Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785946 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:33am On Mar 31, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Responded.

Hello, please I sent you a PM. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 6:55am On Mar 31, 2016
slimmy2005:
That 20mins, you won't even think of Nairaland when heap of assignments with deadline they wait for you. Nothing like copy and paste here o. A Nigerian guy is still facing panel for plagiarism lol. He's barely two months here already facing panel for academic theft? He was lifting without even citing.

Lolz. How far please can expand this plagiarism. My thoughts are if I do a write-up and put references at the end. I am good
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by seanemmason(m): 7:14am On Mar 31, 2016
Some people really like wahala sha. Nobody force anyone to read any post on this thread why you over flogging the issue, if he's not a good writer try and be a good reader too by rephrasing the sentence for a better understanding as nobody is an island of knowledge. If questions is been ask your type of people will never respond to the question but looking for mistake of those that dedicate their precious time to answer the question. @sure boy thumbs up bro and keep up the good work
Mayflowa:

You make a lot of sense but you are a poor writer. It is not about time. Your sentence structure is poor. If anyone wrote novel like this, no one would read it.

Your greatest errors are lack of space. That is what bbbd, I think, complained about. You need to space you paragraph and make it more frequent.

I really hope you will learn. I love reading and I read very long piece here but I couldn't read up to a third of yours.

A good writer always double check his writings. From your writing, I can tell your character. You look quite disorganized from what I have seen. No offence!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 31, 2016
@seanemason thanks jare. U nailed the response. I know d long posts are tiring sometimes, ignoring them is free and requires no extra effort.

@mayflowa from 4 rushed posts on Nairaland, u are convinced I am a disorganized person, a poor writer, etc. Looool. U're comparing this to writing a novel? U know even novel writers pass their work to professional editors, right? Na reasoning like yours dey make me write long just to reduce your thinking patterns to absurdity.
I should space my paragraphs, carry dictionary because I want to write and impress you? This is casual writing, poor standard I know, it is not as bad biko. Get d message and move on.
Sir, no be trial I dey do for here. When I need to write something serious, I channel my energy towards it and do it well. No offence taken. cheesy
As long as I spell most of my words well, argue coherently, and finish up well most times, it's good enough for a casual writing.
Lemme even give u a free tip... When u see such a thing that's too long to read, read the the first two paragraphs and the conclusion. U'll get the msg. A perfect reader like you should know this: u don't need to read the whole essay to get d message.

@slimmy2005 I don tell u, I no dey slack for street. I roll with Niggas wey know as e dey go. SOMETIMES, boys dey go online, submit assignment topic and pay for professionals to write dem and the privacy policy na ogbonge. When it's ready, read well to get d idea, step the quality down so as not to get an A for dem to call u up to defend am. They're happy with a B. My guys dey do am well, all way na way. Doesn't mean they aren't sound, na just smart work.
You're free to shoot the idea down, na how people dey do things codedly be that and the 'jews' go dey wonder how dem dey do am. One guy posted how students make money from driving uber and lyft taxis, everybody shoot the idea down. Later when d guy no reveal anything again, dem go say him be bad person.
Life is hard, u make tough decisions, take risks. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. At least, try! U can't win the lottery if u don't buy the ticket. If I enter Yankee, I dey go with 20 litres of agbo jedi to gidi gan. cheesy if book no do am, hustle go run am.
Last line was a joke before una start to tell me how dem go tackle me for airport. Y'all get too serious!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by roblance: 10:15am On Mar 31, 2016
@sureb0y wen u land here again, since u left yeye finland thread, no more epistles...lol... abeg I sent you a message via email. make u reply o. need some infos as finland no allow me cross too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 10:28am On Mar 31, 2016
@ Mayflowa, that is too much, as long as you can comprehend what he is passing across, you don't need all this na.. If he is a good or bad writer, you are not in best shoe to tell him..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aamgroup: 10:32am On Mar 31, 2016
aamgroup:
Please house ... I really need you guys' help. I want to register for standardized tests SAT and TOEFL to be specific and i would need all help and advice that i could get. Please i would also like to have the necessary materials most especially the E books. And if anybody has a hard copy for sale... waiting for your replies.

