Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 9 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (1038418 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by mine42: 12:43am On Oct 20, 2015
Neelzar:

Is it the normal first bank naira mastercard? or is there any other one I should specifically apply for?

Normal mastercard.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 1:51am On Oct 20, 2015
Make acquaintance with Google. You can do a Google search about Concordia using whatever criteria you desire, i.e. ranking in Canada, world, etc. Also, you can use Google to search this thread for anyone at Concordia; to do so, search [Concordia "travelling to Canada part" site:www.nairaland.com] without the outer square brackets. Thank me later.

Odinwa:
Hello house,
I want to apply for graduate diploma program in concordia university, quebec. Please have anyone applied to this school before or been accepted or rejected by the school? I want to know if it's a good school cos I don't wanna waste my money in the application.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 3:45am On Oct 20, 2015
Concordia university is a good school. The people I know who are studying there are in degree programs though. There are NLers there too. Do a search like @thesoj suggested msybe you would find someone completing a graduate diploma there.
Odinwa:
Hello house,
I want to apply for graduate diploma program in concordia university, quebec. Please have anyone applied to this school before or been accepted or rejected by the school? I want to know if it's a good school cos I don't wanna waste my money in the application.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 3:48am On Oct 20, 2015
Did you do upfront medicals? If yes, then you've to upload your proof of medicals while applying online. If you haven't done medicals, skip that section.

Babalola1990:
Guys please i need urgent response. Im trying to apply for study permit online. For medical examination upload, is it okay to skip that for now because the medical center told me they will only send my report directly to canadian embassy?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 3:57am On Oct 20, 2015
My candid advice:

Take your time. Don't rush to apply.
You can focus on gaining admission and work towards fall 2016. From my observation, there's desperation written all over your application, and even though it's the case with many applicants, the key to a successful application is to keep that desperation well hidden.

When you are ready to apply, be honest and clear in your application. It is true that they share information but you can find favor if you put up a clear, straightforward application.

#justmytwocents

fatanu:
i am not married...just use that status to apply for us visa, i grad in 2010 and and been working, i recently just did a prof exam which me lots money; CCIE to be precise, my acct is red now...very red...i will use maternal uncle as sponsor and also my pop man.
i am also trusting God for some financial support from the sch as i had a very good grade in UG.

what is your view.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by montrealer: 4:01am On Oct 20, 2015
Looks good. I suppose you're a fresh graduate hence no mention of employment. What program are you going for and what did you study in undergrad?

fexy50:
Neco cert
Bsc statement of result
Transcript
NYSC cert
Letter of acceptance
Cv
Sop

SoA father 16m credits/debit 8.6M closin balance
Mother 8M credit/debit 3.9M closin balance
Mine 2M credit/debit 5H closin balance
2 land documents belonging to Dad
1 land document belonging to Me

Hope am good to go?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 5:21am On Oct 20, 2015
[size=14pt]***IMPORTANT LINKS***
[/size]

CLICK HERE TO FIND A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA

LIST OF ALL POST-SECONDARY AND PGD PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN COLLEGES

CLICK HERE TO FIND A SOP SAMPLE FOR THE VISA OFFICER

CLICK HERE TO FIND A LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP SAMPLE

TIPS ON FINDING A RESEARCH SUPERVISOR FOR RESEARCH OR THESIS-BASED MSC OR PHD

STEPS TO CANADA ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

FIND OUT WHERE STUDY PERMITS ARE PROCESSED FOR NIGERIANS

CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT FOR YOUR STUDY VISA

THE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS COMPILATION

MORE POPULAR TRV CHOPPING DOCUMENTS

HOW TO SHRINK YOU FILES FOR YOUR ONLINE VISA APPLICATION

CLICK TO SEE COMMON REASONS FOR DENIAL

HOW TO PAY YOUR FEES IN CANADA FROM NIGERIA 1

SAMPLE LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM YOUR WORK PLACE

CIC E-MAIL FOR INQUIRIES

MEDICAL EXAMINATION LOCATIONS IN NIGERIA

HOW MANY YEARS WORK PERMIT IF I STUDY FOR 1 OR 2 YEARS, CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WORK PERMIT AFTER GRADUATION

CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT IF CIC CALLS THE BANK TO VERIFY A STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

EXPLANATION FOR
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 1

-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 2
-Purpose of Visit-Travel History-Home ties-Personal asset-Length of proposed stay ETC PART 3

A VERY IMPORTANT CLUE WHEN DRAFTING YOUR SOP

IF YOUR APP IS MORE THAN 8 WEEKS, CLICK HERE TO SEND A CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY TO CIC

HOW TO CARRY MONEY TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA AFTER TRV APPROVAL

CHANGING INSTITUTION AFTER TRV & LANDING IN CANADA

thanks to @richcasey
***UPDATED***

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 6:04am On Oct 20, 2015
Babalola1990:
Guys please i need urgent response. Im trying to apply for study permit online. For medical examination upload, is it okay to skip that for now because the medical center told me they will only send my report directly to canadian embassy?

