Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,364 members, 7,957,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:35 AM

A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog (37578 Views)

Autopsy On A Dog That Ate Big Bone (Photos) / This HUGE Rat Bigger Than A Dog Was Found Near A Children’s Playground / Benefits Of Having A Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by chudidonas(m): 10:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
Caracta:
I experienced it once when I was about 7 years old. I was running an errand for my mum and decided to choose a shorter route. I was singing and excited for a reason I cannot remember. Then I passed in-between two uncompleted buildings. The fences were so narrow like typical Lagos buildings.

Suddenly, I looked up and saw a dog staring at me. Then it started walking towards me. Very narrow wall. I froze. I stopped singing. I started crying. The dog walked closer looking mean and angry. I ran. The dog barked and ran after me.

Then I fell. The dog charged towards me and barked right at my face. Then it climbed over me and went the other way.

For a young child, that was a terrible experience that gives me goose bumps each time I remember. I refuse to forgive that dog and every other dog. I cannot simply love a dog. It has become natural. I was disrespected, ridiculed and bullied by one of them without an apology!

LOOOL. As a cannine lover, I humbly apologise on their behalf ma'am grin

3 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by missmary(f): 10:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
Gofwane:
Yes!
I still remember that day. It was in 2003 when i lost my mum and my grandmum asked my dad to bring us to be staying with our uncles while my dad returns to gombe state.

On that fateful day, my uncle sent me to buy kerosine.

On my way, i was attacked by this ugly looking ekuke local dog. Y'all know how local dogs use to be very fierce in those days unlike these days.

So i picked race and ran back home. My uncle got mad at me and started saying i won't eat if i don't go out and buy the kerosine but for where? I on gree in.

He got angry and snatch the gallon and money from me and headed out angrily.

Not up to a minute i started gearing foot steps and someone calling my name to please open the door.

I looked through the window and saw my tall uncle running for his dear life and that same dog was chasing him!

In my childish thinking, i ran locked the door with keys so that the dog doesn't come in when i open the door.

Na so uncle bang the door like say he wan break am but i no send. Oboy, nobody told him to run go enter our neighbour's house... Smh
Adondie grin

3 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by cbrass(m): 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
Omotayor123:

True... But for how long will you freeze Especially when you have something/somewhere important to do/go

Seun advice is the best , it has happened to me on two occasions like that and I just stood, one thing is this no man can run faster than a dog not even usain bolt, now imagine a Dobberman chasing you, it will catch up with you in no time.
Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by mgbedianya(m): 10:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
Bukiminaj:

Lie detector.still commenting with a broken screen,ow manage?
gorilla glass things, cracked
Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by phadat(m): 10:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
mine was back then in primary school , we live in a block of four flats and behind the house was a boys quarter and my friend Wale stays in the bq with his aunt , in this very compound that is the bq they have this dog called bingo, each time Wales keeps inviting me over to their house cos he is not comfortable anytime he is in my house my parents were the strict type.
one fateful morning I was bored at home hence I decided to go over to wale's compound forgetting that they had a dog as I walked into the compound and bingo sighted me he ran after me and I bolted out of the compound shouting for Wales to come to my rescue, instead of Wales to do that he ran after the dog shouting at me to stop that the dog won't bite , who sai me I no wan hear I cursed Wales ancestors, as I ran but couldn't outrun the dog and he caught up with me and flung herself at me pulling at my short knickers by now I was in tears but stood still while the dog continued barking at me .I stopped talking to Wales after that incident

6 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
Midehi:

you think i can't detect you hun?

I knw u can't cos u wld be very busy
Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
Myself, my brother and a friend went to visit a friend ...they had a dog that is normally caged during day time but on this faithful maybe they forgot the dog was not cage....we being ignorant of this....we entered the compound CArelessly ( the building is far from the gate). We almost reached the building when this dog sighted us nah so we sight am back...see gobe. we don't have to be told what we needed to do # we pickes race nah so the dog chase after us and as an obese kid I was lagging behind as the devil will have it the dog caught up with me. Funny enough the dog passed me , ignored me and chased after the others. Nah so I sharply ran back to the main building with tears in my eyes ofcourse.

