Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,820 members, 7,813,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 - Literature (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 (473994 Views)

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by princessadeola(f): 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
happy birthday
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by saraphina(f): 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
Happy birthday Oyin. Wishing you long life,plenty prosperities and many favours...
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by remiseyi(m): 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
Happy birthday to you oyinprince.... Age with grace
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by plainmirror(m): 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
gentlezypher:
why didnt u let me know in class today? i for donate one bag of pure for your bathe ;Dwhy didnt u let me know in class today? i for donate one bag of pure for your bathe

Lol
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ashiat39(f): 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
Happy birthday Oyin, i wish you every good things in life, success, happiness, victory, achivement, sound heath, upliftment, knowledge, etc.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Asco9ty5(f): 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
Happy belated bday Dear,hope u had fun?
Cheers........
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by missuniverse(f): 10:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
better late than never

happy birthday Oyinprince
wish u all u'd ever wish for
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 15 pt 2

Sylvester was in the ground floor reception leaning with his two hands on the desk when Henry walked back into the office. It was too late for Henry to turn back as he had already met with Sylvester's gaze.

'Mr Henry' Sylvester gave a mischievous smile, aware that Henry had been trying to avoid him since morning time.

'Good afternoon Sir' Henry greeted reluctantly, trying to fake a smile.

'Good afternoon' Sylvester replied, extending an handshake to Henry. 'I checked your office and met it locked, I thought you had left already'

'No I went to get something in the computer store' Henry said.

'Alright.' A lady with Sylvester's brief case arrived at the scene

Henry looked at him in surprise. 'You're going home?'

'Yes' Sylvester answered him happily, adjusting his shirt. 'I'm done with everything I need to do today and I've even done part of tomorrow's work' he said full of smiles.

'Are you sure you got the whole day covered?' Henry's eyes widened, wanting to know Sylvester's new source of happiness and speed.

'Yes, I've got all the app processes running. I've extended the monitoring time to sixteen hours. So I can monitor from anywhere I am.' Sylvester handed over his phone to the lady holding his brief case, he turned once again to Henry. 'We'll see tomorrow' he said before walking away.

Henry stood still and watched as Sylvester walked out of the building, wondering if the man knew what he was saying. He shrugged and continued his walk to his office, happy that Sylvester didn't ask him about the day-before's event.

++++

'We are really sorry about the unfortunate incident and we're trying our possible best to bring to book the perpetrators of this crime. We'll make sure everyone involved in this pay heavily' Dakolo said to soothe the woman's heart in preparation for his questioning. Ken was seated beside him in silence.

Chief Mrs Jubril was seated on the couch opposite them, she was putting on the native black Yoruba attire. A young lady in black was seated by her side, also wearing a black cloth but a very short gown which exposed her thighs with the way she was seated. She was placing her head on Mrs Jubril's  shoulder. With the resemblance on their faces, one could boldly say that the lady was Mrs Jubril's daughter but she wasn't, she was Dare's niece who lived outside the country with Mrs Jubril.

Mrs Jubril sighed and twisted her lips in a pitiful manner.

'Ma, we need you to give us every information that'll be helpful to us in our investigation' Dakolo continued. She nodded in agreement. 'We'll ask very few questions' he said and collected a tablet device from Ken. He turned on the screen and entered the password.

'When did you arrive in Nigeria for the party?'

'I arrived just the day before the party'; she answered. 'With her' she added, gently stroking her the girl's hair.

'Have you been suspecting anything or was there any threat you heard about before coming?'

'No, we had no suspicions' the woman answered and tightened her scarf. 'Why should we have any suspicion? We are not wicked people, so we don't expect anybody to harm us'

'What about after you arrived? Did he tell you about anything he was contending for? Or anyone he had a disagreement with?'

'No'

'And you didn't notice anything suspicious? Whether in his behaviour, words or countenance'

'No, he was the same Jubril, always business minded. Even on his birthday, he was preparing to complete a business deal'

'What kind of business deal?'

'Ermm... He talked about a girl from Canada' the woman paused and squinted, trying to remember correctly. 'A girl from Canada who was a friend to Dare'

'He didn't say anything more about the deal?'

'No, he only talked about the girl'

'What did he say about her?'

