Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him (92585 Views)

Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

And I believe the point most men are making is why is this matter in public at all? Why isn't she talking to her husband. This woman seems mentally unbalanced posting this on facebook. This isn't the business of anybody but theirs.

Please give us the link to the men's thread

I am sorry I haven't read such point here from the 'men'.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
adesbreath:

In order words your friend and lover cannot stop being ur friend and lover after marriage... it's only God that gives us grace everything can change just pray it wont.

In the right words, marry that friend and lover for starters, if change comes, take it from there but start with the right foundation first. We tend to disturb God a lot, his grace is already sufficient for all of us.

You don't get married to a beast because the friend and lover you could have married might eventually become a beast. Take each beautiful day of your life as it comes and don't live in "what ifs", what if this hideous change you anticipated never came? What if you live happily ever after? Are there no happily ever after? Did every marriage end in tales of woe? Do the right thing first, it's not your duty to sort out tomorrow, why worry about tomorrow when no one is guaranteed tomorrow?
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by NemzySeries(m): 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2015
@Op U're lucky u didnt marry ma kind of person bkos even ma teeth u'll b d 1brushing it 4 me .......hiz ur husband ooo. so beta do d needful bkos u wunt b comfortable telling the world dat u separated frm ur hubby bkos u didnt dish hiz food d way he wanted.....itz not as if hiz beating u sef.....if na me after dishing d food u'lll feed & massage me & e no mean say we no go dey do shoki 4 nite join Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Johnrake69: 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:

How about you serving your wife the way you serve your mother? Hope that would go down well with you .

Sorry my mother serves me. Is that a problem? In fact she craves for it. Am sorry for intruding, that part got my attention. grin. Peace

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2015
cococandy:

As in.

Nwoke madu food dey your front. carry am put for your plate like a normal person, he refused.

Ngwanu madam dish it for him to avoid wahala, she's on Facebook making a fuss.

I think it's unnecessary bringing such a trivial matter to the social media. For me she didn't try but I'm surprised some people don't think there's something wrong with the man's behavior.

Even rejecting food because it was in front of you and not put on your plate? That's abnormal.
Why can't we just call a spade a spade.
His behavior isn't normal.

Let her dish d food. There's nothing wrong wit that.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Krasid(m): 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
This shouldn't even be up for argument.You should dish the food for him.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by amazingspiderma: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
God provided you with a husband
Provided money for feeding
even gave your husband a job so he can feed you and your family.
And you are getting provoked because he asked you to serve him food.

I think you should be concern about the time he will start coming home so that you can eat that your food alone.
A wife is a home maker and she should make her husband always proud of her.
Those in support of this action do not have your interest at heart.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by babygirlfl: 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
cococandy:
@bold, possibly.

If she is more out of the house and busy with other stuff outside the home, he will graduate from serving the food in front of him onto his plate to making dinner before she gets home sometimes. cheesy

The pouting and tantrums is because he's seeing her available all the time to attend to him.

I think it's unnecessary bringing such a trivial matter to the social media. For me she didn't try but I'm surprised some people don't think there's something wrong with the man's behavior.

Even rejecting food because it was in front of you and not put on your plate? That's abnormal.
Why can't we just call a spade a spade.
His behavior isn't normal.

That is my point exactly. Is Ngozi Iweala's husband going to ask her to leave her job and dish the food in front of him? People won't call a spade a spade. This issue is simple. It's not whether we can serve our husband or not. It is about a man waiting for the busy wife to dish from the food right in front of him. Notice how the story has been turned to make the woman bad. Agreed it won't kill the woman if she dishes it but to ignore the obvious lack of respect and love on the part of the man and exaggerate the woman's refusal is beyond comprehension. The question is would it kill the man to dish his food too?

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:
Please I will want to know the opinion of people.
My husband insists I dish his food. For instance, if I set the food on the table with plates and cutlery, he prefers I dish onto his plate, that it shows complete service.i think otherwise because I might be busy attending to other chores. This morning he almost left for work without taking breakfast and when i asked why he was leaving, he said the service was not complete. So I had to leave what I was doing to dish food for him.