8 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Sharmeenator(m): 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
Mine happened when I was 11. There used to be this big dog in my neighborhood then, the biggest around. One fateful day, I led a gang of fellow young rascals: two cousins, two friends and one small boy to harass the dog. I was the leader of the expedition cheesy We started by sticking out our tongues mimicking a dog while breathing. We were aware that this can piss off a dog and should be avoided, but we foolishly ignored this as the rascals we were and kept harassing the dog. The dog stood up several times to change his location but we followed him each time. We were enjoying every bit of it until the hell was let loose. The dog simply couldn't take it anymore and stood to challenge us. When the dog stood to chase us, I was the one in front, so everyone turned back to run which automatically placed me behind everyone. The unfortunate thing was that where we were was narrow and it could only take a person at a time. I had no choice but to run in the opposite direction making me be the lone target of the dog. As fast as I was running, I was already saying my last prayer before I would be torn apart by an angry dog. Even Usain Bolt couldn't have run faster than I did that fateful day. There was this canal so wide I unbelievably jumped before launching myself under the bed of a friend's house not far from the scene. It was later I learnt that the owner of the dog who was not far had called the dog long before I stopped running. It was such a terrible day I just can't knock off from my memory. Ever since then, I have lost love for dogs, just can't stand dogs now angry

7 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Evicsholar(f): 10:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
I kindda dislike animals esp dogs n lizzards. There was a day, a woman asked me to help call her twins from their friend's house. As i got to the compound, these local dogs came to welcome me. I had been given the theory that i can scare the dogs away by mere bending down to pick stones so i decided to praticalise it. As i bent to pick the stones,d dogs didnt stop from coming toward me, then i was damned scared so i ran d dog pursued. At a time as i ran, i could feel d hairs on d dog's mouth on my leg. My long jump instinct came to play. I began to run toward a lonely bushy path, then i remembered Ralia the sugar girl. So many tinz started runing through my great mind. finally, i tipped and fell. I just laid flat for d dog to bite me since d opportunity had come. I was like dat for some minutes only to look back to see the yeye dog staring at me. Since then, my hatred for dogs doubled sad

9 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by janefrancisca(f): 10:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
Dogs are very lovely and friendly companions if u get close to them. just don't let them smell your fear and when being barked at, avoid body movements that may seem like an attack on them. Though sometimes they could be possessive. I remember beating Ella, our female dog for staining my washed clothes with mud while she was playing, her male partner who is my favourite in the house jumped out of nowhere and barked at me ferociously and ended the bark with their squeaky sound when they know they av effed up real bad or locked out of the main house. Would love to have dogs, monkeys, parrots and cats and maybe harmless snakes too :oin my own house with my hubby someday. grin kiss yeah am an animal lover grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
figo05:

I knw u can't cos u wld be very busy
i will be vigilant now...grin
Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
Caracta:
I experienced it once when I was about 7 years old. I was running an errand for my mum and decided to choose a shorter route. I was singing and excited for a reason I cannot remember. Then I passed in-between two uncompleted buildings. The fences were so narrow like typical Lagos buildings.

Suddenly, I looked up and saw a dog staring at me. Then it started walking towards me. Very narrow wall. I froze. I stopped singing. I started crying. The dog walked closer looking mean and angry. I ran. The dog barked and ran after me.

Then I fell. The dog charged towards me and barked right at my face. Then it climbed over me and went the other way.

For a young child, that was a terrible experience that gives me goose bumps each time I remember. I refuse to forgive that dog and every other dog. I cannot simply love a dog. It has become natural. I was disrespected, ridiculed and bullied by one of them without an apology!