'Nothing serious. Except for how Dare was interested in her but was slow in taking steps'

'Okay' Dakolo said and quickly typed in something on his device. 'Do you know if the lady showed up that night?'

'Yes, she did. She was accompanied by another man'

'Another man? Was he also invited for the party?'

'I don't know' she shook her head in negative. 'Except for two of my friends that I personally invited, I wasn't involved in sending out the invitations'

'Okay. But did Chief Jubril later get to meet with her'

'No, he was supposed to meet with her after the programs lined up had ended and after the cake had been cut but he mentioned playfully at a time that Dare was with her and it looked like they were proceeding to somewhere quiet'

'Dare was with her and they were proceeding to somewhere quiet' Dakolo repeated in low tones, thoughtfully.

'Was there any other person who the Chief was supposed to meet with?'

'I'm not aware of any other'

'Okay, Dare's body was found in the security room.' He said slowly as he stared straight into her eyes, careful not to strike any emotion but he was unsuccessful at it, the colour on her face was already changing. He decided to rush up the questions to get the maximum possible response. 'Do you know what he went there for?'

'No o, I don't know' she replied, tears already forming in her eyes.

Dakolo turned to the young lady beside the woman. 'What about you? Do you by chance know how he got there?'

'No, I didn't even know he got up from his seat'

'Weren't you seated close to your mum?'

'I was but I got up to take pictures' she replied, swinging backwards the hair which covered her face.

'You took pictures?' Dakolo's eyes widened in surprise. He took a quick glance at Ken and a smile formed on the lips of the both of them.

'Yes, I couldn't wait to get the pictures from the centre's camera so I began to take pictures and little recordings of the presentations'

'Did you take pictures of the guests too?' Dakolo asked impatiently.

'I took some shots of the whole guest from where we were seated but only personal pictures of distinctly dressed guests'

'We need to see those pictures, we need to check them for signs of any strange person amongst the guest'

'I have them in my device upstairs'

'Alright, you'll get it and send all of the pictures to me before we leave' Dakolo said with a stern face. 'All of the pictures' he reiterated. He licked his lips and rubbed his finger against his forehead, staring at their faces in the process. He wondered if it was the right time to ask the next question, but he had to do it anyway. 'Did you see the killer's face?'

'The killer's face?' Mrs Jubril broke down and began to sob, wailing and cursing the killer.

'What is happening here?' A gruff voice sounded. Dakolo and Ken stood up immediately in respect as the Vice President walked in with two of his security officials by his side.

'Officers' the Vice President hailed.

'Good evening sir' Dakolo and Ken greeted in unison, bowing in respect.

'What have you come to do here?' He asked as he extended a handshake to Dakolo.

'Doing our job sir' Dakolo smiled as he replied. 'We've came to get some few important details'

'I see' Elvis smiled back. He turned to miss Jubril and the young lady. 'Aduke, bawo ni' he asked Mrs Jubril how she was faring in Yoruba language. She was already quiet.

'We'll be taking our leave now sir' Dakolo bowed as he announced.

'Officers, hope I'm not the one sending you away?' Elvis took a look at them before proceeding towards the couch where Mrs Jubril was seated.

'No sir, we are actually through with our questions' Dakolo answered.

'Okay then, farewell' Elvis waved them bye.

'Thank you sir' Dakolo said and then turned to the young lady who had already gotten up from Mrs Jubril's side. 'We'll be coming back for the pictures tomorrow morning' he whispered.

The two officers made their way out immediately, Dakolo giving orders to Ken as they moved, they were to visit Debo, Chief Jubril's PA for more questioning.

...to be continued

Visit www.youngicee.com for parts 3 and 4

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
Thanks for your birthday wishes. I love you all

3 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 28, 2016
Many happy returns boss!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by DeraLoveth(f): 5:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
Wen re we to xpect new updates
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by GoodieAmy(f): 9:07am On Apr 29, 2016
Happy birthday in arrears Oyin. All the best

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 15 part 3

Just that day at work, Tarasha had learnt so much about the NSCC. Luckily for her, Sylvester had ignorantly handed over his personal laptop to her when she promised to help him prolong a particular monitoring session after he complained bitterly that it was too short. He thinking that he had hidden all secret files and protected his personal apps with passwords, he didn't realize that the Kimberly he was working with could do more than the project he read about.

