Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble (37763 Views)

Why Dasuki Will Remain In Detention – Presidency / Why Dasuki Will End Up In Prison – Buhari / FFK: Hell Will Let Loose If El-zakzaky, Kanu Or Dasuki Is Murdered In Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by HungerBAD: 1:05am On Jul 18, 2015
■The multi-billion dollar terror fund link
■ $40,000 cash, 3 guns, travel documents recovered in DSS search

FROM ADE ALADE, ABUJA

Contrary to in­sinuations that President Mu­hammadu Bu­hari ordered the arrest of former National Security Adviser, Col Sambo Da­suki because he was the Army officer who led sol­diers to arrest him (Bu­hari) on the day he was overthrown as military Head of State in August 1985, facts emerging from the security circle indi­cate that the retired Army Colonel is wanted in con­nection with multi-billion dollar funds domiciled in his office as NSA.

Between Thursday eve­ning and 6pm yesterday (Friday), Department of State Security Service (DSS) operatives had been searching for Dasuki in his Abuja and Sokoto homes. Though, he was believed to be in his Abuja home. He eventually allowed the DSS detectives to enter his house to execute a search warrant. At the end of the search, it was learnt that items recovered from the house included $40,000, three automatic rifles and his travel documents. The operatives thereafter va­cated the house.

It was however gathered that all funds budgeted for the war against Boko Ha­ram terror and other securi­ty issues were all domiciled in the office of Dasuki as NSA. There are allegations that some of the huge funds were diverted for some ex­traneous purposes rather than the prosecution of the war against terror.

It was also learnt that defence contracts, includ­ing purchase of arms and ammunition that used to be under the Ministry of Defence, were taken over by Dasuki. He dominated the environment, so much so that the Ministry of De­fence was no longer in the know about these transac­tions as they were fully taken over by the office of the NSA.

With huge funds under his control, Service Chiefs and other security chiefs also began reporting to Da­suki, it is alleged.

Saturday Sun further gathered that the disburse­ment of over $3 billion USD already expended in the fight against Boko Ha­ram, was presided over by Dasuki. At a point in time, the funds were also alleg­edly used to finance the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) then especial­ly during the electioneering campaign. Inside sources also say that the immediate past Service Chiefs ought to be quizzed because they also were parties to the disbursement of the terror funds.

It was further gathered that under Dasuki, Min­istry of Defence became toothless and a mere feath­erweight, a development that had never happened before in the nation’s his­tory.

At a point, former Minis­ter of Defence, Gen. Aliyu Gusau became disgruntled and wanted to go because Dasuki took over some of his duties. The former Min­ister felt he was just warm­ing seat. Another reliable security source added that the invasion of Dasuki’s residence by DSS opera­tives has nothing to do with whether he led a team of soldiers to arrest Buhari on Sallah Day some years ago.

“Some people have been trying to portray Buhari as being unforgiving, venge­ful, and that he never for­gets. This is not true and has no connection with the effort to arrest the former ex-NSA. DDS invasion of Dasuki’s house has nothing to do with Buhari. Simply put, his travails with the DSS has to do with bil­lions of terror funds he dis­bursed as NSA”, the source stressed.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/inside-story-of-why-dasuki-is-in-trouble/

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by orobs93(m): 1:09am On Jul 18, 2015
Ok
I want to use this medium to tell every one of us that...love should be the ultimate religion..then the world can be a better place

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by gists: 1:10am On Jul 18, 2015
I am for everybody and I am for nobody ~PMB
Now I want to see the TANoids wail in their usual wailing character grin grin grin
Now, the north will not come out and shout victimization but if a certain Ihejirika is invited for questioning, we all know we need to order container-load of handkerchiefs for many wailers.

Like the police will say in their usual "respectful" manner. Oga Dansuki does not have to worry about anything. All he need do is just follow them to their office and explain - that's all grin grin grin grin grin

219 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 18, 2015
All I can say is that he is Boko Haram sponsor until proven not guilty but I doubt. I like it as he was taken unaware

Who's next!

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by izuch(m): 1:20am On Jul 18, 2015
"Saturday Sun further gathered that the disburse­ment of over $3 billion USD already expended in the fight against Boko Ha­ram, was presided over by Dasuki. At a point in time, the funds were also alleg­edly used to finance the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) then especial­ly during the electioneering campaign. "

All the money spent in re-electing gej and the dude still lost, was it that pmb spent more?
undecided

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by HungerBAD: 1:23am On Jul 18, 2015
izuch:
"Saturday Sun further gathered that the disburse­ment of over $3 billion USD already expended in the fight against Boko Ha­ram, was presided over by Dasuki. At a point in time, the funds were also alleg­edly used to finance the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) then especial­ly during the electioneering campaign. "

All the money spent in re-electing gej and the dude still lost, was it that pmb spent more?
undecided

Hehehehehehehehe see ICAN kwestion.

Perfect question SIR.

16 Likes

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by egift(m): 1:26am On Jul 18, 2015
It is on record that Trillions of Naira Jonathan budgeted for Defense were squandered under the former NSA and our soldiers were sent to war-front with dilapidated weapons.

