Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332809 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
A 30-day statement is ok since what is required is for the funds to have been in your account for a 28-day period. Just ensure that if you count 28 days from the date of your submission, your funds will not fall below the required amount for your tuition/maintenance.
6 months statement isn't necessary.

Apmix:
Please house, how many days statement of account are we expected to print for the visa submission?
Will a 30days statement serve or it has a stipulated month e.g 6months?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MaEssien(f): 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
Ameera2018:
Hi Everyone,
My Tier 4 visa has just been issued...it took exactly 5 working days with priority and i have received my passport back via courier. Wishing everyone success.

Congratulations! My hubby is expecting too. Also did his interview in Abuja. Best of luck to you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
MaEssien:

Congratulations! My hubby is expecting too. Also did his interview in Abuja. Best of luck to you

Hmmm...y did you choose abuja instead of lagos??

Any specific reason or is abj your residential area?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by petlaz: 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
Hello all,
Can UK embassy issue 20 days working permit for someone that has Commonwealth scholarship?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2018
petlaz:
Hello all,
Can UK embassy issue 20 days working permit for someone that has Commonwealth scholarship?

Commonwealth Scholars require Tier 4 visas.
“Working permit” is probably Tier 2 visa.

Can you relax a bit, calm down. And re-write your question?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 30, 2018
petlaz:
Hello all,

If u have a common wealth scholarship that means u are a student.....the UK embassy will issue u a student visa which is a tier4..and all tier 4 comes with a 20hrs per week work permit weda u have all expense paid scholarship or not.......they have no business with the stipend u will be getting from ur scholarship...

Its not a separate visa...it will be written on ur same tier4 visa that u entitled to 20hrs per week and no access topublic funds, meaning u can't borrow from the bank

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 8:59am On Jul 30, 2018
You can certainly borrow from the bank but not to claim benefits from the govt.

1StopRudeness:

If u have a common wealth scholarship that means u are a student.....the UK embassy will issue u a student visa which is a tier4..and all tier 4 comes with a 20hrs per week work permit weda u have all expense paid scholarship or not.......they have no business with the stipend u will be getting from ur scholarship...

Its not a separate visa...it will be written on ur same tier4 visa that u entitled to 20hrs per week and no access to[b]public funds, meaning u can't borrow from the bank[/b]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 30, 2018
Bourne007:

With what credit history will u use to borrow from bank when it's not sure u will be in the country after you study...?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 9:49am On Jul 30, 2018
I'm just saying 'No access to public funds' is govt benefit related and not bank.

Whether the bank loans money or issue credit card is a completely entire situation.

1StopRudeness:

With what credit history will u use to borrow from bank when it's not sure u will be in the country after you study...?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 30, 2018
Bourne007:
I'm just saying 'No access to public funds' is govt benefit related and not bank.

Whether the bank loans money or issue credit card is a completely entire situation.

Oh ok....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by petlaz: 11:58am On Jul 30, 2018
1StopRudeness:

Its not a separate visa...it will be written on ur same tier4 visa that u entitled to 20hrs per week and no access topublic funds, meaning u can't borrow from the bank
Thank you boss.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marylanderr: 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2018
Bourne007:

Why would anyone want to do anything that would remotely jeopardize their status and future applications? Why do the applicant need to borrow money from a bank? He’d need credit credit history for that. Besides all these things go into record and would be used a s pre requisite for a future application.

You have 20 hours allowed for work, I always advise to stick to that religiously.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by petlaz: 6:40pm On Jul 30, 2018
Good day house,
How many months UK embassy give to Commonwealth Shared Scholarship holder to leave UK after his studies?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 8:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
No exceptions whether on scholarship or not. Same requirements apply.

petlaz:
Good day house,
How many months UK embassy give to Commonwealth Shared Scholarship holder to leave UK after his studies?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by petlaz: 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2018
Bourne007:
No exceptions whether on scholarship or not. Same requirements apply.

Thank you for your response.
That means after my study, I still have 6 months to stay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2018
petlaz:

3 months to the END of your study, you will receive an email (sometimes a hard copy mail in the post), reminding you that your time is almost up...
where / from whom did you get the 6-month stay Story from?
Be guided please.

Your greatest “problem” arose as a result of your inability to have written proper English.

Kindly note that “LEAVE” and “LIVE” sound alike, but they could be the exact opposite of each other.
You interchanged them, you confused your audience, you get wrong advice (or you reach erroneous conclusion).