From the laptop, she had gotten an idea of how the street cameras were specially installed and the process laid down to uninstall them without raising any alarm. She learnt that the codes for uninstalling each cameras without raising alarm or destroying them were kept in files in hidden sections of each regional office. The file type and what type of hidden sections referred to was unknown to her yet, but she was very sure that the files would be in computerized formats and they would be hidden locations on their main control computer systems. The PDF document from where she got this information also stated that copies of all codes and files used in the nation for installing and uninstalling these cameras were contained in the Abuja office.

Tarasha recalled that Henry Paul, her neighbour was a regional staff working in the head office. She didn't know the capacity in which he functions but she believed that she could get some important data from him. It didn't take time before she got her opportunity to meet him again.

'Hey Evelyn' someone called as Tarasha stepped out of gate. She looked to her right side and saw Paul. He was in front of his gate, munching some peanuts from the nylon in his hand as he was about to enter. His white shirt and shorts reflected the little of sun rays radiated from above.

'Hi Paul' she smiled at him.

'How are you Evelyn?' He said, closing back the gate. He began to move closer to her and feeding his eyes on her thighs revealed below the bumshort. She took note carefully of how he was looking at her and licking his lips lustfully.

'Fine, how about you?'

'I'm fine too.' He said, half inaudible because of the quantity of peanuts in his mouth.

'Where are you coming from?' Tarasha asked.

'From a friend's place, I went to copy a movie into my flash drive.' He took out the flash drive from his back pocket and showed it to her.

'What movie is that?' She asked, looking interested.

'Inseparable by Young C.c' he answered. 'I've been wanting to get it since I saw the trailer but work did not permit me to go to a store. So, I asked a friend to buy online for me'

'I heard of the release too but I've not been opportune to see the movie or trailer, I've only read the book'

'You wanna come watch with me?' He offered.

'That'll be nice' she accepted his offer joyously. 'Are you starting right away?'

'Yes... But I could delay a little because of you'

'Thanks, I need to get something in a store next street'

'Should I accompany you?'

'No, you don't need to bother' safe rejected politely and began to walk away slowly, to nowhere in particular, just to buy time and make her acting complete.

'Ermm...' Paul signaled for her to wait. 'What about your friends? I didn't see any of them since Friday last week'

'They traveled for something urgent' Tarasha answered. 'They'll be back soon, I believe'

'Okay, say hi to them when they call'

'Sure, I would' Tarasha smiled.

'I'll be expecting you' Paul said before turning back and walking to his gate.

Tarasha was in his living room thirty minutes later. His living room was decently decorated, not large but neat and comfortable. Paul began to play the film after serving Tarasha fruit juice and a pack of popcorn. They were both seated on the opposites ends of the three seater sofa.

One hour went by and both of them were deeply engrossed in the film, at least Tarasha pretended to be while she was thinking of the best way to get out what she needed from him. She knew it would be against their job ethics to let out the information she needed, so she needed to do something special that would make him give her all she wanted.

'Do you think Frank would get out of Bola's trouble?' Tarasha tried to begin a conversation with the highly concentrating Paul.

'Ermm... He's got to come out. That girl is evil, he may not even be responsible for the pregnancy she's carrying' he hurriedly answered her and returned his concentration to the screen. He did not want to miss any part of the thrilling movie.

'He is responsible, she couldn't have lied to her father' Tarasha said but got no reply. She turned her face back to the screen, taking time to think of the best possible way to distract him.

'I'm feeling sleepy' she announced after another five minutes. He took a glance at her and gave a "I don't believe you" look.

'Sleepy?' He asked to be sure if that was what he really heard.

'Yes' she replied. Without waiting for his response, she turned and laid her head on his lap placing her legs on the arm rest she was resting on before. She made sure her backhead was placed in between his legs, to have contact with his manhood. She felt him shiver as she stretched and pressed down with her head. He stared at her face for a while.

She was beginning to get his attention now like she wanted. She waited for some minutes again before taking her next move. She began to rub his bare knee with her palm gently.

'What do you do in the office?' She turned her head to face him as she asked. Her hand left his knee and went under his shirt on his belly.