Lolz nice story
Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Princepri(m): 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
Seun:
I've never been chased by a dog. When I see a scary dog, my instinctive reaction is to freeze and look away, not to run. This hasn't failed yet.
Oga seun are you still looking for a anti scammers mod please iam interested because i have this euphoria for scammers i know how to fish them out
Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Lacomb(m): 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
First encounter was in Primary school, at a friend's house, was bitten by one of their dogs. The yeye dog bit my "yansh". Before this time I wasn't afraid of dogs oh! Loved them, cared and fed them. Fast forward to NYSC in Wushihsi, Niger State, was very hungry this particular night and decided I would eat Indomie, went out to get the Indomie and eggs, there was no electricity at the time and it was past 8pm, on my way to the lodge, I passed by this neighborhood where they had hunting dogs (lots of them), immediately I saw one of them afraid catch me, my liver fail completely. Before I could say Lacomb, it started barking and the others started rushing towards me, na so I take cover, entered the next compound, saw an open door, without thinking I dashed inside. Then the dogs went away, when the owner of the house a woman who doesn't understand English heard the dogs and my scream, she came out, only to find me in her kitchen! See gbege! Na so the woman begin shout "barawo, barawo" (thief, thief), double wahala, I was trying to explain to her in English " I no understand or speak hausa". Before I knew it people started rushing towards the house, luckily one man stopped them "while laughing" he later told me he was watching from a distance. He explained everything to them and they started laughing too. My hunger disappeared sharply, the Indomie i no even see again. It's a day I will never forget. Now if I see a dog, I map my escape strategy from far.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by moseph(f): 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
I experienced it one morning while going to school(jss2) dat 2007.That day was a wednesday and we usually had sports,i was dressed in my sports wear and my white sneakers smiling happily to sch,only for me to see a dog walking to me,i was scared but didn't run but when the dog open it's mouth close to my leg,i had to run and was screaming at the same time,and i jumped over a little fence which on a normal day i could'nt jump.one old woman was like ''egbe soh egbe soh sha sha(meaning dont run,dont run),i ended up falling and was still screaming,yet the dog did not leave until my brother's friend chased the dog away,unknown to dat my mom and my brothers were hearing my voice frm my house,they still make fun of me till 2day.

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Eniqurl(f): 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
I hate dogs nd am always scared of them. I freeze whenever I see a dog nd I feel like I wana pee

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by myked(m): 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2015
I love running much more than playing football, & so, I jog every morning (Monday - Saturday ) except when I fall ill. I don't fear dogs because I believe in my speed & I trust God. As I went out one morning jogging to d main road I heard some funny sounds (I could barely see 3 dogs,.. .. no light) I knew dogs were after me so I quickly turned in their direction & ran directly towards them... Mehn d dogs all scattered & ran in different directions..... my mind dey beat but I ran back home dat day..... even in skul now, I go home like 3 or 4am after reading, the dogs don't come after me, dey don't bark.. .. they just look @ me as I walk past 'em... I wonder why

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by pofolo(m): 10:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
Richy was a neighbour dog. whisky with a lot of hair. I've always treated the dog badly each time I visit the owners knowing the dog is always on chain.
1 faithful day, while knocking on the main entrance door, Richy wasn't chained........he escaped via the back door, omo see 4-40, I ran towards the tree in the compound and wanted to dribble the dog by rounding the tree. . .

the tree branch gave me "cloth line", just like wrestlemania, I passed out, only to be wakened by Richy kisses/licks on my face.
Naa dat day me and the dog became pardy.

6 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
This brings back memories. When I was younger, I was too scared of dogs (I have no idea why). There was a time I visited a family for holiday who happened to have a dog. They noticed my fear of dogs and I never knew they were planning to rid me of it. They tell me to go feed the dog but I always refuse as I wanted nothing to do with the beast.
One faithful day, we were playing in the compound and As I turned round, I saw uncle Dolapo (I have not forgiven u for this) coming with the dog in chains. Before I could say 'onku', he let go of the chain. I dusted my shoes (ok, I didn't) and took to my heels with the beast following suit. I circled the compound two times before finally dashing into the house almost breaking the glass door. I locked everyone out and i was convinced that they wanted to kill me and i only opened the door when grandma arrived. I reported to Grandma who waved it off saying the dog wanted to play with me. To cut the long story short, I and the dog later became buddies and I fed and bathe it regularly. I miss you lucky...

4 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Awesome01(m): 11:02pm On Aug 30, 2015
My dog-experience can never be forgotten as the scar I got as a consequence is still on my forehead.

