Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH (25440 Views)

PDP Senators Kick As Buhari Fails To Submit List Of Ministers - Vanguard / APC Disowns One Meal A Day Billboard / Suicide Bombs: Muslims Kick As Army, Police Frisk Women In Hijab, Burka - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by oloriooko(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2015
[img]http://postimg.org/image/nbr2pidsj/[/img]

A politician will always be a politician!
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by sasquareT(m): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2015
[quote author=popez post=37548155]

Are you now wiser and more informed than your principal that came out publicly to deny any involvement in the revamping of those two sectors? Oga,let's always tow the path of upright and moral living. Lies and deception doesn't take one very far. Good morning
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by nobeku: 8:45am On Sep 01, 2015
AdaNri1:
you must be mocking APC or else I'm not getting this. Boko haram now kills on horse back!!! Because they have no resistance from the army anymore. Or was that not a few days ago?

What refineries? Warri refinery has just been closed. A refinery that was working and needed more maintenance but because it's in the south it's been closed!

I wonder what image you're talking about, or when last you spoke to Kenyans. People were wining medals in the IAAF championship and not even a bronze to our country.
If you ask me if say you will defend APC come what may but to use baseless or unverifiable points in doing so is so not acceptable.
Mehn!This your album is phat..I like track 11,"I won't deny it,I am a wailing wailer,you don't wanna faack with me"...Nice lyrical fitness and delivery..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by sparkwil(m): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2015
Can any truth come out of the lying liars
sad angry sad

We aren't really surprised
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by Horlawale1(m): 8:48am On Sep 01, 2015
Nigeria was not destroyed in 100 days
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by nobeku: 8:48am On Sep 01, 2015
BabyDaddy20:

Let.me.ask you this

The electricity wasn't working during Jonathan's tenure, what did Buhari do to make it start working ?? He bought a new transformer ??
The refineries wasn't working , who fixed it immediately Buhari became the president ??

Please, I beg you in the name of God Almighty, Answer this questions
Another member of the legion of ignoramuses..
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by oloriooko(m): 8:52am On Sep 01, 2015
A Politician will always be a politician

[img]http://postimg.org/image/nbr2pidsj/[/img]
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by HzRF(m): 8:52am On Sep 01, 2015
ORACLE1975:
Those who are judging a government achievements in 100 days should first look at the challenges the govt have faced since coming into power and what it has been able to put in place.
Any house built on false foundation can never stand.Buhari meant well for Nigeria and we should give him the chance to get things right.
patience is in short supply in Nigeria.we want miracles.
Take it or leave Buhari is the best alternative we have to the PDP govt.
If u are telling me buhari has achieved more than Jonathan as stated baby liar mohammed and other APC supporters
Then why should big not be critical of him

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 01, 2015
nobeku:
Another member of the legion of ignoramuses..

Can't you detect i don't fancy you ?
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by TheFreeOne: 8:53am On Sep 01, 2015
The commentator, Yasin, said, “You did not disown those so called publications then because they suited your agenda. Now all we get from you is persistent use of the Peoples Domocratic Party as an excuse to cover your gross incompetence. We are not fooled.

“The PDP left a mess; an ex-minister stole $6bn, etc. When will you stop distracting the masses and sit down to govern? Has PDP/Goodluck Jonathan prevented you from naming any ministers?

“Your first 100 days will pass without any significant achievement to show, not even the quick wins recommended by (Ahmed) Joda committee. Your present press release and others to come are aimed at dampening expectations. How can you achieve anything significant without ministers, without policies? This is not the change we voted for”

The emergence of Buharis presidency is a clear case of 419.

Anti-corruption was his campaign mantra but ironically he became president by obtaining votes via fraud which is another form of corruption.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by handie(m): 8:53am On Sep 01, 2015
kraftykc:

I see your pain but maybe this is too small and issue to get so disillusioned by.
Is it? I've always boasted of how Buhari will declare his assets in the first one week of his presidency. Later on, I was made to understand the the CCB will have to verify his assets before he can publicly declare em. They said it took Yar'Adua a month to declare his. So, nothing will be declared before @ least a month. It's almost 100 days and Mr. President hasn't even given a thought to his campaign promise to publicly declare his assets. This is just one of many promises he has flouted these past 100 days

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by free2ryhme: 8:55am On Sep 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by HzRF(m): 8:55am On Sep 01, 2015
Toks2008:

Why are you freaking wasting your time trying to make people whio are used and have decided to remain in darkness see reason in a beam of light?

