Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,593 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him (92697 Views)

Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 02, 2015
cococandy:

As in.

Nwoke madu food dey your front. carry am put for your plate like a normal person, he refused.

Ngwanu madam dish it for him to avoid wahala, she's on Facebook making a fuss.

I think it's unnecessary bringing such a trivial matter to the social media. For me she didn't try but I'm surprised some people don't think there's something wrong with the man's behavior.

Even rejecting food because it was in front of you and not put on your plate? That's abnormal.
Why can't we just call a spade a spade.
His behavior isn't normal.

If na for u,person wey keep her home should never listen to one word u say,ur mentality is oblivious of home harmony. No worry,u sef go soon start ur own thread,I just dey look . Like I always tell ya,u a beautiful dunce. Till then,pls gerara hia

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by GoodFaith: 6:27pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ewuro4:

#1 ,2,3,4,5 &7 ALL CHECK! grin

As for #5, Nah. Afro Canadians will never provide an Octogenarian a soapy hand washing water. You walk up to the sink and DIY.

Good early momo morning from my Crib.

I am not sure what types of Afro Canadians u talking about -- Girls from the Caribbean ?
Lot of Caribbean girls will take good care of men-- I know
---Nigeria women in Canada do it before the become wives and they will stop after they become wives
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

You are just trying to create trouble where there is none.

If you like you can quote me but you can't stop me from commenting neither can you stop me from saying what I want to say.

It's funny of you to think your comments are actually setting people straight.

Wooos, I have spoken my mind. If you make a comment I want to quote, I will quote it. However, if you have time for this trouble you think I wan to create, let me know.

You are the one telling me not to comment and now you're telling me I can't stop you from commenting? Ai tete m'ole tins eh? If it's hunger, get food let your brain work well. It would be nice of you to point out anywhere I requested you not commenting as you have done to me.

I am entitled to my opinion am I not? However, I find it funny that you accuse me of the very thing you are guilty of. Such behaviours don't portend sound mental health. Are we in the projecting business now?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by GoodFaith: 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2015
Every homes are different
There are other factors to be consider
wife is a full time house wife or she work part time
wife have a full time job outside the home
Can a husband dish food for the wife? and ask his wife what she want to drink?
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by sage2(m): 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2015
cococandy:

As in.

Nwoke madu food dey your front. carry am put for your plate like a normal person, he refused.

I think it's unnecessary bringing such a trivial matter to the social media. For me she didn't try but I'm surprised some people don't think there's something wrong with the man's behavior.

Even rejecting food because it was in front of you and not put on your plate? That's abnormal.

If having our food dished by our wives makes us feel better then what is wrong in a wife making her husband feel better? There is nothing abnormal there. It is not as if the husband asked her to get him pregnant.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by blessedtwins: 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2015
[quote author=TV01 post=37589062]
My views?

The wife is in serious dereliction of her duty. The expectation is;

1. She prepares all meals fresh in direct accord with his taste and preferences
2. She sets-up and serves him accordingly
3. She waits on him while he eats - being proactive in ensuring he has all he needs
4. She clears up at his prompting - although she should learn to take non-verbal cues here.
5. She presents warm soapy water for washing hands, followed by a scented towel for drying - he may prefer you to dry, verify this.
6. She should thank him for allowing her to be of service
7. She should make enquiry as to how she could have improved the service

I also think he's a bit slack for permitting this slovenly approach - give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile. As for "having other chores to attend to", what could take priority over serving your husband .

Arrant nonsense. A woman that loves and is committed to you will love to serve you. All these side-chicks masquerading as wives. Next she'll be asking for you to consider her needs during intimacy angry.

You sound like my soon to be ex husband.brutish and selfish
Joker

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by babygirlfl: 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
Timbuktou:

Wooos, I have spoken my mind. If you make a comment I want to quote, I will quote it. However, if you have time for this trouble you think I wan to create, let me know.

You are the one telling me not to comment and now you're telling me I can't stop you from commenting? Ai tete m'ole tins eh? If it's hunger, get food let your brain work well. It would be nice of you to point out anywhere I requested you not commenting as you have done to me.

I am entitled to my opinion am I not? However, I find it funny that you accuse me of the very thing you. Such behaviours don't portend sound mental health. Are we in the projecting business now?