So PDP can Wail all they like but now or later, someone will answer for the corruption that undermined the nation and led to the death of over 20,000 Nigerians under Jonathan's administration.

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by drss(m): 1:27am On Jul 18, 2015
Three guns were found in his home, so what? Is he not a retired soldier? $40,000 found in his home: Well, that amount is a lot smaller compared to the $3 billion allegedly misappropriated by Dasuki.
But who cares? The zoo must fall.

12 Likes

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by illiad: 1:30am On Jul 18, 2015
i
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by dustmalik: 1:36am On Jul 18, 2015
I hope he gets prosecuted.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by collinsVP: 1:46am On Jul 18, 2015
The main objective is to recover the public fund ear-marked and disbursed to him but was never put to use.

Anybody asking for evidence and why democratic principles are not been observed, should,

1. give me an evidence that the woman you call mummy is actually your mother.

2. Tell me if any probe on misappropriation of public fund subjected to democratic process ever achieved it's desired result under GEJ. How many committee did he set up in his regime to probe one case of misappropriation or the other? Was any resolved?

Since we desire a different result, we must learn to do things differently. And the approach is the adoption of what I call "the concept of expediency". It is not always right to sideline democratic process but could also be expedient to sideline it when the desired result is for the interest of the Nigeria citizenry.

All actions and inactions of Nigeria leadership that has human face is OK by me.

God bless Nigeria.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by babajero(m): 1:58am On Jul 18, 2015
Apc election is over, stop the propaganda, propaganda is not good in governance.

5 Likes

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by shaqhead: 2:02am On Jul 18, 2015
gists:
Now I want to see the TANoids wail in their usual wailing character grin grin grin
Now, the north will not come out and shout victimization but if a certain Ihejirika is invited for questioning, we all know we need to order container-load of handkerchiefs for many wailers.

Like the police will say in their usual "respectful" manner. Oga Dansuki does not have to worry about anything. All he need do is just follow them to their office and explain - that's all grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by PassingShot(m): 2:31am On Jul 18, 2015
collinsVP:
The main objective is to recover the public fund ear-marked and disbursed to him but was never put to use.

Anybody asking for evidence and why democratic principles are not been observed, should,

1. give me an evidence that the woman you call mummy is actually your mother.

2. Tell me if any probe on misappropriation of public fund subjected to democratic process ever achieved it's desired result under GEJ. How many committee did he set up in his regime to probe one case of misappropriation or the other? Was any resolved?

Since we desire a different result, we must learn to do things differently. And the approach is the adoption of what I call "the concept of expediency". It is not always right to sideline democratic process but could also be expedient to sideline it when the desired result is for the interest of the Nigeria citizenry.

All actions and inactions of Nigeria leadership that has human face is OK by me.

God bless Nigeria.
By all means necessary, Dasuki and his cohorts must be held to account for their evil deeds against the nation. Wailing wailers can wail till eternity, it's their choice.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by hedonistic: 4:15am On Jul 18, 2015
I don't see how the "recovery" of 3 guns and a mere $40,000 adds any value or spice to the DSS invasion of his house. As a retired senior military officer and NSA for that matter, you would expect him to have guns for personal protection, so what? Then $40k is roughly N10 million. That can't even buy a good car these days; the pure water Toyota Prado that litters Abuja streets costs at least N15 million. Even many mistresses and high class ashawos in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja have that in cash or jewellery in their rooms, so big deal?

Tell us something more meaningful. If he embezzled billions of dollars, where is the evidence? Where is the money trail?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by mediastunt: 4:27am On Jul 18, 2015
Too complex!

1 Like

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by gabng(m): 5:01am On Jul 18, 2015
hedonistic:
I don't see how thie "recovery" of 3 guns and a mere $40,000 adds any value or spice to the DSS invasion of his house. As a retired senior military officer and NSA for that matter, you would expect him to have guns for personal protection, so what? Then $40k is roughly N10 million. That can't even buy a good car these days; the pure water Toyota Prado that litters Abuja streets costs at least N15 million Even many mistresses and high class ashawos in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja have that in cash or jewellery in their rooms, so big deal?

Tell us something more meaningful. If he embezzled billions of dollars, where is the evidence? Where is the money trail?

It is mindsets like yours that has helped to make this nation backward.

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by luvmijeje(f): 5:13am On Jul 18, 2015
Saturday Sun further gathered that the disburse­ment of over $3 billion USD already expended in the fight against Boko Ha­ram, was presided over by Dasuki. At a point in time, the funds were also alleg­edly used to finance the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) then especial­ly during the electioneering campaign. Inside sources also say that the immediate past Service Chiefs ought to be quizzed because they also were parties to the disbursement of the terror funds.

I see! I now understand the wailing of Metuh. I can now see why Boko Haram was more stronger than the Nigerian Military. I can see why thousands of lives have been wasted. And I've know why they threw the kitchen sink at Buhar during the election period.

