Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (412933 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 2:31am On Apr 23, 2017
computerboy:

Some processors still drain battery on windows 10. If you're sure you installed the display driver and it still drains then downgrade

Exactly right. I had to downgrade one of my notebooks to windows 7.
Windows 10 was horribly consuming the battery. It went from 2 hours on windows 10 to over 5 hours on Windows 7........
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dmedalion: 9:36am On Apr 23, 2017
what i mean by that is Format ur hard drive completely and install ur preferred windows...
fabre4:

Pls what do u mean by clean install.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dmedalion: 9:39am On Apr 23, 2017
Low end processors i presume. cos since i've been on win 10...lots of improvement from ba3 to Performance and Gaming aswell,
been following win10 stable builds since the first to Anniversary Update and now currently on Creators Update....
i can tell its perfect bro
Lexusgs430:

Exactly right. I had to downgrade one of my notebooks to windows 7.
Windows 10 was horribly consuming the battery. It went from 2 hours on windows 10 to over 5 hours on Windows 7........

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 9:48am On Apr 23, 2017
Dmedalion:
Low end processors i presume. cos since i've been on win 10...lots of improvement from ba3 to Performance and Gaming aswell,
been following win10 stable builds since the first to Anniversary Update and now currently on Creators Update....

I am enjoying my relationship with Windows 7. Possibly if laptop suffers a catastrophic crash, I might upgrade back to Windows 10.........
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dmedalion: 9:55am On Apr 23, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I am enjoying my relationship with Windows 7. Possibly if laptop suffers a catastrophic crash, I might upgrade back to Windows 10.........
cool grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2017
For those who could not wait to get the Windows 10 creators update, I've added the link on the first page. I must confess the features are cool and the update is worth it
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:31am On Apr 25, 2017
Dmedalion:

Loaded the creators edition on one of my PCs yesterday. It's really perfect bro
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dmedalion: 2:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
computerboy:

Loaded the creators edition on one of my PCs yesterday. It's really perfect bro
cool, been on it over 2weeks now
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 8:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
Computerboy how do u delete windows.old after upgrading to the windows 10 anniversary update. I tried using Disk Cleanup but that doesn't seem to be working anymore
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 1:54am On Apr 29, 2017
Lana1:
Computerboy how do u delete windows.old after upgrading to the windows 10 anniversary update. I tried using Disk Cleanup but that doesn't seem to be working anymore

Have you tried right click and delete?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dmedalion: 7:20am On Apr 29, 2017
Lana1:
After the first scan with Disk Clean up, select 'Clean Up System Files' at the lower left window of disk cleanup

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dmedalion: 7:21am On Apr 29, 2017
Lexusgs430:

that wont work
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dmedalion: 7:27am On Apr 29, 2017
any pad outside xbox pad wont just work , and u can use X360ce Pad emulator to play any pc game with any game pad,used it to finish COD Series, Tomb RAIDER GOTY, GTA V etc.....
Inkredible:

I ended up not picking up the controller yesterday. Anyways just wanted to know if it was a windows problem.

thanks for your time.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dmedalion: 7:29am On Apr 29, 2017
it doesnt, u should give Creators Update a shot
Lana1:
The Anniversary update makes sense. So far so good. Hoping this version of windows 10 doesn't crash as much
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 7:29am On Apr 29, 2017
Dmedalion:
that wont work

It worked for me though.....
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 8:07am On Apr 29, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Wont work dat way. It won't delete cos of windows permission....
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 8:20am On Apr 29, 2017
Dmedalion:
After the first scan with Disk Clean up, select 'Clean Up System Files' at the lower left window of disk cleanup
Yh. Did that already. It deleted most of everything in d "windows.old" folder but didn't delete the entire folder.

Dmedalion:
it doesnt, u should give Creators Update a shot
Hmmmn. Which one is this creators update again?? I ve'nt been able to get any new Win 10 updates since i started using the anniversary update. Or is it bcoz i switched my wifi to a metered connection as that was the only way i could stop svchost from finishing all my data
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:45am On Apr 29, 2017
Lana1:

Hmmmn. Which one is this creators update again?? I ve'nt been able to get any new Win 10 updates since i started using the anniversary update. Or is it bcoz i switched my wifi to a metered connection as that was the only way i could stop svchost from finishing all my data

Yes. If you put your wifi as metered connection then you won't get updates automatically. You'll have to search manually.

The thread has been updated with creators update. I've put links on first page and removed links for anniversary update
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dmedalion: 9:33am On Apr 29, 2017
Lana1:
Yh. Did that already. It deleted most of everything in d "windows.old" folder but didn't delete the entire folder.

hehehe, CREATORS UPDATE is the latest windows 10 build from MicroSoft as of 4th of April when it rolled out this year,

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Inkredible(m): 8:22am On Apr 30, 2017
Dmedalion:
any pad outside xbox pad wont just work , and u can use X360ce Pad emulator to play any pc game with any game pad,used it to finish COD Series, Tomb RAIDER GOTY, GTA V etc.....

Finally got my Xbox for Windows pad back. Just finished COD BO 1&2. Looking for more COD games..

If you stay in Lagos, we can connect..
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Dmedalion: 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
Inkredible:

Finally got my Xbox for Windows pad back. Just finished COD BO 1&2. Looking for more COD games..

If you stay in Lagos, we can connect..
P.H
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Inkredible(m): 6:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
Dmedalion:
P.H

too bad
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by YBMB(m): 2:24pm On May 02, 2017
Lana1:
Its definitely gotta be svchost. God i hate that process

Try this
Use the command prompt method!
hello pls help me i am having the same data issue with my new laptop, how can i solve it with this your solution plsssssss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by YBMB(m): 2:26pm On May 02, 2017
falansa:

You are a life saver boss... It works. I'm so grateful
hello pls help me on how you solved your own problem. i have a similar prob you had. pls
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:34pm On May 02, 2017
YBMB:
hello pls help me on how you solved your own problem. i have a similar prob you had. pls
I already created a thread on that. Click on my profile to see the thread
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 02, 2017
please house my system uses windows 10 and since yesterday it has failed to load the start up page even when I click on the windows key on the keyboard. I have turned it on and off repeatedly and the problem still persist. please what can I do?
cc computer boy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 5:57pm On May 02, 2017
olami92:
please house my system uses windows 10 and since yesterday it has failed to load the start up page even when I click on the windows key on the keyboard. I have turned it on and off repeatedly and the problem still persist. please what can I do?
cc computer boy

Reinstall windows 10
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 6:24pm On May 02, 2017
YBMB:

hello pls help me i am having the same data issue with my new laptop, how can i solve it with this your solution plsssssss
Go into settings and make ur wifi connection a metered connection. It should stop after that
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:32pm On May 02, 2017
olami92:
cc computer boy

You're still using the very first edition of Windows 10 that's why you're getting that error. Download the latest update and install it. link is on the first page
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by IMABEN(m): 1:31am On May 03, 2017
pls i urgently need WINDOWS 8.1 PRO product keys.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by nageorge(m): 10:15am On May 04, 2017
UNLOCK YOUR BIOS!!![/b]
CONTACT ME ON[b]

d2gtek@gmail.com

+2348067369016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lexusgs430: 10:03pm On May 05, 2017
IMABEN:
pls i urgently need WINDOWS 8.1 PRO product keys.

Use an activator........

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.