Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,120 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (786370 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 7:40pm On Mar 30, 2016
youngmoney416:
I demand an apology for that insult

Only quoting your own posts which contradict each other.
You explain why.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 8:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
dannybrown19:

Thank you, but can I be doing the CPT until I graduate?

That will depend on your school. Typically, you can even transition from CPT to OPT. Talk to your graduate advisor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Team16(m): 8:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
I don't know y you guys like to make a big deal over a little issue n it would drag for like 2 pages thereby derailing the purpose of the thread. You guys can choose to ignore the young man instead of all these rants. Please you guys should answer me abeg n oga justwise I think you should start banning all those seeking unnecessary attention here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Team16(m): 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
Gurus in the house, i hail o. This is my profile and what are my chances of admissions at Tamuk, North Dakota University and McMaster University.

BSc Industrial Chemistry ( 4.01 / 5., 3.389/4)
Pgd Chemical Engineering ( 4.48/5, 3.748/4)
Toefl 86
Gre 284
4yrs work experience ranging foam industry, chemical industry, pharmaceutical industry and presently oil and gas industry.
Very Tight Statement of purpose.
1 recommendation letter from my BSc school
1 recommendation letter from my Pgd school
1 recommendation letter from my oga @ big player oil industry.
Tight financial statement

I'm going for MSc Chemical Engineering.

Cc bigfrancis, gboyega, ogaslimmy,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
@sureboy.

How do you type those gigantic posts?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
Team16:
Gurus in the house, i hail o. This is my profile and what are my chances of admissions at Tamuk, North Dakota University and McMaster University.

Toefl 86
Gre 284
4yrs work experience ranging foam industry, chemical industry, pharmaceutical industry and presently oil and gas industry.

Give it a shot na. Why dulling ? No time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
Team16:

Toefl 86
Gre 284

You have a competitive profile aside the GRE. The score is quite low, that was my score after first GRE attempt. Are you just aiming for admission or you're aiming for both admission and funding? You should get admits. I would have adviced you apply to more schools but most application already closed for fall semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
imperiouxx:
@sureboy.

That guy get plenty time. Not when I have like 4 20page paper to write. Lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2016
biikeys:

That will depend on your school. Typically, you can even transition from CPT to OPT. Talk to your graduate advisor.
You're right. It depends on the school. A friend was asking me today about CPT. He wanted to start his CPT this summer but the international student office asked him to register for the class first and you know GA doesn't cover summer in most schools. The 3 credit would amount to nothing less than $2000. I adviced him to register and go for it if he has the fees.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by aamgroup: 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
Please house ... I really need you guys' help. I want to register for standardized tests SAT and TOEFL to be specific and i would need all help and advice that i could get. Please i would also like to have the necessary materials most especially the E books. And if anybody has a hard copy for sale... waiting for your replies.

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 9:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
slimmy2005:
That guy get plenty time. Not when I have like 4 20page paper to write. Lol.

It's extremely hard to even read what he wrote.
No punctuation. I just read the first line and my brain got tired from the lack of punctuation

If you're going to write an epistle, at least punctuate and use sentence breakers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
bbdd:

It's extremely hard to even read what he wrote.
No punctuation. I just read the first line and my brain got tired from the lack of punctuation

