Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? (21429 Views)

Is It Possible For Parents To Love Their Children Equally? / Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast / Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by ifeomaekol(f): 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
Am d youngest in my family n d least liked---------- my mum often times ll call my elder sisters name wheneva she wnts to call me, (inwardly it hurts) bt am used to it n I thnk God for understanding, while growing up she took all d lime light, guess cos she was sO social, fun to be wt n I was on d reserved side. Wen it comes to d boys she loves dem die. Thnk God I stil turned out right. So yes most nt all parents love a particlar child more than d rest.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by babadem2much(m): 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2015
I will boldly say yes because I have 2 boys and a girl but I will tell you honestly before God on heaven I can not tell you whom among them I love most because they all impress me n made me proud. I just don't know who to chose amongst the the 3. I really love them

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by HINCO(m): 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2015
this question deserves no answer sef
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by chickpum(f): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
Wish I can just have one kid,give him/her all the love. If my future hubby will agree, the truth is there must be one u will cherish more.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by mctech(m): 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2015
trendphemmy:
it isn't possible, at a young age, d first or the smartest is loved most, over time d most successful
in the long run it's all abov MONEY.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2015
Shine1177:
I have a girl and a boy. It seems I love my daughter (first born) more but I know my son is my heir (Arole) so I try to shower them love equally. Their mother must have observe it.

I think you shouldn't make a difference between your kids. That is the job of the society. They are both your heirs. If she becomes successful tomorrow, your name will come first before her husband's. Although she is not your 'arole', they cannot sing her praise in traditional functions withut mentioning you and your family compound.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2015
ifeomaekol:
Am d youngest in my family n d least liked---------- my mum often times ll call my elder sisters name wheneva she wnts to call me, (inwardly it hurts) bt am used to it n I thnk God for understanding, while growing up she took all d lime light, guess cos she was sO social, fun to be wt n I was on d reserved side. Wen it comes to d boys she loves dem die. Thnk God I stil turned out right. So yes most nt all parents love a particlar child more than d rest.

Pele

You shouldn't be too sad about it. That happens often with in some families. I think it also because your sister is more social than you are.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Shine1177: 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
oreos:

I think you shouldn't make a difference between your kids. That is the job of the society. They are both your heirs. If she becomes successful tomorrow, your name will come first before her husband's. Although she is not your 'arole', they cannot sing her praise in traditional functions withut mentioning you and your family compound.
Correct. I just love them all.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
tunergy:
That is a question no parent can answer truthfully.

Parents cant love al their kids awqually they will always have favorites, this is the genesis of family feuds,. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Pidggin(f): 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2015
[ author=Shine]I have a girl and a boy. It seems I love my daughter (first born) more but I know my son is my heir (Arole) so I try to shower them love equally. Their mother must have observe it.

Hope you don't let her know you have no plans for her future? My advice, think of investing for both kids, and stop this Arole thing o.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by mamziii(f): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2015
tobimillar:

You sure ur dad is not quaffing you?
well not all fathers can commit incest like urs.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by thundafire: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2015
yes parent do have a favourite child mostly due to hw dy child was born nd jst dy natural instinct it doesn't mean dy most love dier most successful child cs me am dy most favored in my dad eyes
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Ephemmm: 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You can love all your children equally , why would you even love one more than the other ?. For some people it may seem the parents love one more than the other but it doesn't necessarily mean so , I'll give the example of twin girls living next door to me some years back , the older of the twin ( Taye ) is a very expressive girl always jovial , happy to meet anyone and is ready to play with even strangers , this makes her amiable and seemingly more loved by her parents while the younger ( Kehinde ) is more reserved and prefers to stay alone. Most times you'd need to prod her to get her to socialize in a gathering while the twin sister only needs to see just one person and she's already on hyper drive. I noticed this and implored the parents to focus more on the younger sister so that she doesn't feel unloved seeing that Taye gets all the attention ( this doesn't mean they love Taye less ). My advice paid off and today Kehinde is as jovial as her sister and they both feel equally loved.

Forget man! You can't love two things equally unless you are deceiving yourself. It is not about being partial; it is a law of nature. Even if you don't want to, the personalities, likeness, resemblance, bravery, confidence, physical appearance of your children, which can never be the same would influence it.

The ability to suppress the feeling of showing the likeness of a child than the other is what distinguishes each parents.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Timijo(m): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
haytripple:
Just curious! I know it is not good to have preference among ones kids but I know parents love one than the other even tough they don't admit.
Is it possible for all the children in a family to please their parents?
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by 123taiye: 4:08pm On Sep 03, 2015
You can love all your children equally, but differently. If you have three children A,B and C. If A needs a wave to smile, B needs a hug and C needs to be tickled. If you make all three smile by doing the different things that would make each of them smile, you have loved them equally but the love was expressed differently.

