Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 (475097 Views)

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by ewawumi(f): 3:18pm On May 10, 2016
Wow! Dis got me stuck n it will totally be stinginess on my partif I dnt say a word @ dis point! Thumbs up @oyinprince. So captivating dat I had to cum bak since december.
Hope to c dis as a blockbuster movies soonest!
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by rhidollah(m): 4:00pm On May 10, 2016
wat a nice write up waiting for update bro
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 10, 2016
Oyinprince:
done
Hope it works?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 7:51pm On May 10, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
Hope it works?
Sir, I've uploaded the template. Yet to see the change, maybe you can help me check too.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ipheyemmy01(m): 8:08pm On May 10, 2016
Guy na you be the best thing after ipekere, you are killing it mehn. Thanks for the update. Kai wetin love go do ehn, he go make man reason with him bottom like Henry did.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by missuniverse(f): 8:14pm On May 10, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
Keep calm! Henry is not dying. cool
cool

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 10, 2016
Oyinprince:
Sir, I've uploaded the template. Yet to see the change, maybe you can help me check too.
You did it on a Phone? Try using a PC.
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 8:23pm On May 10, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
You did it on a Phone? Try using a PC.
OK, Thanks. Can't do that right now, I'll get back to you when I do

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 8:25pm On May 10, 2016
DandyPearl:
wait! Did u kidnapp my shuga donkross1? Why is he AWOL on nairaland?
Kidnap who? I'm a gentleman, cool Donkross no be gentleman. In fact, Na him kidnap me
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 11, 2016
We fit comment on young cc thread o
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 4:20pm On May 11, 2016
Swearest:
We fit comment on young cc thread o
Blog, you mean?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 11, 2016
Oyinprince:
Blog, you mean?
Yes. tanx 4 correcting me
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 5:34pm On May 11, 2016
Swearest:
Yes. tanx 4 correcting me
For now, I'm working on making the comments box work on mobile properly but you can still make a comment.

Click on the "View web version" under the "Home" you'll find at the bottom of the blog. When it switches then you can click add a comment and another page would be opened where you'll input your comment. If you're using UC browser, Mozilla or chrome, you wouldn't need those processes.

But before the end of this week, it should be better and you'll be able to make comments easily
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by missuniverse(f): 8:08pm On May 11, 2016
Oyinprince:
For now, I'm working on making the comments box work on mobile properly but you can still make a comment.

Click on the "View web version" under the "Home" you'll find at the bottom of the blog. When it switches then you can click add a comment and another page would be opened where you'll input your comment. If you're using UC browser, Mozilla or chrome, you wouldn't need those processes.

But before the end of this week, it should be better and you'll be able to make comments easily
and win recharge card cheesy
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 9:58pm On May 11, 2016
missuniverse:
Lol grin
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 9:05am On May 12, 2016
missuniverse:
Theif grin grin grin
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 3:00pm On May 12, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 16 part 1

3pm, Same day

Mr Sylvester finally returned to the office several hours after he left with no explanation. Those who had seen him leave said that he left with Henry E.G who had been handcuffed by a Special police agent and led out of the building. Rumours began to fly around immediately. Few minutes after the Agent had led Mr Henry away, a Lady who was one of the occupants of the office where Kimberly was had gone out for a short break and heard the rumour. After spending more than the duration of her break period, she returned to tell the other occupants of the office what she had heard. How the special agent took away Henry in chains with Mr Sylvester pleading to get an explanation from the Agent. They said the Agent insisted that Mr Sylvester had to come to the police office if he wanted to know anything about the matter.

Different versions of stories were cooked up immediately, especially as the event occurred few minutes to most of the worker's official break time. Some people said that Henry E.G had used his wide range of knowledge to defraud the Central Bank, some said he had hacked into the country's Treasury system and redirected some of the monies to his account while some said that he had stolen money from the NSCC. All these stories were unconfirmed yet, but still spread around rapidly because the gossipers needed something to feast on. Only Mr Sylvester who went to the police office and Kimberly that Mr Sylvester had mentioned the matter to had an idea of the real cause of his arrest.

'Welcome sir,' Kimberly could hear her colleagues in the office greet in unison. She raised up her head to see who they were greeting, it was Mr Sylvester walking towards her without responding to the greetings from the other staffs.

'Sir,' she said softly as he got to the front of her table.

He sat on the empty seat and let out a deep breath. ' Kimberly, how are you?' He asked in a fatigued tone. His countenance clearly showed that something was wrong.

