Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332435 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:45pm On Jun 22, 2019
uchetobi:

Hi, just curious about the turn around time.. if it’s the same 15 working days and just to see if it’s a popular visa class over here at the forum

Iv already filled my form and uploaded my documents but the earliest date I could get was July 4th and even that was premium.

Would like to unlit earier if possible because I still have Shenghen visa to apply for amnd my travel date is mid august

Yes! It’s the usual 15 Working days for standard application.

Hope you have fulfilled (about) all the standard visitor visa requirements? Because you are very much likely going to be considered in the standard visitor category.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
Bourne007:
Your "people" are wrong lol.

Restricted work usually applies to no employment as a doctor or dentist.

Your plan works out when you get the role. All the best smiley

Thanks bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bakeuhappy: 11:45pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hi all,
Please as regards proof of funds can a savings account be used? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:17am On Jun 23, 2019
bakeuhappy:
Hi all,
Please as regards proof of funds can a savings account be used? Thank you

A savings account in your name (or your mother or father’s name), yes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Patra123(f): 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2019
Good afternoon all, please for someone that works can a Domiciliary Account be shown for maintenance money or it has to be salary account? Secondly when addressing a study leave letter to the UK embassy is it this below? Because that was what I saw online..Please @justwise and other gurus help. Thanks.

British Deputy High Commission Lagos
11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2019
Patra123:
Good afternoon all, please for someone that works can a Domiciliary Account be shown for maintenance money or it has to be salary account? Secondly when addressing a study leave letter to the UK embassy is it this below? Because that was what I saw online..Please @justwise and other gurus help. Thanks.

British Deputy High Commission Lagos
11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria

Dorm account can work perfectly fine as long as it is presented in the required format (letterhead, full bank address etc.)

I always advice people to print oanda exchange rates on either the start date and the end date of the 28 days count to include with your applications.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by duni04(m): 10:09pm On Jun 23, 2019
Please what is the cost of the standard UK tier 4 visa. Then also what's the cost of the NHIS surcharge for a 1yr Msc program. I've been seeing different versions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Patra123(f): 11:00pm On Jun 23, 2019
umarwy:

Dorm account can work perfectly fine as long as it is presented in the required format (letterhead, full bank address etc.)

I always advice people to print oanda exchange rates on either the start date and the end date of the 28 days count to include with your applications.
Thanks so much but do I need Oanda exchange rate if the money is in pounds already?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by umarwy(m): 12:30am On Jun 24, 2019
Patra123:

Thanks so much but do I need Oanda exchange rate if the money is in pounds already?

No need for oanda exchange rate.

The exchange rates are for currencies not in GBP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Patra123(f): 3:34am On Jun 24, 2019
umarwy:

No need for oanda exchange rate.

The exchange rates are for currencies not in GBP
Ok, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Folashine: 5:16am On Jun 24, 2019
LaaJiblik:

If it’s for a spousal visa, you may wish to visit this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2

This very one is for tier-4 PBS students. Unless of course, you want to get someone telling you that IELTS is waste of money.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:25am On Jun 24, 2019
duni04:
Please what is the cost of the standard UK tier 4 visa. Then also what's the cost of the NHIS surcharge for a 1yr Msc program. I've been seeing different versions

This is what you are looking for:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrkossy: 10:51am On Jun 24, 2019
STENON:
Thanks bro. I am on long vacation at my Uni here from may till september so I can work for full time. I am working as a private home tutor with a tutoring agency here and they also assisted with the GCTS certification. The plan is to be a Physics supply teacher to school and be on 20 hours contract as from september 2019. But my people are saying its against the immigration law to work as a Teacher.

Hey, your people aren't wrong per se.. I'd be very careful taking a teaching job cos just before I started typing this reply, I was researching on prohibited jobs for tier 4 students. I have to tell you, teaching did come up as one of the prohibited ones.

If I was you, I'd go into Google and search "jobs you can and canNOT do on a tier 4 visa.

On a good note, teaching is a very good job here and if you are allowed to take up teaching, securing a teaching job should not be too much of a problem as long as you pass the Professional Skills test, which is usually in literacy and numerical form.

Good luck....

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 11:29am On Jun 24, 2019
Not sure what part of Google you looking

Doesn't say no teaching on Ukvi guidance

mrkossy:

Hey, your people aren't wrong per se.. I'd be very careful taking a teaching job cos just before I started typing this reply, I was researching on prohibited jobs for tier 4 students. I have to tell you, teaching did come up as one of the prohibited ones.

If I was you, I'd go into Google and search "jobs you can and canNOT do on a tier 4 visa.

On a good note, teaching is a very good job here and if you are allowed to take up teaching, securing a teaching job should not be too much of a problem as long as you pass the Professional Skills test, which is usually in literacy and numerical form.

Good luck....

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
Bourne007:

A teaching Job is not a ‘shift’ job.
A teaching job is a full time job.
How can a full time student be employed to teach in a School?

Teaching Assistant (via an agency, MAYBE). But teacher? NO.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
Bourne007:

You write as though the UKVI guideline is cast in stone.
Based on what you are saying, it means a Tier-4 student can apply (and be employed) to join the London Metropolitan Police (which are currently recruiting) or to join the British Army (which are really looking for folks to join).

Because the screenshot you captured did not mention those. Or did it?

Did you care to really read Bullet point 6 of section 319 that you screen-grabbed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 2:55pm On Jun 24, 2019
mrkossy:

Good luck....
Thanks alot bro. I just rechecked google now and saw that Teaching was not mentioned as part of the prohibited jobs on tier 4 visa.

