Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,616 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (342811 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aysnoopy(m): 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2020
Redomi:
My Sasso broilers and Foreign Turkeys are 3 weeks old.
No mortality so far.
51 Sasso
5 foreign turkeys.
Noeloge82
Jidestroud

This sasso broilers, are they like normal broilers in term of fast growth?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 6:37pm On Dec 13, 2020
Redomi:
My Sasso broilers and Foreign Turkeys are 3 weeks old.
No mortality so far.
51 Sasso
5 foreign turkeys.
Noeloge82
Jidestroud
Interesting.
So far, what's your take on Sasso compared to noilers / kuroilers?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2020
jidestroud:

Interesting.
So far, what's your take on Sasso compared to noilers / kuroilers?
I haven't brooded Noiler/kuroiler before, but from their 3 weeks growth, I think they grow very fast.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 9:00pm On Dec 13, 2020
aysnoopy:

This sasso broilers, are they like normal broilers in term of fast growth?
Broiler have breed, their growth is not uniform.
But the biggest amongst them is very big with thick leg.
Though there is no much breast meat like some breed of broilers. But these Sasso grow fast, and they are heavy feeders, they are never tired of feeding.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2020
Attit:

Very nice strategy; however, the only issue is that Abestos causes cancer. Kindly run away from it.
https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/substances/asbestos/asbestos-fact-sheet

Seems we are talking about two different things here the asbestors in the link you shared is mineral component but the one I talked about is roofing sheet maybe they have another name for it ,like u may have heard some carpenters call celling board asbestors
So I was referring to the roofing sheet not the mineral content
But if the roofing sheet causes cancer I really don't know about that and if its possible it means that the cancer patients caused by that would have over whelmed the system as its commonly used by carpenters.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Attit: 4:06am On Dec 14, 2020
noeloge82:
Seems we are talking about two different things here the asbestors in the link you shared is mineral component but the one I talked about is roofing sheet maybe they have another name for it ,like u may have heard some carpenters call celling board asbestors
So I was referring to the roofing sheet not the mineral content
But if the roofing sheet causes cancer I really don't know about that and if its possible it means that the cancer patients caused by that would have over whelmed the system as its commonly used by carpenters.

I'm shocked you do not know. Read the article, it is the deadly substance used to make the roofing sheets. Check (Google) the statistics of the rate of cancer in Nigeria and you see it is high. Many do not know what even kill them. Also, go and check the expectancy average life of Nigerians, it is low. Tell me, how many people live past 55 years in Nigeria? Do you know how huge our population is? How many old people do we have? Bros, chemicals, bad food, unhygienic market environment, etc are the causes. It was the reason I blasted the nasty guy who was looking for steroids to blow up his chickens here. Ignorance is not an excuse. I understand your is not intentional. Bro, you are doing good. Just try to read more about it. Then, you know what to recommend to your readers. Many are looking up to you and you will definitely succeed in life cos you are assisting many. Heaven will step into your case whenever you need divine assistance. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 6:26am On Dec 14, 2020
Attit:

I'm shocked you do not know. Read the article, it is the deadly substance used to make the roofing sheets. Check (Google) the statistics of the rate of cancer in Nigeria and you see it is high. Many do know what even kill them. Also, go and check the expectancy average life of Nigerians, it is low. Tell me, how many people live past 55 years in Nigeria? Do you know how huge our population is? How many old people do we have? Bros, chemicals, bad food, unhygienic market environment, etc are the causes. It was the reason I blasted the nasty guy who was looking for steroids to blow up his chickens here. Ignorance is not an excuse. I understand your is not intentional. Bro, you are doing good. Just try to read more about it. Then, you know what to recommend to your readers. Many are looking up to you and you will definitely succeed in life cos you are assisting many. Heaven will step into your case whenever you need divine assistance. Amen.

Ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2020
Unfriendly ADVICE...
If you have stocks below 100 for sale this festive period, and you want to avoid situation like last year, please start selling your birds. Market it to your friends, family, church/mosque members, club members, neighbours, go to your estate gate and be telling everyone you have chicken for sale.
#copied#

4 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:33am On Dec 17, 2020
Redomi:

Unfriendly ADVICE...
If you have stocks below 100 for sale this festive period, and you want to avoid situation like last year, please start selling your birds. Market it to your friends, family, church/mosque members, club members, neighbours, go to your estate gate and be telling everyone you have chicken for sale.
#copied#

So true but it doesn't need to be below 100 once u have above 20 birds start now to market them and learn marketing strategy for next stocking
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Majestybaba92(m): 3:23am On Dec 18, 2020
Redomi:

Unfriendly ADVICE...
#copied#

Why is it tagged unfriendly?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Gozychuks(m): 6:51am On Dec 18, 2020
How much is the current market price of 3 to 4kg broiler
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aliadi2: 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2020
Hello please how can i chase soldier ant permanently from my pen . they do come every night and i heard they are dangerous to chicken
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by uche393: 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2020
aliadi2:
Hello please how can i chase soldier ant permanently from my pen . they do come every night and i heard they are dangerous to chicken
there's no permanent way of chasing them than just keeping your surroundings clean and removing this that attracts them like ; palm fruit/oil, pouring waste food close to ur pen(especially soup,rice, stew).

whenever you see outside ur pen chase them with hot water, fuel or burn plastic on them.

whenever they are inside mix 'klin detergent' with water+kerosene.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aliadi2: 11:36pm On Dec 18, 2020
uche393:
there's no permanent way of chasing them than just keeping your surroundings clean and removing this that attracts them like ; palm fruit/oil, pouring waste food close to ur pen(especially soup,rice, stew).

whenever you see outside ur pen chase them with hot water, fuel or burn plastic on them.

whenever they are inside mix 'klin detergent' with water+kerosene.
Hello Uche, thanks for the swift reply, i grab all you have said however neologne was talking of using black oil and something .
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2020
aliadi2:

Hello Uche, thanks for the swift reply, i grab all you have said however neologne was talking of using black oil and something .
Pour black oil around your pen house
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Redomi(m): 1:21am On Dec 20, 2020
1 week old Arbor Acre look like 3 days old Ros 308

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aliadi2: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
aliadi2:

Thanks for the replyb
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aliadi2: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
aliadi2:

Thanks for the reply
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by trychris: 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2020
Where?

Redomi:
1 week old Arbor Acre look like 3 days old Ros 308
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by aliadi2: 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
Hello farmers. Used battery cage needed at sango ota ogun state. You can reach me on zero seven zero four one one seven one six three two. Thanks
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 7:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
Can't wait to start seeing pictures of birds being sold and their prices. grin wink
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2020
Feed prices and DOC is a major determinant of broiler price this Christmas be wise no uniform prices especially for newbies who as asking prices based on kg , pls do your cost analysis and know your target profit margin
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Attit: 1:00am On Dec 23, 2020
noeloge82:
Feed prices and DOC is a major determinant of broiler price this Christmas be wise no uniform prices especially for newbies who as asking prices based on kg , pls do your cost analysis and know your target profit margin
I think you are wrong. Market price dictates it. If you like spend N10k on a bird, you will sell at the market price in your proposed market. If selling to direct customers, then, farmers should have sweet mouth to market their chickens, but still subjected to market price. It always happen, farmers are desperate to buy extremely expensive DOCs from Oct to Nov cos of Xmas chickens. And they buy high feed too. But as soon as the period is over, prices crashes seriously. In a week, DOac crashes from N530+ to around N300. Prices of chicken is back to almost normal. So, farmers need to be smart how to go about it. Only JJC always fall into this trap. Xmas chickens sales can be unprofitable if the farmer is naive on how to go about it.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 4:33am On Dec 23, 2020
Attit:

I think you are wrong. Market price dictates it. If you like spend N10k on a bird, you will sell at the market price in your proposed market. If selling to direct customers, then, farmers should have sweet mouth to market their chickens, but still subjected to market price. It always happen, farmers are desperate to buy extremely expensive DOCs from Oct to Nov cos of Xmas chickens. And they buy high feed too. But as soon as the period is over, prices crashes seriously. In a week, DOac crashes from N530+ to around N300. Prices of chicken is back to almost normal. So, farmers need to be smart how to go about it. Only JJC always fall into this trap. Xmas chickens sales can be unprofitable if the farmer is naive on how to go about it.