'I'm fine sir, I've checked your office and I found out that you were not around.' She replied.

'Yes, I went to the police office with Henry E.G. He was accused of being an accomplice of Samantha Osman,' Sylvester said to her in a low voice, he placed his elbow on the table and buried his face in his palms.

'Samantha Osman? What's the basis for their allegation?' Kimberly asked. 

Sylvester raised up his head. 'He accompanied a lady to late Chief Jubril Lawal's party recently, I never saw that lady but I'm aware that they were friends and most likely lovers, they both stayed in the corporation's house for a couple of days.'

Kimberly took in a deep breath and stared into the air, she knew the police was closing in on Tarasha already. She was sure that Henry would confess to knowing her once he faced the Nigerian police torture. She had learnt about their method of forcing out truth from their suspects and she was sure that Henry would not have the skin for it. She even wondered why Henry had not told them everything about her already, why did he have to be arrested by the police. What she thought before was that he had already told all he knew about her to the police.

But she was the one who made the fatal error. Henry was supposed to have been killed already but she left him alive for some reasons which was inconsistent with her mode of operation. It would take much more effort now to clear Henry and the mess he had created and was going to create.

'So the police alleged that the lady is Samantha Osman?' Kimberly questioned.

'Yes.'

'Hmm...' She heaved a sigh and then folded her arms. After some seconds of silence, she turned the laptop to Mr Sylvester. 'Here's the report for the job you requested.'

Sylvester looked at the screen immediately and continued scanning through the report for few seconds, reading the words under his breath. 'So, it's a Canadian number truly?' He commented after reading it.

'Yes.' She replied and turned back the laptop to herself.

'That's means Mr Henry was right about it,' he said. 'Please print out the report, it would be of advantage to us and Mr Henry.'

'Alright sir,' Tarasha said and bent to pick up the cord for the printer. She plugged it in and tapped the shortcut for print on the keyboard. 'Sir?' She called after sending the document to the printer.

'Yes,' he answered, the tone of fatigue still sounding in his voice.

'Do you really think that Mr Henry did help the assassin to murder Chief Jubril?' She asked in a concerned tone.

'I don't even know what to think,' he sighed and rested back. 'I don't know what to think. I've always felt Mr Henry's passion to put an end to the assassinations by our input as the NSCC, so I don't believe he would help the assassin but with this strong claim by the police that one of the assassins was seen with him, I don't know what to think anymore?'

'Hmm...' Kimberly inhaled deeply as she collected the printed document from the lady who brought it to them. She stared into the paper for some seconds before handing it over to Sylvester. 'Would he be granted bail?'

'I've contacted a lawyer on his behalf, I'm sure he cannot sleep over in the police cell tonight. He'll be granted bail but the Agent said he'll be placed under close watch. He told me to advise him not to play any tricks.'

'Is it that serious?' Kimberly widened her gaze and folded her arms as she rested her back.

'Yes, something that involves the assassin group Samantha Osman leads is serious. Another thing the Agent made mention of is that Henry may be a member of the assassin team.'

'Hmm... What a pity!' She exclaimed in a really pitiful tone. 'That means that he would not be free to move around anymore.'

'Yes, his movement would be restricted and he'll be followed everywhere. Even in his house, he'll be monitored.' Sylvester replied.

'Yes, so he's staying in his home tonight?'

'Yes,' Sylvester answered with a slight groan as struggled to stand up from the seat.

'His house...' Kimberly repeated severally under her breath. That was all the information she needed to have, she just wished that Henry wouldn't have spilled out too much information before the police grants him bail.

'I'll be leaving in fifteen minutes time sir.' She announced to Sylvester who was about to turn and take his leave.

'Oh!' He turned back slowly and sat back. He stared at her face and put on a smile. 'Thank you for your help Miss Kimberly.' He said.

She smiled like a child without saying anything. The man took out his wallet and phone from his pocket. He dropped the phone on the table and opened the wallet, he then counted ten thousand naira and took it out. 'I learnt that you have a car,' he said as he returned the wallet into his pocket.

'Yes, I do,' she answered, a little hesitant.

'Okay, you can get fuel with this,' he said as he handed her the money.

'Oh!' Her eyes lit up with gratefulness. 'Thank you sir, ' she said as she took the money.

'You're welcome.' He replied with a smile of satisfaction, glad that she was happy to receive his gift. 'I have to do some work now,' he said as he got up.

'Alright, till tomorrow sir.'

'Bye.'

