the school and told you of the numerous opportunities the school offers and saying he found employment immediately he got back to nigeria because of his acquired skill sets is a good way to impress the VO. You could say he was elevated to senior position because of his contribution to his workplace six months after returning from us.

Notice I always tie my answer to nigeria because of home ties. I cannot over emphasize the importance of that.

On why you choose the course, stop saying the curriculum or class ratio. Most school in US has same structure of curriculum. Why? They all research into best structure of curriculum and they virtually turn up with same curriculum. However, current research differs per university. So ur attraction to a named researched by prof so so will be apt for you to mention. Go further to say you are in touch with the prof. If you have a good sat or GRE score. Chip in that he was happy with your CV and GRE score.

See? You are the one leading the interview. At this stage, he would be interested in your score. VO would be impressed.

I hope I made a good point. This is a money-worth points. You got it free. So be nice to someone else.

Are you an exmay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 15, 2016
frizzylee:

I'm not the one it was a guy we went there with.

The question is how will I know ? Like will his passport be stamped and others

I think it will be stated clearly on one of his documents and/or he would be told at the end of his interview. I'm not sure. But just chill, someone else will soon answer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 15, 2016
fizzile:
Did u say $500? For tuition? Omor u harsh ooo.

Guy exchange rate no be small tin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 15, 2016
diggy4real:

If you have a good GPA, use that 500 dollars to write GRE, TOEFL, and apply to schools where you stand a chance of being funded.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 8:24am On Mar 15, 2016
diggy4real:

Have you done any research?
There is no country where you can do engineering for such low money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by diggy4real: 8:44am On Mar 15, 2016
worry359:

I meant 5000dollars and below for MSC in engineering. Or even Sciences
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by diggy4real: 8:47am On Mar 15, 2016
worry359:

I meant 5000 dollars and below.....my CGPA is just 2.5......wat r my chances?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by diggy4real: 8:48am On Mar 15, 2016
stolid:

If you have a good GPA, use that 500 dollars to write GRE, TOEFL, and apply to schools where you stand a chance of being funded.

Sorry. ....I meant 5000dollars .....wat r my chances......my CGPA is just 2.5.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 9:12am On Mar 15, 2016
Fortissimo:

Guy exchange rate no be small tin.
No the guy said if dey r schools wit tuition fee of $500 and below. Me I come shout naaa. Dat one be say all Nigerians for migrate to US ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 9:14am On Mar 15, 2016
Abeg when will exchange rate go back to normal?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2016
fizzile:
Abeg when will exchange rate go back to normal?

This is the new normal
What makes you think it can ever go down again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cseejhay: 9:58am On Mar 15, 2016
i really cant stop thanking the gurus in the house....sir imperiouxx,mayflowa,walsprings,prayerrain and others i do not remember to mention here...u are duly recognised and appreciated,i want you to know there is always a reward for doing good...like a writter would say render help to people even when u know they are not in position to help u in return.you all have touched lives here.each time any of those people u have helped smiles cos of their present state...God adds unto u.thats the beauty of life.pardon my spellings pls....stay blessed.thanks plenty!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 10:06am On Mar 15, 2016
Mayflowa:

You flopped all the opportunities to sell yourself. You were too lukewarm. No excitement in your answer. I am sure you barely spoke loud.

I want to stress here that VO are tired of hearing about online research for school. How many school can you truly research online? Every sch online will sell itself. Wouldn't you if you had a school. Therefore online details is a very bias means of choosing a school. You would probably be deceived and frustrated once you get to the school.

One good way to find out about the school is past experiences of students and staff of the school who are by themselves experience the school. So telling VO that a formal senior or brother of yours attended the school and told you of the numerous opportunities the school offers and saying he found employment immediately he got back to nigeria because of his acquired skill sets is a good way to impress the VO. You could say he was elevated to senior position because of his contribution to his workplace six months after returning from us.

Notice I always tie my answer to nigeria because of home ties. I cannot over emphasize the importance of that.

On why you choose the course, stop saying the curriculum or class ratio. Most school in US has same structure of curriculum. Why? They all research into best structure of curriculum and they virtually turn up with same curriculum. However, current research differs per university. So ur attraction to a named researched by prof so so will be apt for you to mention. Go further to say you are in touch with the prof. If you have a good sat or GRE score. Chip in that he was happy with your CV and GRE score.