It's not the result you need to upload, it's just a document that says you've done your medicals. So if you want to do the upfront medicals, ask them for that document after your tests have been conducted and upload it before submitting your application. Note that for you to have a tab for the medical upload, you must have answered YES to the question not he questionnaire '. Have you been examined by a CIC medical assessor I. The last 12months?'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 6:12am On Oct 20, 2015
thesoj:
Two semesters. Summer is an optional semester.

Speaking of sessions, I need more advise.

From the little I know about Canadian academic structure,
Winter - January to April
Spring/Summer- May to August
Fall- September to December

I have registered for Winter session and plan to take courses for Summer and Fall. So when is my break supposed to be? And if you say summer semester is optional, what will someone be doing for the entire period of four months May-August?
My program requiresI take minimum 30credit load for completion, can I handle that in a year instead of 2yrs? Can taking more credit load within the shortest possible time reduce my tuition in any way (say, I'm capable to bear the load and still perform well)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by thesoj: 6:33am On Oct 20, 2015
Summer semester is an optional semester in most schools/programs and is usually when most students take an academic break. Some use the opportunity to get an internship, some use it to get a side job, some use it to spend all their time on research (for mostly PhD and research masters students), some take courses, etc. CIC considers summer to be a scheduled break (unless you commenced your program in the summer session) for international students, during which you can work full-time if you choose to.

Having said that, if you want to finish your program really quickly, then taking a full course load during summer is a great idea.

About reducing tuition costs... this part is a bit tricky. Taking courses during summer won't reduce your tuition given that schools either charge per course (per credit hour/unit) or per semester. If your school charges a flat tuition fee per semester, then you conceivably could take as many courses as possible in every given semester (i.e. in Fall and Winter); the caveat is you might be too overloaded to do well in any of the classes. In summary, taking courses during summer won't reduce your tuition because you will still have to pay for every course you take that term. @montrealer any additions?

To your last question, if you take 9 credits/semester for two semesters and 12 credits in the third semester, then yes you could finish your program in one year (Winter-Summer-Fall). Keep in mind though that graduate courses, depending on the program, can be intense with lots of reading and assignments. Four courses (i.e. 12 credits) might be a lot for one semester, but it is definitely very doable. Btw, 9 credits per semester (three courses) is considered a normal load for a graduate student.

Khalesi:
Speaking of sessions, I need more advise.

From the little I know about Canadian academic structure,
Winter - January to April
Spring/Summer- May to August
Fall- September to December

I have registered for Winter session and plan to take courses for Summer and Fall. So when is my break supposed to be? And if you say summer semester is optional, what will someone be doing for the entire period of four months May-August?
My program requiresI take minimum 30credit load for completion, can I handle that in a year instead of 2yrs? Can taking more credit load within the shortest possible time reduce my tuition in any way (say, I'm capable to bear the load and still perform well)?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 7:41am On Oct 20, 2015
ayooluwatoni:

At last....lol
Congrats
thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 7:42am On Oct 20, 2015
EmmaMsc:

Congratulations!
thanks dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 7:42am On Oct 20, 2015
Khalesi:

Congratulations! More goodnews on the way...
thanks so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 7:43am On Oct 20, 2015
lamama1:

Congrat!!!...finally
thanks so much lamama..lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 7:43am On Oct 20, 2015
judnele:

Congratulations
thanks judnele
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ajaereogechi: 7:44am On Oct 20, 2015
metrecube:
congrats. I'm happy for U. Cheers.
thank u so much metrecube
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ceemac: 8:25am On Oct 20, 2015
thesoj:
Ok makes sense! I had thought of this too, and I totally agree with you... however I think @omonjoe should plug every hole related to Purpose of Visit as well (and with equal or higher priority). Thanks for clarifying.

Bros.., Will need your help and tap from your wealth of experience? I am an intending Masters Applicant in Elect /Elect
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Khalesi: 8:31am On Oct 20, 2015
@thesoj, thanks for the detailed explanation. Yeah I'm aware I'll be paying fees for the summer session if I register to take courses therein. My program is charged a flat fee per session no matter the number of courses registered provided one remains within the limits min 6 credit unit - max 15credit units/session. I'll plan to limit my program to 3sessions. So I might take the summer break and finish by 2017 Winter. Fair enough, I'll go ahead and drop one course from my already registered four courses to see how I can cope with 3courses and an accompanying toddler. moreover, winter is coming grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by EmmaMsc(m): 8:41am On Oct 20, 2015
thesoj:
Summer semester is an optional semester in most schools/programs and is usually when most students take an academic break. Some use the opportunity to get an internship, some use it to get a side job, some use it to spend all their time on research (for mostly PhD and research masters students), some take courses, etc. CIC considers summer to be a scheduled break (unless you commenced your program in the summer session) for international students, during which you can work full-time if you choose to.......

Thanks bro for this. It was revealing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by fexy50(m): 8:47am On Oct 20, 2015
Yeah, am a fresh graduate, studied Mathematics, going for Msc Mathematics & Finance
montrealer:
Looks good. I suppose you're a fresh graduate hence no mention of employment. What program are you going for and what did you study in undergrad?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ceemac: 8:57am On Oct 20, 2015
EmmaMsc:

Electronic Systems Eng.