If you're going to write an epistle, at least punctuate and use sentence breakers.
I thought he was writing police report. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
Bros your OT is very valid... You be typical Lagos boy.. Do your thing, no much noise. Only fk guys will save up for a year just to spend it in two weeks in naija... Those u roll with matters a lot, regardless of wherever we find ourselves we should move with d right set of guys.. The orientation we all have is different, there are guys out there we just have to agree are smarter than we are, they know how to get Info's we don't know how to get.. They may not be "book smart" but trust me they are "street smart" and they do it legal!
sureb0y:
Freedom, Choice and Responsibility. Look at these three words carefully. You are FREE to CHOOSE to do whatever you want and afterwards, you must take RESPONSIBILITY for whatever the outcome is! Student visa, Go there, study, pay your fees and after graduation, go back to Naija. Tourist visa, go there, see wetin you wan see and go back to Naija. You are free to do this as the terms and conditions of your visa state or to enter street and rough it up. However it pans out, oga, take responsibility. You can sit all day and argue how life abroad is difficult and impossible, oga... Nobody is forcing anyone to go abroad, it's a choice, don't blame anyone for the failure. You could have stayed back or left for home immediately you found things tough. See them arguing like paying taxes, becoming a house owner at 19 through mortgage or buying a brand new car on credit is a bad thing. These things are NOT forced on anyone. It's a decision you make and once you choose to go this route, DO NOT COMPLAIN. If we had a working system in Naija, all these things would be in place too. You think people don't buy cars on credit in Nigeria and have their employers deduct from their salaries to finance the debt? You think people don't buy houses/plots of land through mortgage and pay over time in Nigeria too? Bros, it is everywhere! It is a choice. If you don't wanna get a brand new car on credit and pay over time, you can also buy used ones. Naija boys dey enter yankee and buy cheap cars. That Toyota Camry big daddy, boys dey buy am on the cheap from sellers on craigslist and locally too. You people complain about car registration and insurance like it's an everyday payment. They won't talk about the benefits o. when your car crash, you know how you can smile to the insurance company and get your benefits. Comprehensive car insurance is in Naija too, do you know how expensive it is? Some people do NOT live a life of credit. get a job, live within your means. use public transport, cook at home! pay rent instead of renting a house, borrow things from friends instead of buying, don't have plenty kids, manage your life and live happily. It's all planning and choice.
The number of people who make it is very small compared to the number of those who do not, same statistics everywhere in the world. How many Nigerians earn 150k+ monthly compared to those who do not? I am tired of these comparisons. Complain, Complain, Complain. The instant you experience something different from what you're used to, you lose interest in adjusting, you complain instead. Wait, let me ask you. Do you think the Americans should stop this "life of credit" and do things the way we have them done in Nigeria? LOOOOOOOOL don't even answer, bad as their system is. it is working for them.
Let's say you get a job in Nigeria, pay is 150k monthly, you can decide to rent a house in Makoko, keep starving yourself, don't buy any new clothes, save 100k, trek to work everyday, and when you have saved enough, buy a land in Ikorodu and build your house after 5 years. after another one year, you can decide to buy one Tokunbo car and keep living that way if you prefer to be saving and living a life of "No credit". No one will kill you. Alternatively, you can decide to get a brand new car and pay small small on credit, buy a flat/house in Lekki and pay small small. Big sacrifice, but Over time, you'll have everything sorted. The end justifies the means. Again, no one will kill you. Don't make it look like once you enter yankee, you're forced to apply for credit cards, buy cars on credit and become a house owner. FEAR GOD!
The fact remains: The yankee system has been in place and as bad as it is, it is working for them. When you're going there, you're going there to try to blend with whatever the heck it is they do there. Failure to blend and do things their way is not their business. Don't complain and wish for things to be the way they are in Nigeria.
Let me give you an example. One of my guys, the guy dey UK. Na London e enter o for Master's degree. after one year, things didn't work out. Padi decide to dey shoot anything enter him babe without protection. to helllll with family planning. them do marriage, lowkey pikin enter. I can't really remember how but he changed his status from student ish to spouse of a citizen. State dey pay dem money for pikin upkeep small but it is something. His wife works, he also got a job. them plan their life, move to cheap place and them dey live their lives lowkey. As sharp guy, he scope the babe make he apply for mortgage for house and them go dey contribute their salaries until them pay for the house finish. The babe gree, now them dey live for their own house and over time, they will finish paying for it. them no dey drive yet o, and them no mind. my padi na down to earth nigga, he no post nonsense for Instagram trying to impress anybody. Baba dey on street dey live him life, drink lowkey, smoke sk, live him life. You'll hear him say stuff like "sureboy, make I no lie for you, things no easy for here o but forget... iyalaya won, we go rough am. I dey happy for here, I get peace of mind". I ask him if he'd prefer to come back to Naija and live the easy life, he said a big NO and gave sensible reasons for staying there, believing it'd get better and better after he's used to the system. You know how many Naija girls dey marry citizens or people wey get permanent residency and how dem dey plan things codedly? I have a dawg too who did the mortgage thing, got a house close to a university, and rented it out to international students. He's servicing the mortgage with the rent these people are paying. One day the house go turn him own. What's my point? Shine your eyes, roll with people who have a positive mindset and try to encourage the ginger.
Sometimes, people prefer to stay abroad not because they're ashamed to come back to Naija, it is because they consider the positives over there and the nonsense they're coming to face here. People save just to come home and show off for two weeks? You don't know some people just come to Naija codedly, na only few people go know, they run back without making any noise. Na different people and different lifestyles. Don't generalize.
Know yourself, this is very important. I am a very reserved person and I like things being organized. I'll choose 24 hours noiseless electricity over the cheap crap we have here in Naija. I'll choose fast, unlimited internet over the nonsense we have here in Lagos, I'll choose good cars to be driven on good roads, serviced and maintained by professionals who would give me value for my money over the barawos we have as mechanics here, I would choose to visit a good gym, eat good food and be trained by a professional even if it's going to be more expensive. I'll choose to live in a place where I can get access to good healthcare even if it's expensive instead of dying in the hospital because the doctors are on strike, etc. Did you notice the most important part? the "I". it's my life, my decision. you're also free to do whatever you want. Some of these things are available in Naija too, expensive but omo... I prefer going abroad. Na me get my life. I no be omo mummy o. I dey on street and I know as e dey go.
Adapt, Adapt, Adapt, know as e dey go. don't lose the ginger, roll with sharp hustlers. Don't follow all these omo mummy who don't know what bukata/responsibility is. It's going to be difficult, very difficult. it's 50-50, you either get it right or not. Do your best to get it right, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. In the end, enjoy life while you have it. No one is making it out alive. All is vanity cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by electronic(m): 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
obiaguna:

Are you going to be in lagos anytime soon. Going to Ife go hard small for me o. Make we yarn now. Pms.
if I enter Lagos I wld beep or something.. I don't know when sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 10:00pm On Mar 30, 2016
biikeys:

I am doing an undergraduate program, so I just want to know if I can be doing the CPT until I graduate from the undergraduate program?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by monsieur2016(m): 10:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
monsieur2016:

Sup guys. There is a nigerian lecturer in the department i got admitted to. I'm thinking of mailing him, but i don't know what to say.

First, is it necessary to mail him? If so, what should I talk about?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Team16(m): 10:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
slimmy2005:
You have a competitive profile aside the GRE. The score is quite low, that was my score after first GRE attempt. Are you just aiming for admission or you're aiming for both admission and funding? You should get admits. I would have adviced you apply to more schools but most application already closed for fall semester.

Yea, I know about the low Gre but i intend to get admission after the first session with my performance I'll gun for funding. Thanks ogaslimmy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
Team16:

Yea, I know about the low Gre but i intend to get admission after the first session with my performance I'll gun for funding. Thanks ogaslimmy
You should get admission with North Dakota
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
dannybrown19:

I am doing an undergraduate program, so I just want to know if I can be doing the CPT until I graduate from the undergraduate program?
though it's wrong. But I don't think you'll have any issues at all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sofadj(m): 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
I intend to relocate to US but i don't expect it to be all smooth and easy afterall most good things don't come easy.

You think its easy to leave your country to another without struggling? Even Israelites that left Egypt to the promise land , their eyes saw WHEHNNN!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by obiaguna(m): 11:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
electronic:

if I enter Lagos I wld beep or something.. I don't know when sha

No p
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 12:00am On Mar 31, 2016
dannybrown19:

Like I said earlier, talk to someone in your UG advising office..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 12:30am On Mar 31, 2016
slimmy2005:
though it's wrong. But I don't think you'll have any issues at all.
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 31, 2016
imperiouxx:
@sureboy.

Lol No mind me, me sef I shock. The thing is I type very fast and I get carried away when I start writing. Don't blame me, I don dey write essays since 100 level, every assignment, test, exam, even project na essay and them be back to back hits. I know it gets boring sometimes and for this reason I apologize.

@slimmy2005 and @bbdd, Same apology for you two. I write on and on and I don't bother to crosscheck what I have written. pardon the poor punctuation, grammatical errors, etc. When I want to write something formal, I am more careful with things like that (I use luck get 29 for Toefl writing section).