'Bye sir.' She said she watched him leave, he had forgotten his phone on the table. The eyes of the other people in the office turned to her as Sylvester walked out of the place. She ignored them and turned back to the laptop. The smile on her face totally disappeared immediately.

She closed the laptop after shutting down and disconnected the power cord. She then picked the phone which Mr Sylvester had forgotten, it was his most used phone where he received both business and personal calls. She swiped it open and opened his call settings hurriedly. After scrolling through for some minutes, she minimized the program and opened Xender, an app for transferring files. She took her own phone and opened his Xender on it too, she connected the phones and then transferred into his phone another app. It entered within few seconds and she installed it immediately and made the settings to track his phone calls, she then hid the app and refreshed the phone memory. She straightened her cloth and got up from her seat, wanting to go to Mr Sylvester's office to return his phone but the man walked back into the office just in time.

~

Fifteen minutes later like she told Mr Sylvester,  she was out of the main building and was proceeding to where her car was parked. The first thing she spotted when she got there was Henry's car, parked at the opposite direction. He must have seen her car, she was sure. That was the goal for bringing the car anyway, to make him suspicious about her presence there and begin to try to find her, then she would lure him into her a trap. But with the new turn of events, that strategy would not work anymore, she needed him to be unaware of her presence now, she wished she had never brought her car. But she still had nothing to worry about, there was always a plan B.

The device in her bag began to beep loudly as she moved closed to the boot of her car. She gave an evil smile, she knew that Henry wasn't going to leave without doing anything when he sees the car. She brought out her device and checked the notification, she silenced the alarm after dismissing the notification. She returned her device back into her bag before searching around the car for the tracker that had been placed there.

After five minutes of futile search, she took out her device again and clicked open the app which notified her of the tracker's presence.

'Basta*d!' She cursed under her breath as she began to scan the body of the car with her camera. Scanning the outer body didn't yield the result, so she began to scan under the car. That was when she located the tracker, installed somewhere close to the tyre. She pulled out the tiny device and dropped it on the floor. She cursed Henry in her mind again before proceeding into the car.