@EmmaMsc... I sent you a PM as I will like you to lead me on how I can secure admission for 2016 in Elect/Elect with a CGPA of 3.9/5.0..

I will be waiting baba as we are even namesake sef..... Lolz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Mayreyam: 9:38am On Oct 20, 2015
Anyone who applied on 23rd September that has gotten a medical mail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by theoneGodloves: 10:21am On Oct 20, 2015
Hello pple!!!!

Am so worried...I applied 1st of sept 15(paper route), medical call: 21st sept, medical done :22nd sept. I made a cal thru to d hospital(children's practice in ikoyi) n was tld my med ws forwarded 29th. Uptil now, ve nt hrd from d embassy!

Does it tk ds long to get an approval mail!!! My hrt skips evry second...

@team12, @emmamsc @thesoj @khalesi pls is ds normal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by chigoziri7: 10:39am On Oct 20, 2015
Good morning house. Please i need some advice.

@Khalesi, @thesoj, @montrealer @EmmaMsc and all,
Please as a graduate of french langauge (B.A 2005, 2.1, 3.77 GP) with over 7years professional experience in Human Resources, Apart from applying for an MBA or Masters in HR or Masters in French Language, Which other course or program can i apply to and Justify well in an SOP directly or indirectly using my language skills and professional skills.

Thank you for your advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by berexio1: 11:00am On Oct 20, 2015
Khalesi:
@thesoj, thanks for the detailed explanation. Yeah I'm aware I'll be paying fees for the summer session if I register to take courses therein. My program is charged a flat fee per session no matter the number of courses registered provided one remains within the limits min 6 credit unit - max 15credit units/session. I'll plan to limit my program to 3sessions. So I might take the summer break and finish by 2017 Winter. Fair enough, I'll go ahead and drop one course from my already registered four courses to see how I can cope with 3courses and an accompanying toddler. moreover, winter is coming grin
How many courses are u doing? It is usually 8 courses, so 3 courses per semester can still suffice. Bt if u intend to finish in a year, then marathon for you, u won't have any breaks..I know of sb who finished in a year, bt all na book, no work!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Neelzar(f): 11:01am On Oct 20, 2015
Thanks a lot
mine42:

Normal mastercard.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by TimeplusChance: 11:13am On Oct 20, 2015
Wooow. You mean you received medical call within three days? Which hospital did you use. If u check some records of pple who got medical call within three weeks, I think it took another three weeks before they got their approval email.
However, jus keep praying. A lady from an hospital called me yesterday that someone who did medical early last month just got approval email yesterday.
theoneGodloves:
Hello pple!!!!

Am so worried...I applied 1st of sept 15(paper route), medical call: 21st sept, medical done :22nd sept. I made a cal thru to d hospital n was tld my med ws forwarded 29th. Uptil now, ve nt hrd from d embassy!

Does it tk ds long to get an approval mail!!! My hrt skips evry second...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by coolwisdom(m): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2015
detutu1:
hello house, I have been reading and I have not seen any answer to the situation...the schools i applied to do not require IELTS or any standardized test for that matter....But i read that the score in IELTS adds 'points' to application (google) has anyone tried this and worked? i mean not done IELTS and still got the visa? I downloaded the forms today and there was a place asking if one has written any test?

I am already thinking of how to write it before the year runs out...please advice!

Thanks
please which school did you apply that do not need ielts please can you tell me the name
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by theoneGodloves: 11:26am On Oct 20, 2015
TimeplusChance:
Wooow. You mean you received medical call within three days? Which hospital did you use. If u check some records of pple who got medical call within three weeks, I think it took another three weeks before they got their approval email.
However, jus keep praying. A lady from an hospital called me yesterday that someone who did medical early last month just got approval email yesterday.
Yh I gt medical cal within 3wks! Hmmm its 3wks already( med don 22nd n result was sent 29th). Ok! Tnx doe... Ll kip prayn. God is stl on the throne n surely hez gt ds
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by opendurs: 12:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
Good morning guys/ladies.. Please, is anyone here heading to University canada West? For guy and ladies in canny, please is this school a gud skool?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by ewilusi(m): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hi,
I am of the same predicament, I submitted on the 5th Aug to resume sept but i had to defer for Jan 2016 till date I hvnt gotten any medical call yet. from my tracking number which contains CAAB in it, I learnt it means my application is bin processed here in Lagos. So do I still do a case special enquiry? Tho the processing time in Lagos Nigeria is 41 weeks.. getting fed up and rethinking..

thesoj:
Given that you submitted on Aug 5th, there was little chance that you would have gotten your TRV before your Sept 8th resumption date. Average processing time is 8 weeks, though your application has been in processing for ten and half weeks now. Because your application processing has exceeded the average processing time, you can do a case specific enquiry. Anyways, there's nothing supremely abnormal about the slow processing of your application.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 9 by Ljayy: 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hello house I am about to do my submit my application, I need help on my current employment situation, I finished my national youth. Service 2months ago, pls what should I write for my current job situation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (401)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.