Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (785487 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 6:11am On Apr 17, 2016
RickyRozay:
Whats up my people. it's been ages. just checking..............

Mr Swagger! The boss of Minnesota! Nice to have you back on here! cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by mrchemist(m): 8:11am On Apr 17, 2016
Good Day, Happy Sunday. I'm Allison graduate of chemistry. Work with Lagos State Ministry as Teacher for 4yrs . I m 31yrs I want to Apply for Nursing degree in North Carolina. Please What is the process of getting admission and Visa. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 17, 2016
mrchemist:
Good Day, Happy Sunday. I'm Allison graduate of chemistry. Work with Lagos State Ministry as Teacher for 4yrs . I m 31yrs I want to Apply for Nursing degree in North Carolina. Please What is the process of getting admission and Visa. Thanks
For you to have chosen NC, meaning you have a mission. My advice for you is to apply for masters and nursing, then use masters to get visa and when you get here you can transfer. If you have a degree in education that would be good too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by soulhighman(m): 9:09am On Apr 17, 2016
gunther6:

So after 4 rejects I got into MA Applied Economics Illinois State and PhD Economics MTSU, I applied Mid-March after receiving barrage of rejects. I was not offered funding, I was told to apply for GA/TA/RA/AA at Illinois State and to check back by 18th April at MTSU should anyone reject funding or chose to go someplace else(basically waitlisted). Moral of the story is spread your risk and apply early, I applied to only top 50 schools in my field initially and got rejected by them all. I am looking forward to hearing back from the schools regarding funding and will post updates here.

SideBar : If you want to register TOEFL, I was supposed to write one to improve my speaking scores but I could not test due to network issues. I was issued a VOUCHER by ETS. I am not upto any exam at this point and the voucher is for sale at a very good deal for a forum member. PM me
Good day bros.
I am thinking of applying to earn my masters degree in Biotechnology abroad. I do not have the funds to do so. But I had been hoping I could win a scholarship to study abroad. To achieve this I spent my nysc allowance on getting international passport and taking the ielts test, where I scored 7.5. But so far, since I have been applying for scholarships, I have not won any.
Recently, someone advised me to apply for usa student visa, stating that its cheap and that i can deffere admisiion when I get there and then work to earn some money and pay my school fees.
I would like to know whether the above is true and how easy it is. Also, I could see you were talking about funding by the schools, please tell me how to go about it. And what are my chances of getting a teaching assitant appointment. I graduated with a first class degree in microbiology and would like to bag my masters degree in biotechnology. Urgent reply needed please.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ehimax(m): 10:22am On Apr 17, 2016
Good day all, I've been following this tread not too faithfully because of work, it's been quite tough working to save up money for this US student pursuit. We have a lot of knowledgeable people in this forum. I went to enquire what it will cost to have my MSc application in the US kick started by a travel agency and the money involved was something else. I really need you guys to lead me through the process because you guys have always encourage everyone in this forum to do it by them self. I finish with 2-1 in microbiology, my project was published in the Amerian journal of microbiology but I was stated as the co-author. I currently work with a multinational company, can all this influence my chances in getting a Visa. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gunther6(m): 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2016
soulhighman:

Good day bros.
I am thinking of applying to earn my masters degree in Biotechnology abroad. I do not have the funds to do so. But I had been hoping I could win a scholarship to study abroad. To achieve this I spent my nysc allowance on getting international passport and taking the ielts test, where I scored 7.5. But so far, since I have been applying for scholarships, I have not won any.
Recently, someone advised me to apply for usa student visa, stating that its cheap and that i can deffere admisiion when I get there and then work to earn some money and pay my school fees.
I would like to know whether the above is true and how easy it is. Also, I could see you were talking about funding by the schools, please tell me how to go about it. And what are my chances of getting a teaching assitant appointment. I graduated with a first class degree in microbiology and would like to bag my masters degree in biotechnology. Urgent reply needed please.

With your first class you are nearly halfway there, write GRE and start hunting for schools... Write the graduate advisor and watch out for deadlines. If you are hoping for funding now is a good time to start your application for Spring 2017. I wish you all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gunther6(m): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ehimax:
Good day all, I've been following this tread not too faithfully because of work, it's been quite tough working to save up money for this US student pursuit. We have a lot of knowledgeable people in this forum. I went to enquire what it will cost to have my MSc application in the US kick started by a travel agency and the money involved was something else. I really need you guys to lead me through the process because you guys have always encourage everyone in this forum to do it by them self. I finish with 2-1 in microbiology, my project was published in the Amerian journal of microbiology but I was stated as the co-author. I currently work with a multinational company, can all this influence my chances in getting a Visa. Thanks for your anticipated response.

