Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1337482 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
mimilyrics:
Whether you print on the 3rd or not, the rate on the day you submit your online application which, in this case, is August 29 is what will be used.
So if you print on Aug 3 when rate is 400 and the rate when you submit on Aug 29 is 410, it is 410 that will be used to convert what you have in your acct.

Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:41am On Jul 26, 2018
mimilyrics:
It came in too late to be used. Buried myself in work thereafter. Thanks for checking �

Ok good to see you back

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ameera2018(f): 8:34am On Jul 26, 2018
Hi Everyone,
My Tier 4 visa has just been issued...it took exactly 5 working days with priority and i have received my passport back via courier. Wishing everyone success.

Ameera2018:
Hi people, I submitted my Tier 4 visa application yesterday and thought to update you all on how it went.

They have stopped collecting documents, so all they did was scan my supporting documents and returned them to me. Did my biometrics and had my picture taken (they no longer require passport photographs)

The interview went well too they asked;

-The name of the school I applied to?
-Why I chose that school?
-My current role?
-When I finished my 1st degree n what I studied ?
-What I have been doing since my 1st degree?
-How my intended course of study is going to impact my long n short term goals ?
-Where i am going to be staying while studying?
-If I have relatives in the UK ?
And lastly my expected salary ?

I submitted in Abuja and paid for priority...fingers crosssed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mizzfy: 9:19am On Jul 26, 2018
Ameera2018:
Hi Everyone,
My Tier 4 visa has just been issued...it took exactly 5 working days with priority and i have received my passport back via courier. Wishing everyone success.

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2018
justwise:

Ok good to see you back

@justwise and other gurus in the house
Just like as suggested some months back, my mum moved the 9 million required for my college from her business account to her personal account on the 2nd of july. I submitted a bank statement of just 3 days(from 3rd - 5th ...it didn't show where the 9 million came from though)to my college to prove that the money is already sitting in her account. Since the 2nd of july till this very moment my mum has been doing numerous transactions with her account but it her balance has never gone below the required. Just today my college contacted me and said they wouldn't continue with my application because they dont understand who my mum is sending money too and they dont understand why she is receiving money. I am perplexed, is the account expected to be static with just the 9 million in it or what
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 12:24pm On Jul 26, 2018
First off, the account statement you submit to your school or UKVI must be for a 28 day period. Your school probably counted back 28 days from date of print and probably noticed a shortfall on one of the days.
Normally as long as the opening and closing balances of the account never fall below the amount you require for a 28-day period, you shouldn't have a problem.

Your college probably got confused with the numerous withdrawal figures popping up in the bank statement and if they are, the UKVI might make the same mistake.

Solution to this will be to move the money to your account (Or another of your mum's accounts) for 28-30 days (The first day of the deposit doesn't count as day 1) and ensure that you don't make withdrawals during that period. Or better still, your mum should stay withdrawals on that account for a 28-day period)

This is to avoid a situation where time will be wasted because the ECO shares the same reservation that your school has and where you have to go for an AR. Though with an AR, such reservation can be thrashed but time would have been wasted.

You can also thrash this out with your school while showing them that your mum's cash withdrawals didn't have any impact on your fees which remained untouched in her account for 28 days despite the withdrawals. Show them the T4 guidance (which I've also highlighted and attached to my response) that states that the money must be available in the account (which in this case remained in the account despite your mum's withdrawals). The guidance never said not to withdraw while fees are in the account, it only said that the full money must be in the account without any shortfall at any point.
If this works with your school and you get your CAS, please make sure that you include a cover letter addressing this in your visa application and/or The additional information section of the online application form.

Irenenwaka:

Just like as suggested some months back, my mum moved the 9 million required for my college from her business account to her personal account on the 2nd of july. I submitted a bank statement of just 3 days(from 3rd - 5th ...it didn't show where the 9 million came from though)to my college to prove that the money is already sitting in her account. Since the 2nd of july till this very moment my mum has been doing numerous transactions with her account but it her balance has never gone below the required. Just today my college contacted me and said they wouldn't continue with my application because they dont understand who my mum is sending money too and they dont understand why she is receiving money. I am perplexed, is the account expected to be static with just the 9 million in it or what

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2018
mimilyrics:
First off, the account statement you submit to your school or UKVI must be for a 28 day period. Your school probably counted back 28 days from date of print and probably noticed a shortfall on one of the days.
Normally as long as the opening and closing balances of the account never fall below the amount you require for a 28-day period, you shouldn't have a problem.

Your college probably got confused with the numerous withdrawal figures popping up in the bank statement and if they are, the UKVI might make the same mistake.

