Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (408201 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Osila2: 4:06pm On May 16, 2019
I bought a new HP Laptop 15-ra, 500GB HDD, Intel Celeron Processor on my last trip to Germany in December 2018 and in March of this year I bought a new HP Colour Printer, I load it's software to the Laptop and print with it. The following day I travelled to Abuja and I discovered that the Laptop booting hang at the window, I took it to a computer engineer who reload the system with window 10. Later I realised that the screen is not as bright as it was before and the speaker volume was low. I adjust the settings to the maximum but no changes.

Guru in the house what should I do, help me out please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 6:20pm On May 16, 2019
Osila2:
I bought a new HP Laptop 15-ra, 500GB HDD, Intel Celeron Processor on my last trip to Germany in December 2018 and in March of this year I bought a new HP Colour Printer, I load it's software to the Laptop and print with it. The following day I travelled to Abuja and I discovered that the Laptop booting hang at the window, I took it to a computer engineer who reload the system with window 10. Later I realised that the screen is not as bright as it was before and the speaker volume was low. I adjust the settings to the maximum but no changes.

Guru in the house what should I do, help me out please

The engineer installed your windows but forgot to install drivers. Go to hp website and put your laptop model, you'll see the drivers... download audio and display drivers to fix your issue. You can download and install all too. they're all important

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 6:22pm On May 16, 2019
Nelsonmoney:

Please help me
I was performing a clean installation and it went wrong. System cannot boot and Bios sequence is locked therefore I can't repair with CD. What should I do please?

How do you mean bios sequence locked? Wrong or incomplete windows installation should not affect bios. Since repair failed, restart the clean installation again and format the drive before installing
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Osila2: 2:40pm On May 17, 2019
computerboy:

The engineer installed your windows but forgot to install drivers. Go to hp website and put your laptop model, you'll see the drivers... download audio and display drivers to fix your issue. You can download and install all too. they're all important

Thanks so much. I took to your advise on the drivers and the Laptop is perfect now.
Once again thanks
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 5:25pm On May 17, 2019
Osila2:

Thanks so much. I took to your advise on the drivers and the Laptop is perfect now.
Once again thanks

you're welcome boss
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Princejebs(m): 12:56pm On May 18, 2019
computerboy:

you're welcome boss
Computer man grin
Please I need your help. cry
My laptop has been drinking my data in the name of automatic updates and I am finding a solution to stop that.
I have tried the net stop Bits but it's still updating everyday.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 12:58pm On May 18, 2019
Princejebs:

Computer man grin
Please I need your help. cry
My laptop has been drinking my data in the name of automatic updates and I am finding a solution to stop that.
I have tried the net stop Bits but it's still updating everyday.

Use the search bar, go to "services" and locate windows update then disable it
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 18, 2019
computerboy:

How do you mean bios sequence locked? Wrong or incomplete windows installation should not affect bios. Since repair failed, restart the clean installation again and format the drive before installing
Thank you. system is working effectively except sound. I can't hear any sound after installing window 10 enterprise. please which drivers should I update is it sound of or audio?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:37pm On May 18, 2019
Nelsonmoney:

Thank you. system is working effectively except sound. I can't hear any sound after installing window 10 enterprise. please which drivers should I update is it sound of or audio?

Driver will not make your laptop to stop producing sound. there should be sound even if small. check the default audio output and see if it's your speaker or headphones
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Tunde1990: 8:08pm On May 18, 2019
it consume much of data

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 5:13am On May 19, 2019
computerboy:

Driver will not make your laptop to stop producing sound. there should be sound even if small. check the default audio output and see if it's your speaker or headphones
There's sound when I plug in headset. I think the problem might be from the speakers because I opened and clean up the system yesterday. how do I fix this please?

computer boy what are the necessary information I'll need to get the best of Windows10 because I'm not liking it at all I've also notice the sleep and hibernate option not there, screen is blur a bit and also data consumption. i didn't download or update anything and data was gone before I blink my eyes..
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by clazzyice: 8:50am On May 19, 2019
I left my pc at home to school (to be precise 4months )
When i came back i found out that the battery drains on its own , some keyboards stopped working, and it takes time to Boot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:27pm On May 19, 2019
Nelsonmoney:

There's sound when I plug in headset. I think the problem might be from the speakers because I opened and clean up the system yesterday. how do I fix this please?

computer boy what are the necessary information I'll need to get the best of Windows10 because I'm not liking it at all I've also notice the sleep and hibernate option not there, screen is blur a bit and also data consumption. i didn't download or update anything and data was gone before I blink my eyes..

Driver problems...