I have not insulted you and would not entertain any more insults. This is the reason why I can't debate with you. When you run out of something reasonable to say, you result to insults.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
MarvellousGod:
He's not only being immature, he's being very very silly. .. rejecting your wife's food cos of a petty issue? What will now happen if the food isn't cooked well? Pour it on her? I suspect he has another place he goes to eat and just uses this as an excuse. ..

My dear, this is marriage. Some things are supposed to be overlooked. . Do you think the marriage will survive if the woman picks on small stuffs the husband does? How do they handle bigger issues if they see this as a problem? The woman has cooked the food (definitely alone), she has served also, to dish out is the only problem. Maybe she should also feed the man after dishing out.. so laughable, grin grin... The man does it even when the woman is busy with other things. . As I said hunger never catch am or he doesn't enjoy the wife's food hence giving unreasonable excuses. ...

In HIS own house abi? Where's the woman's house? Maybe the corridor? grin grin grin .. this is what spoils marriage, selfishness, instead of doing things as "ours", you do as 'mine'

I may advice the woman to start doing as the husband wishes to avoid irreparable problems but that doesn't make the man's whining reasonable. ....
So men shouldn't be traditional abi? We should mimic the white man in some things like kissing feminists ass then reject some like being gay yeah. If you aren't married pls shut the trap,if you are married pls tell him he's being childish when he tell you to dish his food,in his house,with his hard earned money. I'm waiting for your thread. All these indomie children

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SmartMugu: 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
Johnrake69:

Sorry my mother serves me. Is that a problem? In fact she craves for it. Am sorry for intruding, that part got my attention. grin. Peace
Right on point. My mother does too whenever I'm with her. Although one of her reasons may be that I don't take too many meats from the pot...lol, but for the most part she was raised to serve her husband and the family. She considers them first before herself.
It may sound selfish, but it's a part of our cultures.
My lil sister picked that up from mom and serves her husband the same way.
I guess OP is better off remaining a spinster. For me o, marriage involve things like this and more...
I probably should blame the man for marrying someone like her. If dishing out food is a big deal for her, what else isnt? She may even want him to do the dishes after they are done.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by KingSango(m): 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2015
That's abuse, plain and simple. Husbands and wives are partners like Lions and Lioness. The Lioness doesn't spoon fed the Lion, he eats for himself, he eats first and that's all he asks. The Lion eats first because he must have the strength to fight and protect the pride. But if the Lion eats all or if the Lioness doesn't eat herself she will not have strength to hunt and soon the whole pride will die. Man should not exhaust their wives. But sometimes women in choosing husbands should do so on the basis of not just how strong a man is, but how wise as well. You've chosen a man that is excessively macho and probably thinks you enjoy seeing him that way, maybe when courting you found it cute. Maybe he reminded you of your father, very strong, but now its a bit too much and at the wrong times. You need to address it outside of dinner at the earliest possible chance, with humility and honesty. Love, Sango.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

I have not insulted you

and would not entertain any more insults.

This is the reason why I can't debate with you.

When you run out of something reasonable to say, you result to insults.

You insulted me when you lied against me. Do you expect me to take such bvllshit as a compliment? I have brought your attention to the lies you just posted against me. What have you done to rectify them? Have you apologised? Have you edited the post in question? Have you even admitted to peddling falsehoods against my person? Yet, you have not insulted me?! And no, asking you to get nutrients for your brain is no insult, it's well-meaning advice. We don't want lunatics running around commenting on nairaland, do we?

I'm glad to know that. I wasn't going to do so either.

The reason I can't debate with you is precisely what you're doing now. You leave arguments and try ad hominems. My first post you quoted has some points, have you addressed them in any logical, reasoning manner? No. But you assume you have superior argumentative skills? grin Anyway, the opinion rule, right?

That may be true or not. But certainly not in this case.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by menxer: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
This lady sef, you want us to advice you against serving your husband thereby saving your marriage?

You should be ashame for exposing your ignorance of your responsibility as a wife on social media.

You neva chi Chong ching.grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:44pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:
Please I will want to know the opinion of people.
My husband insists I dish his food. For instance, if I set the food on the table with plates and cutlery, he prefers I dish onto his plate, that it shows complete service.i think otherwise because I might be busy attending to other chores. This morning he almost left for work without taking breakfast and when i asked why he was leaving, he said the service was not complete. So I had to leave what I was doing to dish food for him.