Please let the wailing wailers continue.

Before i make my deductions, i will wait for 2 full calendar years.

In 6 good years Jonathan did absolutely nada and now our disillusioned Nigerians are wailing and expecting magic in just 100days of office.

Iranu

As for lai Mohamed i guess that guy should be sacked and let someone else take the position because i don't see why he is trying to polish the issue. If i were in his position i will bluntly let Nigerians understand that YES WE MADE THE PROMISE and apologize that we never knew the rot we will meet and we will try our best to ensure we deliver on our promises regardless of the empty treasury we met and the unprecedented and UN-envisaged rot in the system as a result of bad governance of PDP for 16 long years.

Yeye dey smell

Passingshot and light

How daft can people be

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 01, 2015
For 6 years, some dude promised steady power but kept shifting d goal post, I culd'nt boast of 40 mins Power sup. but in just 3 months, i can boast of 40 hrs un-interrupted power supply! I luv CHANGE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by HzRF(m): 8:58am On Sep 01, 2015
Demdem:
It was very foolish of APC to have disown a document that was brandished from them during the elections. What would it have taken them to apologise to Nigerians for the delay in implementation and attributing to the mis-governance and thievery of past government headed by jonah-daft. All sane minds knows that jonah-daft destroyed this country and it will take far more time than earlier envisaged to stabilize things which is the obvious truth. Again, APC was so so foolish.
However, am pleased with the Generals performance so far. The promises may be delayed but am optimistic that it will come to past.

Demdem is back
Doing what he knows how to do best

Epitomizing stupidity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by HzRF(m): 9:03am On Sep 01, 2015
realmike44:
If some of you think that buhari not appointing ministers is a failure, then you consider this facts 1. Working of some refineries without a petroleum minister 2. Improvement in power sector without a power minister 3. Recovering of looted fund in US and other countries without the help of any minister in charge of that duty
Which refinery is working

D power is trying to corner is not even his achievement itz just 1 of d assests he inherited

Recovering loot?
On pages of newspapers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by nobeku: 9:03am On Sep 01, 2015
demoore1:
Zombie ...Even GMB admitted that Refinery and Electricity are GEJs work.
The refineries were revamped by GEJ administration over a year ago..WHY DIDNT THEY REFINE CRUDE?Because his minister of petroleum PURPOSEFULLY REFUSED to send crude to the refineries..She even said that the refineries will come upstream from July 2016 or so..All of a sudden,PMB comes on board and they begin to work DRAMATICALLY..What does it say?Crude was given to indigenous oil firm as OPASs to take abroad to refine and bring back refined products for us..meanwhile the refineries were starved of crude in the excuse of pipeline vandalization and that the main refracting units could not be overhauled seeing that their parts were no longer produced..YET THE THEN GMD OF NNPC SAID THE REFINERIES WERE 60% OPERATIONAL..What does that tell you?..DIEZIANI AND HER COHORTS STOLE THIS COUNTRY BLUE BLACK!!!!Even your dear Jona was on a need to know basis in a country he headed?PHUCK UP OF LIFE!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by kraftykc(m): 9:04am On Sep 01, 2015
handie:
Is it? I've always boasted of how Buhari will declare his assets in the first one week of his presidency. Later on, I was made to understand the the CCB will have to verify his assets before he can publicly declare em. They said it took Yar'Adua a month to declare his. So, nothing will be declared before @ least a month. It's almost 100 days and Mr. President hasn't even given a thought to his campaign promise to publicly declare his assets. This is just one of many promises he has flouted these past 100 days

Oh I'm totally with you on this page, the man has seemingly floundered about till now on actual ethical behavior. He did say that we should expect not much in his first 100 days though, even if he allowed his media team to say something altogether different. So yeah he is nothing but a politician, no matter however he would like to represent himself.

But he also hasn't faltered in his promise of change to us. I mean we will see this change that's for certain. Maybe when he leaves we will not be so concerned where our appointees come from, or whose "turn" it is to rule. I hope he can teach us that lesson at least. How to trust Nigerians, not just ethnic groups.