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2018
petlaz:
Good day house,

I hope you will practice, learn and properly understand the difference between ‘Leave’ & ‘Live’ before you go to the UK for your commonwealth scholarship. Else.... wahala go dey
While at it, kindly also understand ‘Sit’ vs ‘Seat’
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2018
The duration of the course, plus four months after the end of the course, or 6 months if you are participating in the Tier 4 Pilot

petlaz:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by petlaz: 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2018
Bourne007:
The duration of the course, plus four months after the end of the course, or 6 months if you are participating in the Tier 4 Pilot

Thank you my brother. Noted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by petlaz: 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
LaaJiblik:

3 months to the END of your study, you will receive an email (sometimes a hard copy mail in the post), reminding you that your time is almost up...
where / from whom did you get the 6-month stay Story from?
Be guided please.

Your greatest “problem” arose as a result of your inability to have written proper English.

Kindly note that “LEAVE” and “LIVE” sound alike, but they could be the exact opposite of each other.
You interchanged them, you confused your audience, you get wrong advice (or you reach erroneous conclusion).
Thank you for your response. Noted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by goldbergg: 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hello house, does anyone know the naira value of the priority visa service . @Ameera2018
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Subliminals: 11:47pm On Jul 30, 2018
goldbergg:
Hello house, does anyone know the naira value of the priority visa service . @Ameera2018

It depends on the exchange rate for that day.
Try Oanda.com to convert. It's currently £212
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by raydatluvs(m): 2:58am On Jul 31, 2018
Hi, if you're a commonwealth scholar, it is stated explicitly on the terms and conditions that you're not allowed paid employment while in study especially during term period. Be guided so as not to get in trouble.
petlaz:

Thank you my brother. Noted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by holubukola(f): 5:23am On Jul 31, 2018
Good day Gurus in the house,,

HELP A SISTER

My school resumes on 14th of September I will be applying on the 8th of August I intend to travel to abuja to apply for priority service,hubby will also be applying for a dependent visa alongside with me.

1.Do you think we still have enough time to apply for standard instead?

2.Can Biometric and interview be the same day?

3.If we submit at abuja office..do we have to go back there to pick up our passport or we can use courier services?

4.Should we use our naira card to apply or dollar card..or it doesn't make a difference?

Thanks for your response in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2018
1. Currently standard applications are treated within the 15 working days timeline (this is also dependent on information on your submitted application) so it's basically up to you to decide. You can go for priority if you don't want to take chances.

2. Biometrics and interview are always on the same day for Nigeria.

3. You can pay for the courier service (This means that you wouldn't be getting your passport until between 1-3 days after TLS receives it).

4. It depends on how much you're paying. A standard application plus IHS is around $802-820 for a year's course so if you multiply by 2, you will be paying $1,640.
GTBank's forex limit is currently $3,000 so if you're using GTBank and you're paying for only 2, you can use your GTBank Naira MasterCard. Stanbic's limit is also $3,000. There's not much difference in the black market rate and what the bank will pull from your account.
If you use another bank, verify their transaction limit on their
Naira card before use.
If what you will be paying is more than your bank's $ limit, buy $ from black market and fund your $ card.

holubukola:
Good day Gurus in the house,,

HELP A SISTER

My school resumes on 14th of September I will be applying on the 8th of August I intend to travel to abuja to apply for priority service,hubby will also be applying for a dependent visa alongside with me.

1.Do you think we still have enough time to apply for standard instead?

2.Can Biometric and interview be the same day?

3.If we submit at abuja office..do we have to go back there to pick up our passport or we can use courier services?

4.Should we use our naira card to apply or dollar card..or it doesn't make a difference?

Thanks for your response in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by holubukola(f): 11:01am On Jul 31, 2018
mimilyrics:
1. Currently standard applications are treated within the 15 working days timeline (this is also dependent on information on your submitted application) so it's basically up to you to decide. You can go for priority if you don't want to take chances.

2. Biometrics and interview are always on the same day for Nigeria.

3. You can pay for the courier service (This means that you wouldn't be getting your passport until between 1-3 days after TLS receives it).

4. It depends on how much you're paying. A standard application plus IHS is around $802-820 for a year's course so if you multiply by 2, you will be paying $1,640.
GTBank's forex limit is currently $3,000 so if you're using GTBank and you're paying for only 2, you can use your GTBank Naira MasterCard. Stanbic's limit is also $3,000. There's not much difference in the black market rate and what the bank will pull from your account.
If you use another bank, verify their transaction limit on their
Naira card before use.
If what you will be paying is more than your bank's $ limit, buy $ from black market and fund your $ card.

Thanks for the prompt response my next question that I really need help on is on name discrepancies

LETS assume My maiden name is ADESHOLA MARY JAGUN......