It's extremely hard to even read what he wrote. The posts are not as bad sir. No vex
No punctuation. I just read the first line and my brain got tired from the lack of punctuation commas, full stops, exclamation marks wey I use no be punctuation abi? I admit I didn't spend more time trying to punctuate properly as I rushed my posts and I was not writing so as to be graded or awarded marks. I used punctuation sir.

This one na Nairaland, na idea matter. I believe the interested ones read the long posts and get the idea I try to pass across. You're not interested so it's okay not to read. No offence taken cheesy

Baba 4 20 page assignments, I'm sure you are on Nairaland more than I am. Long as my epistles are, I write them in very little time and go back to my life. cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 1:30am On Mar 31, 2016
sureb0y:

Lol No mind me, me sef I shock. The thing is I type very fast and I get carried away when I start writing. Don't blame me, I don dey write essays since 100 level, every assignment, test, exam, even project na essay and them be back to back hits. I know it gets boring sometimes and for this reason I apologize.

@slimmy2005 and @bbdd, Same apology for you two. I write on and on and I don't bother to crosscheck what I have written. pardon the poor punctuation, grammatical errors, etc. When I want to write something formal, I am more careful with things like that (I use luck get 29 for Toefl writing section).

It's extremely hard to even read what he wrote. The posts are not as bad sir. No vex
No punctuation. I just read the first line and my brain got tired from the lack of punctuation commas, full stops, exclamation marks wey I use no be punctuation abi? I admit I didn't spend more time trying to punctuate properly as I rushed my posts and I was not writing so as to be graded or awarded marks. I used punctuation sir.

This one na Nairaland, na idea matter. I believe the interested ones read the long posts and get the idea I try to pass across. You're not interested so it's okay not to read. No offence taken cheesy

Baba 4 20 page assignments, I'm sure you are on Nairaland more than I am. Long as my epistles are, I write them in very little time and go back to my life. cheesy cheesy cheesy

No, you're fine. I was just wondering because of time constrain here. Men, you'll hardly have time for nairaland when you begin your studies ooo. This one thing you will definitely miss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 31, 2016
imperiouxx:

No, you're fine. I was just wondering because of time constrain here. Men, you'll hardly have time for nairaland when you begin your studies ooo. This one thing you will definitely miss.

Lol, It's not that serious sir. I only wrote those long stuff because I wanted to argue and try to explain every point. I don't even use Nairaland that much. Don't worry, I'm gonna be fine IJN. 20 mins out of 24 hours no go kill me. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 1:56am On Mar 31, 2016
sureb0y:

@slimmy2005 Same apology for you two. I write on and on and I don't bother to crosscheck what I have written. pardon the poor punctuation, grammatical errors, etc. When I want to write something formal, I am more careful with things like that (I use luck get 29 for Toefl writing section).

Nah....You're good bro.
Life is not that hard na.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 31, 2016
imperiouxx:

Exactly, a lot even can't cope coming here to contribute. It's not like they don't want to, there is not enough time for it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:09am On Mar 31, 2016
sureb0y:

Lol, It's not that serious sir. I only wrote those long stuff because I wanted to argue and try to explain every point. I don't even use Nairaland that much. Don't worry, I'm gonna be fine IJN. 20 mins out of 24 hours no go kill me. smiley
That 20mins, you won't even think of Nairaland when heap of assignments with deadline they wait for you. Nothing like copy and paste here o. A Nigerian guy is still facing panel for plagiarism lol. He's barely two months here already facing panel for academic theft? He was lifting without even citing.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by oganlalasokun: 3:21am On Mar 31, 2016
pls does anyone have an idea of the cost if i want to send a laptop from one state to the other in the US (Ohio to Missouri ) how much it will cost using a US post office or UPS
thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 4:01am On Mar 31, 2016
sureb0y:

You make a lot of sense but you are a poor writer. It is not about time. Your sentence structure is poor. If anyone wrote novel like this, no one would read it.

Your greatest errors are lack of space. That is what bbdd, I think, complained about. You need to space you paragraph and make it more frequent.

I really hope you will learn. I love reading and I read very long piece here but I couldn't read up to a third of yours.

A good writer always double check his writings. From your writing, I can tell your character. You look quite disorganized from what I have seen. No offence!

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.