Mr President, Nigerians who voted for you and those that believe in this country are behind you.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by Jesusloveyou: 5:19am On Jul 18, 2015
PUSH1:
All I can say is that he is Boko Haram sponsor until proven not guilty but I doubt. I like it as he was taken unaware

Who's next!

madueke

11 Likes

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by domack99(m): 6:01am On Jul 18, 2015
You can see the reason why they say Nigerians are the architect of our doing. we got our self to this mess. I have read different comments from several thread on Dasuki issue and so worrisome some people called it witch hunting and labelling PMB all sort of names.

If you don't like a your leader that does not mean you should pray for his/her down fall, its like boarding a plane piloted by your enemy whom you pray for his down fall, if you prayer is answered on air you are a dead meat.

Critics should tell Nigerians what the DSS should do in this case atleast they got a search warrant and election is still close to four years from now so why is PDP lamenting

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by cvibe2: 6:50am On Jul 18, 2015
domack99:
You can see the reason why they say Nigerians are the architect of our doing. we got our self to this mess. I have read different comments from several thread on Dasuki issue and so worrisome some people called it witch hunting and labelling PMB all sort of names.

If you don't like a your leader that does not mean you should pray for his/her down fall, its like boarding a plane piloted by your enemy whom you pray for his down fall, if you prayer is answered on air you are a dead meat.

Critics should tell Nigerians what the DSS should do in this case atleast they got a search warrant and election is still close to four years from now so why is PDP lamenting

You have been praying for your enemy to "Fall down and die!". Then you board a plane piloted by your enemy. Please what will be your prayer point for your enemy henceforth?

13 Likes

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by omenka(m): 6:51am On Jul 18, 2015
gists:

7 Likes

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by themilanway(m): 7:06am On Jul 18, 2015
hedonistic:
I don't see how thie "recovery" of 3 guns and a mere $40,000 adds any value or spice to the DSS invasion of his house. As a retired senior military officer and NSA for that matter, you would expect him to have guns for personal protection, so what? Then $40k is roughly N10 million. That can't even buy a good car these days; the pure water Toyota Prado that litters Abuja streets costs at least N15 million. Even many mistresses and high class ashawos in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja have that in cash or jewellery in their rooms, so big deal?

This is how broke and poverty stricken people talk and think.$40,000 is mere?You that haven't touch a $100 dollar in your wretched life thinks $40,000 is mere.

And those that were busy running their mouth of how and why the DSS didn't obtain a search warrant before going to arrest the man should bury their hypocrites head in shame.

I will keep saying it PDP/Jonathan supporters are the most hypocrital beings alive any where in the world.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by Addme: 7:13am On Jul 18, 2015
cc:lalasticlala Can this be on the frontpage and let's stop the wailings of the wailing wailers.

4 Likes

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by hedonistic: 7:26am On Jul 18, 2015
themilanway:

This is how broke and poverty stricken people talk and think.$40,000 is mere?You that haven't touch a $100 dollar in your wretched life thinks $40,000 is mere.

Why not speak for yourself, you frustrated pig.

4 Likes

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by themilanway(m): 7:30am On Jul 18, 2015
hedonistic:

Why not speak for yourself, you frustrated pig.

grin grin grin grin Dunce,I just did.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by Beremx(f): 7:33am On Jul 18, 2015
You can Imagine how Jonathan turned the military very useless all because of Dasuki's greed.
Baba Buhari, please make sure Sambo Dasuki vomits the money he stole. he must not be allowed to go free.
I just seem to wonder if the Dasuki's are born thieves? I remember vividly how Sambo's father,the former sultan of sokoto, Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki was dethroned as the sultan for embezzlement of funds by Abacha in 1996 or so. It was very shameful to see a whole Sultan shamefully dethroned for corruption.

39 Likes

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 18, 2015
Nigerians are the most pathetic set of hypocrates I have ever seen. We are all complaining about how Nigeria as a country have been unable to defeat bokoharam.
This terrible situation we find ourselves as a country did not happen by providence or faith. Some people where responsible for it and we must find those people and deal with them appropriately. If Dasuki is found culpable in anyway he should be dealt with without blinking of an eye. Enough is enough terrorism in any form must be defeated.
God bless Nigeria.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by infinitygroup(m): 7:58am On Jul 18, 2015
Ok
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by Afrocatalyst: 7:58am On Jul 18, 2015
Hmmm... That's deep. What was he doing with those tins
Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by emamos: 7:58am On Jul 18, 2015
hedonistic:
I don't see how thie "recovery" of 3 guns and a mere $40,000 adds any value or spice to the DSS invasion of his house. As a retired senior military officer and NSA for that matter, you would expect him to have guns for personal protection, so what? Then $40k is roughly N10 million. That can't even buy a good car these days; the pure water Toyota Prado that litters Abuja streets costs at least N15 million. Even many mistresses and high class ashawos in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja have that in cash or jewellery in their rooms, so big deal?
are you working with them

24 Likes

Re: Inside Story Of Why Dasuki Is In Trouble by moscobabs(m): 7:58am On Jul 18, 2015
It doesn't affect me

Next story pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office / Falana: Zulum’s Reward Of Obiageli Mazi Indictment On Divisive Politicians / Youths Playing Football In The Street Of Okota, Lagos On Election Day (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.