As she drove out of the compound, she spotted a police vehicle entering into the compound. She drove away hurriedly, something had to be done about Henry that night. It had to be that night.

~~~~

Sylvester had barely settled in his office when his phone rang, he checked the screen and the caller ID displayed was the police office.

'Hello,' he answered the call.

'Mr Sylvester, I've sent some boys to your office now and they are already in the compound. They have a search warrant with them, I'll like you to cooperate with them and lead them to Henry E.G's office.' Agent Dakolo's voice came through.

'It's okay sir.' Sylvester ended the call with a sigh of frustration, he buried his face in his palms and let out a deep breath.

He suddenly remembered something and picked up the phone again. He dialed the police office.

'Any problem Mr Sylvester?' Dakolo answered the call.

'No problem sir,' Sylvester replied. 'Like I told you before, the result for the reinvestigation of the number was supposed to be out today. It's out already, I'll send to you the document through your boys.'

'Okay, but what was the result?' Dakolo asked.

'The number is Canadian.'

Dakolo gave a very short but threatening chuckle. 'Mr Sylvester,' he called in a low voice but rigid tone. 'Don't get yourself into trouble trying to help out a suspect,' he warned.

'No,' Sylvester said with fear in his voice. 'I'm not trying to help him out. I wasn't the one who did the job, I've never done that kind of job. I gave it to a capable person who doesn't even know Mr Henry personally.'

'I hope so, because if I find out that you're trying to help him, I'll make sure you get into trouble with him and I assure you it won't be easy to come out of it.' Dakolo said, still in a threatening tone.

'No, nothing of such sir.'

'If that's the case, send me the document then.'

'Okay sir.' Dakolo said as he ended the call, his doorbell sounded immediately. He checked his computer screen, his expected visitors and his secretary were at his office entrance. He picked up a bunch of keys and a card from his drawer, he also took the result document and folded it into an envelope before getting up to join them.

...to be continued

Kindly drop your comments

Read Chapter 16 Parts 2 and 3 on www.youngicee.com

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Rukkydelta(f): 4:14pm On May 12, 2016
Loving this story so so much......Oyin you're really a genius,nice one bro :B

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by missuniverse(f): 5:37pm On May 12, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
Theif grin grin grin
tongue best things in life are free...
Don't blame mhe

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by virtuedagirl(f): 6:45pm On May 12, 2016
This story is mindblowing i'm so loving every bit of it.The boss she so intelligent how i wish she was using it for something else not crime. Oyinprince you are the main BOSS keep it coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 12, 2016
Na Henry go pain me pass o. If you kill am ehn?
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by GenyEbere(f): 7:10am On May 13, 2016
Am yet to see 16 pt3 on the blog,meeeen to comment on the blog na war o esp "prove you are not a robot" lol
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by hefelove(m): 10:33am On May 13, 2016
Henry is trying to save Tarasha while Tarasha is trying to kill Henry. Irony of life. Beautiful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by sagieramos(m): 7:10pm On May 13, 2016
i'm yet to read a story that's as captivating as this. well done bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:42am On May 14, 2016
GenyEbere:
Am yet to see 16 pt3 on the blog,meeeen to comment on the blog na war o esp "prove you are not a robot" lol
Lol, the verification Na Google things but I believe it'll reduce as u get to make comments often.

Chapter 16 part 3 is there

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:44am On May 14, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
Na Henry go pain me pass o. If you kill am ehn?
Boss, I've edited the template. I also added a contact form to my contact page, you may check it.

1 Like

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:46am On May 14, 2016
sagieramos:
i'm yet to read a story that's as captivating as this. well done bro
Thanks
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Oyinprince(m): 2:46am On May 14, 2016
Tarasha - Chapter 16 Part 2

4.20pm

Henry had been left to sit alone in the dark room for more than an hour without seeing anyone or hearing anyone talk. He rested his head on the table and began to think about the woes he had brought upon himself by becoming friends with Omotara. He remembered that she tried to resist their friendship but his accursed self was the one who continued to push even with the embarrassment and soldiers harassment she had caused him on their first encounter. He didn't stop until she gave him her number and agreed to have lunch with him. Remembering all that now, he wondered why he still had so much feelings for someone who had caused him so much pain and who he had not even spent up to three weeks being friends with. An annoying thing was that he felt a strange kind of satisfaction that the police arrested him instead of her, he didn't think he would love to see her go through the rigorous prosecution by the police especially as she was already involved in the fraud crime.

He thought of how he was going to escape from the trouble he was in. He could only see two ways out, either to spill out all he knew about her or to pretend not to know her beyond their few days friendship. The former would be the best option, the latter could even get him into deeper trouble.

A flash of light came in as the door opened, three people walked in and the last one closed the door. On came a fairly bright light hung on the ceiling directly above where Henry was seated. Henry could now see the faces of the officers proceeding towards him. Dakolo sat directly opposite him behind the table while Ken sat beside Dakolo and the third officer took a standing position.

'I'm not saying anything until I see my lawyer,' Henry protested without waiting to hear any word from the officers first.

'Your lawyer is not here yet but don't worry, you'll have enough time to discuss with him. We'll grant you bail after these few questions we've got for you. ' Dakolo replied in a calm voice.

'I'm still not answering any question,' Henry said stubbornly.

Dakolo smiled. 'You want to make things hard for yourself then, we will have to force you to speak.'

'I've spoken enough to you already, I want to see my lawyer first,' Henry insisted, trying to feign confidence even though he was scared of facing their torture sessions.

'You've not spoken enough yet, you've not told us all you know about that girl Evelyn Alexander.' Dakolo said.

'I told you all I know already. She's a business woman who came from Canada, we met and became friends. She invited me to accompany her to Chief Jubril Lawal's party and I did, what else am I supposed to tell you?' Henry began to answer the questions again unconsciously.

'You said you never left the table at that party but she left you for several hours and even left the venue without you, how could a good friend who took you to to a party do that?' Dakolo played along. 'Who was the man who you said came to pick her.'

'I don't know him nor do I remember his face. All I know is that they were discussing business and they went to the exhibition centre.' Henry answered, consciously omitting the first question.

Dakolo paused for a moment and stared at Henry's face. 'Who stopped the cameras at the event centre from working?'

'How am I supposed to know that? My job description in the NSCC does not involve securing cameras for event centres.'

'But you were in the event centre at that time.'

'Yes, I was there. Seated and enjoying the show like other guests.' Henry replied in a stern, determined voice. 'Don't you guys understand, for someone to have obstructed their system that day, the person must have gotten into their control room.'

Dakolo's phone rang. He stood up and walked away from the table before answering the call, he spoke in low tones for few seconds before he returned.

'We've reinvestigated the Canadian number and we've gotten the report,' Dakolo continued the session, planning a trick in his mind.

Luckily for Henry, he was absentminded and didn't hear the last statement immediately, it took him sometime to process what Dakolo said, so the response he gave was not the "shocked response" Dakolo was expecting. 'Who reinvestigated it?' Henry asked, acting indifferent.

'You don't need to know that,' Dakolo said in a threatening voice and got up to sit on the table. 'The important thing is that we've discovered who you are, we discovered that you're a liar and a criminal.'

Henry chuckled, he didn't fall for the trap. 'Agent Dakolo,' he called calmly. 'Was that the result of the reinvestigation? Who I am? I thought it was an investigation of number you did not an investigation about me.' Henry didn't believe in his heart that any reinvestigation had even occurred.

Dakolo bit his lips and got up from the table angrily. It was obvious the trick didn't work for Henry but instead of Henry's confidence to show innocence to Dakolo, it further proved how hardened Henry was. 'Release him to the lawyer after telling him the terms of the bail.' Dakolo said to Ken before storming out of the room.

~~

5pm

'Thanks,' Tarasha said as she paid the filling station attendant and closed the fuel tank. 'Hey! Please' she called back the attendant who was about going to attend to someone else.

'Yes,' the lady replied her impatiently.

'How do I get to Ordoz Palace road from here?' She asked.

'You're almost there, just drive straight down and ask again.'

'Oh thanks,' Tarasha said and turned to enter into the van. She put on her seatbelt and drove out of the filling station. She had been trying to follow the map to locate Henry's house for over thirty minutes now and she was almost getting confused, thinking that she wasn't on the right track. She got to the road and drove straight down as directed. Soon enough, she needed not to ask any question again as she recognized the street. She also located his house without stress. She kept driving several metres away until she got to a suitable place to park the van. She halted the vehicle and stepped out. She straightened her black shredded Jean trousers and her black shirt. She began to walk back the several metres to Henry's apartment.

Henry's apartment was a duplex that was rented for him by the NSCC when he joined them. The house had a high fence surrounding it like most of the houses in the area.

As an observant person that she was, she noticed a guy taking a stroll down the road like her too. From the way he was dressed and how he comported himself, Tarasha was able to decipher that he had been asked to keep an eye on Henry's house. She saw him staring at the gate as she passed, she played along too and strolled by without stopping in front of the house to raise suspicion. As she passed the gate, she noticed two more persons. That was when she began to think about tryng to attack Henry in his house, it may not be the best strategy to use, she would need to make another plan ready in case this one doesn't work out.

She took a fifteen minutes walk to no destination and then returned to her van. Another idea came into her mind, it was still possible that her first strategy works fine.

