Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra (18270 Views)

What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. / See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall / Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by kingreen: 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
anigbajumo:

Dat s y igbo or hausa is da king of Lagos shey,mushin,Ilupeju,Isolo,suru Alaba etc were being ruled traditionally by igbo or hausa?

Gat history student to elucidate you more,first class MUMU
na lie idiat
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by anigbajumo(m): 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2015
kingreen:
na lie idiat

Mumu,ask lagosian or history student....ODE
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by dododawa1: 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
Eko ni baje
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Esdb3: 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2015
laudate:

My Yoruba friend just told me that Oshiomhole could also mean "poverty does not know the thief!"

He also said it could mean "poverty has caught the thief," depending on the accent marks, you put on the vowels. wink

Hehehe.... what a funny language. grin

You mean what a dynamic language.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by otr1(m): 12:18am On Aug 30, 2015
italo:

By your account, Oduduwa came from Egypt to Ileife around 2045 - 4000 years ago.

Did he come with other Yorubas or did he come and meet Yorubas in Ileife?

Are you saying the Yorubas that claim Oduduwa came from heaven, Mecca, are wrong?

Are you saying ichiato is wrong when he says Oduduwa came with Lamurudu from Ekiti/Okun (not Egypt) to Ileife?

Was Oduduwa the first Ooni of Ife?

How many Oonis have there been till date?
The Yoruba did not come in one migration, but in many different migrations – in waves. The first possible migration might be connected with the Hyksos invasion. Some words in the Yoruban vocabulary echo the words used in Egypt in predynastic times and in the early dynastic periods.
The first crop of migrants or southward push of the Egyptians took place about 2000BC – 500BC. The Hyksos invasion (2000-1500BC) caused some of these southward migrations. Many of the black Egyptians seemed to have moved to Yoruba land during this period. .
The second wave of migrations can be referred to as the Black Nubian emigrants. The Nubians were black, they occupied present day Sudan, which was an integral part of the Egyptian Empire. The vocabulary, body scarification, and religious discourse resemble those of the Ijebus. These migrations occurred about 500BC.
A third wave of migration took place between 90BC and 30BC. The present writers feel the personality called Oduduwa, came in that migration trend.
A fourth migration will correspond to the Christian conquest of Egypt, about 100AD.
The last wave of migration will correspond to the Arab enforced emigration, between 700AD – 1100AD, when the Arabs had consolidated their control over Egypt; they chased the last batch of traditional worshipping Egyptians from Egypt. This occurrence would have led to many Yoruba claiming that their ancestors were chased from somewhere in the Middle East for not accepting Islam.
In Yoruba land, people have been living for thousand of years. Hence the Ifes claim 90 “kings” before the advent of Oduduwa! I don't know the exact numbers of Oonis that have ruled in Ife, but they're not less than 50 with Oduduwa being the first of them. So, Oduduwa met other Yorubas who have migrated here before him.
Those that says Oduduwa came from Ekiti/Okun axis are not totally wrong as that's the route he took to Ife when he was coming from Egypt.
If you're talking about the Yoruba account of the creation of the universe, yes, but the person of Oduduwa, the First Ooni of Ife didn't fall from the sky.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 8:11am On Aug 30, 2015
Ichiato:

I see you avoided my mention. Please me who was oduduwas father and why he was banished from benin.

Ogiso Owodo was his father.

I don't know exactly why he was banished...but it was a result of power struggle...and it was unjust.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2015
laudate:

Oga, the spelling is 100% percent correct! No doubt about that. Every child in my school was taught to spell not just his own name correctly, but those of his classmates. I was often selected to write down the names of the noise makers in my class, and Eyi often tried to bribe me with groundnut & popcorn, to remove his name from the list! grin

I'm sorry. Anyone can claim to be classmates of Oba Akenzua's kids.