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Fesobi92: 10:40am On Mar 31, 2016
@sureboy you gat me rolling on my chairs since lol...confirm reasoning, first class orientation. you nor be cross breed Lagos boy, Nah proper breed you be. let the street lives on. Ooh I almost forgot, I fall for the "buy a house on mortgage and give it out on rent for students, in few years you become a landlord"...thumbs up man

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Fesobi92: 10:44am On Mar 31, 2016
@aamgroup send a blank mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com, you'll get a link to download toefl materials at least.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 10:45am On Mar 31, 2016
don4ye:
@ Mayflowa, that is too much, as long as you can comprehend what he is passing across, you don't need all this na.. If he is a good or bad writer, you are not in best shoe to tell him..

Of course I know. I do not intend to demean his abilities and reasoning. I wanted him to be more persuasive with his arguments. Good writing style helps to do that for you. There is a place for learning. I agree it's kinda harsh but I needed to point this flaw out so he had learn.

He enjoys writing. That is why he can fill this page up quickly. I guess he is writing for people to read. He should at least make life easy for audience if we are to read his epistles. Lest you come across as ranting with no proper punctuation and paragraphing. Since he admitted to writing differently in a more formal setting, I have no qualms.

Lastly, I apologize for been brunt and harsh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 10:46am On Mar 31, 2016
@ sureboy ... The baddest ) God bless d street..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 10:47am On Mar 31, 2016
Mayflowa:

Of course I know. I do not intend to demean his abilities and reasoning. I wanted him to be more persuasive with his arguments. Good writing style helps to do that for you. There is a place for learning. I agree it's kinda harsh but I needed to point this flaw out so he had learn.

He enjoys writing. That is why he can fill this page up quickly. I guess he is writing for people to read. He should at least make life easy for audience if we are to read his epistles. Lest you come across as ranting with no proper punctuation and paragraphing. Since he admitted to writing differently in a more formal setting, I have no qualms.

You good bro.. God bless u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 31, 2016
Mayflowa:

I agree it's kinda harsh but I needed to point this flaw out so he had learn.

Apology accepted, we all make mistakes (including you :p). Matter dropped. cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nedum360: 11:07am On Mar 31, 2016
Testimony Time
I've been an occasionally silent follower of this thread
Visa Approved in Abuja, Window 7 Yesterday After 3 attempts and 2 denials
VO was a cute young Caucasian babe winkwith her Caucasian male supervisor looming in the background
No documents asked
Me Good Morning with a smile
VO Good morning with a warm smile. Pass your documents
VO Where are u going to?
Me Bleep
VO What are you going to study?
Me Bleep
VO Types on the computer for a while
VO Where do u work?
Me Bleep
VO Continues typing
VO Who's paying?
Me I'm the person paying
VO Still continues typing. Then states the magical words
I was overwhelmed with joy that I didn't even hear the remaining words she said. Last I heard was her wishing me a safe trip.
PS: A lot of people where denied yesterday. Mainly those going for visit. Never give up on ur dreams of getting good American education. The God that did it for me after 3x would doit 4u.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 31, 2016
Congrats nedum360. Not a very detailed transcript sha. When are you starting your course?

Also please guys, have any of you checked the available interview dates lately?

Edit: checked and the next available date is 4 April. Guess the visa rush hasn't started yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 31, 2016
Fesobi92:
@sureboy you gat me rolling on my chairs since lol...confirm reasoning, first class orientation. you nor be cross breed Lagos boy, Nah proper breed you be. let the street lives on. Ooh I almost forgot, I fall for the "buy a house on mortgage and give it out on rent for students, in few years you become a landlord"...thumbs up man

Lol, na one of my guys do am o. Different people dey come up with concepts. Boys no dey sleep, the way na to just know as e dey go, take calculated risks and everything go set with prayers. Opportunities yapa for street no be to just go school, graduate and work for office. Some people no go even stay office and them go dey successful, all na plan.
Knowledge is power, I no dey discard any knowledge. Even if I no go do am, I go just get the idea so when people wan sample me, them go see say I heavy for ground, gonna motivate them to show me other things. you get? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 31, 2016
nedum360:

Visa Approved in Abuja

Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pattyreal(f): 11:31am On Mar 31, 2016
sureb0y:

Congrats!

