Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1338195 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by abuhusna1: 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2018
Phocusjosh:
I was denied Canadian study permit last year, then reapplied in March this year and got two years visa in June. Now, I don't feel like going to Canada because I got Commonwealth shared scholarship (fully funded) which is tenable in UK. I declared the above while filling the Tier 4 application.

My question is, will UKVI frown at my Canadian study visa?
@justwise
Why not go to Canada cos the it has more prospect than UK that will send you home after your study. Hope you know it's a must to return to your home country as a common wealth scholar
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2018
Phocusjosh:
The document checklist was generated before going to TLS. Only three documents were stated on the checklist.

Also, how can UKVI be contacted?

Check the embassy website.

Phocusjosh:
I was denied Canadian study permit last year, then reapplied in March this year and got two years visa in June. Now, I don't feel like going to Canada because I got Commonwealth shared scholarship (fully funded) which is tenable in UK. I declared the above while filling the Tier 4 application.

My question is, will UKVI frown at my Canadian study visa?

@justwise

I. Don't see that as a problem
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2018
abuhusna1:

Why not go to Canada cos the it has more prospect than UK that will send you home after your study. Hope you know it's a must to return to your home country as a common wealth scholar

Why would he reject a scholarship opportunity?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phocusjosh(m): 9:51pm On Aug 05, 2018
Canada is not running away but the scholarship is an opportunity that can maximized now. Ain't spending a dime in the UK rather get paid for studying. One stone to kill two birds grin

abuhusna1:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phocusjosh(m): 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
Thanks for the clarification. I think I can sleep with my two eyes closed now.
justwise:

Check the embassy website.

I. Don't see that as a problem
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2018
abuhusna1:

Why do we have folks like YOU who think people are studying abroad because they want to RUN AWAY from Nigeria??

Not only is this a warped mentality, it is appalling.

How can you advice someone to reject a FULLY FUNDED scholarship to the UK, and opt for a FULLY SELF FUNDED study in Canada just because Canada has “more prospect”?
More prospect for what?

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
Since it is listed on your CAS, send a scan of the document to the Sheffield mail immediately (Not sure if it's okay to post it on here) immediately. It's used to request for and receive documents for submitted applications but Note that requesting for more information is up to the ECO. It's important to send it quoting your GWF number before it's prepared for consideration and before an ECO accesses it.

Phocusjosh:
After submission of visa application, a document checklist was generated and degree certificate was not stated. Degree certificate was only stated on his CAS Statement.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
BrExit and the lack of a post study visa. People are opting to study in countries that allow them to stay on to work after school without issues.

yerilistik:

Why the low patronage and what obvious reasons please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
Hello house, i thank God for every memeber of this forum nd the progress we all have been making regarding our tier 4 visa. Please can some1 with a past experience of priority service kindly tell me how i can go about that. I have surfed the internet but a few things still gets me perplexed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yerilistik: 1:07am On Aug 06, 2018
mimilyrics:
BrExit and the lack of a post study visa. People are opting to study in countries that allow them to stay on to work after school without issues.

ok i get it thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by abuhusna1: 2:31am On Aug 06, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Canada is not running away but the scholarship is an opportunity that can maximized now. Ain't spending a dime in the UK rather get paid for studying. One stone to kill two birds grin

I was wrong maybe
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mizzfy: 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
Irenenwaka:
Hello house, i thank God for every memeber of this forum nd the progress we all have been making regarding our tier 4 visa. Please can some1 with a past experience of priority service kindly tell me how i can go about that. I have surfed the internet but a few things still gets me perplexed.

I don't think there's so much to it. I know you have to pay on the TLS website, Lagos or Abuja. It's an online payment of £212. You still have to pay the normal visa application fee. Priority service is an added value service. You should have a receipt after payment. Go to TLScontact you will get more info about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mizzfy:

I don't think there's so much to it. I know you have to pay on the TLS website, Lagos or Abuja. It's an online payment of £212. You still have to pay the normal visa application fee. Priority service is an added value service. You should have a receipt after payment. Go to TLScontact you will get more info about it.

I hv been to the site..i am aware of all these
Question: wat do i pay first nd wat do i pay last?? I have to pay for ihs (on ihs site)+ visa fee(ok uk visa site) + priority(on tls)....in what order do i pay them which comes first second nd last...thats what confusese me sir/ma
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mizzfy: 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
Irenenwaka:

I hv been to the site..i am aware of all these
Question: wat do i pay first nd wat do i pay last?? I have to pay for ihs (on ihs site)+ visa fee(ok uk visa site) + priority(on tls)....in what order do i pay them which comes first second nd last...thats what confusese me sir/ma

Pay for IHS and visa fee before you register on TLS and pay for priority and any other service you like.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hello all. Just a quick question. Are passport photographs still required for application of a Tier 4 visa? Want to know so that I can go to a studio to take one before I begin my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
Carlse:
Hello all. Just a quick question. Are passport photographs still required for application of a Tier 4 visa? Want to know so that I can go to a studio to take one before I begin my application.

Not Required.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
LaaJiblik:

Not Required.

Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apmix(m): 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2018
mimilyrics:
A 30-day statement is ok since what is required is for the funds to have been in your account for a 28-day period. Just ensure that if you count 28 days from the date of your submission, your funds will not fall below the required amount for your tuition/maintenance.
6 months statement isn't necessary.

