Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? (57963 Views)

This Is Enough Reason For Me To Cheat (pics) / Are These Lies Enough Reason To Call It A Quit / Is This Enough Reason To Breakup With My Boo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by vague: 9:22am On Sep 01, 2015
alexistaiwo:
Had a heated argument with my girlfriend today. In the course of exchanging words she said that she is always approached by guys better than me, guys I can never compare to. she made it sound as though she is doing me a favour by dating me.

Though I love her and she loves me too, some words are relationship deal breakers. I just can't get that statement out of my head even after much apologies and crying on her part.
girls usually just say hurtful things to get back at you. Just try to forgive and move on
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by bukatyne(f): 9:23am On Sep 01, 2015
Truckpusher:
Gerrout from that relationship though you've not told us what you said to her too.

Women do say things that will hurt your ego and pride when you try to muscle them psychologically and emotionally while still flexing physical strength to hoodwink them into believing that you're the lord here and they can't breath without you. Women don't say hurtful things for no reasons bro.
If you know that you screwed up by saying painful things to her too then apologize because she is human and she has pride and ego too.
You don't say bullshiit to a woman that deep inside your heart you can't tolerate from anyone and expect respect in its entirety

@Bold:

100% cheesy
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by akeensbussy(m): 9:23am On Sep 01, 2015
I will not judge base on one side narration. A lot has been said by this guy for the Lady to have utter such world.

Guy, you must have said something to downgraded the lady and what she said is to upgraded and earn her respect back.

Women say such words to men who don't want to show them respect. What she simply mean is that " Despite that lot of men are asking her out but she chooses to stay with you"

Hold her tight cos leaving you is not a sin. except you are married.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by EazyMoh(m): 9:30am On Sep 01, 2015
drnoel:

maynot be really how she truelly feels. I asked my woman years later why she made such useless statement. Remember she said it infront of my parents shocked OMG! shocked My people insisted I was not going to marry her. Now all these things transpired while I was not in the country. She didnĀ“t know such 4k-up would escalate the way it did. She later explained that my mom had asked her what she saw in me and why she wanted to marry me cos I was on the calm side while she was lively and flashy. So she had tried to explain to my mom that she had met other "better looking men" who probably were "wealthier" or so but it was misunderstood.

Anyway, whatever, I still tackled her 4k-up and tackled it well and she never repeated such rubbish again.
well that's good for you. thank God yours is misunderstood, mine was in your face u don't deserve me kinda insult. I overlooked it a lot because that time we were both undergraduates. But after graduation, introduction, pride price, and taking care of all her finances.... she still repeats that crap. I once gave her a serious warning that that should be last time she insults me like that and she apologized and whatever (just like the OPs). But then she again said it! ma guy I had to do what I did.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Adaeze003(f): 9:30am On Sep 01, 2015
4stylz:

I pity that innocent boy you are manipulating. Fool

Lol... k.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 01, 2015
MissMalia:
sincerely speaking alexistaiwo,u dnt av 2 take dis serious. I told my guy d same tin 3weeks ago when we had misunderstanding. I even went as far as comparing him with my ex. He took it personal as well and made to leave my apartment. I knew I didn't mean wat I've said so I immediately stood up nd block his way so he won't leave. I actually did dt so we can settle tins b4 his departure. Tank God he understood me after much pleas. I want to believe ur gf never meant it cos if she does,den trust me she won't plead nd cry as u stated. If @all its true,brace up nd b above d level of dos guys she was talking about if u truely love her. Don't allow dis change ur mind towards her Pls.

Telling him to not take it serious is as stewpid as comparing your boyfriend to your ex. He only stayed because you were pleading and he probably saw your remorse. But what you have is unforgivable. If your boyfriend has any sense, that relationship is over. It is dead. Like the fig tree that was cursed in the bible. It may look alive, but your boyfriend has given up on your ability to reason like a human being. Saying such things is far worse than a man beating up hos woman. You might scoff at this comment but you might want to consider this statement is coming from a man. Continue to say bvllshit you don't mean, you here? After all, you can always apologise abi? E go do you like film. Go and ask your boyfriend if he has really forgotten those utterances.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by 4stylz: 9:34am On Sep 01, 2015
Koolking:

Wife is different from a girlfriend. Girlfriend can quit. Wife is till death and can never say those words to her hubby. If she does, something is not right.