Sureboy I sent you a mail. Tanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Successobed(m): 11:44am On Mar 31, 2016
I went for an interview this morning and the VO handled me my passport and a yellow card to submit it and some other documents to the address listed in the yellow card.
Please!!! What does a yellow card mean ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by iamleye(m): 11:45am On Mar 31, 2016
Good morning all, great thread, pls I need ur advice, I got admitted for a short course of less than one month in the US, and am meant to travel with a student visa, went thru the SEVIS fee website and I saw I had to pay $200 for the service and $35 for a short course, it has not been stated clearly which and who are to pay for the $35, pls guys I need clarification on this and where possible can I pay for the SEVIS fee in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 31, 2016
Successobed:
I went for an interview this morning and the VO handled me my passport and a yellow card to submit it and some other documents to the address listed in the yellow card.
Please!!! What does a yellow card mean ?

Guess that's for immigrant visa. Wrong thread. But I believe they just require you to submit the docs for further processing. So do that asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 31, 2016
dicapino:

Lolz. How far please can expand this plagiarism. My thoughts are if I do a write-up and put references at the end. I am good
Go and learn APA style of referencing. Plagiarism is a criminal offense here and can lead to dismissal from school. I don't think any school in US will accept you with such record

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 31, 2016
nedum360:
Testimony Time
VO was a cute young Caucasian babe winkwith her Caucasian male supervisor looming in the background
No documents asked
Me Good Morning with a smile
VO Good morning with a warm smile. Pass your documents
VO Where are u going to?
Me Bleep
VO What are you going to study?
Me Bleep
VO Types on the computer for a while
VO Where do u work?
Me Bleep
VO Continues typing
VO Who's paying?
Me I'm the person paying
VO Still continues typing. Then states the magical words
I was overwhelmed with joy that I didn't even hear the remaining words she said. Last I heard was her wishing me a safe trip.
PS: A lot of people where denied yesterday. Mainly those going for visit. Never give up on ur dreams of getting good American education. The God that did it for me after 3x would doit 4u.
congrats nedum
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tjwolex: 11:57am On Mar 31, 2016
hello house, please i am new here. i need your help and advice concerning the payment of sevis fee. i live in lagos at the moment and i have heard that some people made payments at ecobank in seme. i want to conform if this is true and if there is anybody who paid recently. your advice and suggestions are needed please. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tjwolex: 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
also, i found about this website :mysevisfee.com
i am not too sure about it
please guys, i need your advise. i am really at a crossroad concerning this payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by iamleye(m): 12:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
I am facing same issue here too.... No one on this thread talk about SEVIS Fee payment, pls someone should help. Thanks
tjwolex:
hello house, please i am new here. i need your help and advice concerning the payment of sevis fee. i live in lagos at the moment and i have heard that some people made payments at ecobank in seme. i want to conform if this is true and if there is anybody who paid recently. your advice and suggestions are needed please. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tjwolex: 12:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
iamleye:
I am facing same issue here too.... No one on this thread talk about SEVIS Fee payment, pls someone should help. Thanks
i am really confused about it too. i dont know what to do
when are you resuming for the program?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by iamleye(m): 12:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello tjwolex, pls kindly get in touch by mail iamleye@gmail.com, so we can find way on getting the fee paid.
tjwolex:
also, i found about this website :mysevisfee.com
i am not too sure about it
please guys, i need your advise. i am really at a crossroad concerning this payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by iamleye(m): 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
June 6 but am currently awaiting my I-20 form, what about you wen r u resuming?
tjwolex:

i am really confused about it too. i dont know what to do
when are you resuming for the program?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tjwolex: 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
iamleye:
June 6 but am currently awaiting my I-20 form, what about you wen r u resuming?
same here, i am also resuming on the 6th of June but i have my I20 already. as far as i know, you cant make sevis fee payment without receiving your I20.
i have sent you a mail. hope you've received it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
dicapino:

Yes but in most cases, you don't completely copy and citing some kind of references. They want your own sentences.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 1:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
nedum360:
Testimony Time

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.