'I...' He squirmed and swallowed, signals were being sent through his whole body. She had to pause to enable him give her an answer. 'I'm a regional staff like I told you. I'm the assistant to the regional coordinator here'

'What are your responsibilities?'

'My main responsibilities are to watch over the streaming, cut and save files and also convert the video files into other formats for reporting'

'Are these the only things you do everyday?' She continued rubbing her hand on his abdomen softly.

'Yes, basically' he replied, his chubby body shivering.

She raised up her head and got up to sit on his lap. 'Are you also involved in installing the cameras?'

'Yes, but that does not happen often.'

'How do you install the cameras? Do the NSCC have special processes for theirs'

'No' he paused and stared into her face thoughtfully for a while. 'Why are you asking?'

'Nothing darling' she smiled and pushed his chest backwards, taking off his shirt. He didn't resist. 'I'm interested in working in the NSCC, that's why I'm asking'

'Oh! You...' He vibrated all over as she placed her lips on his nipple. She stopped and look at his face. 'Do you know how to install the NSCC cameras?'

'Yes, it's the same way you install every other security cameras except that the NSCC has a special code to install and uninstall it, if one tries to uninstall with another code, it raises an alarm in the office' 

'Those codes, how do you get them?'

'It's manufactured by developers and they sell it to us, then we protect them using IVC solution.'

'How do you use the codes?'

'The codes are used to connect each camera to our monitoring system. You know the cameras are wireless, so since no wires connect them, the codes makes the connection'

'I know that, what I mean is that how do you install the code into the cameras?'

'Okay, that happens during production. Each camera is made to have a code that have been bought before packaging and installing them'

'Hmm...' She paused and licked his nipples for some seconds again. 'Are the codes always long?' She stopped again. She could see disappointment on his face, he was getting tired of the questions already and wanted her to complete the job which she had started on his body. She could already feel his hard manhood touching her bum underneath.

'No, the codes are always six characters'

'And how are six character codes stored?'

'We use the Nitex Pad in the IVC for keeping them on our main system. It's a very secure tool' he said impatiently, his body already vibrating for action.

'Nitex pad' she mumbled under her breath as she got up and pushed his chest to lay straight on the sofa. She touched something on her back pocket as she sat in between his legs and began to dip her hand under his shorts.

Paul had lost all his senses at this time, all he wanted was to consume the lady in front of him and he didn't realise that he had just done something which was against the ethics of his job. He had given so much information, well , he never thought he was giving it to someone that could do any harm.

He laid there anticipating what's next when an alarm sounded. Tarasha got up hurriedly and took out a tiny device from her back pocket.

'Oh! It's time to use my drugs' she announced, looking very worried. 'I have to rush home now' she said and adjusted her top hurriedly. She tightened back the button of her bumshort which was loose and began to proceed towards the door immediately.

'Are you coming back?' He shouted behind as she opened the door.

'Maybe' she replied and walked out, closing the door with a loud bang.

Paul felt stupid and miserable as he got up and picked his shirt which she had flung to the floor. His manliness was still hard and yearning. He hissed as his eyes met with the TV screen. Just now, his expectations had been raised beyond measure and dashed again within minutes when he was already feeling close to heaven. 

~~

9am, next morning.

Dakolo and Ken were driving out of the Jubril's house. They had asked some more few questions which included the names of Jubril's close friends and addresses, they got the names of two of his friends who were also at the party and decided to visit I one immediately. They got the pictures as planned the day before. The young lady had helped them to categorize the pictures into two folders; one containing the guests in the party which she knew were family friends of theirs and the other containing those she did not know. The latter had more pictures in it.  All their questions had to be answered by the young lady as they didn't see Mrs Jubril all through their stay. She was said to be slightly indisposed with fever.

Ken sped off as they drove out of the gate while Dakolo tried to view the pictures. He started with the pictures of the Jubril's family friends but couldn't recognize any one as hard as he tried except for two notable ministers in the country. He gave up on trying without getting to the last picture in the folder. He decided to wait until they got to they got to Chief Jubril's PA who should be able to identify the guests.

In thirty minutes time, they got to Lanre's office, he was a friend to Dare and was also an attendee of the party. He was asked several questions about Dare and the newly found friend, Alexander Evelyn.