The cardinal rule here is not to use an agency, trust me you'll be dodging a bullet

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2016
soulhighman:

Good day bros.
Hi Soulhighman,
From my meagre knowledge about funding in the US, most schools in the US offer funding in the form of GA (full/partial). You'll have to write GRE and ace it , then apply to schools.
Dem gurus go advice you better.
P.S. I had my first degree in Mcb and I intend to apply for MS/PhD in Biotechnology God willing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
Dos who wants to send some few dollars back home Forget about worldremit for now and use ping-express.while world remit send at 193/$. De send at d blackmarket rate.. 305 to 1dolar....
E make sense die

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by monsieur2016(m): 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2016
Slimmy, can I send u a mail?

slimmy2005:
For you to have chosen NC, meaning you have a mission. My advice for you is to apply for masters and nursing, then use masters to get visa and when you get here you can transfer. If you have a degree in education that would be good too

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
warriboy21:
Dos who wants to send some few dollars back home Forget about worldremit for now and use ping-express.while world remit send at 193/$. De send at d blackmarket rate.. 305 to 1dolar....
E make sense die
Have you tried the ping-express before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
Pls any ETSU chemistry graduate student here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hello house, my i20 will be delivered tomorrow by dhl,i sent it to my home address but i wont be at home to receive it.. I want to know if they'll drop it with whoever they meet at home?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dickoflife(m): 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
angel34real:

I got mine via going from one office to the other!
thanks. You are a darling... Anybody in grand Valley state uni, michigan here?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by klawaaa: 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2016
why not also try schools in Canada? That will increase you chances
Ehimax:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by klawaaa: 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
since you have a 1st class, why not try apply to schools in Canada and choose thesis route. Rgds
soulhighman:

Good day bros.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2016
warriboy21:
E make sense die

Have you used it personally?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by anikemoses(m): 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
bbdd:

i used it 3weeks ago,it is very secure,u have to attach ur international passport or any govt issued ID here(driver livens or state ID), also a selfie of u..it takes about 15mins to be verified after which ur profile status will read "identification verification complete"... U can then start making transfers,u can't send more than $995 per transaction,it will be debited on ur debit card which is attached to ur American account..the good thing about it is that once u send funds,they will send u an email which u will enter ur full name and signature to attest to the fact that ur the one making the transaction,once done,the funds reflects in the recipient's account instantly..its secure if u ask me..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
bbdd:

Yes na... It takes less dan 5mins.. N d pesin receives it dia account.... Like 17dollar was 5k...

Dis is beta Dan stupid western union sending at.. 193

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 6:28pm On Apr 17, 2016
bbdd:

Yeah been using for 1month now..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ehimax:
Yes it can. You had a good profile. But are you ready to write GRE? You would need to take a standardized test so you can up your profile and meet most schools requirements.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2016
monsieur2016:
Slimmy, can I send u a mail?

sure you can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
why so much documentation undecided, Transfast sends at 260 and it seems safe and prompt
anikemoses:
i used it 3weeks ago,it is very secure,u have to attach ur international passport or any govt issued ID here(driver livens or state ID), also a selfie of u..it takes about 15mins to be verified after which ur profile status will read "identification verification complete"... U can then start making transfers,u can't send more than $995 per transaction,it will be debited on ur debit card which is attached to ur American account..the good thing about it is that once u send funds,they will send u an email which u will enter ur full name and signature to attest to the fact that ur the one making the transaction,once done,the funds reflects in the recipient's account instantly..its secure if u ask me..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
amanze15:
why so much documentation undecided, Transfast sends at 260 and it seems safe and prompt
260 compared to 305

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2016
slimmy2005:
260 compared to 305
45 naira i go see as e be
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ehimax(m): 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
klawaaa:
since you have a 1st class, why not try apply to schools in Canada and choose thesis route. Rgds

Thanks for your reply, I forgot to add that I also have travel experience. The problem I have with Canadian schools is the part that you need to pay the required school fee 1st b4 you can be considered for visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ehimax(m): 7:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
slimmy2005:
Yes it can. You had a good profile. But are you ready to write GRE? You would need to take a standardized test so you can up your profile and meet most schools requirements.

Thanks for your reply, I have some materials as way back as 2013 for gre exam (Barron) I don know if it is still valid or should sort for other materials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ehimax(m): 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
gunther6:

The cardinal rule here is not to use an agency, trust me you'll be dodging a bullet

Thanks for your reply, the process may not be as easy as you think for novice like me. I don't want to make any mistake as it can jeopardise my chances, is it ok I get your number so you can always put me tru at every step. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
amanze15:
45 naira i go see as e be

45 x 400
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ehimax:

Thanks for your reply, I have some materials as way back as 2013 for gre exam (Barron) I don know if it is still valid or should sort for other materials.
There are several updated materials you can use. If you reside in Lagos you can look around, I'm sure they do sell it at either Yaba or Ikeja. I would advice you write the GRE and get a good score. Admission process is not rocket science, you can do it yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy nwanna owo na sa men now, i go sha try am.
slimmy2005:
45 x 400
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2016
slimmy2005:
45 x 400
how have been? being a while

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.