Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1039874 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chichi89(f): 10:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
[quote author=Shyee post=38313733][/quote] sorry what post did you quote?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2015
Oyin18:
@thesoj what school are you in or applying to
Lol

@soj na baba oh. grin

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
anybody in memorial university here?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
@ shollay2011 please what course are you studying at univeristy of Manitoba ,I need help applying .thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 11:51pm On Sep 23, 2015
Oyin18:
@ shollay2011 please what course are you studying at univeristy of Manitoba ,I need help applying .thanks
Agribusiness and Agricultural economics.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 11:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
Sorry to hear about your plight. What program are you applying to? What are your research interests?
It could be that the structure of your email doesn't properly address what they are looking for. You probably have some of the experience they need but you need to market yourself to them.

For a research statement, you can find samples online or through university libraries. You'll need to identify a subject area & then identify a question you would like to find an answer to, that'll be the basis for your research statement.

Sjvictor21:
Hello NairaLanders,

Please i need help, I have sent close to 30 mails to different professors all around schools in Canada, asking if any of them can supervise me. Most of them end up telling me that they need students with extensive research experience, or students that can apply for external funding. Please biko, how do i go about this? I am a final year medical student, where am i suppose to get such experience? or does this have to do with the way i write my emails? Some of the professors do not even bother to reply me. Another question is that, how do i write a research statement for heaven's sake. This is getting frustrating. Please kindly help.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lonzo(m): 12:40am On Sep 24, 2015
Hello House

This Part of the form where it says

cost of studies will be
tuitiion room and board other

my expenses in canada will be paid by

myself
parents
other

which is more applicable since my sponsor is is my mom and co sponsor my uncle ?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 9:29am On Sep 24, 2015
Hello
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 24, 2015
sholay2011:
Agribusiness and Agricultural economics.
pls I need help too. I wanna apply to Manitoba. can I pm u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by iykedare(m): 10:55am On Sep 24, 2015
Can anyone outline the cons and pros of online and paper mode of applying for visa?
It will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Lexo22(m): 11:42am On Sep 24, 2015
EmmaMsc:

Hello, to answer your second question.
You dont apply separately for a TRV. What you apply for is a Study Permit. But citizens of some countries (Nigeria is one of such) requires a visa as well as a study permit to enter Canada. Hence when you apply for a study permit, a TRV is automatically issued to you if you qualify.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

please dear, form IMM1294E & IMM5257B couldn't load in my system, what do I do?

thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
Please answer me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bonen(f): 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
Dear Nairalanders I sincerely need your good advise. My husband and I have decided to send our 15 year old almost 16 in October to Canada to a boarding school / university preparation school as he just finished his SSCE. Because his a minor the school advised that one of us should apply along with him, we had planned the both of us but we have 3 younger children and after reading this thread I think it is better one applys, it is to drop him off at the school and turn back. Tuition has been paid, the school appointed a guardian and we have all the documents, property, tenants agreement for our property balance on SOA is above 30m.... My question is who should go. I am not currently working so I am scared they will use it against me, although we travel yearly abroad as a family so hopefully won't be rejected on travel history, On the other hand my husband has a coma with a US refusal in 2011, I am worried that this will affect his chances. Because if he is refused I am worried of my don going to school alone, although the school has said that they will pick him at the airport...me or my husband who do you think is more likely to be refused. God bless as you answer.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
I'll say you should apply. The fact that you're not working shouldn't be a problem. You are a stay at home mom & that is your home tie: the fact that you'll come back to care of your other 3 children.

All the best.

bonen:
Dear Nairalanders I sincerely need your good advise. My husband and I have decided to send our 15 year old almost 16 in October to Canada to a boarding school / university preparation school as he just finished his SSCE. Because his a minor the school advised that one of us should apply along with him, we had planned the both of us but we have 3 younger children and after reading this thread I think it is better one applys, it is to drop him off at the school and turn back. Tuition has been paid, the school appointed a guardian and we have all the documents, property, tenants agreement for our property balance on SOA is above 30m.... My question is who should go. I am not currently working so I am scared they will use it against me, although we travel yearly abroad as a family so hopefully won't be rejected on travel history, On the other hand my husband has a coma with a US refusal in 2011, I am worried that this will affect his chances. Because if he is refused I am worried of my don going to school alone, although the school has said that they will pick him at the airport...me or my husband who do you think is more likely to be refused. God bless as you answer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by detutu1: 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
detutu1:
Hello house! Thumbs up on text work so far!

