Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage (783 Views)

Let's Discuss:why Do Married Men And Women Still Cheat After Marriage? / Mom Catches Son And Her Best Friend In Bed / Kenyan Father And Daughter Caught Red-Handed Having Sex; Mother Says 'I'm Aware' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
"Therefore, a man shall leave his father and his mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh" Despite the above words from God; Note the word "therefore" denoting finality and Scriptures that Still goes ahead under grace to say "Let everybody mind his own business" Nigerian In-Laws will leave you in utter confusion and a case of pishmal dishmal as to what their own version of marriage is or their understanding of the words above.

If there is one in a million reason I detest marriage that will be the issue of In-Laws poking noses in their sons marriage. If you are a Yoruba man you will understand what am saying.Hardly will you see any marriage being influence by the In-Laws. I mean I don't get it; why won't they just mind their business and Let the couples live their own life or are they telling us we are too dumb to understand anything or what?
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by missmary(f): 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
true but According o culture.. Its the families that get married to the respective persons...so they feel they can exercise rights over the home...
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by mitchie58(f): 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
Na busy body dey worry them
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2015
missmary:
big nose
You know, it's frustrating
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by missmary(f): 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
starlingslimnet:
You know, it's frustrating
Accept my apologies
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by CUM4WHAT(m): 11:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
missmary:
true but According o culture.. Its the families that get married to the respective persons...so they feel they can exercise rights over the home...
culture sucks shiit. Africa wudda been beta without culture...., dats y china and india wud suffer lyk africa despite their wealth.......... A world without culture but wisdom wud be a beta place. Thanks 4 reading.
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by meimoks(f): 11:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
You can't help it in Africa, all you need do is to play along that's marriage politics cool
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
missmary:

Accept my apologies
Apologies? I take that for a joke.... you got anything to say on. the topic
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by missmary(f): 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Apologies? I take that for a joke.... you got anything to say on. the topic
Already did
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
meimoks:
You can't help it in Africa, all you need do is to play along that's marriage politics cool
You know not all of us can live in self abnegation and pretension.....
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by missmary(f): 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
culture sucks shiit. Africa wudda been beta without culture...., dats y china and india wud suffer lyk africa despite their wealth.......... A world without culture but wisdom wud be a beta place. Thanks 4 reading.
UWC
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
Okay Let me read
missmary:

Already did
It Still doesn't pacify the situation or justify their action with the course of discussion.... What about the freedom given and ordinated by God the inventor of marriage.... why will In-Laws who believe in that God be restraining this freedom
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by missmary(f): 11:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Okay Let me read It Still doesn't pacify the situation or justify their action with the course of discussion.... What about the freedom given and ordinated by God the inventor of marriage.... why will In-Laws who believe in that God be restraining this freedom

That's the thing.. Not everyone who goes to church is a christian... Probably they still take tradition higher than religion
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 01, 2015
missmary:

That's the thing.. Not everyone who goes to church is a christian... Probably they still take tradition higher than religion
And if one loves his wife like kilode In-Laws are quick to say "O ti je efo" meaning "He has been jazzed"
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by missmary(f): 12:10am On Sep 01, 2015
starlingslimnet:
And if one loves his wife like kilode In-Laws are quick to say "O ti je efo" meaning "He has been jazzed"
Mo gbo Yoruba... grin... Thats what they do o
Re: Discuss: Why Do In-law Poke Noses In Son's And Daughter's Marriage by donholy28(m): 12:37am On Sep 01, 2015
Its just parental instinct...they keep seeing their children as kids although they tell them that they're not kids anymore.

(1) (Reply)

Proof: Maturity Is Overrated / I Need Your Advice Honestly / Wat Wiil U Do If Ur Bro/sis Brings Home A Physically Challenged Gal/boi As Bae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.