Install display driver for sleep option to come out

Google how to bring out hibernate option. It's a setting in power options

display driver will fix your blurred screen and battery life

Windows update is automatic so you have to disable it. Search for "services" in the search bar, locate windows update, right click and disable

for your speakers, open your laptop again, maybe you forgot to connect them to the motherboard
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:30pm On May 19, 2019
clazzyice:
When i came back i found out that the battery drains on its own , some keyboards stopped working, and it takes time to Boot

When leaving your laptop for that long, make sure you unplug battery. So you have

dead battery (replace)

faulty keyboard (replace)

fragmented or dying hard drive (run hard disk test, if it pass then defrag the drive or if possible, do a clean install of windows)

2 Likes

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by clazzyice: 4:18am On May 20, 2019
computerboy:

When leaving your laptop for that long, make sure you unplug battery. So you have

dead battery (replace)

faulty keyboard (replace)

fragmented or dying hard drive (run hard disk test, if it pass then defrag the drive or if possible, so a clean install of windows)

Will flashing solve the problem of it been slow?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Damfostopper(m): 8:16am On May 20, 2019
goodmorning house....... please between installation of windows 8.1 by "downloading and installing the file" and through "disk"......
which one is better ?.......and please how much is the disk?
Please help
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by phiszo(m): 8:26am On May 20, 2019
clazzyice:
Remove the battery when you're not using the laptop for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:12pm On May 20, 2019
clazzyice:

Will flashing solve the problem of it been slow?

Call it flashing or formatting, that's what i meant by clean install. It can only fix it if the slowness isn't a result of a failing hard drive
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 2:17pm On May 20, 2019
Damfostopper:
goodmorning house....... please between installation of windows 8.1 by "downloading and installing the file" and through "disk"......
which one is better ?.......and please how much is the disk?
Please help

They're basically same thing. the one on the disk was downloaded too. except you mean installing online with data, I wouldn't advise that for anyone in Nigeria. Our networks aren't that fast and stable

Why windows 8.1, why not windows 10?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 20, 2019
computerboy:

Driver problems...

Install display driver for sleep option to come out

Google how to bring out hibernate option. It's a setting in power options

display driver will fix your blurred screen and battery life

Windows update is automatic so you have to disable it. Search for "services" in the search bar, locate windows update, right click and disable

for your speakers, open your laptop again, maybe you forgot to connect them to the motherboard
Hibernate option is available now. I followed your tips thank you.
please how do i know If the speaker is connected or not?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by CsRockefeller(m): 1:27am On May 21, 2019
How can i get a bluetooth hardware? My laptop doesnt have one.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:44am On May 21, 2019
CsRockefeller:
How can i get a bluetooth hardware? My laptop doesnt have one.

Very cheap. Go to the market and buy. 1k or less
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 9:45am On May 21, 2019
Nelsonmoney:
Hibernate option is available now. I followed your tips thank you. please how do i know If the speaker is connected or not?
Check device manager and see if there's audio option
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 9:50am On May 21, 2019
computerboy:

Check device manager and see if there's audio option
yes there's audio and sound options.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 10:06am On May 21, 2019
Nelsonmoney:
yes there's audio and sound options.

click on speaker icon near battery icon and see if your speaker is default output or headphones. If not, You might have damaged speakers. Visit repairer to check it out
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 21, 2019
computerboy:

click on speaker icon near battery icon and see if your speaker is default output or headphones. If not, You might have damaged speakers. Visit repairer to check it out
Thank you
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ayox1(m): 12:37am On May 22, 2019
Somebody pls help, virtually all the letters
on my PC keyboard are not working.. What baffles me is everything worked fine yesterday when i was using it..only for me to switch it on now and realize the letters on the keyboard are not working.. Pls help i have office work to do on it.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Yatahamal: 12:44am On May 22, 2019
computerboy:

Boss, I just got a new HP 255 Laptop AMD Dual Core - 4GB RAM - 500GB HDD with FREE DOS. How do i go about it, when i on it brings free dos and hp documents. Is it possible to get a windows 10 for this system at low cost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:33am On May 22, 2019
ayox1:
Somebody pls help, virtually all the letters
on my PC keyboard are not working.. What baffles me is everything worked fine yesterday when i was using it..only for me to switch it on now and realize the letters on the keyboard are not working.. Pls help i have office work to do on it.

All of them? Go to device manager and delete your keyboard driver then restart. If it is same then you might be needing a new keyboard... meet a repairer to check it out
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 8:35am On May 22, 2019
Yatahamal:
Boss, I just got a new HP 255 Laptop AMD Dual Core - 4GB RAM - 500GB HDD with FREE DOS. How do i go about it, when i on it brings free dos and hp documents. Is it possible to get a windows 10 for this system at low cost

Get bootable Windows CD or USB and install Windows on it or meet someone who can. Pirated Windows CD is 200 naira and you can pay the person 2k to install it for you. Remember to install drivers after Windows
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by ayox1(m): 10:02am On May 22, 2019
computerboy:

All of them? Go to device manager and delete your keyboard driver then restart. If it is same then you might be needing a new keyboard... meet a repairer to check it out
Done so but problem still persist.. I used the screen keyboard to unlock it..
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by SavageMajor(m): 3:31am On May 23, 2019
Install custom fonts on your macOs and windows 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0oiJX-XJ9Y

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.