After answering other questions to the best of his knowledge, Lanre also stated that there was no suspicious movement Dare was involved with until he met with the new friend, Evelyn. He was said to have changed and stop clubbing frequently like he used to do. Lanre told them of how Dare started looking miserable after some days of strange happiness but refused to talk to his friends about anything, but they were able to guess that it was either that he was jilted by the girl or he found out that she was dating someone else. Apart from that Lanre had nothing more to say.

After thanking Lanre, the policemen found their way out of his office and headed for Debo's house. They got there twenty minutes later and were ushered into his living room. They began the interrogation at once.

'Apart from that lady, Evelyn, was there anyone else Chief Jubril was supposed to meet?' Dakolo began.

'No, she was the only one'

'Did you see her when she came in?'

'Yes, from afar. I saw her front view for the first time that day' Debo said thoughtfully. 'But it was from afar, I can't even remember how she looks like'

'Then how do you know it was her?' Dakolo pushed.

'I heard Chief Jubril talk about her to his family, they were making jest of Dare immediately she walked in with another  guy' he answered carefully.

'Who was the guy?'

'I don't know him either, I couldn't see his face clearly' he paused and cleaned his eyes. 'The truth is I'm short-sighted but asides from that, the only reason Chief Jubril recognized her from that distance and wth the kind of lightning was because he knew her face very well before. He didn't know the guy too' Debo explained.

'Was the lightning poor?'

'No, but we couldn't see people far off' because of the very bright lights and performers at the stage in the middle.

'Hmm...' Dakolo hummed under his breath while scrolling through something on his device.

'...the lady and the guy were both putting on blue clothes. They were distinctly dressed' Debo quickly added as he remembered. 'The guy was putting on a shiny blue suit while she was on a short blue gown'

Dakolo suddenly looked up. 'Would you recognize them with the clothes if you see the pictures?'

'Yes, I remember what they wore but it's a pity there are no...'

'There are pictures' Dakolo cut in. He stood up and collected the tablet device from Ken. He swiped it open and went to sit on the arm rest of the couch Debo was seated on. Debo was surprised on hearing that there were pictures, he didn't believe until Dakolo opened the larger folder and began to scroll through the pictures.

'Tell me if you see them here or if you see any other strange person' Dakolo said to him.

The both of looked into the device intently for minutes, Debo readily identifying those he knew in the pictures.

'Here he is'  Debo finally said in a loud voice after ten minutes. 'Here's the guy who came with her, in the blue suit'

...to be continued

Do drop your comments below

Read part 4 and 5 here: www.youngicee.com

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by missuniverse(f): 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
Time to request for Don's head
Tnx Oyin
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by totalhouse(m): 2:53am On Apr 30, 2016
Oyin baba,happy birthday in arrears.keep enjoying grace in this new age of yours.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by jewery(m): 7:43am On Apr 30, 2016
oyinprince baba Please we are waiting for the next episode..am in love with this Story.....do you have a full copy of it..we are ready to buy it...
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by jewery(m): 7:44am On Apr 30, 2016
oyinprince baba Please we are waiting for the next episode..am in love with this Story.....do you have a full copy of it..we are ready to buy it....

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by tochman(m): 8:04am On Apr 30, 2016
Hey guys, pls check my article out and drop your comments if you can. Its very brief and precise and won't take much of your time. It will really go a long way in helping a brother. Thanks. Here's the link http://myefiko.com/blog/2016/04/28/starting-a-business/
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 30, 2016
missuniverse:
Time to request for Don's head
Tnx Oyin
You think say Don fit locate Tarasha?

I hope Henry is safe sha?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by missuniverse(f): 9:25am On May 02, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
You think say Don fit locate Tarasha?

I hope Henry is safe sha?
with money and connection everything is locatable(if deris a word like that)

and you know he already feels betrayed,so to say;he would give his best.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 02, 2016
missuniverse:
with money and connection everything is locatable(if deris a word like that)

and you know he already feels betrayed,so to say;he would give his best.
Na true o shocked

But it still seem (almost) impossible... since he never met her face to face... and her Team is (somewhere) very far away.

Let's see what Oyin's twist is gonna look like... But that DON wan just waste him life ni.