Please I want to ask if presenting documents to prove ownership of properties is so important?
I want to use my brother s SoA and my Mum s property documents...will this affect anything since I am not presenting my mum s SoA?
Also, do I still need to prove relationship when mum s name will be on my birth certificate?
I read 4 months for SoA should one just submit for 6months?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by teesboy: 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2015
ajaereogechi:
How long does it take after medical for u to get your passport?
As long as CIC has received your medicals without a need for further tests and updated it to PASSED and your finances are okay if subjected to further review, it takes +/- 7days though it could be much longer during peak times.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by bonen(f): 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=montrealer post=38333670]I'll say you should apply. The fact that you're not working shouldn't be a problem. You are a stay at home mom & that is your home tie: the fact that you'll come back to care of your other 3 children.
All the best.

Thank you for your response montrealer. Will do that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by teesboy: 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=detutu1 post=38334254][/quote]
It will be in your own best interest to include documents that actually prove that your sponsors do own property documents included with your application
1. It lends more credence to the veracity of their claims and means of verification if required.
2. It shows ability to meet their obligations as a sponsor(s) in liquid assets and cash.
3. Include your mum's SOA and 6 months SOA is much better.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Futurewiser: 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
PLEASE who knows any University or universities in CANADA that accepts NECO?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Habeeb521(m): 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2015
try and make google your friend . though the general things is that you have a senior secondary certificate
Futurewiser:

PLEASE who knows any University or universities in CANADA that accepts NECO?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kessluvall(f): 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
sholay2011:

Oga sir, I'm also going to Winnipeg. Are you in UofM?

Please dear,
I need useful info on Masters degree in UofM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
bonen:

having previous visa refusal(s) will never affect your husband's chance(s) of getting visa, as long as he meets the necessary requirements, which basically is having a regular and well paying job here in Nigeria and having sufficient fund in his account, and then not having any criminal record or no seen as threat to Canada.
The fact that you don't have a job might limit your chance except you can prove beyond reasonable doubt that you decided not to work, not because you didn't get job.
But if you ask me, I'd advice you and your husband apply for visa. Your SoA is supper! And of course you can't be so wicked and mean as to leaving your 3 kids in Nigeria because of a trip to Canada....... is it heaven? make the VO see it from that perspective! Just write a good "Letter of Explanation" for the VO, and let the VO know you live fine in Nigeria, you just want your child to be trained abroad.
i wish you good luck

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2015
Georgian college does accept neco result @futurewise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
Habeeb521:
try and make google your friend . though the general things is that you have a senior secondary certificate
. Georgian college does accept neco.thats were I got admitted into.goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kessluvall(f): 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
Please house, I need help urgently...

I'm trying to apply for Masters in Law program (LLM) in Canada.. Plz which school will accept Second class lower 2.2?

URGENT PLZZZ!!!

Cc:
Justwise
Sholay2011
Cocolav
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 6:18pm On Sep 24, 2015
kessluvall:

Please dear,
I need useful info on Masters degree in UofM
Please, be specific. And what is your intended course of study?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kessluvall(f): 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
sholay2011:

Please, be specific. And what is your intended course of study?

I'm trying to apply for Masters in Law program (LLM) in Canada.. Plz which school will accept Second class lower 2.2?

URGENT PLZZZ!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by sholay2011(m): 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
kessluvall:
Please house, I need help urgently...

URGENT PLZZZ!!!

Cc:
Justwise
Sholay2011
From this post, I assume you're going for law. @bosabby on NL can help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by kessluvall(f): 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
sholay2011:

From this post, I assume you're going for law. @bosabby on NL can help.

I hold a bachelor of Law degree from a reputable uni. In Nigeria.

Are u doing ur masters or bachelors?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (401)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.