At op, how did your girlfriend know those guys are better than you? You are in for a game of wit, skewed in her favour...Run

Even wife can divorce, nothing stays permanent

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Adaeze003(f): 9:35am On Sep 01, 2015
Chynx:

See who's talking.

People like you get flung out of your matrimonial homes because you believe you have the right to spew whatever trash from your vocal cavity.

I think you are the one who needs to grow up here.

Oh please shut it already, most of you can't comprehend that simple post. Barking up the thread like wild dogs...

Mtcheew

@everyone that quoted me, grow up already! Shameless men, exchanging words with someone that's much younger than you are.

Tufia...
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by 4stylz: 9:36am On Sep 01, 2015
Adaeze003:

Oh please shut it already, most of you can't comprehend that simple post. Barking up the thread like wild dogs...

Mtcheew

@everyone that quoted me, grow up already! Shameless men, exchanging words with someone that's much younger than you are.

Tufia...

You are a known bitch

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by tmodeltoluene(m): 9:43am On Sep 01, 2015
SmartMugu:

I disagree. If that was the case, everyone here should still be with the first person in their lives they ever loved.
Then that shows love rarely exists
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 01, 2015
Timbuktou:

Telling him to not take it serious is as stewpid as comparing your boyfriend to your ex. He only stayed because you were pleading and he probably saw your remorse. But what you have is unforgivable. If your boyfriend has any sense, that relationship is over. It is dead. Like the fig tree that was cursed in the bible. It may look alive, but your boyfriend has given up on your ability to reason like a human being. Saying such things is far worse than a man beating up hos woman. You might scoff at this comment but you might want to consider this statement is coming from a man. Continue to say bvllshit you don't mean, you here? After all, you can always apologise abi? E go do you like film. Go and ask your boyfriend if he has really forgotten those utterances.
dts it. I regret I eva said dt cos he still feel bad about it nd I know even tho he's trying his best not to show it. I will never make d mistake of saying such again nd dt is why I want d op to understand how we ladies operates. Most times we say nasty tins just to get u guys jealous but we end up in mess. Well,d latter part of ur post; I understand its an advise. Tanx for it.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 01, 2015
MissMalia:
dts it. I regret I eva said dt cos he still feel bad about it nd I know even tho he's trying his best not to show it. I will never make d mistake of saying such again nd dt is why I want d op to understand how we ladies operates. Most times we say nasty tins just to get u guys jealous but we end up in mess. Well,d latter part of ur post; I understand its an advise. Tanx for it.

Good thing you're actually, truly remorseful. Men don't use words so carelessly against someone they love and care about. That's the more reason he's hurt, and he wondering how you could even conceive of saying whatever you did, like him hitting you when you guys re arguing. I really do hope he can get past those words. You many want to call him and apologise for your utterances and promise never to be so silly in the future. Hopefully, he can get past it.

It's obvious you made a mistake and I'm really impressed you're humble enough to accept. Just be careful about what you say in the future. Cheers.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by veraiyke(m): 9:58am On Sep 01, 2015
Tychinzy:
Words spoken by girls in anger are not trully frm dia heart.
on the contrary it is when girls are angry that they speak out their heart
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by uzo4real(m): 9:59am On Sep 01, 2015
A girl that can say that is childish and careless. Get ready for her to cheat on u soon. As a man, neva let ur lady knw ur weakness...
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Koolking(m): 9:59am On Sep 01, 2015
4stylz:

Even wife can divorce, nothing stays permanent

Natural plan of wife is to last till death as two became one. There are certain punch lines exclusively for girlfriends.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by 4stylz: 10:05am On Sep 01, 2015
Koolking:

Natural plan of wife is to last till death as two became one. There are certain punch lines exclusively for girlfriends.

Plans can change bro and divorce happens everyday
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 01, 2015
Timbuktou:

Good thing you're actually, truly remorseful. Men don't use words so carelessly against someone they love and care about. That's the more reason he's hurt, and he wondering how you could even conceive of saying whatever you did, like him hitting you when you guys re arguing. I really do hope he can get past those words. You many want to call him and apologise for your utterances and promise never to be so silly in the future. Hopefully, he can get past it.

