Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784975 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by unclev: 8:22am On Apr 14, 2016
Please can anyone throw some light on immunization? Are immunizations done in the US or they have to be done here in Nigeria before departure?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 8:23am On Apr 14, 2016
lionlee216:

sent you a pm

Replied

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 9:22am On Apr 14, 2016
burga:
Visa denied yesterday at u.s embassy (lagos)
Transcript
Me- good morning
Vo- good morning
Me- how re u doing?
Vo- fine, thnx
Vo-hope u listened to previous interviews.
Me-yes
Vo- so u know that one of the questions i ll b asking u, is y did u chose d specific school
Me - yes
Vo- y did u chose msu
Me- becuz d school has a safe environment, tuition affordable, classroom small to enable better interaction btw tutor nd students.
Vo- so it seems u were interested in d safety, what's d crime nd murder rate in d sch state
Me- very low
Vo-you must ve rehearsedur ans in d mirror
Me- no
Vo- wots d percentage?
Me- no specific percentage but its very low,
Vo - dere ought to b, u cant chose a sch becuz of safety?
Vo- how did u know abt d sch?
Me-extensive research using usnews.com, Princetonreview.com. etc
Vo- in wch region of u.s is d state of ur sch located
Me- northern
Vo- whats d name of border d state of ur sch?
Me - manitoba(not sure)
Vo-did u writed English exam?
Me- yes
Vo- sorry ur visa cant b approved at this time blablabla
Pls gurus in d house what do u think about d vo nnd my ans? am suppose to resume jan, but.....

When next the VO asked you why you chose the school, you need to tell him/her of your interests about the school, the school rating in that region, the course they offer and researches ongoing in your chosen department and how interested you are in the research and how it will help your academic knowledge. Better luck next time. Please read plenty transcripts on previous pages and threads.
Kudos to the gurus that have been constantly helping out here. JahBless. sureb0y I always feel your responses here so valid and on point.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2016
Guitarlife:
Hello guys, pls what will a 4.07 / 5.0 cgpa be on a 4.0 us scale ?
Pls help with this...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 9:33am On Apr 14, 2016
burga:
Visa denied yesterday at u.s embassy (lagos)

Me- becuz d school has a safe environment, tuition affordable, classroom small to enable better interaction btw tutor nd students.

Things here for many to learn from!
We have repeatedly warned people about giving replies that they have over practiced.
The moment that you start one of these speeches it is very clear that you are not using a normal conversation voice.
The visa officer will instantly suspect that your statement is not real.

In this case the visa officer reads through the words "Tuition affordable)
This means that you picked the cheapest school that you could find!

Applying for Jan? ? ? Most schools start after summer shutdown, not Jan 2017, what is going on here.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 14, 2016
olumide098:
Sincerely VO mind is always negative towards applicant. the only point you can use to kill interview is why the school? as an Applicant you have a lot of work to do regards to the question, you just need to prove to VO that you are fully aware of the school, you make the VO believe that you know the school very well. why the school? you have to make proper research and bring out one or two unique reasons or advantage the school have over others. All schools in USA re safe and secured. no point you telling VO about safety and next time try and give VO a specific lower rate for him or her to believe that you are current on what you are proving..not just too low...if something is low definitely it will have a figure. don't worry sharply apply..they will give you your two years now

They aren't really biased. Only want to make sure they issue visa to the right people.

Notwithstanding though, the US need you more to make their economy much stronger but unfortunately our countrymen don't imbibe this attitude which is quite unfortunate.

Do you know that the US Embassy approve F1 visas so easily when they see the number of candidates had reduced?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 14, 2016
worry359:

We have repeatedly warned people about giving replies that they have over practiced.
The moment that you start one of these speeches it is very clear that you are not using a normal conversation voice.

Applying for Jan? ? ? Most schools start after summer shutdown, not Jan 2017, what is going on here.
"Tuition affordability" is okay. There's nothing wrong with it. While he or she talks about that, you have to also intelligently make a comparism on quality. Just like buying a new car, you know?

The VO was only disappointed when he talked about security. Meaning if the US schools in not really safe, why does he want to go to America then? You got my drift, right?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fctftfyh: 10:19am On Apr 14, 2016
Already checked. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 10:27am On Apr 14, 2016
sharlorhm:

How can l contact him?
warriboy is studying information technology not cyber security
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by halidaf: 10:36am On Apr 14, 2016
DeeTus:
They aren't really biased. Only want to make sure they issue visa to the right people.

Notwithstanding though, the US need you more to make their economy much stronger but unfortunately our countrymen don't imbibe this attitude which is quite unfortunate.

Do you know that the US Embassy approve F1 visas so easily when they see the number of candidates had reduced?
when they see numbers of applicants have reduced like the way we have lesser applicants for summer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by unclev: 12:40pm On Apr 14, 2016
Please can anyone throw some light on immunization? Are immunizations done in the US or they have to be done here in Nigeria before departure. Plz I need ur response asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2016
MrMann1:

When next the VO asked you why you chose the school, you need to tell him/her of your interests about the school, the school rating in that region, the course they offer and researches ongoing in your chosen department and how interested you are in the research and how it will help your academic knowledge. Better luck next time. Please read plenty transcripts on previous pages and threads.
Kudos to the gurus that have been constantly helping out here. JahBless. sureb0y I always feel your responses here so valid and on point.

