Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783843 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by iamleye(m): 2:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
Yes I was issue I20, I av also paid my sevis fee, all about application has been done, am just waiting for my interview in two weeks
slimmy2005:
and you were issued I-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
MrMann1:

Thanks. It is also mandatory I have it before classes. Pls how did you go about the medical insurance.
For my school, you pay for the insurance along with your Tuition. You can't get alternative insurance, you only buy the one made available by the school.
I don't know how your own school do theirs.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by burga: 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
Hello gurus in d house, i need your help ooo, pleading o. last yr was denied f1 visa. Reapplied n ll b going for it nxt wk. Need someone to ask me questions nd i ll respond. Like an interview section? Just to know if i ve pprepared well enough. Thnx. pls u can inbox me ur numbers. Ll call you. Thanks again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
dannybrown19:

For my school, you pay for the insurance along with your Tuition. You can't get alternative insurance, you only buy the one made available by the school.
Ok... Thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by phatdon4u: 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
baodium:

I have sent it to you.

Goodluck smiley
Boss me sef want the template oo.. Biko..
---
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
burga:
Hello gurus in d house, i need your help ooo, pleading o. last yr was denied f1 visa. Reapplied n ll b going for it nxt wk. Need someone to ask me questions nd i ll respond. Like an interview section? Just to know if i ve pprepared well enough. Thnx. pls u can inbox me ur numbers. Ll call you. Thanks again.
Please post your former interview script first so that gurus here would help you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by trapezius: 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2016
Hello house, thanks for the good job. Please I don't know if any MPH student is on here or aspiring MPH student like myself. I av applied to two schools already and still waiting for the admission decision...I just feel like applying to one more school, so I would like suggestions on schl(s) with good international student admission rate that is still accepting application, which I can apply to. Thank you much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tunedhey: 6:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
Hello good people of nairaland, I hail una o.. Good luck to everyone looking to study abroad..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by princeade09: 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
Hello my good people, I hope everyone is fine, please I am planning to apply for undergraduate program at Minot state University, please does anyone knows about this University and is it possible to be admitted with only waec+transcript +toefl to undergraduate level? Pls I just want to hear something about the school it us in North Dakota if I am not mistaken
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Professor554: 8:03pm On Apr 13, 2016
good day everyone,

I have a question regarding my ds160. please in the place where one is asked about present employer information, what is one expected to fill there? student or other? and can I fill the school address and other details as my present employer? because I don't work here in nigeria.

regards!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olumide098(m): 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
dannybrown19:

You can get alternative health insurance. It's allowed. School insurance is much oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
Professor554:
good day everyone,

I have a question regarding my ds160. please in the place where one is asked about present employer information, what is one expected to fill there? student or other? and can I fill the school address and other details as my present employer? because I don't work here in nigeria.

regards!!

Where do you work?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olumide098(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2016
DeeTus:
Please post your former interview script first so that gurus here would help you.

A lot of reasons you have to check out the last question the VO asked you. Also which program did you applied for? Which school? What's your course?does it have a significant influence on what you are coming to do here in Yankee? How old are you? Do you have home ties? Do you do any standardized test? Please get back to the house for help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
olumide098:

You can get alternative health insurance. It's allowed. School insurance is much oo
That's depending on the school and state.
My school don't allow alternative health insurance, and the whole university in this state use one health insurance company.
It just seem like they signed an agreement with the company.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
princeade09:
Hello my good people, I hope everyone is fine, please I am planning to apply for undergraduate program at Minot state University, please does anyone knows about this University and is it possible to be admitted with only waec+transcript +toefl to undergraduate level? Pls I just want to hear something about the school it us in North Dakota if I am not mistaken
You can be admitted into Minot state university with that, but the transcript is not necessary.
You are good to go with Waec + TOEFL + SAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by burga: 11:02pm On Apr 13, 2016
DeeTus:
Visa denied yesterday at u.s embassy (lagos)
Transcript
Me- good morning
Vo- good morning
Me- how re u doing?
Vo- fine, thnx
Vo-hope u listened to previous interviews.
Me-yes
Vo- so u know that one of the questions i ll b asking u, is y did u chose d specific school
Me - yes
Vo- y did u chose msu
Me- becuz d school has a safe environment, tuition affordable, classroom small to enable better interaction btw tutor nd students.
Vo- so it seems u were interested in d safety, what's d crime nd murder rate in d sch state
Me- very low
Vo-you must ve rehearsedur ans in d mirror
Me- no
Vo- wots d percentage?
Me- no specific percentage but its very low,
Vo - dere ought to b, u cant chose a sch becuz of safety?
Vo- how did u know abt d sch?
Me-extensive research using usnews.com, Princetonreview.com. etc
Vo- in wch region of u.s is d state of ur sch located
Me- northern
Vo- whats d name of border d state of ur sch?
Me - manitoba(not sure)
Vo-did u writed English exam?
Me- yes
Vo- sorry ur visa cant b approved at this time blablabla
Pls gurus in d house what do u think about d vo nnd my ans? am suppose to resume jan, but.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
burga:
Transcript
Me- good morning
Vo- good morning
Me- how re u doing?
Vo- fine, thnx
Me-yes
Vo- so u know that one of the questions i ll b asking u, is y did u chose d specific school
Me - yes
Vo- y did u chose msu
Me- becuz d school has a safe environment, tuition affordable, classroom small to enable better interaction btw tutor nd students.
Vo- so it seems u were interested in d safety, what's d crime nd murder rate in d sch state
Me- very low
Me- no
Vo- wots d percentage?
Me- northern
Me - manitoba(not sure)
Me- yes
Pls gurus in d house what do u think about d vo nnd my ans? am suppose to resume jan, but.....
Sorry about your denial. You will get it right next time. Your reasons for chosen MSU weren't convincing enough.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
burga:
Transcript