Solution to this will be to move the money to your account (Or another of your mum's accounts) for 28-30 days (The first day of the deposit doesn't count as day 1) and ensure that you don't make withdrawals during that period. Or better still, your mum should stay withdrawals on that account for a 28-day period)

This is to avoid a situation where time will be wasted because the ECO shares the same reservation that your school has and where you have to go for an AR. Though with an AR, such reservation can be thrashed but time would have been wasted.

You can also thrash this out with your school while showing them that your mum's cash withdrawals didn't have any impact on your fees which remained untouched in her account for 28 days despite the withdrawals. Show them the T4 guidance (which I've also highlighted and attached to my response) that states that the money must be available in the account (which in this case remained in the account despite your mum's withdrawals). The guidance never said not to withdraw while fees are in the account, it only said that the full money must be in the account without any shortfall at any point.
If this works with your school and you get your CAS, please make sure that you include a cover letter addressing this in your visa application and/or The additional information section of the online application form.

Thanks mimi for alll you said ....you re a darling, God bless

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 26, 2018
Also please has everyone on this forum been submitting bank statement?? Has anyone submitted just a letter from the bank as stated as also a means in the image

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2018
Your bank statement is okay and acceptable as long as it's stamped, signed and on your bank's letterheaded paper.
Your bank statement shows them the amount in your account on each day of your 28-day count (which is what they want to see), a letter from your bank doesn't.
In my experience, Nigerian banks will only give you an account statement for visa purposes, not a letter though bank letters are accepted for some countries.

Irenenwaka:
Also please has everyone on this forum been submitting bank statement?? Has anyone submitted just a letter from the bank as stated as also a means in the image

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emmaastone: 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
Congratulations Ameera...I had my interview on the 18th of July at Ikeja,waiting patiently to share my good news...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apmix(m): 5:57pm On Jul 26, 2018
mimilyrics:
Your bank statement is okay and acceptable as long as it's stamped, signed and on your bank's letterheaded paper.
Your bank statement shows them the amount in your account on each day of your 28-day count (which is what they want to see), a letter from your bank doesn't.
In my experience, Nigerian banks will only give you an account statement for visa purposes, not a letter though bank letters are accepted for some countries.

Pls I just need more confirmation on these.
Can I print a 30 days statement or its a must it has to be 6montg statement (I heard this 6months thing today from someone?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2018
Irenenwaka:

Your college is right and other colleges/universities will probably do the same.

Even if you left the money for 28days and present an account with suspicious activities on it many schools will still question it.

Explain to them what you mum does for a living hence the transfers that appears in her bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2018
justwise:

Your college is right and other colleges/universities will probably do the same.

Even if you left the money for 28days and present an account with suspicious activities on it many schools will still question it.

Explain to them what you mum does for a living hence the transfers that appears in her bank statement.

Thank you just wise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obeauty21: 11:39am On Jul 27, 2018
Pls haus, i need some clarification on this matter. The problem i am having now is this, on my birth certificate, my father ommited one of his names which happens to be his first name. Now on his bank statement, the first name appeared and i need to show r/ship ties. Pls can an affidavit be used to show both names belong to same person.

Eg his real name is Laxis Segun bass (which appears as this on the account statement)
But on my birth certificate, his name appears as Segun bass, the first name which happens to be laxis is not there.

Plss anyone, help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hello house mates, who can suggest the best state for a faster processing of visa via the priority
service? Lagos or abuja??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
An affidavit plus an explanation about this should suffice.

obeauty21:
Pls haus, i need some clarification on this matter. The problem i am having now is this, on my birth certificate, my father ommited one of his names which happens to be his first name. Now on his bank statement, the first name appeared and i need to show r/ship ties. Pls can an affidavit be used to show both names belong to same person.

Eg his real name is Laxis Segun bass (which appears as this on the account statement)
But on my birth certificate, his name appears as Segun bass, the first name which happens to be laxis is not there.

Plss anyone, help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
No one can suggest any as far as I know. This is because each application is different and the time spent on processing an application plus reaching a decision will be dependent on the kind of processing you choose, the documents you submit, your immigration history and any other information you provide.

Irenenwaka:
Hello house mates, who can suggest the best state for a faster processing of visa via the priority
service? Lagos or abuja??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bingos: 12:17am On Jul 28, 2018
Emmastone, what questions were you asked share if you can still remember
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cycklerhimself: 11:09am On Jul 28, 2018
Ameera2018:
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations. Best Wishes!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by davide470(m): 11:46am On Jul 28, 2018
Hi Guys,

How much does the priority application cost?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mizzfy: 11:56am On Jul 28, 2018
davide470:
Hi Guys,

How much does the priority application cost?