That is no proof anything.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 8:21am On Aug 30, 2015
Ichiato:

Please don't misconstrue what I meant. I said oduduwa came from the east. The east has been translated to mean quite a few places. I only gave my personal opinion from what I have read. Besides, all the inaccuracies in the the yorubas account of where oduduwa actually came from does not prove that he was a actually a benin man. So please tell us who the father of oduduwa( the benin prince you claim) and why he he was banished from benin. Also why was the ogiso title set aside for the oba of benin?

I don't know.

Yoruba inaccuracies are to much for any of their accounts to be taken seriously.

If you dunno where Oduduwa came from, how can you then say with certainty that he was not from Benin?
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 8:41am On Aug 30, 2015
otr1:

The Yoruba did not come in one migration, but in many different migrations – in waves. The first possible migration might be connected with the Hyksos invasion. Some words in the Yoruban vocabulary echo the words used in Egypt in predynastic times and in the early dynastic periods.
The first crop of migrants or southward push of the Egyptians took place about 2000BC – 500BC. The Hyksos invasion (2000-1500BC) caused some of these southward migrations. Many of the black Egyptians seemed to have moved to Yoruba land during this period. .
The second wave of migrations can be referred to as the Black Nubian emigrants. The Nubians were black, they occupied present day Sudan, which was an integral part of the Egyptian Empire. The vocabulary, body scarification, and religious discourse resemble those of the Ijebus. These migrations occurred about 500BC.
A third wave of migration took place between 90BC and 30BC. The present writers feel the personality called Oduduwa, came in that migration trend.
A fourth migration will correspond to the Christian conquest of Egypt, about 100AD.
The last wave of migration will correspond to the Arab enforced emigration, between 700AD – 1100AD, when the Arabs had consolidated their control over Egypt; they chased the last batch of traditional worshipping Egyptians from Egypt. This occurrence would have led to many Yoruba claiming that their ancestors were chased from somewhere in the Middle East for not accepting Islam.
In Yoruba land, people have been living for thousand of years. Hence the Ifes claim 90 “kings” before the advent of Oduduwa! I don't know the exact numbers of Oonis that have ruled in Ife, but they're not less than 50 with Oduduwa being the first of them. So, Oduduwa met other Yorubas who have migrated here before him.
Those that says Oduduwa came from Ekiti/Okun axis are not totally wrong as that's the route he took to Ife when he was coming from Egypt.
If you're talking about the Yoruba account of the creation of the universe, yes, but the person of Oduduwa, the First Ooni of Ife didn't fall from the sky.

Everything in your Oduduwa story is too ambiguous to be taken serious.

You say he came to Ife between 2000bc and 40bc or something like that. A space of thousands of years.

You say there have been nothing less than 50 Oonis. Meaning there could have been thousands of Oonis.

And these ambiguities are from only you. What if I add the other Yoruba accounts which are totally different from yours. Yorubas can't even agree if Oranmiyan was Oduduwa's son or grandson or great grandson.

The Benin account is far more direct and credible.

They have had 31 Ogisos and 39 Obas and can name all of them with timeline from 40bc till date.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Ovamboland(m): 9:40am On Aug 30, 2015
Whao! You are so on point grin. You know the Yoruba history so well. Good. Since you have said the Benin is far more direct and credible.....I agree.The Oduduwa story is too ambiguous to be taken serious as you said, okay, we have heard you Prof. So what is the conclusion?
italo:

You say he came to Ife between 2000bc and 40bc or something like that. A space of thousands of years.

You say there have been nothing less than 50 Oonis. Meaning there could have been thousands of Oonis.

And these ambiguities are from only you. What if I add the other Yoruba accounts which are totally different from yours. Yorubas can't even agree if Oranmiyan was Oduduwa's son or grandson or great grandson.

