Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,855 members, 7,828,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (786076 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fortissimo:
Congrats nedum360. Not a very detailed transcript sha. When are you starting your course?

Also please guys, have any of you checked the available interview dates lately?

Edit: checked and the next available date is 4 April. Guess the visa rush hasn't started yet.

What chemistry are you going for? If biochem or protein chem, I have 2 research articles as a co-author in PLSone journal. I can send you an author's copy for free only when you started and sure of your interest in protein characterization and analysis.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tjwolex: 1:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
please guys, i am still waiting for any suggestions as to paying the sevis fee. i know we have fellow nairalanders who have made such payments in the past. kindly offer help and assistance please. my email is teejaywolex@gmail.com
thanks guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nedum360: 1:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
imperiouxx:

Cheers!

Thanks mehn. Please which airline is the most affordable to the USA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
nedum360:

Thanks mehn. Please which airline is the most affordable to the USA?

Sorry, I'm not a frequent traveler. However, the cheapest I got in Dec was Delta- a return ticket from US to Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
@Theflint1,

Abeg no vex. My time is always used up by either work or classes (that's how US is). I no dey get time to open emails anymore. I'm so sorry for whoever email I can't reply.

PS: I replied your email now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by seanemmason(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
@sure boy I will like to get in touch with you ooo..you be correct G I'm trying to pm you but is just bouncing back can you send me your mail let's connect bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by iamleye(m): 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello tjwolex, have you been able to get any assistance concerning the SEVIS payment?
iamleye:
I am facing same issue here too.... No one on this thread talk about SEVIS Fee payment, pls someone should help. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 31, 2016
tjwolex:
please guys, i am still waiting for any suggestions as to paying the sevis fee. i know we have fellow nairalanders who have made such payments in the past. kindly offer help and assistance please. my email is teejaywolex@gmail.com
thanks guys
sevis fee is $200 and western union fee is 10.50. You can either pay it at seme border or get someone to help you pay it on the US. I would advice if you send western union to the person from Nigeria to save cost of exchange rate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by iamleye(m): 2:15pm On Mar 31, 2016
I haven't received ur mail, maybe u should reforward pls
tjwolex:

same here, i am also resuming on the 6th of June but i have my I20 already. as far as i know, you cant make sevis fee payment without receiving your I20.
i have sent you a mail. hope you've received it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by LUCAS99: 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2016
@bigfrancis21 please check your mail. I just sent you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
iamleye:
Hello tjwolex, have you been able to get any assistance concerning the SEVIS payment?
if you can send western union of the equivalent I can help you guys make the payment. You'll need to fill a coupon online. www.fmjfee.com click on I-20 and fill the information carefully and accurately. It's 210.50 including western union charge.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by iamleye(m): 2:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hope u got my mail? Waiting to hear from u.
tjwolex:
thanks guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by iamleye(m): 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
Okay, thank you
slimmy2005:
if you can send western union of the equivalent I can help you guys make the payment. You'll need to fill a coupon online. www.fmjfee.com click on I-20 and fill the information carefully and accurately. It's 210.50 including western union charge.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tjwolex: 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
slimmy2005:
Okay slimmy2005. Do you live in the US?
And I have read about the form to be filled online and the coupon number but im not really sure how to get to seme border and if I will have to pay extra charges to the guys at the border
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tjwolex: 2:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
iamleye:
Hope u got my mail? Waiting to hear from u.
I have messaged you on whatsapp. We can chat right now cause I'm online
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tembuk(m): 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello all,
Please i need a little clarification on USA invite, i have a friend who sent me an invitation letter as at 2nd Feb 2016 but due to some reason i am yet to file in my application, i will be filling in my application on or before end of April will it affect my visa as the invitation is dated 2nd Feb 2016 or is it adviseable i request another?

Just wise and all please i need your advice on this matter.

Thanks all and you guys are doing a good job helping us here.................
GQ
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nedum360: 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2016
imperiouxx:

Sorry, I'm not a frequent traveler. However, the cheapest I got in Dec was Delta- a return ticket from US to Nigeria.

But for student visa, won't a one way ticket suffice?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 3:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
For does that want to pay SEVISFEE , slimmy can be helpful.. Contact him..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
LUCAS99:
@bigfrancis21 please check your mail. I just sent you a PM

Responded.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
nedum360:

You might get away with a single way ticket.
Or you might meet an entry officer in a bad mood that thinks it is a problem.
Most people buy a return which is often very little more to avoid potential problems.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tjwolex: 3:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
don4ye:
For does that want to pay SEVISFEE , slimmy can be helpful.. Contact him..
Please Slimmy, kindly drop your contact here so I can get in touch with you.
Moreover guys, I want to ask.....my school resumes on the 6th of June and I haven't booked an appointment. Is it too late or still okay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 3:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
tjwolex:

Please Slimmy, kindly drop your contact here so I can get in touch with you.
Moreover guys, I want to ask.....my school resumes on the 6th of June and I haven't booked an appointment. Is it too late or still okay?

Not too late.. Make sure you book it asap Flight fee may b high sha..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Responded.

Boss I sent you a PM too o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
imperiouxx:

What chemistry are you going for? If biochem or protein chem, I have 2 research articles as a co-author in PLSone journal. I can send you an author's copy for free only when you started and sure of your interest in protein characterization and analysis.

Thanks so much for your gracious offer. I'm actually going for organic synthesis / medicinal / chemical biology type research. I'll give you a shout once I begin. It could come in handy o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tjwolex: 3:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
don4ye:

Not too late.. Make sure you book it asap Flight fee may b high sha..
Thanks don4ye. I will book as soon as I've made my sevis fee payment. That's the only issue delaying me right now.
I'm thinking of either contacting Slimmy for his help or going to seme border to make the payment.
Any suggestions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by LUCAS99: 3:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Responded.

@bigfrancis21 please check your mail again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
nedum360:

Don't stress yourself. Buy anyone cheap for you. One way or return. They don't care.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
akin3102:
Madam, don't be discouraged.Am a mining engineering graduate student and couple of guys are getting employed despite how bad the economy is..Ojap is a geologist and he got a job too..just hope for the best.Good luck
wow! Where is Ojap oo, I am a geologist too... Which way oo,?? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by monsieur2016(m): 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
Please when do you think those admitted for fall semester can start applying for visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
monsieur2016:
Please when do you think those admitted for fall semester can start applying for visa?

Count back 120days from the resumption date on ur I-20. E.g if your start date is 19 Aug, then you can schedule your interview to hold on or after 22 April (I think).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
Adazlolly:
wow! Where is Ojap oo, I am a geologist too... Which way oo,?? grin
lol Ojap atleast you know who geology don help grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
tjwolex:

Okay slimmy2005. Do you live in the US?
And I have read about the form to be filled online and the coupon number but im not really sure how to get to seme border and if I will have to pay extra charges to the guys at the border
the person with information as regards seme payment is Walspring or Mrmann1. They have both used that route. Yes I live in the US

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.