~~~

Henry finally returned to the NSCC office with his lawyer at exactly fifteen minutes past five. His lawyer drove them in his car.

'I would have preferred that you go home straight to rest,' the dark skinned, big eyeballed lawyer said for the umpteenth time.

'I have a job I need to round up,' Henry insisted.

'It's okay,' the lawyer finally gave up.

The car was brought to an halt in the same park where Henry and Tarasha's car were parked, under the same shed as Tarasha's but had two cars separating them from Tarasha's car previous position.

Henry quickly stepped out of the car without waiting for the lawyer to turn off the engine. He proceeded to where his car was and still met it there but the blue car he had placed a tracker on had been driven away and the space was empty. He felt a bit of joy in his heart as hopes of finding Omotara again began to rise in his heart but all his hopes were dashed in few seconds, after his eyes met with the tracking device on the floor. He walked towards the parking space to confirm and it was really it. He wondered how it got detached from the car, no one could have noticed it where he hid it except he was seen while doing it. Or maybe he didn't fix it properly. He bent down to pick it up and check, it was obvious that the tracker did not fall off itself but someone had detached it.

'What's that?' His lawyer asked as he appeared at his back.

'Nothing,' he replied and hid the tracker in his palms. He turned and proceeded to his car. 'I'm going home.'

'I thought you wanted to work in the office.'