Equal love does not imply equal action, it only tries to ensure equal impact.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by preciousjun(m): 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
It depends on the circumstances surrounding the birth of the child. Secondly a child's behaviour towards his or her parents will make them like him or her more than others.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by 3kay945(m): 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
PassingShot:

I love my children very equally. The amount of love for each may switch depending on situations and behavior at any given time.

Nothing is difficult in it. Just deal with issues in very rational and objective way and you'll realize it's very possible to love them equally.

It also depend on their age and number of children you have. I doubt if you can say above if you have four or five children.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by 3kay945(m): 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2015
123taiye:
You can love all your children equally, but differently. If you have three children A,B and C. If A needs a wave to smile, B needs a hug and C needs to be tickled. If you make all three smile by doing the different things that would make each of them smile, you have loved them equally but the love was expressed differently.

Equal love does not imply equal action, it only tries to ensure equal impact.

I love your logic.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Adaeze003(f): 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2015
haytripple:
Even though am yet to have a kid, bt when I was still young I love carrying male child n I knw I will love my male child than female....I don't knw how to change that perspective.

You better change it or not show it. A girl that wasn't shown love by her dad will end up searching the wrong places for it.
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by ihedioramma: 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2015
haytripple:
Just curious! I know it is not good to have preference among ones kids but I know parents love one than the other even tough they don't admit.
If other parents dont love there children the way they love the other one, i cant do that . i all love them .
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by chito14(f): 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
Chestar5:
For where

Its not possible @ all i come from a family of five children and i have seen its not,

my mumsi loves my brother because he is d only boy and her first child while popsy prefers my sister(our 2nd to d last born), she is his pet, then he gives her more pocket money when she was in uni....but me who knows me cry...me wey b lastborn i dont have any special treatment at all as if i b mistake sad.... embarassed

Iam so sad to here that my dear!
You are a Strong one. Keep on being who you are and learn from this mistake your parents did.
so thread your one Kids not the same way
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Mrcapability7: 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2015
Yes it is true my dad almost ruined our family because of this, we are seven children, my dad love and cherished elderest(sister)... He doesn't listen to us and mother without consulting my elder sister(what kind of father is that, that's madness) and his judgment perished.. It become worst when my sister had accident in 2004 and forwarding, i,my siblings and mother stopped performing duties as a sons and mother to him, thats when it struck him there is other gather than one offspring.. I can truthfully tell you we hate my elder sister for trying stole my dad especially from mom..

Even in the bible out of twelve sons and other children and grandchildren jacob loves joseph more than them(because of rechael) and out of twelve tribes of israel God loved choosed tribe of judah over others (for his brave standing up to his brothers, telling their father truth about joseph and also he was strongest of all,intelligent and hunter> lionheart)
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by akwunmi(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2015
it is not possible simply bcoz evry child wit different attitude how ever it is very compulsory for parents to b JUST to all their children, let D one u love most b in ur mind ONLY..don't evn let him know u love him most...just b kind all of DEM,don't buy an iPhone 6 4d one u love most N buy techno 4d 1wey u no too gbadun,...dats injustice N fit cos big problem... b warn N wise
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Begonia(m): 5:41pm On Sep 03, 2015
ifeomaekol:

Oh! That must really hurt.
In the end, all things work together for good.
I hope you stay strong.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Chestar5(f): 5:42pm On Sep 03, 2015
chito14:

Iam so sad to here that my dear!
You are a Strong one. Keep on being who you are and learn from this mistake your parents did.
so thread your one Kids the same.

thanks dear, am used to it already embarassed
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by EazyMoh(m): 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
haytripple:
Loving them equally and treating them equally are two different things. the former is extremely rare! and it's not that the parents don't wanna admit it, it's just that many don't know. the latter is what many use to justify that they love the kids equally.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by Begonia(m): 5:51pm On Sep 03, 2015
mamziii:
well not all fathers can commit incest like urs.
He definitely deserved this.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by angelofurlife: 6:03pm On Sep 03, 2015
I wouldn't want to say much on my experience as a growing up kid, but I can tell that it is very very bad for a parent to love a child more than the other. U may say they can't love them equally because they are not demi gods but the contempt it breeds is not good at all. Thank god my mom learnt her lesson.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by chito14(f): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Chestar5:

thanks dear, am used to it already embarassed

embarassed embarassed
Can i ask you how old you are?
Have you try to talk with them about how you realy feel,
But in respektful levels?
Re: Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? by olutunde12(m): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2015
Some parents do it mostly for children that look very much like them. Many parents that i know love one child or the other but not about making it or not making it. I child is loved from infancy, and no child mkes it from the womb. Only 419 parents do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Broken Eye Socket And Knocked Teeth – Lady Shares Her Story Of Domestic Violence / Why Do Ladies Go With Tissue Paper If They Want To Piss? / Pastor Seeks Dissolution Of 15 Years Marriage Over Nagging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.