I said it earlier, Tara should have sticked to her initial plan... I just hope she's not going to shoot herself in the leg with this upcoming Henry's wahala.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 8:38am On May 03, 2016
Hi guys, I was banned from posting since yesterday morning. I asked Donkross to help me update but he was banned too. I don't still know the reason for the ban. You can read yesterday's update on my blog. www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Tife101(m): 11:43am On May 03, 2016
I've been a ghost reader from page 0-29. Buh I must admit that you are really good. Keep it up bro. More ink to your pen.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 03, 2016
Oyinprince:
Hi guys, I was banned from posting since yesterday morning. I asked Donkross to help me update but he was banned too. I don't still know the reason for the ban. You can read yesterday's update on my blog. www.youngicee.com
Bro, use the "mail super mod" link on the front page... They will unban you sharp sharp.

The Anti-spam bot can be annoying at times.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 11:52am On May 04, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 15 pt 4

Henry took a glance at the clock after waving at the security men as he drove in through the gate, it was twenty minutes past nine am. He had overslept and ignored the alarm when it rang, waking up later by eight o'clock, the exact time he was supposed to resume work. He decided not to rush as he was late already by the time he woke. It would be his first time of getting late to the office, and it wasn't that he was going to be chastised by anyone.

His eyes met something in the rearview mirror as he killed the engine. It took sometime for the picture to finish processing in his brain. He opened the door and turned to look at it, there was a blue Camry parked at the parking space at the opposite side. The car park was constructed to have spaces for cars at the left and right side and a space in the middle through which vehicles drive in and out.

The blue car could have been for anybody else but the plate number was what looked familiar. He got out of his car and banged the door unconsciously. Locking it again with the control in his hand. He almost ran into another vehicle that was trying to occupy the space beside his car.  He apologized to the driver and crossed to the other side, to inspect the car that got his attention. It was the same car he thought he hallucinated about the day before.

He turned to the front of the car to check for the mark on the bonnet. He couldn't find it but there were signs of repainting at the exact spot the mark was supposed to be. He scratched his head and heaved a sigh. His heart began to beat fast as he circled the car. Was Omotara really in the same compound with him? He asked himself.

He began to walk slowly away, rolling his car keys in his hand. He decided to take a last look when he got behind the car. 'AA689-GGQ' he read the plate number to himself again. He moved closer and squatted behind the car, touching the letters and numbers on the plate, just to assure himself that the number he was seeing was real and not a part of his hallucinations.

He got up and walked slowly to the front of the car again, taking a peep inside. He could see football magazines and newspapers at the backseats. That got him a little bit confused. He was a hundred percent sure that Omotara wasn't a lover of football, so maybe she wasn't in the compound as he thought or maybe the car was brought in by one of her male accomplices.

He paused and let out a deep breath, thinking of what he could possibly do to find out who brought in the car. He took a glance at the security post, he thought of going there to ask but that would look strange and may raise unnecessary security scare. A better idea came to his mind, he turned back and walked to his car.

++++

**Katsina, Katsina State**

Benny and Aisha waited patiently for Cole in the car as they were set to embark on their first visit to the Ata's Foundation. Benny had grown miraculously old overnight, he had his hair cut lowly, his slightly greyed hair made him look like a man in his late fifties or early sixties. His beards were also grey and sturdy. He had a dark pair of eyeglasses on his face. Aisha who was looking different already only added some makeups to make her face lighter than it was. There were both dressed in black suits.

Soon, Cole appeared and opened the door to the driver's side. He was also dressed in a black suit and had grown a miraculous moustache too. He was made to look older than his age but not as old as Benny was, he looked like a man in his late thirties. 

His phone began to ring as soon as he settled in the car.

'Hello boss' he answered the call.

'Are you set?' Tarasha's voice sounded at the other side.

'Yes, we are about to drive off'

'Disguised?'

'Yes, but not from the house like we planned'

'Good, make it go smoothly and keep me connected always. I want to listen live to all of the discussion.'

'Got you boss' Cole replied and the call ended. He dropped the phone and took out a tiny recording device which he clipped behind his tie.

'Let's go' he said and took a glance at Benny by side and Aisha at the back before starting the car engine.

