Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,360 members, 7,829,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (344841 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ginaz(f): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2020
Jhudith:

They're in an enclosed pen, but I sometimes let them out, especially when I intend disinfecting the place.
Water is almost always available for them
This past few days I let them stay out through out the day because I thought probably the pen has become stuffy for them due to the weather
I'm currently using Vita finisher though I mix with pkc, feed is always made always but I still come back to meet the feed same way.
I feed at about 6:40am, go to check their water by 12/1pm and refill feeds of the ones losing weight and about 6:30pm to feed and fix lamp and send them in.
I last gave lasota 5weeks ago, I dewormed the week after lasota was administered. Though last week when I visited the shop where I get drugs and complained to them, a vet was contacted and he said I treat coccis(5days), deworm and finally give lasota.

Stop with the PKC. I mixed PKC to my birds feed, I noticed they stopped eat and started losing weight . normally they would rush their feed that before noon I have to replaced with fresh feed.

I noticed with the introduction of PKC to their feed, they lack appetite to eat. Just few were eating. I lost some birds .

I stopped with the PKC and gave them their normal feed and they started eating well. Maybe you should stop with the PKC and see if there would be improvement.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Jhudith: 11:19pm On Nov 30, 2020
noeloge82:

Sorry am just seeing ur message pls kindly get amprolium 250 and give them for 5 days pls update on the progress within the 5 days
Thank u
Okay, thanks a lot
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Jhudith: 11:22pm On Nov 30, 2020
Ginaz:

Stop with the PKC. I mixed PKC to my birds feed, I noticed they stopped eat and started losing weight . normally they would rush their feed that before noon I have to replaced with fresh feed.

I noticed with the introduction of PKC to their feed, they lack appetite to eat. Just few were eating. I lost some birds .

I stopped with the PKC and gave them their normal feed and they started eating well. Maybe you should stop with the PKC and see if there would be improvement.
Okay, I'll have to watch their intake tomorrow when I replace their feed with just Vita though thing is, they are barely interested in eating no matter how you call on them or make the feed look interesting.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Jhudith: 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2020
Redomi:

Follow what the vet said, I pray it worked. But if it doesn't, I will come in
I have to bring my predicament here because I've given the drugs for coccidia as the vet instructed and I've exhausted it, most of the birds are eating now but I still have some of them who are still inactive, they don't eat or drink, some still have brown droppings, some watery and a whitish dropping. I have 2/3 who make this noise like they wish to clear their throat and they bring out mucus and they are shaky when they stand, like the ground is shaking or they are scared to place their feets on the floor

My question is, should I go ahead to deworm irrespective of all these or find treatment to these first?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:58am On Dec 01, 2020
Ginaz:

OK thanks. I thought I was giving them too much. Can I mix multivitamin drug with the cocci drug I'm giving them or I should give both separately.
Give them separately
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 9:44am On Dec 01, 2020
Jhudith:

I have to bring my predicament here because I've given the drugs for coccidia as the vet instructed and I've exhausted it, most of the birds are eating now but I still have some of them who are still inactive, they don't eat or drink, some still have brown droppings, some watery and a whitish dropping. I have 2/3 who make this noise like they wish to clear their throat and they bring out mucus and they are shaky when they stand, like the ground is shaking or they are scared to place their feets on the floor

My question is, should I go ahead to deworm irrespective of all these or find treatment to these first?
Sir, release them to open place for three days, don't bother to take them inside pen house for cage, just leave them outside for 3 days feed them very early in the morning before 9qm, don't feed them from from 10qm till 6pm.
come back and tell me how the majik work
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by 1b8m: 6:40am On Dec 03, 2020
I found this last night when I returned home. This is one of the big ones, it wasn't sick. I came back to find it dead with its wing bone jutting out of its flesh and a greenish-blue pigmentation close to its anus

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by 1b8m: 6:43am On Dec 03, 2020
Greenish-blue pigmentation

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aliadi2: 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2020
Hello farmers please who knows where i can get hybrid chick mash around sango ota area.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2020
1b8m:
I found this last night when I returned home. This is one of the big ones, it wasn't sick. I came back to find it dead with its wing bone jutting out of its flesh and a greenish-blue pigmentation close to its anus

Check your pen seems there was an attack hence the blood from the joint the greenish-blue pigment happens when a bird dies and left over time the system starts to change colour and odour starts as reactions is going on internally

3 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by trychris: 10:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
A finisher feed I bought two weeks ago for #4,400 now cost 4,900!
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kripen(m): 9:27am On Dec 04, 2020
trychris:

Yours is good in Benin it is #5500 why in some areas it is #6000.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2020
trychris:
Na so the matter take be o! I can't wait to start hearing the prices of Christmas chickens.

Best of luck to you guys.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by eddyline(m): 1:46am On Dec 05, 2020
jidestroud:

Na so the matter take be o! I can't wait to start hearing the prices of Christmas chickens.