They have had 31 Ogisos and 39 Obas and can name all of them with timeline from 40bc till date.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by italo: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2015
Ovamboland:
Whao! You are so on point grin. You know the Yoruba history so well. Good. Since you have said the Benin is far more direct and credible.....I agree.The Oduduwa story is too ambiguous to be taken serious as you said, okay, we have heard you Prof. So what is the conclusion?
All my posts are the conclusion.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Ubenedictus(m): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2015
wytecat:
Eko is a Yoruba word from Ereko/Erekosu.
It seems Eko doesn't mean anything in Benin/Bini, because no one has been able to tell us What these are called in Benin/Bini?

War=
Camp=

We are waiting to see how Benin/Bini got "Eko".

Tell us the word you collapsed into Eko, if

E = War
Ko = Camp

Everyday during Yoruba news, you can hear EREKOSU = ISLAND being mentioned in the news.And what you hear first when "Erekosu" is pronounced is "Eko". So tell us how you came by Eko.

No one could answer this question in other threads, I really hope you here have answers.

eko is not a contraction. Eko is a camp specifically a war camp it is word of its own. The ancient binis had many eko, the present day lagos is just one of them, there is also ekosodin, i.e eko osodin, the war camp of osodin that was tasked with protecting d capital.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Khd95(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2015
Let Nnamdi himself come down to Nigeria nd feel the heat ni...rather than lead hopeless set of mumus to nothin.

If u want biafran,pack ur thins nd vacate Nigeria... grin
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2015
italo:

I don't know.

Yoruba inaccuracies are to much for any of their accounts to be taken seriously.

If you dunno where Oduduwa came from, how can you then say with certainty that he was not from Benin?
Bro there are bound to be inaccuracies in history that were majorly passed down orally. The benin history is no exception to this as the number of ogisos that ruled is still in debate, even the period of their reign is also in debate. The fact that the the yorubas don't known exactly where he came from does not mean they can't say were he didn't come from. The yorubas know his father to be lamurudu and he also had three brothers I think but I can't really remember their names now. He was the head of an invading force from the east not some banished prince. I'm still wandering how a banished prince could ever walk into an unknown area or town and be made king all of a sudden. Lastly please tell me why the title of ogiso was set aside for oba?
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by otr1(m): 11:07am On Aug 30, 2015
italo:

Nothing is ambigious here. Ife had 90 kings before Oduduwa. And with Oduduwa being the first Ooni- also the title of Osiris of Egypt- we've had not less than 50 of them. I believe the Ifes know the number of their Oonis till date.
The Binis account should be more direct because it's much more recent- even me, I know the names of my ancestors passed down orally, up to the 3rd century.
You expect me to give an exact date of Oduduwa arrival at Ife?grin
Sorry, we didn't use this dating system- which most certainly doesn't even exist at the time of Oduduwa. We can only tell by the events that took place at the time and that's what I did- even the current dating system got the birthday of Jesus Christ wrong. I belive and hope, with carbon dating on their relics we'll be able to ascertain the period in time.
Oranmiyan is the youngest grandson of Oduduwa, so there's no confusion about that.

Take it serious or not, it's unthinkable that Ife, where the Yoruba kingship blossomed, would have copied from Benin. This is most evident when we consider the facts that:
* The name, Oba (the Edo word for king), is copied from the Yorubas.
* The heads of the Obas of Benin were taken to Ife, until very recently. The place where the heads of the Obas of Benin were buried is still called “Orun Oba Ado”, “the heaven of the kings of Benin”.
* The Binis normally take permission from the Ooni, to crown new kings. There is no recorded history that the Oonis took permission from the Binis before getting crowned
* The official language in the court of the Oba of Benin until 1934 was Yoruba. There was no time that Bini language was spoken in Ife.

Ekaladerhan name exists in very little, if at all it exists, in the oral tradition of any of the Bini neighbors. There has been no relevant oral tradition among any of their neighbours that can recognize Ekaladerhan or identify him as Oduduwa. So, the Ife claim concerning Oduduwa seems to be more tenable.
All the sources agree that Ogiso Owodo, the father of Ikaladerhan, was a weak "king". How can someone who had just been pardoned by executioners became an Oba in another "Country"?