+++

Dakolo stared at the man dressed in a blue suit in the picture, lines of disappointment began to show on his face as he recognized the person in it. Henry E.G. Dakolo could still recognize him even though his head was bowed in the picture. He was seated alone, pouring wine into the cup.A female bag and another bottle and cup of wine was at the other side of the table.

'He looks like someone I know' Debo said, contorting his face like someone who just swallowed a bitter pill. Ken got up from his seat to join them. 

'Okay' Dakolo said and swiped to the next picture as he saw Ken approaching. Three other pictures which contained Henry's image showed up as Ken joined the view but luckily, Henry's face was not shown at all in the new pictures. It was obvious that the photographer was more interested in the cloth he was putting on than his face.

'Well...' Debo began after pausing to recollect some information from his memory. 'I remember seeing this man closely that day. I saw him when I went to discuss something with someone sitting close to his table. He was sitting alone then too.'

'So, you saw him very well?' Ken asked.

'No, not very well. I was seated at his back'

Dakolo felt a need to hide Henry's identity for the time being. He didn't want to believe what his detective mind was suggesting to him, that Henry could be one of the assassins.  After scrolling through all the pictures, Dakolo and Ken returned to their seat with the device.

'I visited the NSCC's office like we planned the last time' Dakolo began after a brief moment of quietness. 'I spoke with Henry and he told me that the number was really Canadian'

Debo shrugged. 'I don't really need that information anymore. I don't know how Mrs Jubril intend to run the organization'

'Do you still have the number?' Dakolo asked.

'Yes, but in the office'

'We'll need to get it as soon s possible, please'  Dakolo said and paused to type in something into his device.

After asking some more questions, they left Debo's residence and headed back to the office. In the car, Dakolo was unusually quiet. He kept thinking of the possibility of Henry being a member of the Samantha Osman's group. Maybe he was even the one in charge of disrupting the cameras system for the gang operations. It had to be. That was why no solution to the problem had been found with all the efforts of the other people in the NSCC. Or how could you explain how Henry was the man who accompanied the suspected Alexander Evelyn to the party? The same Evelyn who was suspected to be Samantha Osman. But he had thought Henry was a patriotic citizen, committed to nation building and development. It was hard to believe that Henry is actually a part of the assassin group.

A thought came to his mind on remembering Henry's past association with Dare. He also recalled that the reason for all the recent killings were still unknown. Could it be possible that it was no political killing? That the assassins were embarking on a personal vendetta? It could be. And it could also be possible that Henry may have found out that Evelyn Alexander was an assassin and only decided to help her because Chief Jubril and Dare were his enemies.

There were two options in Dakolo's heart now. It was either Henry was part of the Samantha Osman's gang or he helped the gang in carrying out Chief Jubril and Dare's assassinations.

Somehow, Dakolo still felt the need the need to dig further personally. A third and strong option was developing in his mind. He had a soft spot for Henry which grew ever since the time the grave injustice was done to Henry's family. He decided to hide the picture which showed Henry's face for sometime.

He took the tablet device from the backseat. He swiped it open and clicked the gallery option. He pretended like he was just taking another look at the pictures while be transferred it to his own personal device. He deleted the picture from the device afterwards and spent some more time with it before returning it back.

+++

'You've not still told me the program you used to elongate the monitoring time of the system yesterday' Sylvester said to his new volunteer staff. She was sitting behind his table with the laptop he had given her to use.

'Sir, I didn't use any special program, I only changed the settings of the same program you were running with' shereplied him.

'But how come I never saw that option in the settings area?' he got up from his seat and began to make a turn. Tarasha answered with a shrug. He stood still when he got beside her and bent to look into the laptop. 'Can you show me where it is?'

'Sure.' She clicked open the software and waited some minutes for it to load.

A knock sounded on the door. 'Come in' Sylvester picked up the door control and turned to the door to click unlock. Someone pushed open the door and walked in.

'Good morning Mr Sylvester' Dayo walked in briskly.

'Good morning Mr Dayo' Sylvester turned back to receive him. 'How are you doing today?'

'Fine sir' Dayo said, taking special interest in the lady who had Mr Sylvester bending over to look into her laptop while she was comfortable seated. He thought it was one of their junior staffs who had such effrontery.