Let me explain something to u
Yes market forces determine your prices but as a Biz farmer before taking birds u must have made your market research and in the Event where things change like what we have today where feed prices all of a sudden change u have to change tactics .
You don't spend 5000 on raising birds and during sales situation changes and prevailing prices drop to 3000 then u sell at 3000 and loose 2000 per bird , do a multiply of 200 for someone with 200 flocks and see the magnitude of loss.
If it happen to me that my expenses is above my sales price and I have a good no of birds I will immediately look out for another market , it could mean that I source for a market where prices are better or I will look out for move around looking out for cold room operators to sell as frozen , You must not sit down and just fold your hands to loss expect where a farmer have few birds maybe I have 10 birds to sell and I weigh the loss and the stress involved in looking out for alternative market then if the loss is minute I can decide to ignore such and move on with better plans for next sales

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Fuckjesusandgod: 5:22am On Dec 23, 2020
noeloge82:

Yes market forces determine your prices but as a Biz farmer before taking birds u must have made your market research and in the Event where things change like what we have today where feed prices all of a sudden change u have to change tactics .
You don't spend 5000 on raising birds and during sales situation changes and prevailing prices drop to 3000 then u sell at 3000 and loose 2000 per bird , do a multiply of 200 for someone with 200 flocks and see the magnitude of loss.
If it happen to me that my expenses is above my sales price and I have a good no of birds I will immediately look out for another market , it could mean that I source for a market where prices are better or I will look out for move around looking out for cold room operators to sell as frozen , You must not sit down and just fold your hands to loss expect where a farmer have few birds maybe I have 10 birds to sell and I weigh the loss and the stress involved in looking out for alternative market then if the loss is minute I can decide to ignore such and move on with better plans for next sales

Hi bro, good morning.
what is the price of your 4 weeks sasso broiler and 4 week noilers chicken? can you send to ondo state? looking forward to your response.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by jidestroud(m): 7:49am On Dec 23, 2020
Oga Noeloge82 & Attit

You are both right & saying the same thing. Yes, market prices is a major determinant and you can hardly sell your birds above it. Everything boils down to strategy and your targeted market to able to break even. I know for a fact most newbies will be biting their fingers this season because the prices out there does not justify the hardish and struggles we went through in raising the birds. Who would have thought we would be buying broilers for less than 5k after all the unexplainable increase in feeds (and still rising)? But then, come and see big big broilers over here weighing 3kg and above going for 3.5k to 4.5k over here.
It requires a detailed knowledge of the market and how to go about it as my ogas have said. I for example try to be all inclusive in my sales; targeting both the general markets and my special exclusive customers grin.
Below are some of my exclusive big birds (Noilers) weighing 4.5kg to 5kg which I carefully select and sell to my high end customers at 8k each (some could do better). Friends and family have their own prices too grin. And the average weighted ones are simply shipped off to the market and sold at whatever prices we agree on angry. Same applies to my turkeys. You really have to be very very smart.