What are your views on this?
*culled from facebook*

UNTILL ONE WOMAN TAKE YOUR HUSBAND FOR YOU.
YOUR STUPID HEAD GO COME BACK TO IT SENSES

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by ocelot2006(m): 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
I see nothing wrong with your husband's demand. My wife serves my meals and we eat together plus joke around as she tries to seize my meat/chicken (she wins most of the time). It takes absolutely nothing from you, but adds A WHOLE LOT.

But hey, you can always reject this and watch another woman feed him with so so so sooooo much more. Your choice.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

Please give us the link to the men's thread

I am sorry I haven't read such point here from the 'men'.

I wouldn't expect you to have read such. You can conduct a poll or ask each man who's commented here for better insight.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by cococandy(f): 5:50pm On Sep 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

That is my point exactly. Is Ngozi Iweala's husband going to ask her to leave her job and dish the food in front of him? People won't call a spade a spade. This issue is simple. It's not whether we can serve our husband or not. It is about a man waiting for the busy wife to dish from the food right in front of him. Notice how the story has been turned to make the woman bad. Agreed it won't kill the woman if she dishes it but to ignore the obvious lack of respect and love on the part of the man and exaggerate the woman's refusal is beyond comprehension.
That's as expected.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ilaje44:
In this modern age? Did he marry you as his companion or his servant?
BTW, not giving complete service is not a function of looking outside of the matrimonial home. If he's a cheat, he'll do that even if you give total and unconditional service in all ramifications

In this modern age, have the functions of peniis and vagiina changed? Or the need for work? Please, educate us on how expecting one's wife to serve him properly is tantamount to slavery. We need this your modern education, sir.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by cococandy(f): 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2015
chuna1985:

Let her dish d food. There's nothing wrong wit that.

Who said it's wrong?

Nairaland ppl and comprehension issues.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by amazingspiderma: 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
Thank God you said if,meaning you are not married.
When you get there you will understand the meaning of divorce.
Spelling it does not mean you understand it.

raayah:

Well, if my husband acted this way towards me[b][/b], I would seriously consider a divorce. Refusing to eat my food two times in a row because of complete service does not make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by BuddhaPalm(m): 5:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
tearoses:
Marriage has been turned into worse than the Syrian war
Plots, firepower, secret service, weapons, spys, war crimes, surface to air missles and prisoners everywhere.
I am 101% sure that this is not what God intened for marriage
It is well.

Lol, years ago, a friend's pastor said: "Marriage is 99% canal".

I agree with him.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
Both man and wife are just childish.I see no reason why a wife cannot dish out food for her hubby,or hubby dish food for himself when it is right in front of him.
May God give us wisdom.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by folks4luv(f): 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
This issue looks really trivia, so it's normal if people doesn't understand, but the point is not dishing d food, d point is d woman being so occupied with other chores, and then having to leave those to dish food, it can b frustrating to have many things to do at the same time, then d husband insisting she leave those things to dish food which is placed right in front of him, it makes him look insensitive, and some how egocentric. But then, if that's what he want, the woman will just have to try adjust, cos no option, whoever u chose to marry, u must submit to.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

Is Ngozi Iweala's husband going to ask her to leave her job and dish the food in front of him?

It is about a man waiting for the busy wife to dish from the food right in front of him. Notice how the story has been turned to make the woman bad.

Agreed it won't kill the woman if she dishes it but to ignore the obvious lack of respect and love on the part of the man and exaggerate the woman's refusal is beyond comprehension. The question is would it kill the man to dish his food too?

Ngozi Okonjo sleeps and lives in the office? Or did the Op mention the husband going to her office to drag her to serve him food? Or Ngozi Okonjo doesn't do house chores? It is this mental gymnastics that has prolonged this discussion with you women calling the husband all sorts of names.

All she needed to do was serve the damn food.

If it won't kill her, you should tell her to shut up and manage her husband with sense and stop spamming the internet with disgusting topics.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

That is my point exactly. Is Ngozi Iweala's husband going to ask her to leave her job and dish the food in front of him? People won't call a spade a spade. This issue is simple. It's not whether we can serve our husband or not. It is about a man waiting for the busy wife to dish from the food right in front of him. Notice how the story has been turned to make the woman bad. Agreed it won't kill the woman if she dishes it but to ignore the obvious lack of respect and love on the part of the man and exaggerate the woman's refusal is beyond comprehension. The question is would it kill the man to dish his food too?