It's obvious you made a mistake and I'm really impressed you're humble enough to accept. Just be careful about what you say in the future. Cheers.
do I really av 2 call him nd apologise again?cos we settled everytn on dt day nd he even suprised me with a gift just to proof he's no longer mad @ me but I knw he still tink abt my words especially dt of my ex as he does tease me with does words I uttered den nd it makes me fEel guilty.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by kellyJames5(m): 10:15am On Sep 01, 2015
Op' this to show you that some girls talk before they reason.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by stan241(m): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2015
MissMalia:

I'm actually quite proud of you even without knowing who you are, such humility knowing when you were really wrong

Damn i need to stop meeting emotionally unavailable chicks and start meeting ladies like this one i just quoted
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Benwag95(m): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=nobilis post=37540637]U told us half of the story.
What were u guys arguing about?
What did you tell her before she finally told you what she told you?

In an argument, people say things that they might not mean. And some other times, in arguments, people say things that they have been bottling up inside.

U must have said something to her that made her tell you all that in order to hurt you more.

If she doesn't love you, why hasn't she left you for those other guys she was talking about?
If she doesn't love you, why is she still begging you to forgive her?
These are things you'll ask yourself.

As for her being approached by guys better than you, what do you think?
If she is beautiful or even not so beautiful, it is obvious that she will be approached by men who are better than you are.
But if she chose to stay with you, that means she loves you.

You should even be proud enough that even with all the better guys who are approaching her, she still wants to be with you. Wow dats lovely from u.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by toprealman: 10:28am On Sep 01, 2015
Cutehector:
isn't it directed to d op? Besides I neva opined that the op should break up wit her.. Its not evry lil thing dat shoud cause a breakup
YOU ARE STILL TAGGING YOURSELF AS CUTE...LOL. JUST LIKE THE OP,YOU STILL HAVE A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT LIFE.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Cutehector(m): 10:31am On Sep 01, 2015
toprealman:
YOU ARE STILL TAGGING YOURSELF AS CUTE...LOL. JUST LIKE THE OP,YOU STILL HAVE A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT LIFE.
what has my moniker got to do with this? Seems like u dnt hv anythn tangibe to write...
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Adesiji77: 10:34am On Sep 01, 2015
alexistaiwo:
Had a heated argument with my girlfriend today. In the course of exchanging words she said that she is always approached by guys better than me, guys I can never compare to. she made it sound as though she is doing me a favour by dating me.

Though I love her and she loves me too, some words are relationship deal breakers. I just can't get that statement out of my head even after much apologies and crying on her part.

Sometimes, people who love each other say things that they do not really mean out anger but regret it afterwards.

It is up to you to forgive her even if you have water-tight proof that she is only "managing" you. To err is human...
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by seanjy4konji: 10:35am On Sep 01, 2015
Those are words coming out from a girl who roll with girlfriends who date men because of money or sorts...her friends influence has been playing mind games with her since but she loves you...

If you dont up your game,she will soon leave you but the truth is she loves you but forgive her and tell her never to ever compare you to any one and she can as well leave to go and meet them now...

They can kill you if you dont use your brain bro...they can kill you with such words if you are not careful.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by inze(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2015
. . . be it your girlfriend or wife, if guys don't approach her then something is wrong with her.

What matter is how she respond/handle such advances
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 01, 2015
nobilis:

I didn't want to respond to this your insult but I had to correct one impression.

It's obvious that common sense isn't so common after all.

If you have a girlfriend or wife, I want you to come on here and swear openly that there is no other woman who is more beautiful, more classy, more elegant, richer, better in bed or even more homely than your woman.

Yet in spite of all these, you still chose to remain with her. You still chose to be with her. It is that choice that is the substance of love.

And ur woman will be proud that u chose to leave all those other women and chose to be with her in spite of all her flaws and imperfections.

It is the same way with women.
Can you come on here and declare that your girlfriend cannot do better than you?
Are you trying to say that there is no man out there who is richer, more caring, more loving than you are, with whom she could have a relationship?
No matter how many org.asms u can give her in bed, there are man out there who can give her much more than that.
No matter how rich u are, there are men who are richer than you are.