The civilization in Igodomigodo (Benin of the Ogisos) was quite low compared to that of Ife. How could someone coming from a far less civilized society establish a magnificent kingdom in a much more civilized polity? Archaeological evidence about the Ogiso period had not shown any magnificent civilization.
The alternative Bini version that Ikaladerhan died at Ughoton and was buried there makes more sense.

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Ubenedictus(m): 11:27am On Aug 30, 2015
2sex:
This is an Anambra son dude... I don't by most of the lies peddled by you lots. Come to Benin and tell them the rubbish you are peddling on here na.

I know the Benin history more than you can think off. Formerly, Benin king was called Ogiso. Dude, get your history right. Even the Binis know how they got the name Oba.
even the oba of beni has said it severally that d stool of ife and oyo are from a bini prince, he was supported by oba akiolu of lagos who also confirmed that the lagos stool is also from a bini prince
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Ubenedictus(m): 11:29am On Aug 30, 2015
wytecat:
Hmm! It's clear to be now that Oshiomole is a Yoruba word. If it had meant other thing other than your explanation below, I wouldn't be sure or say anything. But this

When you hear the name "Oshiomole" the first things that will come to your mind are these as Yoruba

Osho = Wizard which can mean "Genius"

Oshi = right hand/confidant of a Deity.

Imole/Irumole = Deity

Now, whichever way you put it, Deity were gods back in the day, and they owned their subjects. Also, factor in how other cultures around them affected the pronunciation and spelling. The heck! Even Ilaje write differently from most Yoruba, and have NOT for once denied their ancestry, or have they?

oshiomhole is NOT a yoruba name as mr oshiomhole is not a yoruba man. Estako don't speak yoruba and have no direct yoruba interaction but you prefer to spead silly explanations dat make no sense, so oshiomhole now means osho imule, genius diety. Sorry dear d name is oshiomhole not oshoimule.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by 2sex(m): 11:31am On Aug 30, 2015
Ubenedictus:
even the oba of beni has said it severally that d stool of ife and oyo are from a bini prince, he was supported by oba akiolu of lagos who also confirmed that the lagos stool is also from a bini prince
why did Bini king change name from Ogiso to Oba? Answer me.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by 2sex(m): 11:33am On Aug 30, 2015
Ubenedictus:

oshiomhole is NOT a yoruba name as mr oshiomhole is not a yoruba man. Estako don't speak yoruba and have no direct yoruba interaction but you prefer to spead silly explanations dat make no sense, so oshiomhole now means osho imule, genius diety. Sorry dear d name is oshiomhole not oshoimule.
this is what you get when you stupidly try to use English to Interprete a dialect.

No mind that thing.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Ubenedictus(m): 11:51am On Aug 30, 2015
wytecat:
What an easy way out Only people who have nothing to say or back up their claims call other liars. Back up your claims and stop being a nuisance.

Lagos state government doesn't put out trash, it's one of the fruits of your inferiority complex. How many false stories do you never do well post around only for them to turn out to be false.
There are many Yoruba with different accounts of how they got to be where they are today Most Yoruba don't even know they are cos we were all known by our different dialects first.

Bini never conquered anything, it's all myth, or what do you see today to suggest that they ever conquered even a poultry farm? The rumour probably started from one drunk Ogiso who was a Joseph the dreamer for a day.

All those area mean ANNEXES.

Ido = settlement

Idumota = Ido Imota
Idumagbo = Ido Imagbo
Eletu = Eletu

Worry about your origin, every Yoruba known where they came from.

Omo Ale is exactly what it says and more, you have to be Yoruba to know more, heck, you have to really understand Yoruba to know that, even we young Yoruba don't really understand deep Yoruba like our elders do, let alone some strangers who happen to hear and speak broken Yoruba.