I was a little troublesome then in primary school. On this fateful day I and my co-rascals on our street, went to disturb a female dog that just had puppies and hid them under an abandoned volks tortoise car.

Being the ring leader I was the one using a stick to pull the puppies from the cover of their mum, she started growling and barking as a warning. I didn't listen.

Then the chase began, this dog left every other person and followed me, it chased me through the street barking, with no where else to go, I headed home.

There was a mechanic workshop in front of our compound, I ran in looking back to check if I'm still being chased, on turning my head forward, my skull was pierced by an iron rod clamped to a vice by a welder for cutting.

I woke up the next day in the General Hospital with a bandaged head. The funny thing is that I was told the dog did not bite me in my transfixed position, it turned and left me there with blood gushing out.

5 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by UjSizzle(f): 11:04pm On Aug 30, 2015
Caracta:

Apology? Lmao na craze dey worry you ni grin

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
Mine happened about 5 years ago. I just moved into a new compound and my landlady had this mad dog that usually liked sleeping on my corrider . I chased it away one night. What I didn't know was that " dog dey keep something for mind like human" . As I was about going out of the compound the nxt day, this dog started barking @ me. I knew I was in trouble immediately and to add salt to injury, the owner wasn't around. When I got closer to the gate , this dod started chasing me. I first ran in a 360 degree manner and it followed suit then I ran towards the fence and I didn't even know when I dived over it like I was competing for gold in high jump. I didn't evn know I could dive until that day. Though my phone got destroyed in the process and the dog eventually sold, I stl think back at that day and just laugh.

3 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by mimicious(f): 11:10pm On Aug 30, 2015
Richybang:
close to my crib there is this house owned by 6 dogs the aggressive once are capon and bull once the gate is opened you have to stay were you are no movement one Faithful day normally me and my pals do gather up by 3:30pm for football so the ball started for like 20min my friend (ak) was with the ball and i was close to him make i change English na so the gate open the owner of the dog was driving out those i was playing ball with quickly climbed the nearest tree they shouted i and yemi name before we could turn back see the two dogs i could not move my feet when i looked at my friend(ak) he was two building away i followed in the running they ran after us my busstop is just like express road you have carefully for us there was no time to look we just ran across the road i didn't know when i passed my mom shop we were faster than fast and furious what was ringing in my head was (run,dog,run,dog) on the marathon run with the dogs we can across an opened gate and closed it with full speed after some minutes the owner came to take the dogs away when we got to my mom shop she was like were we the one that ran we said yes she started laughing saying what she heard was zoom,zoom(i and ak) we were running like fowls

The zoom zoom cracked me up
Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
juicee1:
cool

I remember my childhood years in Navy camp site Apapa lagos. The neighbourhood was like a nice american neighbourhood with houses situated in large plots of land with each house fenced by christmas trees. The next plot from ours had a crazy dog called bully. Bully had the colour pattern of a Rottweiler/GSD mix and was a female. The whole neighbourhood was scared of the dog. This dog was so wicked and fearless that it could chase you right in your own plot of land. I remember how it chased I and my friend right in my own compound for no damn reason. While the dog was on me, I made sure I ran closer to my friend just to shake the dog off me and ensure he had a share of the chase too, a thing he also did. This made the chase very long, but along the line we realised that the dog was no more behind us.

Bully later became pals with me when it gave birth to a single pup as it always does. First was Jimmy, which was given to a neighbour but later became a dog for whoever was willing to feed it. Second was Tigress, whom the owner's son cried tears to prevent his dad from giving it to me cos the pup was very beautiful. Then came the third single pup which was handed to us.

After the owner gave the pup to us, bully wouldn't let go. She turned our house to her home because of the pup as I fed her from time to time. This gave me the opportunity to touch Bully grin. Days latter, she took the pup away and we never saw both of them again.

The neighbourhood became free for kids to play grin

Share your own story of that wicked dog in your neighbourhood or how you got chased by a dog.

It's a long story which took place a long time ago. All I knew was dat I got chased by 2 dogs and found myself diving in a river coz running 2ru d bush might b 2 risky, wit d dogs following.

All tanks 2 God coz if there were no people nearby, I could av drowned in d river.