Teaching is a very good job in UK, Physics and maths teachers are currently on high demand now.
The above tests are not required for the full registration except one is unable to provide some documents like uknaric, TRCN certificate, etc . My UKNARIC statement of comparability has done justice to the literacy and numerical aspect of the registration.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 2:59pm On Jun 24, 2019
LaaJiblik:

not full time bro. This is one of it .
https://www.nasuwt.org.uk/advice/supply-teacher.html
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Teaching has both part time and full time.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
You need to ask yourself .... Did you care to really read Bullet point 6 of section 319 that I screen-grabbed and fully digest it?

It's common sense!!!

If any job is advertised on full time/permanent basis, Tier 4 students cannot work.

Thankfully Stenon as come out to say there are PT roles in teaching wink

LaaJiblik:

You write as though the UKVI guideline is cast in stone.
Based on what you are saying, it means a Tier-4 student can apply (and be employed) to join the London Metropolitan Police (which are currently recruiting) or to join the British Army (which are really looking for folks to join).

Because the screenshot you captured did not mention those. Or did it?

Did you care to really read Bullet point 6 of section 319 that you screen-grabbed?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by AchosDaboss(m): 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2019
Please need help. The school in UK which I got admission into asks for a bank statement, saying it should be my parents or legal guardian. I asked if my brother can submit his bank statement ( since it's same surname), because he lives and works there. they refused saying he is a third-party. And I'm confused, cause he has been the one Training me in school cos our dad is late. What can be done? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Patra123(f): 9:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
AchosDaboss:
Please need help. The school in UK which I got admission into asks for a bank statement, saying it should be my parents or legal guardian. I asked if my brother can submit his bank statement ( since it's same surname), because he lives and works there. they refused saying he is a third-party. And I'm confused, cause he has been the one Training me in school cos our dad is late. What can be done? Thanks
He should transfer the money to your account or your mum’s account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bakeuhappy: 3:50am On Jun 25, 2019
[quote author=LaaJiblik post=79594758]

Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mrkossy: 5:06am On Jun 25, 2019
STENON:
Thanks alot bro. I just rechecked google now and saw that Teaching was not mentioned as part of the prohibited jobs on tier 4 visa.

Teaching is a very good job in UK, Physics and maths teachers are currently on high demand now.
The above tests are not required for the full registration except one is unable to provide some documents like uknaric, TRCN certificate, etc . My UKNARIC statement of comparability has done justice to the literacy and numerical aspect of the registration.

If you have 100% checked and made sure you are allowed to do teaching then absolutely why not...

Another thing to consider is, if you are gonna be teaching via an agency, most agencies (not all) I know would employ you on a self employment basis. Make sure you don't sign up for one of those. You are absolutely correct, physics are maths teachers are on high demand in schools and if their is one job you could retain after your masters to enable you get your residency, it's that job.

Finally, this is the site where I saw the prohibited jobs for tiar 4 students (https://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/work-you-are-allowed-to-do-on-your-full-time-tier-4-visa/) it's at the very bottom of the list so you can easily miss it.

I hope it all works out well for you bro, peace...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:07am On Jun 25, 2019
Bourne007:
You need to ask yourself .... Did you care to really read Bullet point 6 of section 319 that I screen-grabbed and fully digest it?

It's common sense!!!

If any job is advertised on full time/permanent basis, Tier 4 students cannot work.

Thankfully Stenon as come out to say there are PT roles in teaching wink

Part-Time TEACHING jobs are almost exclusively an Agency thing.
I really doubt if any agency will ‘employ’ you as a Supply (part time) teacher on a T4 Visa.

Remember: T4 Visa does not allow you to be self-employed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Busayosoyemi: 9:38am On Jun 25, 2019
GarciaEvans:
shocked!!!

I just spoke with him
He’s already answered No(that’s no convictions) on the online UKvisa application and he has already submitted it angry

I pray it won’t get him a denial visa...

Thnks for ur swift response
I have someone in a similar situation. Could you please let me know the outcome of the visa application so I know how to proceed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 10:57am On Jun 25, 2019
Whether the agency decides to employ a supply teacher on a T4 visa or not is down to the agency. I knew a student on T4, had he's ACCA well before graduating but not to lose him, he was offered a temp role in an auditing firm. It might be difficult to get on a T4 but definitely not impossible.

The option to be employed is also available.

LaaJiblik:

Part-Time TEACHING jobs are almost exclusively an Agency thing.
I really doubt if any agency will ‘employ’ you as a Supply (part time) teacher on a T4 Visa.

Remember: T4 Visa does not allow you to be self-employed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2019
Bourne007:
Whether the agency decides to employ a supply teacher on a T4 visa or not is down to the agency. I knew a student on T4, had he's ACCA well before graduating but not to lose him, he was offered a temp role in an auditing firm. It might be difficult to get on a T4 but definitely not impossible.

The option to be employed is also available.

Bourne007:

I don’t know what ‘sector’ you are in, but I tell you, TEACHING (especially EYFS & Secondary schools) is viewed very seriously.

An auditing firm (in your example) is a different kettle of croaker.

A T4 student to be employed (whether part time or full time) is like a Camel through the eye of a 0.00000001nm needle.
<EnoughSaid
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Emmanuelson(m): 8:38pm On Jun 25, 2019
Folashine:
Okay, Thank you.. Will they issue the certificate for me instantly after the test, and what are the things will I take along or are they not going to ask for any document apart from the payment slip?

Yes you get your certificate that same day and you only need your passport and bank payment slip..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jayvallia: 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2019
I got a denial in 2017 when I applied for an undergraduate degree. The denial was based on credibility, they didnt think I was a genuine student. Now I tried to apply for a masters to Coventry. The Nigerian rep of Coventry said i should forget UK and try another country. That once you get denied based on credibility you can't get a Visa subsequently. Is this true?

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.