The bottom line is you don't have Eko meaning in any language except Yoruba.

who told u bini didnt conquer anything? U nid to read up, d present day edo, delta, lagos, parts of ogun, öndon, ekiti were all under d oba of bini. Go and read up
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Ubenedictus(m): 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
2sex:
why did Bini king change name from Ogiso to Oba? Answer me.
dat one is simple. When oranmiyan came to edo, he brought along the title and addressed himself as oba instead of ogie. That act among others divided d royal family. Oranmiyan children kept d title oba.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Ubenedictus(m): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
2sex:
This is an Anambra son dude... I don't by most of the lies peddled by you lots. Come to Benin and tell them the rubbish you are peddling on here na.

I know the Benin history more than you can think off. Formerly, Benin king was called Ogiso. Dude, get your history right. Even the Binis know how they got the name Oba.
ofcuz, d binis got d title oba from d yorubas, and d lagos got their oba from bini.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Ubenedictus(m): 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
kingreen:
Yoruba crown Bini
yoruba dont crown bini, the bini have a chief in charge of that. Stop lying. Yorubas never crown bini.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Ubenedictus(m): 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
wytecat:
Lies, I've been told by an Etsako guy that there are Yoruba speaking villages in his area, and it made sense cos how can there be so many people with Yoruba names when we don't speak the same language with the Bini, so some indigenous people of Yoruba laid the foundation for that. I was also told that older Bini speak Yoruba.

First we don't speak the same language with the modern day Bini and our names are given to commemorate what's happening at the time, so you have to have that ancestry and understand the culture to give those names at that rate.

Second, since the modern day Bini don't speak a Yoruba dialect but deep inside delta some do, I believe these Bini were NOT the original ones, but Ibos that fought and pushed the real Bini (Olukumi, Itsekiri)that were the original owner and Yoruba into Delta, and occupy the land. So it makes sense that the Olukumi and Itsekiri always claim to be from Bini. The modern day Bini may actually be Ibos, and this might explain why they don't see us as one. Ugbo and Itsekiri speak Yoruba dialects, but Bini don't. And this might actually be the conquest they meant.

tell d person to name 1 etsako tribe that speak yoruba. I hate liars.

Older binis dont speak yoruba unless d lived in yoruba land. Older bini people speak bini albit more complete bini.

Lastly bini is not like weak oyo that was felled by nupes. Beni never felled until d british expendition. So ibo never pushed bini people out of bini. The bini people of modern day beni and their ancestors have lived in bini for thousands of years.

D itsekiris migrated from bini in search of more water, d esan migrated under oba eware's cruel regim, d ibo of onicha folowed a guy they call eze chima. Part of oondo migrated with another chief. Ibos never reach bini in war until d biafra civil war.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Ubenedictus(m): 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
otr1:

I'm not disputing the fact that Binis must have had some influence on Eko- no wonder the title of the Island King is Oba; a common name in Yoruba language- but the Yorubas more than a thousand year earlier, had influenced the Binis in no small measure.
Why is the Queen of England not bearing Adebimpe, but we have our people here bearing English names?
That shows you who had influence on who and who colonized who between the Yorubas and the Binis.
The Yorubas are the owners of the "goat"; Binis and the "yam"; Lagos, so it doesn't matter if the "goat" eats the "yam", there's no loss here. Let outsiders mind their own businesses.
the yorubas do not own d binis. Sorry to burst ur bubble.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by flowfury(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
kingreen:
shut ur mouth did ur land contain you wat so call DAT oaf name malu or kalu that foolish unsophisticated element did he knw anything about his community which is talkles of another territory is indescreet about Lagos.yeye igbokery imago hisseses

hehe... na epilepsy dey worry this one o, mumu its obvious dat u didn't finish nursery school i can't even make a meaning from what u jst posted with all your grammatical blunders.i won't go hard on you cos you are an amateur.

and fucking go back to school!!!
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by otr1(m): 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
Ubenedictus:
the yorubas do not own d binis. Sorry to burst ur bubble.
Tell me more. I'm ready to take you on
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by wytecat: 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
I'm not going to ask him anything cos it just ain't worth it. You guys are full of lies and would shift the goal post if I oblige you in anyway, just as your questions have been answered but none of you have answered a simple question directed at you. The Etsako man knows what he talks about every time, and saying some villages speak Yoruba must be true.