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by awesomesossy(f): 11:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
Dogs...whew cry...I hate dat animal with a passion....unfortunately we have about four dogs in my house angry angry..... one of the days I ll neva forget was d fifteenth day of December 2008 grin...I went to visit my friend..wanted to know how her result was....d gate wasn't locked...so I gallantly entered d compound nd locked d gate....den walked majestically towards the door of the house...actually I neva knew dey had a dog...wen I got close to d door and was about to knock...a big dog( dnt know d breed) came out from nowhere and start barking shocked...out of fear I ran...mehn d dog chased me....i was running round d compound...sha sha to cut d long story short...by the tym my friend came out she found me at d top of her gate skirtless....while d chase was on ,d dog bit my skirt nd held on to it even while I climbed d gate in fear....d bad part was dat one of her brodas dat I was crushing on was there to c me on my purple pant embarassedcry cry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by PrinceDave001(m): 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
I remember when I was chased by a dog in 2005,dis crazy dog was determined to bite me and kept chasing me til I flew ova a fence injuring my knee in d process,funny enuff I Neva felt my knee touch d fence as I flew ova it til I was sure I was safe.since den i kip tellin pple wen a dog chases u ehn u wil do wat in ur lifetym ul kip wonderin how u did it....the height of d fence I flew ova baffles me even til dis day.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by anonym0us: 11:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
hedonistic:
For those who should know, is it lawful to allow your dog roam free in a public space? In my Estate one fool who lives close to my house is in the habit of unleashing his dog late at night to roam all around our avenue. Some of us are night crawlers and on a few occasions, I have encountered the dog and had only managed to pass by without incident. I have vowed that if ever, God forbid, this dog injures somebody one day, I will not only make sure that I butcher it to death, but I will also burn the owners house down. Nothing like sorry will be entertained.

If you like your stupid dog, keep it within your own compound instead of constituting a nuisance with it and endangering the lives of other law abiding citizens!
see Walhalla ooo who u dey vex for now?

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by SmartMugu: 11:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
See the kind names wey ajebos dey name their dogs...bully, jimmy etc, like say na person. I grew up in a neighborhood where dogs were named fancy names like Ojikutu, Idi-araba, Tanwole etc. Ojikutu was the scariest of them all. May her soul rest in peace. Who be bully near Ojikutu?

4 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by NemzySeries(m): 11:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
All d dogs 4 ma street don bite me tire

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
Calabar bois are welcome on this thread cheesy

Only fowl that has chased me ooh! Just to konk my head, abi nah my eyes sef. Those days when fowls were rugged.

Ahah!! I remember one of my classmates then in sch, we went to visit one of our friends(classmate too) and I knew there was a dog in his compound(a deadly one for that matter) because I've visited on several occassions. I've seen their broken plasttic chairs, I've seen scattered woods, I've also seen cut-off chains. My own refuge was either to climb the borehole stand or their buglary proof.

I scared my friend on 3 occasions while we were sitting outside but the 4th time it was really the dog coming. I quietly walked away so tthat I cud watch small comedy.

I told my friend once again but he ignored me, not until he felt the nose of the dog from behind smelling his elbow, nah so my guy tear race, even the dog first fear b4 e chase am go upstairs (an incomplete building) the dog followed, my guy jumped from the first floor, the dog used the stairs, my guy ran to the backyard and came to the front again, ran upstairs, crossed the window again and tried to jump but just stayed up there suspended with his ten fingers.

I dey my cinema seat on top the water tank ladder dey laugh so hard till our friend came outside , he was just apologising and trying to hold his laugh.

That dog was a werewolf abeg! Dog wey dey jump from security house(upstairs) to attack ppl outside the gate.

6 Likes

Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by Emmyk(m): 11:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
Numerous times sef. Thank God for inbuilt B-speed that I have if you catch my drift.
Re: A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog by 19naia(m): 11:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
I was chased by a black mamba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady In UK Searches For Where To Do An Abortion For Her Dog (Video) / See 'Soldier' Butterfly I Saw In My House / Tonykabaka Gets Himself A Chimpanzee, Named Him Prof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.