'Alright, how may I help you?'

'Sir' Dayo turned his look back to Sylvester. 'I noticed that you made some changes to the system yesterday. It shows that you can actually be receiving notifications offline for over twelve hours now'

'Sixteen hours precisely' Sylvester corrected with a bold smile. 'And I'm not just receiving notifications, the signal would still be strong for the sixteen hours offline duration'

'Interesting' Dayo's eyes lit up. 'That's what we're talking about, bright innovation' Dayo commended.

'Yeah' Sylvester flashed his teeth brightly, resting his bum on the table.

'I actually came to see if I could learn the new method from you, I may need to combine something of such in my new project' Dayo presented his real reason of coming.

'Ermm... 'Sylvester's smile diminished, now he knew the reason for Dayo's commendation. He had wanted to take the credit for Tarasha's work, that's was part of the reason he wanted to learn how Tarasha did the job.

'I didn't really do it myself' he finally confessed, after realizing he had no choice.

'Oh!' Dayo gave him a naughty kind of look. Sylvester could interpret the look as a silent way of saying "I thought as much, I knew you weren't so intelligent".

'Who did it?' Dayo asked when Sylvester remained speechless.

'She did... We did it together' he replied, pointing to himself and Kimberly.

'Wow!' Dayo exclaimed, trying to take a peep at the lady's face but she would not still look back.

'She's my new personal staff, Kimberly' Sylvester introduced. That was when Kimberly finally turned back, she got up from her seat and smiled at Dayo. 'This is Dayo, he works with Henry E.G'

'Nice to meet you sir' Kimberly said cheerfully as they shook hands.

'My pleasure' Dayo replied, still holding her hand in his. He wondered silently why she wasn't looking back until Sylvester introduced her.  'So how did you do it?'

'I was about to show him when you came in' Tarasha replied and sat back on the seat.

'Okay' Dayo said and joined Sylvester as they both looked into the laptop to learn grim Kimberly.

+++

2pm, same day.

'Afolabi David, Audu Noah, Sunny Nkem, Nwakolo Ezekiel' Ken read aloud, looking into the computer screen. 'All found dead, in the same event centre'

'And these guys are also the suspected kidnappers of Henry George?' Dakolo asked, taking a glance at Ken.

'Yes, Afolabi David is the head of their gang' Ken answered.

'Where were their bodies found?'

'Their bodies were found in the security department, the same place Dare's body was found. The same type of bullets were found in their bodies' Ken expatiated, pausing from time to time to look at the screen.. 'According to the report we got from the investigation, these guys were part of the security officials provided by the Jubrils for the event'

'Hmm... How do we connect this?' Dakolo muttered.

'Henry E.G stated that Dare was the only person he suspected. I think Henry was contending for something with Dare and he got threatened' Ken said.

'With this, it's highly possible that Dare was behind the kidnap'

'Well, sir. One case solved already' Ken said with a smile on his face. 'The kidnappers have been discovered. It's a pity that they are late already.'

'Yes, but there's still a lot more to this' Dakolo said thoughtfully.

Henry's face popped up in his mind again, he took a deep breath. Now it has been discovered that not only was it Henry's long time enemies that were killed, even his recent kidnappers were also killed. Henry was looking more dangerous to him. Very soon, he'll have no choice than to spill it out to Ken. He already had a strategy in mind to use once he fully verifies Henry's personal involvement in the assassinations. Although, Henry's involvement have been verified enough according to police standards, he still needed to do more verifications because of his long time emotional attachment to Henry.

... To be continued

Read part 5 and 6 on www.youngicee.com

3 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ashiat39(f): 12:04pm On May 04, 2016
Oyin, are you the original poster of this story on coolval22?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 04, 2016
pls 4 Godsake come nd update
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by lorelife(m): 11:24pm On May 04, 2016
bros, u ar d best
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 4:28pm On May 05, 2016
Ashiat39:
Oyin, are you the original poster of this story on coolval22?
No, but the poster requested my permission to post it
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 4:34pm On May 05, 2016
Swearest:
pls 4 Godsake come nd update
I've been updating, just couldn't post here when I tried to. The mod just explained that I was banned because the post was extremely long

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (51) (Reply)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Silent Seduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.