Married to TEMITOPE ISREAL FISAYO

I have been married for 3years but I just recently changed my name and also did a newspaper publication also with new name as ADESHOLA MARY ISREAL......Reason been that we no longer want to use FISAYO

1.Hubby has his international passport as TEMITOPE ISREAL FISAYO

2.I have my international passport as ADESHOLA MARY JAGUN......

3.I was offered unconditional admission as ADESHOLA ISREAL.

4.we will be using our joint account with my name and his name written as ADESHOLA FISAYO&TEMITOPE ISREAL.....at the point of opening the account I was requested to submit marriage certificate since I had maiden name in the id I use then and the bank said they will pick two names each and they picked that FISAYO that we no longer want to use for me...because we opened the account immediately after our wedding

My question:

Will a letter of explanation suffice for me as hubby will be coming along as a dependant?

Won't Hubby's name be questioned that why does he have my last name as his middle name.

Please HELP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hi @holubukola,

You're welcome.

There's a section of the application form which asks for your maiden name and if you've been known by different names or aliases in the past; you can list the names here including the one on your bank account.

Get an affidavit stating that all 3 names are for one and the same person (you) and include it in your application along with the newspaper publication.

You can also include a cover letter explaining this just so the ECO doesn't have a chance to miss it.

holubukola:

Thanks for the prompt response my next question that I really need help on is on name discrepancies

LETS assume My maiden name is ADESHOLA MARY JAGUN......

Married to TEMITOPE ISREAL FISAYO

I have been married for 3years but I just recently changed my name and also did a newspaper publication also with new name as ADESHOLA MARY ISREAL......Reason been that we no longer want to use FISAYO

1.Hubby has his international passport as TEMITOPE ISREAL FISAYO

2.I have my international passport as ADESHOLA MARY JAGUN......

3.I was offered unconditional admission as ADESHOLA ISREAL.

4.we will be using our joint account with my name and his name written as ADESHOLA FISAYO&TEMITOPE ISREAL.....at the point of opening the account I was requested to submit marriage certificate since I had maiden name in the id I use then and the bank said they will pick two names each and they picked that FISAYO that we no longer want to use for me...because we opened the account immediately after our wedding

My question:

Will a letter of explanation suffice for me as hubby will be coming along as a dependant?

Won't Hubby's name be questioned that why does he have my last name as his middle name.

Please HELP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by holubukola(f): 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2018
mimilyrics:
Hi @holubukola,

You're welcome.

There's a section of the application form which asks for your maiden name and if you've been known by different names or aliases in the past; you can list the names here including the one on your bank account.

Get an affidavit stating that all 3 names are for one and the same person (you) and include it in your application along with the newspaper publication.

You can also include a cover letter explaining this just so the ECO doesn't have a chance to miss it.

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emmaastone: 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hi everyone I got my visa today...I'm grateful to the Gurus in the house and everyone who at one point or the other answered my questions... Here's my timeline; Visa type: Priority. Application submited; July 16th 2018. Interview Attended; July 18th 2018. Application Transferred for Decision; July 18th Application received by UKVI;19th july 2018. Decision Mail; NO DECISION MAIL but it was ticked on tls website on 30th July 2018. Collection Mail; 30th July 2018. Visa collected; 31st July 2018. -I was asked the following questions; -What's your name? -Confirm your date of birth. -What's your nationality? -What's your intended course of study? -What is the duration of the course? -What's your course start date? ----What's is the name of the university you plan to study at? -Why did you choose the University of Sunderland? Why did you choose the Uk? Why do you want to study this course? How will this course benefit your future career plans? I wasnt asked any questions about accomodation plans or study gap..Thanks to everyone and all the best to those awaiting their respective visas.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by holubukola(f): 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2018
Emmaastone:
Hi everyone I got my visa today...I'm grateful to the Gurus in the house and everyone who at one point or the other answered my questions... Here's my timeline; Visa type: Priority. Application submited; July 16th 2018. Interview Attended; July 18th 2018. Application Transferred for Decision; July 18th Application received by UKVI;19th july 2018. Decision Mail; NO DECISION MAIL but it was ticked on tls website on 30th July 2018. Collection Mail; 30th July 2018. Visa collected; 31st July 2018. -I was asked the following questions; -What's your name? -Confirm your date of birth. -What's your nationality? -What's your intended course of study? -What is the duration of the course? -What's your course start date? ----What's is the name of the university you plan to study at? -Why did you choose the University of Sunderland? Why did you choose the Uk? Why do you want to study this course? How will this course benefit your future career plans? I wasnt asked any questions about accomodation plans or study gap..Thanks to everyone and all the best to those awaiting their respective visas.

Congrats....... Lagos or Abuja?

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.