And some of these men might have been approaching her, maybe even before she agreed to date you.
Yet she ignored those others and said yes to you.
Isn't that something that should make you proud.

If u had any little sense at all, you would have understood that that was the point I was trying to make.
But I don't expect you to.

You already know you're a psychopath (cf. Your signature)
BROS!

YOUR HEAD IS REALLY UPSIDE DOWN undecided

DID YOU EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OF INSULT?
WERE IS THE INSULT IN THAT COMMENT undecided

BUT RATHER YOU BOUNCE EVERTHING ON ME, EVEN WENT TO THAT EXTENT OF CALLING ME A PSYCHOPATH angry

WELL!! SUIT YOU BEST. LOOK IT THIS WAY, YOU HAVE A LOW SELF ESTEEM FOR YOU TO BE PROUD OF A WOMAN JUST BECAUSE SHE CHOOSE ONLY YOU WHILE MANY PEOPLE WANT HER.

MAN!! DON'T YOU KNOW YOU ARE MUCH MORE VALUABLE THAN THEM undecided IF YOU LIKE! YOU CAN HAVE MORE THAN 10 WOMEN IF ONLY YOU WANT IT.

ONLY POOR PEOPLE STRUGGLE JUST TO BE WITH ONE WOMAN.

SUIT YOU BEST
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by CashVessel(m): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2015
alexistaiwo:

Yes it is enough to break the relationship, cos it's obvious she thinks you don't deserve her. I wonder how she knows those other guys are better than you. You need a woman who can look up to you and not look down on you in disdain.
It is your decision to make anyway, and not ours..
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 01, 2015
CzarChris:
Well Op, for me that statement alone is a deal breaker, but what can I say? We humans differ. Even the bible says, "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speakth".
Had an argument with my fiancee last friday, she said something that I for one never imagined would come out of her mouth. I called it quits last sunday, though I'm still in pains somewhat but better I encounter the pain now a solve it, than be married and in torture.

So Op use your head.
Wetin your fiance tell you? Gist us nah, nawa for you oo
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 01, 2015
mascot87:

Guy, no come here later & open a thread on how that asshole u are dating now dumped ur fucking ass later.You see the number of like I got? Those asshole aren't loyal trust me. You will be lucky if u don't experience it dude.
BROS! THOSE ASSHOLE AREN'T LOYAL AT ALL.

IT ONLY TAKES EXPERIENCE TO KNOW IT.

I PITY PEOPLE WHO FALL FOR THAT TRAP CALLED LOVE

1 Like

Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 01, 2015
mascot87:

Guy, no come here later & open a thread on how that asshole u are dating now dumped ur fucking ass later.You see the number of like I got? Those asshole aren't loyal trust me. You will be lucky if u don't experience it dude.
THOSE ASSHOLE AREN'T LOYAL AT ALL.

IT ONLY TAKES EXPERIENCE TO KNOW IT.
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by tomdon(m): 11:16am On Sep 01, 2015
alexistaiwo:

approach is different from date.
that a guy approaches a girl doesn't mean he can live with or even date d girl.
so in this case, its the bird in hand that's the very bird she has
she obviously is not really in love with you because its you that she should see as the best
Re: Is This Enough Reason To Quit The Relationship? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 01, 2015
MissMalia:
do I really av 2 call him nd apologise again?cos we settled everytn on dt day nd he even suprised me with a gift just to proof he's no longer mad @ me but I knw he still tink abt my words especially dt of my ex as he does tease me with does words I uttered den nd it makes me fEel guilty.

Lol. You see what I mean? He hasn't forgotten. Just because he's forgiven you doesn't mean he doesn't think about those words. A man wants to prove himself worthy to have your attention and he'll give everything to prove just that.

Did you get him a gift too to show you were sorry? If you didn't, you should and apologise again and let him know he's been eating you up. I'm pretty sure that would buy him over considerably.

Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Kcee Shares Photos Of Unclad Couple Riding Their Bikes In London / Ladies, Your "NO-TO-SEX" Makes You Even More Attractive To Us (must Read) / Young Lady Cries Uncontrollably After Boyfriend Of 5 Years Dumped Her (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.