This is frustrating! I can't believe a member of this thread can reel out those answers. We are spoon feeding members here and making them lazy.

We answer them real time and just help in dissuading them from research. The VOs are beginning to see through them.

We should encourage them to read a full part of USA travelling before running down here for questions. With the tons of transcripts here, no one shud mess up interview session as he did! Am sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by worry359(m): 4:18pm On Apr 14, 2016
Mayflowa:

The VOs are beginning to see through them.

You are quite correct and I have raised this point before.

Even this V.O. said " You have practised in front of a mirror"
Why do people try to use long words and complicated phrases learn from web sites instead of a simple, truthful answer in their own voice.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
Mayflowa:

This is frustrating! I can't believe a member of this thread can reel out those answers. We are spoon feeding members here and making them lazy.

We answer them real time and just help in dissuading them from research. The VOs are beginning to see through them.

We should encourage them to read a full part of USA travelling before running down here for questions. With the tons of transcripts here, no one shud mess up interview session as he did! Am sad
You are right. He messed up. I hope he will be able to learn from his errors.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 14, 2016
halidaf:
when they see numbers of applicants have reduced like the way we have lesser applicants for summer?
Yes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 4:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
Goosshh,that feeling you go through when a school rejects you. Meehhnn it can be so frustrating. Four applications,one down.. Three to go. Oluwa na ur hand I dey oooo. Haven't been myself though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AgreatMan: 5:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
Guitarlife:
Pls help with this...

If you have your transcript, you can google WEE IGPA converter n use it for free. It will give you a rough idea. I think you should be around 3.34 but your last 60 credit hours might just turbo-charge you to 3.5 something.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by HOTWATER(m): 9:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
Hi Guys, those of you having issues paying sevis fee , wants to receive or send money between the US and Nigeria can reach out to me. I will do my best to assist you. My little way of given back to the forum that has assisted me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by burga: 10:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
don4ye:

You Jan 2017? Or 2016? If it is Jan 2017 , you need to remember 120 days rule
It 7days rule for F1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by burga: 11:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
olumide098:

A lot of reasons you have to check out the last question the VO asked you. Also which program did you applied for? Which school? What's your course?does it have a significant influence on what you are coming to do here in Yankee? How old are you? Do you have home ties? Do you do any standardized test? Please get back to the house for help
Sch-msu
Prog - bsc nursing
Age-28
Test- TOEFL
Educatnal Qualification -reg nurse, registered psychiatric nurse.
Thnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by burga: 11:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
worry359:

It happenef last yr dec, supposed to resume 5/01/2016. So had to defer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 11:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
burga:

It 7days rule for F1

To appear before VO? 120 days prior to your resumption na..

Which one is 7 days pls tell me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 6:07am On Apr 15, 2016
elnino2015:
Good morning house,

Please I need you guys to help me clarify something.

Do you US schools accept certified true copies of transcripts from notary public? I have an original copy of my transcript but cannot send that to them and even if I go to apply for another transcript from my school, what they will give me will still be photocopy,stamped and signed by our deputy registrar.

And I need to send my transcript ASAP.
It depends on the school you apply to, some schools accept scan copy while some accept original copy send directly from your undergraduate institution, therefore you will have to contact the school to know the one they accept.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 6:11am On Apr 15, 2016
unclev:
Please can anyone throw some light on immunization? Are immunizations done in the US or they have to be done here in Nigeria before departure?
If your school request for it, It's better you do in nigeria before you come US

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 6:14am On Apr 15, 2016
fizzile:
Goosshh,that feeling you go through when a school rejects you. Meehhnn it can be so frustrating. Four applications,one down.. Three to go. Oluwa na ur hand I dey oooo. Haven't been myself though.
You still have 3 left bro..... All d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 6:17am On Apr 15, 2016
slimmy2005:
Mr., leave your relative and face your business with your school.
LOL... Adigun
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 15, 2016
The much awaited April 15 is here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Bleuocean: 10:30am On Apr 15, 2016
P

PLS who knows the banks that gives PTA (Personal Travel Allowance) without much delay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Adekita123(m): 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
unclev:
Please can anyone throw some light on immunization? Are immunizations done in the US or they have to be done here in Nigeria before departure. Plz I need ur response asap
Will suggest you wait till you get to school before receiving your vaccines for free as all insurance packages are mandated to cover preventive services including immunizations for free.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by drealsheggs: 1:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hello House, The 120days rule! please will it start counting from the day the student receives his/her I-20 form by courier?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dicapino: 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hello Yankee dudes. Got a friend he his admitted to Florida institute of technology. Still processing assistanship...from the school. He is worried of accommodation.

Is there any one on here who schools in FL. I think it's the Melbourne area....

Any person that knows some1......anyone.....thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 2:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
Holudarey01:
The much awaited April 15 is here.

I wish u all d best.. Good news is yours

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.