The rest of your post is just to defend yourselves, which isn't cutting in, if a non-partisan panel were to examine both of our theories, mine is more believable.

Ubenedictus:
tell d person to name 1 etsako tribe that speak yoruba. I hate liars.

Older binis dont speak yoruba unless d lived in yoruba land. Older bini people speak bini albit more complete bini.

Lastly bini is not like weak oyo that was felled by nupes. Beni never felled until d british expendition. So ibo never pushed bini people out of bini. The bini people of modern day beni and their ancestors have lived in bini for thousands of years.

D itsekiris migrated from bini in search of more water, d esan migrated under oba eware's cruel regim, d ibo of onicha folowed a guy they call eze chima. Part of oondo migrated with another chief. Ibos never reach bini in war until d biafra civil war.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by wytecat: 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
Anyone suffering from inferiority complex can write anything, and I don't read garbage. Your only saving grace is that Yoruba took this long to take you guys seriously after taking for jokes for so long.

Bini never conquered any town, if there was anyone, it was Yoruba that conquered Bini, and you can see that today.

Ubenedictus:
who told u bini didnt conquer anything? U nid to read up, d present day edo, delta, lagos, parts of ogun, öndon, ekiti were all under d oba of bini. Go and read up
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by wytecat: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
Oshiomole may not be a Yoruba, but the name is exclusively a Yoruba name. Someone had already explained what it means here, and it happens to be the Yoruba meaning, and since we don't speak the same language, and you always use our language, I'm going with what we already know.

You are the one pooping on yourself to change what is settled.

Bini has always been a land and part of our history as an extension of Yorubaland but, with missing puzzles about the original owner cos the current occupants are not the historical people of Ile Bini who spoke and still speak Yoruba, they are now the Itsekiri and Olukunmi.

Every Yoruba will always see Bini as a land which the aborigines were pushed out.
Ubenedictus:

Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by wytecat: 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
Spare yourself the anguish by telling us what these words mean.It's simple isn't it.

Camp =
War =

I'll give it to you for at least taking a shot at it after 5 days though. You have

Ekosodin = Eko of sodin
So, why is Eko in Lagos not Eko of Awori or Ijebu, was it an uninhabited land they conquered? How were they able to differentiate between this Eko and all the other very many other Eko?

Ekosodin is just one word, and the "Eko" in it is burrowed from Yoruba just like other things.

When people travel and see what they like they name it. There's Lagos town in Accra, and it doesn't belong to Nigeria.

EKO is exclusively Yoruba, and so it shall remain.

Ubenedictus:
eko is not a contraction. Eko is a camp specifically a war camp it is word of its own. The ancient binis had many eko, the present day lagos is just one of them, there is also ekosodin, i.e eko osodin, the war camp of osodin that was tasked with protecting d capital.
Re: Lagosians R In Trouble! One Secret About Lagos U Don't Know_radio Biafra by Ovamboland(m): 9:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
Good', then you shall become a crown prince of this domain.It shall no longer be necessary to argue. Lagos is now yours as a crown prince. I confer on you the title of Eze-Ode of Lagos. Congratulations!!! may your reign be long. I rest my case.
italo:
All my posts are the conclusion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Return All Our Stolen Artifacts - Lai Mohammed Warns Foreign Nations / Court Orders Gov Lamido, 3 Others To Pay APC Candidate N30m In Damages / Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.