'I changed my mind.' Henry said, searching his pockets frantically for his car keys. He then remembered that he left it on his table in the office.

~~~

6.30pm

Tarasha had driven round the street to check the position of Henry's house and how possible it was for her to get in through the back. Luckily, there was. The building on another street whose compound backed Henry's house was a paper company that already closed their activities for the day by five pm. Although the company had provision for two security men to man the gate overnight, she was sure that it would be easier to pass through them than facing the spies that the police had placed in front of Henry's house. All she needed now was for the day to get a little bit darker.

She stepped out of her car and sat on the bonnet to take fresh air. Several people were returning from work to their houses in their cars and commercial tricycles while younger people sometimes could be seen in pairs and larger groups walking leisurely.

Tarasha ran her hand through her hair as the soft breeze landed on her face. She glanced around the area where her car was parked, the drivers of other cars were either in their cars or had left the cars there but none was seen hanging outside like she did. She decided it would be better to take a walk than to remain on the bonnet. Her phone rang as she opened the car to take it out.

'Hey Cole,' she said after answering the call.

'Boss,' Cole was half panting. 'It all went well today.'

'Where are you?' Tarasha asked, ignoring his last statement on hearing the sounds of him panting.

'At the football pitch,' Cole answered.

'This evening? I thought you should be resting.' Tarasha replied, surprised at his boldness to tell her that he was on the football field.

'No boss, it's been a long while and I wasn't sure if I'll get the chance to do this soon again.'

'Okay, so what's up?'

'She agreed,' Cole said with a note of excitement. 'We'll be returning to Abuja for a meeting scheduled with the Vice President on Friday. I just got the email inviting us seconds ago and I thought I should tell you first.'

'Bravo!' Tarasha applauded as she closed the vehicle's front door. 'Excellent job so far, but hope there was no complication in anyway.'

'No, there wasn't.'

'Good.'

'Boss, would you like to read the email? Should I Forward it to you?'

'No, don't bother. I'll read it directly from the mailbox.'

'Okay, boss. That's all for now.'

~~

6.30pm

Jefa was attending to his customers in the shop when his phone vibrated in his pocket, there was an incoming call. After serving a particular set of customers drinks, he took out the phone and checked the missed calls log. The number that called him was unsaved in his phone but he recognized it, it was Henry's. Thoughts of Omotara raced back into his heart immediately and he felt a sharp pain in the chest at the thought of never seeing her again. He considered calling Henry back but remembered his decision earlier that day to stay away from Henry and anything else that could unite him back with Omotara so as to avoid the disaster that may follow. Henry began to call again as he wanted to put it in his pocket. He silenced it and went ahead to pocket the phone. Barely one minute later, it began to ring again. He silenced it again by tapping the volume button without removing it from his pocket. It rang for the fourth time and he took it out of his pocket, he couldn't resist the urge to answer it anymore.

'Hello,' he spoke into the phone.

'Hello sir, have you heard any word from Omotara?' Henry's voice sounded impatient, the car horn and hoots heard was an evidence that he was on the road.

'No, why do you ask? She doesn't know me."

'It's possible she might have tried to contact you already. I told her about you, so don't say that she doesn't know you.'

'Erm.... Anyway I want us to stop searchin...'

'Sir...' Henry cut in. ' If she ever tries to contact you, tell her to stay out of town and remain in hiding for now '

'What do you mean?' Jefa asked in a serious tone. From the way Henry sounded, it was obvious that Omotara was in a sort of danger.

The call ended without Henry answering. All attempts Jefa made to reach him after proved futile as Henry did not answer his calls until later, Henry sent a text message that he was driving and would call later.

~~

7.30pm

With the black bag strapped to her back and her hand gloves on, Tarasha raced towards the high fence separating the company from Henry's compound and climbed it. She rolled into Henry's compound and made sure she landed with the lowest possible noise.

She detached the rope hanging around her belt and dropped it on the floor. It was the remains of what she had used to tie up the security guards in the paper company.

She had injected into their bodies Benryl which will make them sleep off for several hours and even forget totally what happened before the sleep but she still had to tie them up and cover their mouths with tapes in case she spent more than the time she planned to.

She threw in a gum into her mouth and began to chew softly, she placed her hands on her waist as she stared at the building. It was time to execute the other part of the plan. She took out her phone and dialed Henry's number.

Henry's case must be solved that night.

... To be continued.

Make una drop comments o

Read Chapter 16 part 3 and 4 on www.youngicee.com

2 Likes

Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by Ipheyemmy01(m): 6:51am On May 14, 2016
Great job bro... You are too gbaski. Abeg make Henry no die on top say him dey protect Tarasha oo...
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by DandyPearl(f): 8:35am On May 14, 2016
cry Dear Oyinprince,

Please I've got just two things to ask. That you keep Omotara and Henry safe. I know its hard to do but please just do.

Btw, a new creation is a nice story too.

Thanking you in advance. cheesy
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by missuniverse(f): 9:17am On May 14, 2016
Re: Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 by missuniverse(f): 9:17am On May 14, 2016
Jefa would just jejely walk into trouble

I think Henry is safe for now,
he should just enjoy his sleep

Tara hmmm
pray she leaves this one unscathed

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (51) (Reply)

Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Silent Seduction / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.