Lemme just give you something to read before the really experienced guys come to comment on your transcript. From the conversation, it's obvious you were the architect of the way your interview went. I'm sure the VO didn't plan to ask you those following questions , but because you said you chose that school for security reasons, he was as shocked as I am now and he decided to sample you whether you know wetin you dey talk and treat your fcukk up if e happen say you no know. To choose one school out of all the universities in a state or the entire U.S FOR SECURITY REASONS, it means you're really really picky and know sooo much about the crime/insecurity there. He expected you to have made proper research on that topic and better answers to the questions that followed would have let him think you're one heck of an intelligent fellow.

Imagine an answer like: you've been to Spain, your friends were regularly attacked by Spanish guys, constantly abused by racists, people threatening with guns all over the place, hence your decision to choose a school in an area where you thought you would be less exposed to similar stuff. The VO for know say, well at least you know wetin you dey talk. Na just example I give o.

Your inability to answer the questions made him think: well, this one just prepared a sequence of answers and he has no clue about what he's saying. Like I always say, this is just my opinion... it could be very stupid, wrong and waaaaaayyyy off the mark, but from all you wrote here... that's what I think.

Disclaimer: I never go interview for yankee embassy before so make I no talk wetin I no know lol. My opinion na just as my brain think am.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sharlorhm(m): 12:00am On Apr 14, 2016
biikeys:

Way to go!
Thanks bruh

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sharlorhm(m): 12:01am On Apr 14, 2016
don4ye:

Community school ?
Yes, am Here on immigrant visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sharlorhm(m): 12:01am On Apr 14, 2016
don4ye:

Contact warriboy21 .. That is what he is studying
How can l contact him?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 14, 2016
Hello guys, pls what will a 4.07 / 5.0 cgpa be on a 4.0 us scale ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by angel34real(f): 4:07am On Apr 14, 2016
temi4fash:

Do you mind.. I wanna send you a pm

You can go ahead.......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Faraidi(m): 4:21am On Apr 14, 2016
where can someone write TOEFL or IELTS. exam.And how much is the fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:43am On Apr 14, 2016
olumide098:

Not all schools accept that. Some schools allow you get your own insurance. But most schools are already bought by these insurance company who make it mandatory for all international students.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dfhfd9: 5:00am On Apr 14, 2016
Thanks for update but didn't get the exact news.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olumide098(m): 5:11am On Apr 14, 2016
Sincerely VO mind is always negative towards applicant. the only point you can use to kill interview is why the school? as an Applicant you have a lot of work to do regards to the question, you just need to prove to VO that you are fully aware of the school, you make the VO believe that you know the school very well. why the school? you have to make proper research and bring out one or two unique reasons or advantage the school have over others. All schools in USA re safe and secured. no point you telling VO about safety and next time try and give VO a specific lower rate for him or her to believe that you are current on what you are proving..not just too low...if something is low definitely it will have a figure. don't worry sharply apply..they will give you your two years now

burga:
Transcript
Me- good morning
Vo- good morning
Me- how re u doing?
Vo- fine, thnx
Me-yes
Me - yes
Vo- y did u chose msu
Me- very low
Me- no
Vo- wots d percentage?
Me- northern
Me - manitoba(not sure)
Me- yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 14, 2016
Good morning house,

Please I need you guys to help me clarify something.

Do you US schools accept certified true copies of transcripts from notary public? I have an original copy of my transcript but cannot send that to them and even if I go to apply for another transcript from my school, what they will give me will still be photocopy,stamped and signed by our deputy registrar.

And I need to send my transcript ASAP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 7:53am On Apr 14, 2016
elnino2015:

Do you US schools accept certified true copies of transcripts from notary public? I have an original copy of my transcript but cannot send that to them and even if I go to apply for another transcript from my school, what they will give me will still be photocopy,stamped and signed by our deputy registrar.
And I need to send my transcript ASAP.

Any answer here will only be people guessing!!!
You must contact you school and ask them, then you will have FACTS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 8:12am On Apr 14, 2016
burga:
Transcript
Me- good morning
Vo- good morning
Me- how re u doing?
Vo- fine, thnx
Me-yes
Me - yes
Vo- y did u chose msu
Me- very low
Me- no
Vo- wots d percentage?
Me- northern
Me - manitoba(not sure)
Me- yes

You Jan 2017? Or 2016? If it is Jan 2017 , you need to remember 120 days rule

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 8:17am On Apr 14, 2016
sharlorhm:

How can l contact him?

Pm him, he will respond...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lionlee216(m): 8:21am On Apr 14, 2016
don4ye:

Pm him, he will respond...

sent you a pm

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.