Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (784530 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 17, 2016
amanze15:
how have been? being a while
I'm good and you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gunther6(m): 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2016
Ehimax:

Thanks for your reply, the process may not be as easy as you think for novice like me. I don't want to make any mistake as it can jeopardise my chances, is it ok I get your number so you can always put me tru at every step. Thanks

I don't think that will be a problem but before you do read through this thread at least from Part 5.... Then make up your mind if you still want it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by amanze15(m): 9:20pm On Apr 17, 2016
slimmy2005:
I'm good and you?
i am fine sir, managing cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by don4ye: 9:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
halidaf:
Hello house, my i20 will be delivered tomorrow by dhl,i sent it to my home address but i wont be at home to receive it.. I want to know if they'll drop it with whoever they meet at home?

DHL will first call u that u have letter, from dia u can tell dem how u want to collect it since u are not around. I am not sure if de will drop it to 3rd party.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by soulhighman(m): 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2016
gunther6:

With your first class you are nearly halfway there, write GRE and start hunting for schools... Write the graduate advisor and watch out for deadlines. If you are hoping for funding now is a good time to start your application for Spring 2017. I wish you all the best.
Thanks a lot, I was thinking funding is only available for fall. As for the GRE, I plan to write as early as possible with a personal target of 330, I believe that should help. Once again, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 17, 2016
soulhighman:

Thanks a lot, I was thinking funding is only available for fall. As for the GRE, I plan to write as early as possible with a personal target of 330, I believe that should help. Once again, thanks.
Fall is usually the best time for funding, so aim towards Fall,2017. So start now, early application helps. US is most times first come first serve basis, if you can put your application in this year I am sure you should get decision before April 2017. I would advice you not to be in a rush.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by soulhighman(m): 10:12pm On Apr 17, 2016
Jumybecks:

Hi Soulhighman,
From my meagre knowledge about funding in the US, most schools in the US offer funding in the form of GA (full/partial). You'll have to write GRE and ace it , then apply to schools.
Dem gurus go advice you better.
P.S. I had my first degree in Mcb and I intend to apply for MS/PhD in Biotechnology God willing.
Thanks for the info, and I'm glad to hear from someone who shares same interest with me. Which school are you from pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by soulhighman(m): 10:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
klawaaa:
since you have a 1st class, why not try apply to schools in Canada and choose thesis route. Rgds
Schools in canada requires that one pays 50% tuition fee. I dont have money at all and everything I've been doing so far had been through self funding. I appreciate your contribution a lot bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by soulhighman(m): 10:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
slimmy2005:
Fall is usually the best time for funding, so aim towards Fall,2017. So start now, early application helps. US is most times first come first serve basis, if you can put your application in this year I am sure you should get decision before April 2017. I would advice you not to be in a rush.
Thanks, I think I will settle for fall, write my GRE around september and submit all my applications before mid November. I plan to apply to top ranked schools, mid/low ranked schools and even unranked schools in the US, so far they have funding. I think by the time I apply to 10 schools, I should insha Allah get a positive response from them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
soulhighman:

Thanks, I think I will settle for fall, write my GRE around september and submit all my applications before mid November. I plan to apply to top ranked schools, mid/low ranked schools and even unranked schools in the US, so far they have funding. I think by the time I apply to 10 schools, I should insha Allah get a positive response from them.
See, you already have an idea of how it works. Its time to start searching for schools you would like to apply. Would you like to consider PhD application? If you have the money for application fees and transcript, I would advice you apply to not less than 6 schools to be on a safe side. When you're done streamlining schools, you can post them here for critique or simply write out your profile so people can probably drop one or two schools for you. www.msinus.com and www.usnews.com

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lionlee216(m): 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
soulhighman:

that's d spirit. u can check European schools too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
soulhighman:

You are on the right path, bro. Aim for PhD programs and spread your risks if you score at least 320 on the GRE. I am sure you will get into a good program.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by RickyRozay: 1:24am On Apr 18, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Mr Swagger! The boss of Minnesota! Nice to have you back on here! cheesy

Lol, My Oga at the top. I'm Proud of you. Still holding this thread down and keeping it alive. Bigfrancis, the King of Maryland. cheesy cheesy

Respect man!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by hardeorlah: 1:54am On Apr 18, 2016
[quote author=dannybrown19 post=44787035] Have you tried the ping-express before?[/quote

I have tried it and in less than 3hrs the recipient received the money.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by exxy(m): 2:25am On Apr 18, 2016
bigfrancis21:

You could also check out emirates. They often have very cheap flights from naija to US. http://fly4.emirates.com
ok boss, thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bartino: 4:38am On Apr 18, 2016
Shout out to men that matters in the house. Oga slimmy, Amanze. I am loyal!!!! It's being a while bosses them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:55am On Apr 18, 2016
bartino:
Shout out to men that matters in the house. Oga slimmy, Amanze. I am loyal!!!! It's being a while bosses them
How are you doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 18, 2016
soulhighman:

Thanks for the info, and I'm glad to hear from someone who shares same interest with me. Which school are you from pls?
OAU...... you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 11:37am On Apr 18, 2016
Who has used Western Union to send to US recently. What rate were you charged?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2016
Pls, I need an advice. I am a computer sc major, I have flair for database, now that I am attending tsu this fall semester, is it wise to start my love for database administration by purusing Msc Management Information Systems, i seem it is more primarily focused on business decisions using information systems unlike computer sc that play with networks, database, programming...

My admission is computer sc. which is college of science, while MIS is at school of business.
Pls guys, is it wise to switch dept and how can I go about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by gunther6(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
gunther6:

So after 4 rejects I got into MA Applied Economics Illinois State and PhD Economics MTSU, I applied Mid-March after receiving barrage of rejects. I was not offered funding, I was told to apply for GA/TA/RA/AA at Illinois State and to check back by 18th April at MTSU should anyone reject funding or chose to go someplace else(basically waitlisted). Moral of the story is spread your risk and apply early, I applied to only top 50 schools in my field initially and got rejected by them all. I am looking forward to hearing back from the schools regarding funding and will post updates here.

SideBar : If you want to register TOEFL, I was supposed to write one to improve my speaking scores but I could not test due to network issues. I was issued a VOUCHER by ETS. I am not upto any exam at this point and the voucher is for sale at a very good deal for a forum member. PM me

The Voucher for TOEFL registration is available for 35k, seriously non negotiable... That is 22k less what i paid for it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
gunther6:

The Voucher for TOEFL registration is available for 35k, seriously non negotiable... That is 22k less what i paid for it
Not a bad price. It's cheaper

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2016
MrMann1:
Pls, I need an advice. I am a computer sc major, I have flair for database, now that I am attending tsu this fall semester, is it wise to start my love for database administration by purusing Msc Management Information Systems, i seem it is more primarily focused on business decisions using information systems unlike computer sc that play with networks, database, programming...

My admission is computer sc. which is college of science, while MIS is at school of business.
Pls guys, is it wise to switch dept and how can I go about it.
Do what you have passion for and you will smile later. Nigeria still lack many technocrats.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 2:33pm On Apr 18, 2016
DeeTus:
Do what you have passion for and you will smile later. Nigeria still lack many technocrats.
Thanks DeeTus. My worry now is how possible is it to switch, cos I already have admission letter and i20 where computer science is already shown as my major. Do I need to wait till I get there, or is it something that can be done from here. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
MrMann1:

Thanks DeeTus. My worry now is how possible is it to switch, cos I already have admission letter and i20 where computer science is already shown as my major. Do I need to wait till I get there, or is it something that can be done from here. Thanks
First thing first, go to the school official website to see if you could find something about "change of major".

Have you gotten visa yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2016
Couldn't stay away too long. You guys are still part of my NL family.

Visa approved today. Transcript within 24hrs.

Thanks to every single one of you guys for your help.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 18, 2016
Fortissimo:
Couldn't stay away too long. You guys are still part of my NL family.

Visa approved today. Transcript within 24hrs.

Thanks to every single one of you guys for your help.

Congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 18, 2016
MrMann1:

You would have to reapply and be considered for that dept. before you can transfer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
DeeTus:
First thing first, go to the school official website to see if you could find something about "change of major".

Have you gotten visa yet?

I have been ransacking the school website, I will do as you say. Yes I have visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jeninial: 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hello gurus in d houz, I attended an exhibition and register with a school called adelphi university they say I will do a pre-masters b4 MBA. Pls wanna know if am on track cos I've not heard about the school. Thanks all for your reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MrMann1(m): 5:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
slimmy2005:
You would have to reapply and be considered for that dept. before you can transfer

Really? I have sent an email to admissions office about my intention. I await their response. I think you might be right tho. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2016
MrMann1:

Really? I have sent an email to admissions office about my intention. I await their response. I think you might be right tho. Thanks
Lol, master admission is not undergraduate where you can just change like that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.