Hahhhhahahahahahahaha!
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
This is obviously a one-sided story. I'm sure the man must have addressed this issue time without number.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by missKiffy(f): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
Spybradd:

ur head dey there,u spoke da words outta our mouth..........misskiffy must not only..wetin she call am again,ok dish out my ojéun,she must feed me as well..o yes..or else.....grin
Seems u are obsessed with misskiffy grin
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2015
Since the woman cooked d food,can't she dish it into a plate put it in a tray and serve her hubby?
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by UjSizzle(f): 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2015
The comments on facebook are very disturbing.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Dstarst(f): 6:05pm On Sep 02, 2015
Both of you lack understanding in ur marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by babygirlfl: 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Ngozi Okonjo sleeps and lives in the office? Or did the Op mention the husband going to her office to drag her to serve him food? Or Ngozi Okonjo doesn't do house chores? It is this mental gymnastics that has prolonged this discussion with you women calling the husband all sorts of names.

All she needed to do was serve the damn food.

If it won't kill her, you should tell her to shut up and manage her husband with sense and stop spamming the internet with disgusting topics.

It should be obvious that we don't see things in the same way. I see your post and jump pass it. Please do same to mine. If you think you can't go pass my post as in your mind I am corrupting other women, I share the same fear that you are corrupting other men and women. So you see, it's best we don't engage each other as nobody is going to change stance. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by tunesoft(m): 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
Very simple...you didn't know this about him before you married him? Ok now u know and u don't like it...so divorce him because you can't dish for him..then look for another man that is less concerned about food dishing...or better still go marry a white man who might even dish for you. So simple.....onto the next one peeps
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by samonom(m): 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Nairaland is now gradually be taking over by secondary school student, with their immature mind, who give unrreasonable remarks. Pls to d woman ur husband love u so much, u can dish d Food for him, cos also stay with him while eating, some women took their Marriage for granted, they are Paying for it now be wise madam. Ignore all Dis childish advice.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by cherriex(f): 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Wow,this is serious and funny,from a husband who is supposed
To be ur best friend,brother,companion and even your lover,anyways
For peace to reign pls serve him,if possible spoon feed him,
Theres a saying that a person who wants to cry if u throw
Him a wool will wail.he's just looking for excuse,don't give him any
An excuse.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

It should be obvious that we don't see things in the same way. I see your post and jump pass it. Please do same to mine. If you think you can't go pass my post as in your mind I am corrupting other women, I share the same fear that you are corrupting other men and women. So you see, it's best we don't engage each other as nobody is going to change stance. Thanks

You have several options really. You can either jump and pass my comments quoting you or you can pray I jump and pass yours or you can stop commenting altogether if my quoting you is so grievous to your heart. Your call.

However, as long as you post in this forum, woman, I reserve the right to exercise my right to quote you and comment on your comments. Meanwhile, I will continue to quote you, even if just to set others straight. Let's be clear on that ok?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by sage2(m): 6:17pm On Sep 02, 2015
My dear, don't do it! What are his hands for? You have done you part by cooking for him. If he doesn't want to eat, that's his problem. I think your husband is ungrateful for asking you to dish his food after you have spent all your time cooking for him. Meanwhile, by the time you find yourself divorced, your eyes go clear. So to dish your husband food don become hard work again? SMH for these indomie wives.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by babygirlfl: 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

You have several options really. You can either jump and pass my comments quoting you or you can pray I jump and pass yours or you can stop commenting altogether if my quoting you is so grievous to your heart. Your call.

However, as long as you post in this forum, woman, I reserve the right to exercise my right to quote you and comment on your comments. Meanwhile, I will continue to quote you, even if just to set others straight. Let's be clear on that ok?

You are just trying to create trouble where there is none. If you like you can quote me but you can't stop me from commenting neither can you stop me from saying what I want to say. It's funny of you to think your comments are actually setting people straight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (30) (Reply)

She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / My Wife Gave Me The Shock Of My Life. Help! / Man Flogs His Wife With Belt For Slapping His Side Chic At Filmhouse, LEKKI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.