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Attit: 7:58am On Dec 23, 2020
noeloge82:

You are quite right my oga. I can feel you, and you know how to tackle it. Yes, my oga Jidestroud has explained what I meant. We will arrive at the same conclusion. Please, read my response to Jidestroud.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Attit: 8:09am On Dec 23, 2020
jidestroud:
Oga Noeloge82 & Attit

You are both right & saying the same thing. Yes, market prices is a major determinant and you can hardly sell your birds above it. Everything boils down to strategy and your targeted market to able to break even. I know for a fact most newbies will be biting their fingers this season because the prices out there does not justify the hardish and struggles we went through in raising the birds. Who would have thought we would be buying broilers for less than 5k after all the unexplainable increase in feeds (and still rising)? But then, come and see big big broilers over here weighing 3kg and above going for 3.5k to 4.5k over here.
It requires a detailed knowledge of the market and how to go about it as my ogas have said. I for example try to be all inclusive in my sales; targeting both the general markets and my special exclusive customers grin.
Below are some of my exclusive big birds (Noilers) weighing 4.5kg to 5kg which I carefully select and sell to my high end customers at 8k each (some could do better). Friends and family have their own prices too grin. And the average weighted ones are simply shipped off to the market and sold at whatever prices we agree on angry. Same applies to my turkeys. You really have to be very very smart.

Chairman, just look at how you segmented your market: Friends, Family, High End Customers, Normal "Jam jam" buyer, etc. Then, you foresaw the reality here and added Noiler earlier. Of course, I am sure you released them on free range to reduce the cost of production at a time. Even not on free range, they do not eat heavily like broilers.

Farmers, it is always like this. The rush for Xmas chickens is usually in Oct/Nov. And when all the hype is over, prices of DOCs drop first drastically, then followed by feed. So, what does this tell us: Artificial hype in price by DOCs and feed sellers every year. This you must avoid. How to do it: Buy all your feed before this period if you can. It is the only way out. You may not be able to avoid high cost of DOC. But what I used to do was to have a regular customer. And then I pay him for all the DOCs ahead in early Sep when its cheap. And I make him promise not to ever tell me he is adding price for me cos I know price will cross over. There are many ways to go about it when one understands the market dynamics. What I have learned is good relationship with all stakeholders is the highest factor for profit making in a developing nation with many untrustworthy people.

On top, the borders have been thrown opened. So, chicken price will definitely crash. All of us here should take note of this: the average market price of broiler is N600 to N800 per kg if selling to normal processors. And you grow to 2kg live birds. It goes higher if you are the supplier to grocery stores, restaurants, or hotels. But if you are selling to processors who eventually sell to end buyers, you will be making mistake if you do not target this price range. For small scale farmers who sell directly to consumers and market women, or to hausas buyers, the average N2,500 to N3,500 for 3kg live birds. Any price above this, you will have to do far beyond normal farmers.

Most chicken out there are old layers and cockrel. How many broilers do you see out there? And there are noiler and other free range breeds too. Let us be wise.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ginaz(f): 11:40am On Dec 23, 2020
Everyone I hope everything is good o. I just sold my birds for 10k each. They weight about 5.8kg . I hope I tried .

The ones not up to 4kg was sold for 7k. So far so good. The birds are not even enough cos customers keep coming , as I am right now, all my birds have been booked and sold .

My first poultry experience is somewhat stressful but beautiful. Thanks to those who helped me along the way, may God bless you all.

I've not calculated my profits yet cos the remaining birds are yet to be taken by their owners.

2 Likes

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Attit: 2:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
Ginaz:
Everyone I hope everything is good o. I just sold my birds for 10k each. They weight about 5.8kg . I hope I tried .

The ones not up to 4kg was sold for 7k. So far so good. The birds are not even enough cos customers keep coming , as I am right now, all my birds have been booked and sold .

My first poultry experience is somewhat stressful but beautiful. Thanks to those who helped me along the way, may God bless you all.

I've not calculated my profits yet cos the remaining birds are yet to be taken by their owners.

N1.7k - N1.8k per kg live chicken. Xmas will be jolijoli for you. wink
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
Fuckjesusandgod:

Hi bro, good morning.
what is the price of your 4 weeks sasso broiler and 4 week noilers chicken? can you send to ondo state? looking forward to your response.
Chat me on 08135348909

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.