As for messiah, lol, that he is definitely not.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by barbstee(m): 9:06am On Sep 01, 2015
A Lagos lawyer, Festus Keyamo, said, “If
those promises were made in the
course of the presidential campaign and
they were made by the party for Buhari
as the presidential candidate, then it is
only proper that the President should
deliver on those promises and Nigerians
should hold him accountable regarding
those promises.
But then, I can vouch for President
Buhari. I travelled with him and I was
with him at Chatham House when he
was asked a question on what he
would do in the first 100 days; and
Buhari’s reply was very simple. He said, ‘I
consider all of these promises about my
100 days in office fraudulent. I am not
going to commit myself to any 100 days
promises
.’
“That was what he said at the Chatham
House in London.
“But if the party made any promises
regarding 100 days, perhaps the
President should have corrected them at
that time.”
i knw Buhari never said it by himself anyway i believe he hs tried his best since assumption of office
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 01, 2015
PassingShot:

Fact 1: Electricity was appalling during GEJ.

Fact 2: Refineries were in comatose during GEJ.

I wonder why Jonathan preferred those two didn't work during his time.

Safe the preaching!

The last time I checked, money was still being paid to oil marketers to import fuel for us. Yet on paper they claim that the refineries are all working
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by Amuj: 9:09am On Sep 01, 2015
I find ds funny for crying out loud dy wer CAMPAIGNING for votes dy wld tel u anythg jst to get ur votes no matter wat dy promsd dy can't do evrythg dy can only do d best dy can. Apc myt b a party of change bt let's remember it's still a political party wh must play politics to survive

My 2cents

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 01, 2015
hahahhhha hope Yoruba people have finally know that buhari is a real joke

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by nobeku: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2015
tonquendo4u:
I have seen how intelligent u are.Power improved d day PMB was sworn in.Mayb he fixed it b4 becoming d president.D light and Nnpc were GEJks work.But he's from d minority and surrounded himself wt power mongers from d north n west and dey sat ontop of his work till he went down
You are consummated innately to be an ediot..GEJ surrounded himself blah blah blah..WHO DID YOU SAY SURROUNDED HIMSELF WITH POWER MONGERS FROM THE NORTH?Listen to yourself..GEJ did the surrounding,not me or you or Buhari..A president allowed his subjects to seat on top of his work till he went down?After God created the world,he saw that all was good..INCLUDING YOUR FOOOLERY!!!!!
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by handie(m): 9:12am On Sep 01, 2015
kraftykc:

Oh I'm totally with you on this page, the man has seemingly floundered about till now on actual ethical behavior. He did say that we should expect not much in his first 100 days though, even if he allowed his media team to say something altogether different. So yeah he is nothing but a politician, no matter however he would like to represent himself.

But he also hasn't faltered in his promise of change to us. I mean we will see this change that's for certain. Maybe when he leaves we will not be so concerned where our appointees come from, or whose "turn" it is to rule. I hope he can teach us that lesson at least. How to trust Nigerians, not just ethnic groups.

As for messiah, lol, that he is definitely not.
Well, I hope he really does something. But I'm not betting on that and the enthusiasm has died

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by MizMyColi(f): 9:13am On Sep 01, 2015
IsaacBuchi:
At least we are sure of one thing, they promised change and here we have it, lots of coins . undecided
gringringringrincheesygringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by Ndeewonu: 9:17am On Sep 01, 2015
One Chance!
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by nobeku: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2015
BabyDaddy20:

Can't you detect i don't fancy you ?
Sorry, I dont do transgenders!
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by PassingShot(m): 9:22am On Sep 01, 2015
OldJohn:

The last time I checked, money was still being paid to oil marketers to import fuel for us. Yet on paper they claim that the refineries are all working
Even if all refineries work to 100% capacity, we will still import fuel because our fuel need is more than our refineries' combined capacity.

The good thing now is that fuel importers have been drastically reduced from more than 40 to about 15 or so. So, frivolous claims are being reduced. That is change.
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by francizy(m): 9:23am On Sep 01, 2015
AzontoGhost:

bro, This is what I call;

SUFFERING n SMILING grin grin

Don't mind him. Dude wants to justify his salaries.
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by petermichaels(m): 9:24am On Sep 01, 2015
Jst laughing in swahili and eating my aya
Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by frankyychiji(f): 9:34am On Sep 01, 2015
warrior01:

Now you know Buhari is now an old sepulcher?
Guy, I have always known that, but they shut me up by saying Buhari was like fine wine!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kick As APC Disowns Buhari’s Campaign Promises - PUNCH by badmrkt(m): 9:36am On Sep 01, 2015
Buhari and his party must give my Lil niece the promised free meal, or else...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breakdown Of Buhari’s Travels Since He Assumed Office Revealed / Zamfara Massacre: I Alerted Securities 24 Hours Before, They Failed To Act- Yari / Gunmen Invade Ministry Of Finance In Nasarawa, Cart Away ₦100 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.