Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,033 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038176 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
Thefavouredgirl:
Hi @ayooluwatoni did you get mail from vfs before going to pick up your passport?

I got two separate mails from vfs. 1 from vfs Ghana, I guess that was when it left Ghana, then I got another later in the evening, which I guess was a confirmation it was ready for collection.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2015
fatanu:
The two schools i applied to didnt require me to contact a supervisor, though it is advisable... i am also planning to approach them. As for the transcript, use your company name like they are the one requesting for the transcript, that way you will have your transcript at hand. thats how i did mine.
If your program is a course based program, u really dont need a supervisor, but for research based programs, getting a supervisor is compulsory. Although u may get lucky, because I've heard of people getting admission without supervisor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2015
EbuDox:

thesoj, ayooluwatoni, sholay2011, berexio1, khalesi and others .. Pls Sirs, Na beg I dey beg

I think that is straight forward. You can send a scanned copy of your result from your first semester to last semester. And also check the school's requirement to know if toefl is compulsory or could be waived or substituted with "a proof of english proficiency letter" from your school here in Naija. If that is possible, request for the letter from your school asap and send to the person.

GOOD LUCK
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
fatanu:
i have a cooperative account of #500k.... can that be enough.

You can move the money to you salary account, and since u just wrote the exam, ur statement of account should show a good turnover and in fact inflow of your salary into the account which i think is the main thing. The VO would just like to see evidence that you're working, and the job pays well, hence no reason for abscondment
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2015
BidemiZoe:
Hi guys, please I need your advice. I submitted my application since August and got a mail from VFS Global that my application has been forwarded to Canada Visa Office Accra.
Tracking my application last weekend I found "your processed passport has been dispatched from The Canada Visa Office Accra on 14/10/2015 to the Canada Visa Application centre.
I am left wondering what this means because I am yet to receive any invitation for medical.
Can someone please help with a piece of advice on what this signifies.
My school resumes in January 2016 and I need to put my traveling documents in order before the end of December 2015.

Bidemi,
I'm sorry to break the news to you but your visa application has been denied. Go pick up your application and know the reasons for denial.
You can repackage and reapply against your January 2016 resumption but if it appears it would be too late then you would have to mail the school and defer your application to allow for considerable time to reapply.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Thefavouredgirl: 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

I got two separate mails from vfs. 1 from vfs Ghana, I guess that was when it left Ghana, then I got another later in the evening, which I guess was a confirmation it was ready for collection.
@ayooluwatoni
I got the cic Mail that had a letter stating my visa had been approved , so I tracked my app and it's been dispatched since 14/10/2015 , I haven't got any mail from vfs. Can I go and pick up my passport or wait for the mail.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Odinwa(m): 2:52pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hello house,
I want to apply for graduate diploma program in concordia university, quebec. Please have anyone applied to this school before or been accepted or rejected by the school? I want to know if it's a good school cos I don't wanna waste my money in the application.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Babalola1990: 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2015
Guys please i need urgent response. Im trying to apply for study permit online. For medical examination upload, is it okay to skip that for now because the medical center told me they will only send my report directly to canadian embassy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Babalola1990: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
Guys please i need urgent response. Im trying to apply for study permit online. For medical examination upload, is it okay to skip that for now because the medical center told me they will only send my report directly to canadian embassy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by obaraima: 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
Abeg Wat do they even test for...make I first of all check myself oo.
toucheli:

If you don't control you Bp, it will cost you your application through your medical test lol..jk not your portion. IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2015
Thefavouredgirl:

@ayooluwatoni
I got the cic Mail that had a letter stating my visa had been approved , so I tracked my app and it's been dispatched since 14/10/2015 , I haven't got any mail from vfs. Can I go and pick up my passport or wait for the mail.
Most dispatches are done on Mondays, u should get the two mails before the end of today, after which you can proceed to vfs to pick up ur passport.
Relax
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by CHERIPH: 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
Dear house , is this the correct address for ikeja medical centre. The number attached is not available. Please anybody with another contact pls.

CIC Panel Physicians address at Ikeja: IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre
5D Reverend Ogunbiyi Street, Ikeja, Telephone:08072191112
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by toucheli(m): 4:30pm On Oct 19, 2015
obaraima:
Abeg Wat do they even test for...make I first of all check myself oo.
not sure, but i know people who had to go to the medical location to do a pre-test before their actual medical test, as the main result wont be released to you but directly to the embassy. you will surely get a vision test, urine and blood test(don't know what they are testing for).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Neelzar(f): 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
john4affiliate:

Use first bank master card it's works every where

Is it the normal first bank naira mastercard? or is there any other one I should specifically apply for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by judnele: 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
CHERIPH:
Dear house , is this the correct address for ikeja medical centre. The number attached is not available. Please anybody with another contact pls.