Please is weekend counted? Can I print statement of Saturday, 3rd/Aug - Sat 1st /Sep.
Please I really need to confirm this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
Yes, weekends are counted.

Apmix:

Please is weekend counted? Can I print statement of Saturday, 3rd/Aug - Sat 1st /Sep.
Please I really need to confirm this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2018
Guys. Can anyone put me through on how to pay for my school fees through bank via CBN rate PTA

Is the rategoing to be CBN rate. Which bank will give me the equivalent of CBN rate to pay.

I want to pay my school fees of 9000 pounds and I want to pay via Naira using PTA CBN rate form A.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
Go to your bank and ask.
For some banks, you need to have a current account for form A transactions. You'd also need your passport, BSc certificate, filled form A form (the bank will give you) and invoice or letter from your school stating how much you're to pay.
hosey:
Guys. Can anyone put me through on how to pay for my school fees through bank via CBN rate PTA

Is the rategoing to be CBN rate. Which bank will give me the equivalent of CBN rate to pay.

I want to pay my school fees of 9000 pounds and I want to pay via Naira using PTA CBN rate form A.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
mimilyrics:
Go to your bank and ask.
For some banks, you need to have a current account for form A transactions. You'd also need your passport, BSc certificate, filled form A form (the bank will give you) and invoice or letter from your school stating how much you're to pay.
Tks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2018
mimilyrics:
Go to your bank and ask.

Tks. But I am in d UK now. Cant I send someone to pay. Can I use photocopy of my passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mizzfy: 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
hosey:

Tks. But I am in d UK now. Cant I send someone to pay. Can I use photocopy of my passport

Someone can actually help you fill the form and sign. The money will be debited from the persons account. You can scan all your documents, just ensure they are very clear. Bear in mind that the rate is most likely not going to be cbn rate. I paid with First Bank and there was no difference between the cbn rate and black market rate. I also enquired from Zenith, no difference as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mizzfy:

Someone can actually help you fill the form and sign. The money will be debited from the persons account. You can scan all your documents, just ensure they are very clear. Bear in mind that the rate is most likely not going to be cbn rate. I paid with First Bank and there was no difference between the cbn rate and black market rate. I also enquired from Zenith, no difference as well.
Someone said it should be done from head office to have cbn rate. I will get to the bottom of this. That is the bank head office, to have cbn rate

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Apmix(m): 9:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
Mizzfy:

Pay for IHS and visa fee before you register on TLS and pay for priority and any other service you like.
Please can I pay for my IHS fee now and pay my visa fee by first week of Sept? If it's possible please how can I pay this IHS Fee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
It's linked to your application.
You will pay online after you submit your application. You'll see the next step After submission on the application portal after scheduling your appointment.
Apmix:

Please can I pay for my IHS fee now and pay my visa fee by first week of Sept? If it's possible please how can I pay this IHS Fee?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Kcwarren: 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2018
@justwise and other gurus here
Pls help!!!

My sis has just been denied visa on the basis of claiming 0point in the maintenance( which we submitted a statement of acc that has 10mil after paying 50% of her tuition already. Also, it was stated that the statement submitted is more than 31 days( did we make mistake by not printing a new statement? Mind u we used the same SOA sent to sch before cas was sent that still has over 10m till date

What is the best possible way to get this sorted since her school resumes second week of Sept.
Pls how can we package this again and get a positive outcome?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by abuhusna1: 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2018
Kcwarren:
Pls help!!!

My sis has just been denied visa on the basis of claiming 0point in the maintenance( which we submitted a statement of acc that has 10mil after paying 50% of her tuition already. Also, it was stated that the statement submitted is more than 31 days( did we make mistake by not printing a new statement? Mind u we used the same SOA sent to sch before cas was sent that still has over 10m till date

What is the best possible way to get this sorted since her school resumes second week of Sept.
She was suppose to print a new statement for the application not the one printed long time ago.
If the money is still there print new statement and apply for admin review or appeal.
Wait for more gurus to answer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:55pm On Aug 07, 2018
Kcwarren:
Pls help!!!

Your sister did not follow student visa rules hence the refusal.

She can reapply and submit a fresh bank statement and pay for priority service so as to get her visa before or by month end
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by cycklerhimself: 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2018
Kcwarren:
Pls help!!!

I'm sorry about the denial. I think a way out is first of all to talk to the School immediately and get them to issue another CAS so that she can reapply for visa meaning she'd have to pay another visa application fee and also pay TLS for priority visa processing since time is of the essence. Secondly, ensure that the bank statement you present from the date of application backwards 28 - 30 consecutive days has got the required funds. It's also important to note that there's NO time limit for reapplying against a refusal decision.

P.S I don't think there are strong grounds on which to request for a administrative review that will be successful because the facts of the denial are plain and obvious. In this case, it's better to reapply than to challenge the visa refusal since it's a mistake by her that can easily be corrected by reprinting a valid bank statement to conform to the home offices' funds maintenance requirements.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sharpwriter(m): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2018
justwise:

Your sister did not follow student visa rules hence the refusal.

She can reapply and submit a fresh bank statement and pay for priority service so as to get her visa before or by month end

Bros, I need your help if you are in the UK. This is not about travelling please. Please, reply and I will PM you. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.