See? You are the one leading the interview. At this stage, he would be interested in your score. VO would be impressed.

I hope I made a good point. This is a money-worth points. You got it free. So be nice to someone else.

Thanks for the info I am copying your writeup to future reference

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 15, 2016
Good day evrryone. i intend going to live in america permanently, i graduated frm a private university in benin republic, bsc tho. will i see a good job with my african degree in usa or i'll have to apply for a master's program there first before i'll find a good job.. i'm bothered those white people might not accept ppl with an african degree. thnks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 12:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
nanaman:

Are you an exmay?

Hmmmm. I get asked every other time this question. Unfortunately No. My dad just christened me Mayflower from birth. Are you exmays? I hear they are smart.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by wkkwl: 12:58pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hello house

i am new to this thread am a reg Nurse,i want to go for degree please can someone tell me how to go about this.

Choosing affordable schools,i don't want to choose a school that is not approved by the department of education.

Thanks for your help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by abujaniv: 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hello, Nairaland!

Our other visa thread, "U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening," has been a success in dispelling some of the myths associated with the visa process. We have enjoyed answering all of your pertinent questions and as we get ready for the upcoming summer cycle that sees a huge increase in student visas, we wanted to create a new forum [b]JUST [/b]for applicants with questions about student visas (F1, M1, & J1). Please check out this new thread called "U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening" at https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1

We are U.S. Foreign Service Officers working in Abuja and Lagos and we are looking forward to answering your student related questions. Please note that we do not comment on specific cases, we do not offer advice, and we will not answer abusive or insulting posts.

While we will attempt to explain U.S. immigration policies on student visas and provide overall visa application guidance, any opinions expressed are the personal views of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Government.

There is a separate Immigrant and Diversity Visa thread at https://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s., also handled by a U.S. Foreign Service Officers in Nigeria, so please use this thread only for questions about student visas. If you have general non-immigrant visa questions, please visit the other thread here, https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Student Visa Team
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nedum360: 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
I'd like to know if foreign statements of account are acceptable @ the usa embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by rydow(m): 1:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
Good day guys,

Please I am bothered and concerned about the number of days it takes to get the I-20 form.

Please I need an experience advice, as I have been expecting since the first week in February. The courier service insist I contact the sch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by diggy4real: 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
Some one shud me with a sch in the US that I can pay at most 5000 dollars as tuition fee for masters in engineering or science.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by diggy4real: 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
Some one shud me with a sch in the US that I can pay at most 5000 dollars as tuition fee for masters.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
diggy4real:
Some one shud me with a sch in the US that I can pay at most 5000 dollars as tuition fee for masters in engineering or science.
Troy uni
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lazywriter: 3:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
rydow:
Good day guys,

Please I am bothered and concerned about the number of days it takes to get the I-20 form.

Please I need an experience advice, as I have been expecting since the first week in February. The courier service insist I contact the sch.

Has the I 20 already been prepared by the school?

It usually take a school 4-6 weeks to prepare the I 20 from the day of official admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by motifoluwasolami: 4:56pm On Mar 15, 2016
good day everyone, please how good is wayne state university and how expensive is it. i mailed the school about tuition, and i am yet to get a reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
dicapino:

Thanks for the info I am copying your writeup to future reference

Guy your number no dey go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2016
wkkwl:
Hello house

i am new to this thread am a reg Nurse,i want to go for degree please can someone tell me how to go about this.

Choosing affordable schools,i don't want to choose a school that is not approved by the department of education.

Thanks for your help.

I will direct you to Texas Women University. It quite affordable for nursing degree. I also think they would consider you for accelerated nursing degree. That is a 15 months program or so

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lobito007(m): 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
Heart-broken! Got a rejection mail from univ of rhode island, Msc mech eng. So devastated right now, as it's the only school I have applied to. Now, I'm not even motivated to apply to any other. However, I cant imagine my dream of studying in the US forfeited. Cant just jump on any school's page now to apply. Suggestions on schools that are safe for my profile would be appreciated. GRE: 300, CGPA: 3.63/5.00.

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.