CIC Panel Physicians address at Ikeja: IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre
5D Reverend Ogunbiyi Street, Ikeja, Telephone:08072191112

It's the correct address u can also reach them on 08022264059 or 09092156079 and u av to call during working hours dats 7:39-4:30
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by dozlion: 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2015
Good day Travel Canada. Pls, I really need your candid commentary on my issue. I was offered funding from my department in Uni of Toronto Canada for my gradute program and I made my application on the 5th of August 2015. I did upfront medicals the next day. Afterwards I got confirmatory messages from CIC that my application had been received on the 6th of August. However since then, I only had my CIC account updated once by the Canadian embassy. I wrote to them telling them my school had resumed since sept 8th and also referred them to the letter my supervisor had written to them on my behalf (I've been writing to the accra office). The response I got last week was that my application was on the queue for processing. I am surprised cos its past processing time and some of my friends who made paper applications have their visa already. I was also told to send a scanned copy of my upfront medicals to them. That was earlier today. Pls n pls what could be the problem cos I am so worried??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hi, I've just applied at seneca for January 2016. Pls who has gotten admission at this school? I learnt I need to take a pre admission test. I applied for a graduate certificate program. Pls help!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mizbaby(f): 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2015
Reesqot:
Yeah. I am going to humber
Hi, I've just applied at seneca for January 2016. Pls who has gotten admission at this school? I learnt I need to take a pre admission test. I applied for a graduate certificate program. Pls help!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2015
Given that you submitted on Aug 5th, there was little chance that you would have gotten your TRV before your Sept 8th resumption date. Average processing time is 8 weeks, though your application has been in processing for ten and half weeks now. Because your application processing has exceeded the average processing time, you can do a case specific enquiry. Anyways, there's nothing supremely abnormal about the slow processing of your application.

dozlion:
Good day Travel Canada. Pls, I really need your candid commentary on my issue. I was offered funding from my department in Uni of Toronto Canada for my gradute program and I made my application on the 5th of August 2015. I did upfront medicals the next day. Afterwards I got confirmatory messages from CIC that my application had been received on the 6th of August. However since then, I only had my CIC account updated once by the Canadian embassy. I wrote to them telling them my school had resumed since sept 8th and also referred them to the letter my supervisor had written to them on my behalf (I've been writing to the accra office). The response I got last week was that my application was on the queue for processing. I am surprised cos its past processing time and some of my friends who made paper applications have their visa already. I was also told to send a scanned copy of my upfront medicals to them. That was earlier today. Pls n pls what could be the problem cos I am so worried??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
I thank God for his good work in my life... application sumitted :21th of july. Biometric done:21th of july. Medical request: 21th of september. Approval mail:5th. Of oct. Dispatched passport:15th of oct. Trv collected:19th. Of oct.. paper route.georgian college... thanks

18 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
Two semesters. Summer is an optional semester.
idolda:
Hello, please is an academic year in Canada 3 semesters or 2?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
dozlion:

If they asked you to send scanned copy of ur upfront medicals, in my opinion that simply means your application has gotten to a stage where your medicals is required and they probably could not access it. So do the needful. Send what they asked you to send. Some people on this thread waited for over 6 months before getting their TRV, so there's nothing abnormal about your application.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ayooluwatoni(m): 7:35pm On Oct 19, 2015
ajaereogechi:
I thank God for his good work in my life... application sumitted :21th of july. Biometric done:21th of july. Medical request: 21th of september. Approval mail:5th. Of oct. Dispatched passport:15th of oct. Trv collected:19th. Of oct.. paper route.georgian college... thanks
At last....lol
Congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2015
ajaereogechi:

Congratulations!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by jayooh: 8:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
And you had an academic advisor?

obtwice:
Hello house.......which Canadian Uni's accept 2nd class lower especially pple wt 3.0 of 5.0 grade point 4 Msc......and also nid 2 to lnw pple who applied 4 Msc. @ Uni of manitoba 4 winter n summerZ..cos dey didn't gv mi admission 4 civil eng......God bless u all 4 ur contributions n gud words...cheers all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
ajaereogechi:
Congratulations! More goodnews on the way...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Tbill: 8:55pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hi Guys Please am tryna make an application to UofOttawa as regards M.Eng Engineering Management. I hold a B.sc in Building tech from the faculty of environmental sciences and cant seem to find my course on the drop down list. My question is ;

1) Is it right to pick environmental and resource science as my field of study since i graduated from the faculty of environmental sciences although i had my major in Building which is closer to civil engineering

Kindly advise [/quote]

seems no one can help me with this on this platform?? shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by lamama1: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
ajaereogechi:

Congrat!!!...finally
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by judnele: 9:33pm On Oct 19, 2015
ajaereogechi:

Congratulations
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by idolda: 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2015
thesoj:
Two semesters. Summer is an optional semester.
oh, thanks for that clarification sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by metrecube(m): 9:49pm On Oct 19, 2015
ajaereogechi:
congrats. I'm happy for U. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2015
Odinwa:
Hello house,
I want to apply for graduate diploma program in concordia university, quebec. Please have anyone applied to this school before or been accepted or rejected by the school? I want to know if it's a good school cos I don't wanna waste my money in the application.
Thanks

i will like to apply too

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.