Best of luck to you guys.
concerning this matter of high cost of feeds, I was wondering if we could see how we can formulate our own feeds. what would it involve?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Mhizejemen(f): 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2020
Funlag:
stop feeding ur birds in the afternoon cos the weather is hot

What harm will it cause them? Because I leave enough feed for my birds till evening or even the next day. I only go there to top there water and then spread the feed.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aliadi2: 7:59pm On Dec 05, 2020
eddyline:

concerning this matter of high cost of feeds, I was wondering if we could see how we can formulate our own feeds. what would it involve?
I heard someone can buy concentrate to cut the cost.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 8:12pm On Dec 05, 2020
Funlag:
stop feeding ur birds in the afternoon cos the weather is hot
Honestly, it goes beyond not feeding your birds in the afternoon. Do you know poultry nutrition is based on times & season? I formulate my feeds & I am very aware of what to use during the raining season, same goes for hot season. This is where knowledge of compounding your own feeds comes in.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 9:17pm On Dec 05, 2020
jidestroud:

Honestly, it goes beyond not feeding your birds in the afternoon. Do you know poultry nutrition is based on times & season? I formulate my feeds & I am very aware of what to use during the raining season, same goes for hot season. This is where knowledge of compounding your own feeds comes in.
Please can you teach us how to formulate feed?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
Mhizejemen:

What harm will it cause them? Because I leave enough feed for my birds till evening or even the next day. I only go there to top there water and then spread the feed.

I don't think their is any harm just make sure u have enough water to avoid heat stroke / dehydration
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 10:24pm On Dec 05, 2020
aliadi2:

Sure many feeds have concentrate just ask your feed distributor
When u buy concentrate you also buy maize and wheat oval then mix up and very quality feed will be the result it saves some cash but not so huge except you don't mix well.
For a fact you make some gain per bag on the mixture
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Mhizejemen(f): 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
noeloge82:

I don't think their is any harm just make sure u have enough water to avoid heat stroke / dehydration

Gracias �����
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 11:19pm On Dec 05, 2020
Redomi:

Please can you teach us how to formulate feed?

I just may open a thread on that.
(Walahi, I have my hands full)
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by eddyline(m): 1:27pm On Dec 06, 2020
aliadi2:
ok, that's a nice idea.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2020
Birds are 10 weeks old, and they are not big enough their weight ranges from 1.5 to 1.9 Kg, Is this normal? By now they should be approaching the apex 3Kg na. where they are too big to carry themselves.

please is there any drug that I can give them to fatten them up and please someone should recommend a very good finishers marsh (is there New Hope finishers marsh, cause I only see the starters for 0-2 weeks).

please advise me on what to do this remaining 2 weeks to boost their weight rapidly?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Attit: 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2020
SaveMeLord:
Birds are 10 weeks old, and they are not big enough their weight ranges from 1.5 to 1.9 Kg, Is this normal? By now they should be approaching the apex 3Kg na. where they are too big to carry themselves.

[s]please is there any drug that I can give them to fatten them up [/s]and please someone should recommend a very good finishers marsh (is there New Hope finishers marsh, cause I only see the starters for 0-2 weeks).

please advise me on what to do this remaining 2 weeks to boost their weight rapidly?
Only you will consume all the broilers you want to make huge with drugs, and get your cancer alone. Lol. You did not get it right, it doesn't mean you should get desperate to kill people. You are still ok. You did not come here to cry about high mortality rate. Your concern is meeting up with Xmas and you want to get desperate to poison consumers and injure them. Your method is nasty and wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aliadi2: 6:48pm On Dec 06, 2020
noeloge82:

Sure many feeds have concentrate just ask your feed distributor
When u buy concentrate you also buy maize and wheat oval then mix up and very quality feed will be the result it saves some cash but not so huge except you don't mix well.
For a fact you make some gain per bag on the mixture
Thanks alot sir do you think calcium is needed too and what is the ratio sir
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2020
Attit:

Only you will consume all the broilers you want to make huge with drugs, and get your cancer alone. Lol. You did not get it right, it doesn't mean you should get desperate to kill people. You are still ok. You did not come here to cry about high mortality rate. Your concern is meeting up with Xmas and you want to get desperate to poison consumers and injure them. Your method is nasty and wicked.

Calm down brotherly, lol I'm just asking o, it's ask I'm asking. I did not say I will do it. Someone mentioned it, I don't know it has health risk. I don't know it causes cancer. You are a funny person, you just came to lay ambush on me. After criticizing me, you didn't recommend anything to me even feed...na wa
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2020
aliadi2:

Thanks alot sir do you think calcium is needed too and what is the ratio sir

Buy calcium and add in their water at 2 tablets to 4 liters if its the powder use a measurement cap and put it on 20 to 4 liters
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2020
SaveMeLord:

please is there any drug that I can give them to fatten them up and please someone should recommend a very good finishers marsh (is there New Hope finishers marsh, cause I only see the starters for 0-2 weeks).

If ur 10 weeks birds weigh 1.5 - 1.9 it means that your feeding your birds at all if I may ask how many birds do u have and how long do they finish a bag

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 8:48pm On Dec 06, 2020
Can't stop laughing, someone sent this to me and says they are 6 weeks and want to sell fir Christmas

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.