What are your views on this?
*culled from facebook*

That's too much na..... You are his wife and closest friend not his house girl or slave..... Why should he insist ? My dear.... Some of us men are ungrateful and derogatory..... It's not nice when you treat your wife shabbily..... If you do it once in a while, it should be romantic but shouldn't be forced..... I for example will do a lot of things happily without being asked but once someone tries to force me to do what I do without stress and make it seem like I have no choice, then I say fvck it and refuse to do it..... My suggestion..... Talk to ur husband..... Explain to hi that you have no issues doing so but sometimes, situations might not allow you to do what he demand..... I am a guy too and as a guy, I know this shouldn't be a big deal for him.....

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by babygirlfl: 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2015
KingSango:

That's abuse, plain and simple. Husbands and wives are partners like Lions and Lioness. The Lioness doesn't spoon fed the Lion, he eats for himself, he eats first and that's all he asks. The Lion eats first because he must have the strength to fight and protect the pride. But if the Lion eats all or if the Lioness doesn't eat herself she will not have strength to hunt and soon the whole pride will die. Man should not exhaust their wives. But sometimes women in choosing husbands should do so on the basis of not just how strong a man is, but how wise as well. You've chosen a man that is excessively macho and probably thinks you enjoy seeing him that way, maybe when courting you found it cute. Maybe he reminded you of your father, very strong, but now its a bit too much and at the wrong times. You need to address it outside of dinner at the earliest possible chance, with humility and honesty. Love, Sango.

Coming from a man, there is hope. You are right. Women should stop getting married to such men. I hope they listen.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by ayox2003: 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
naijababe:

Hubby: I prefer if you serve my food and dish it as well

Me: Ok

Hubby: Babe, hand me the spanner will you please?

Me: I can't darling, I just had my nails done and don't want to be touching any spanner.

Does that help?

I don't even understand this busy thing sef! Busy doing what exactly? How long does it take to serve food? undecided I recall that my mum after serving my dad's food as described by the OP would sit beside him and watch him eat till he finishes.

Gbasibe!! 7-Star response!

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by sage2(m): 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

I hope she is kneeling while serving you with her face tilted downwards...

We won't except her to be rude enough to look you directly in the eyes... not so

And she will also rub your back so after food so you will bulch grin

I think she is allowed to look submissively into his eyes. But on a more serious note, a woman in love will gladly do all those things. Only whores and side chicks will make a big deal of it.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by bukatyne(f): 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
sage2:

I think she is allowed to look submissively into his eyes. But on a more serious note, a woman in love will gladly do all those things. Only whores and side chicks will make a big deal of it.

I thought side chicks are known to do them or why the saying 'do it so He doesn't leave you for another woman'?
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Jamean(f): 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2015
MarvellousGod:
grin grin grin grin.. Nothing person no go hear... grin

I'm fine dear.. asked after you sometime ago and was told you lost your phone hence no longer on Whatsapp. Hope you're good?

I got another phone shortly but didn't retrieve the line early. back now

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Stillfire: 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2015
Who are the mothers that keep on raising bastard sons like this?

I am capable of killing my son for demanding such from his wife. Them never born am well...

What a selfish, devilish and demonic idi.ot.

The character flaw here is beyond sickening.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by SmartMugu: 6:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
KingSango:

I have no idea what ure trying to say. Are u a Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by GoodFaith: 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
Stillfire:
Who are the mothers that keep on raising bastard sons like this?

I am capable of killing my son for demanding such from his wife. Them never born am well...

What a selfish, devilish and demonic idi.ot.

The character flaw here is beyond sickening.

You sound ignorant
We don't have the complete facts to make a complete good judgement

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by otr1(m): 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
Busy doing what exactly?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by byvan03: 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
bukatyne:

I thought side chicks are known to do them or why the saying 'do it so He doesn't leave you for another woman'?

You just cornered this person ,i doubt if an answer will come forth cheesy.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Where is the submission the bibke talked about. Do you have a job ? If no , then gladly dish that meal
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Obiwiz(m): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2015
Joy1706:
Please I will want to know the opinion of people.
My husband insists I dish his food. For instance, if I set the food on the table with plates and cutlery, he prefers I dish onto his plate, that it shows complete service.i think otherwise because I might be busy attending to other chores. This morning he almost left for work without taking breakfast and when i asked why he was leaving, he said the service was not complete. So I had to leave what I was doing to dish food for him.