£212
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hi Bingos,

Here are the questions I was asked in my last interview. I was asked only 6 of the questions below in the application before the last one.
Note that some questions may be dependent on what information that you include on your application and your travel history.

- Name, Date of birth, Nationality.
- Where will you be studying?
- Course and resumption/end dates.
- How long is your course for?
- Why did you choose your school?
- Did you apply to other schools? (If yes, pls state the other schools and courses and say why you chose your current school over them)
- Why did you choose your course? (No generic answers pls. Have a clear, explainable positive impact that the course will give you. You can tie it to your personal and professional goals.)
-Why did you choose the UK? (Pls do not give a generic answer. Make your answers as personal as possible)
- Where do you plan to stay in UK? (If it's off campus, you can mention some of the options you've seen online and are considering. If it's on campus and your room hasn't been assigned, say so)
- How will you get from your accommodation to the university? (Know the best kinda transportation for you, know what it costs per month and for the year)
- Do you have any friends or family living in UK? (Yes with a
Brief explanation. No doesn't need an explanation)
- How much is the accommodation? (GBP xxxx PCM (Per Calendar Month) inclusive of bills)
- Have you paid for the accommodation? (No or yes with a brief explanation of your accommodation option to show that you've done your homework)
- How are you paying your fees? (Self funded, Sponsored by family (Parents), Home Govt, International Company/Organization)
- Why is XXXx sponsoring you? (Govt, international organization/Company) You can briefly mention how you heard about the sponsorship and your application process / What's your relationship with your sponsor (Parents)?
- What are your plans after this course?
- What type of salary do you expect you can earn after completing your studies? (You can give a ballpark figure if you are not 100% sure)

Bingos:
Emmastone, what questions were you asked share if you can still remember

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2018
1StopRudeness:
Please, my brother was just sent a full tuition waiver notification via mail today...for a programme starting september...at university of glasgow in scotland

I haven't the faintest idea of how to start...this thread is seriously long indulge me please, reading all tru will drive us bonkers....he hasn't done a single thing...cos the scholarship came as a miracle...his mind wasn't even there anymore cos the official notification period was supposed to be June 16. Only for him to be notified today

What's d next thing to do??
Please I am also expecting this scholarship to fall on me. I have been offered admission for MSC in Theoretical Physics at university of Glasgow but yet to get notification for scholarship. Can I know the profile of your brother like cgpa? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phocusjosh(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2018
Please guys what's the correct link for application for UK Study Visa?

1. https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/tier4

2. https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Account/Register
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apmix(m): 9:31pm On Jul 28, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Please guys what's the correct link for application for UK Study Visa?

1. https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/tier4

2. https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Account/Register
1 is for the study visa (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/tier4)
The 2 is for other visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2018
STENON:
Please I am also expecting this scholarship to fall on me. I have been offered admission for MSC in Theoretical Physics at university of Glasgow but yet to get notification for scholarship. Can I know the profile of your brother like cgpa? Thanks

4.42....just hope and believe....if ur Gp is higher all well and good....if not, don't let that make ur faith shake...no be by CGPA....na favour of God
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 11:14pm On Jul 28, 2018
1StopRudeness:

4.42....just hope and believe....if ur Gp is higher all well and good....if not, don't let that make ur faith shake...no be my CGPA....na favour of God
Ameeeeennnn, I pray oo. I actually finished with 4.64 in Physics but God grace plus divine favour is more than all qualification. Please did you pay the deposit fee before making the payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:23pm On Jul 28, 2018
Wrong Info. Both links are valid.
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Account/Register can Also be used to apply for a student visa.
The 2nd option is my preferred application method though because the interface is more user friendly. .
Apmix:

1 is for the study visa (https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/tier4)
The 2 is for other visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 29, 2018
STENON:
Ameeeeennnn, I pray oo. I actually finished with 4.64 in Physics but God grace plus divine favour is more than all qualification. Please did you pay the deposit fee before making the payment?

4.64?? Thats impressive....

Me I don't know all those part of deposit ....I could give u his email or number though if have more questions to ask
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
1StopRudeness:

4.64?? Thats impressive....

Me I don't know all those part of deposit ....I could give u his email or number though if have more questions to ask
Thank you so much sir. I have sent you a pm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apmix(m): 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
Please house, how many days statement of account are we expected to print for the visa submission?
Will a 30days statement serve or it has a stipulated month e.g 6months?

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.