What are your views on this?
*culled from facebook*

Native doctor or traditionalist? Which one him be?
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by kense88: 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
That man is an ass hole. So if he happens to attend any function and they serve him food, he will not eat because it was no served by his wife. I can bet all i have that the marriage will not work. It takes two to tango

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Mutaino7(m): 7:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
otr1:
Busy doing what exactly?
washing ponmo nah grin... if nah her papa come she fit tell am daddy serve urself my house is free to all... for the husby 2 reject her food go don tell u the kine woman sorry GAL she b.. am sure this aint d first time diz kind of issue will b coming up... so if nah booka she go dem go tell her say spoon dey bside u serve ursef.. u no even nid to talk b4 iya sikira don dey ask shey ponmo le fe abi ishon abi agemawor... pure water , napkin, water for rinsing don land 4 ur syd b4 u say Jesus come and eat.... how much less ur woman wey no nid introduction or placard b4 she dish am.. i trust if this same woman get fling lets say alhaji nah she go with am as d man dey eat dey use sweet word try cajole alhaji( blike.. Alhaji when am i going toget that money 4 my boutique..) no b when una wan favor naim u go come start to dey do humility shit.. My future wife God abeg make she no dey nairaland, and if by ojoro she dey make her comment dey make brain no b diz kine ideology wey full here.... sad cry
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by Elmojiid(m): 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2015
shoro ni yen, orishirishi may be datz her mum use to dish her dad, no woman fit try dat 1 wit me i b africa man original.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by KingSango(m): 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2015
SmartMugu:

I have no idea what ure trying to say. Are u a Nigerian?

No. But Nigeria is the most popular country in the African universe, who wouldn't want to mingle?
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by sinizia: 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
OP, I'm a man and in this 21st century I'm telling you that, that man you described up there is an arrogant prick!! A controlling heartless dùmbfuck who treats you like a slave!!

What nonsense!! If you are not busy and he says you'd dish it out for him, that's okay; but if you are busy and tending to other issue and he insist you dish out for him before he eats, then he's a callous and wicked dùmbfuck!! I pity you. You are in a master-slave relationship!! This is 21st century not 18th century. Dish what?!! What will it cost him to scoop food from a plate? WTF?!! I pity some ladies for real. All my life as a teenager till now, my mom serves my dad (if we are not around to take the food to him and when we're too small to carry the foods to him) but never spoon-fed or dished it out for him and my dad never complained. Is he handless? NO!! So why will he complain that my mom didn't dish out the food to him? What kind of lazy, arrogant, proud pricks do we have these days as men? angry

And the ladies are the cause of all these. Imagine what the ladies in the FB pics attached are spewing. No iota of self-worth whatsoever!! Imagine one saying "lady if he wants you to spoon-feed him do it o before another lady do it for you." OMG!! Illiteracy and low self-esteem is an incurable disease!! These are the kind of women that would leave their cheating husbands to attack another lady for "snatching" their pussy-mongering husbands. SMH for dumb bytches!!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by ba7man(m): 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
The day the husband meets a lady that will dish his food without him asking, the wife stands a chance of looking him.
Re: My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him by sinizia: 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
cococandy:

As in.

I dey tells you!! The man is arrogant Idíot!! Here's my reply on this thread.

sinizia:
OP, I'm a man and in this 21st century I'm telling you that, that man you described up there is an arrogant prick!! A controlling heartless dùmbfuck who treats you like a slave!!

What nonsense!! If you are not busy and he says you'd dish it out for him, that's okay; but if you are busy and tending to other issue and he insist you dish out for him before he eats, then he's a callous and wicked dùmbfuck!! I pity you. You are in a master-slave relationship!! This is 21st century not 18th century. Dish what?!! What will it cost him to scoop food from a plate? WTF?!! I pity some ladies for real. All my life as a teenager till now, my mom serves my dad (if we are not around to take the food to him and when we're too small to carry the foods to him) but never spoon-fed or dished it out for him and my dad never complained. Is he handless? NO!! So why will he complain that my mom didn't dish out the food to him? What kind of lazy, arrogant, proud pricks do we have these days as men? angry

And the ladies are the cause of all these. Imagine what the ladies in the FB pics attached are spewing. No iota of self-worth whatsoever!! Imagine one saying "lady if he wants you to spoon-feed him do it o before another lady do it for you." OMG!! Illiteracy and low self-esteem is an incurable disease!! These are the kind of women that would leave their cheating husbands to attack another lady for "snatching" their pussy-mongering husbands. SMH for dumb bytches!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply)

My Wife Gave Me The Shock Of My Life. Help! / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / Man Flogs His Wife With Belt For Slapping His Side Chic At Filmhouse, LEKKI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.