Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336038 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dupylola: 9:29am On Nov 08, 2019
Hi, have you been given offer, if yes, how long did it take? i’ve been waiting for a decision on my application for sometime now.

Sanmigbola:
Does anyone know anything about Northampton?

Cost of living
Student job
Accommodation etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by popplm(m): 10:09am On Nov 08, 2019
To all gurus in the house.

How much should I keep for the IHS and the priority Visa...got my offer of admission from ENU today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:15am On Nov 08, 2019
IHS is £300 a year .
Priority is £220
How many years is your course?
Whatever the duration add 4months to it with £150 cost.
popplm:
To all gurus in the house.

How much should I keep for the IHS and the priority Visa...got my offer of admission from ENU today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mamatwiny(f): 11:02am On Nov 08, 2019
hosey:
What is special about ARU that all of u are just going? Is tuition fees cheap? Or is there a kind of scholarship?

Cambridge is boring and not lots of side job opportunities. I would advise Nigerians to go to universities inside Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Birmingham.

Choose schools that are cheap. Some of the schools also offer scholarship e.g Salford and others. Use google

Cost of living there is cheap as well as accommodation. Lots of students jobs and side jobs. It is a city hence you enjoy UK. It is multicultural with lots of people and races. You can go to football international stadiums to watch televised matches and Museum.

Dont go to villages that is boring, unicultural and shortage of job opportunities
For reference.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by popplm(m): 11:12am On Nov 08, 2019
Zoey1:
IHS is £300 a year .
Priority is £220
How many years is your course?
Whatever the duration add 4months to it with £150 cost.
thanks boss, I got an offer for 2 years masters program and can I pay this fees with my dollars account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sanmigbola: 11:14am On Nov 08, 2019
dupylola:
Hi, have you been given offer, if yes, how long did it take? i’ve been waiting for a decision on my application for sometime now.

Yes, have been offered admission for their MBA program with placement. It took almost a month and I was given 30% scholarship.

When did you apply and what program?

What do you know about Northampton?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mamatwiny(f): 11:37am On Nov 08, 2019
BouharryArtikou:
Dear prospective T4 -Visa applicant.
If your aim is to go to the UK to get a fantastic degree:

1. choose the great schools.
2. Choose fantastic (and relevant) course of study.

If your ‘ulterior motive’ is to use Tier -4 route to migrate, make sure your obtain skills in professions with shortages (Medicine, Nursing, Engineering, Software development, etc).

Be very strategic in the ‘student jobs’ you engage in. Care Work, Security Jobs, Hospitality jobs, Retail jobs etc are always on the front -burner and very easy to get. But those jobs are not very likely to give you an advantage after your study.
Please what do you think about someone that studied statistics, worked as electrical engineer but now wants to get a degree in nursing. Age is 34
Will it affect his visa issuance?

If yes, do you advise the person gets an MSC admission close to stats as well as undergrad nursing, use the MSC to get visa but register for the nursing on landing?

Hidden motive for studies is migration
We chose nursing cos it sells more in western countries than engineering.

Please advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Godson2019: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
Good day everyone,

Pls I need to know the Cost of living and Student accommodation fees in Southampton.

And secondly, I also need to know if my school fees and maintenance fee should be in my bank account or just only in my sponsor's bank account, if my education is not being sponsored by parents.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by vinose(m): 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2019
I wish to study in UK, how do i start? What will i do first? Please help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
Godson2019:
Good day everyone,

Pls I need to know the Cost of living and Student accommodation fees in Southampton.

And secondly, I also need to know if my school fees and maintenance fee should be in my bank account or just only in my sponsor's bank account, if my education is not being sponsored by parents.
Thanks.

it can only be in either your bank account or a parent bank account............. the end . No other bank account is allowed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kreatorsink(m): 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
iamfelixy:

Is the admission unconditional?

For Ireland ? Or the Uk?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Godson2019: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2019
LagosismyHome:

it can only be in either your bank account or a parent bank account............. the end . No other bank account is allowed
Thanks, I guess you mean, ir should be in my bank account If the sponsor is not my parents.
What of the accommodation fee and cost of living in southampton.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iamfelixy: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Make sure you read the rules well... While 4million is a good money , it is not sufficient to submit a bank account with 4 million for UK. 4million is about 9k. UK rules states you must have tuition and maintenance in an account which easily is way more than 4million
Thank you, I paid full tuition before showing 4m, which we believed would be okay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
iamfelixy:

Thank you, I paid full tuition before showing 4m, which we believed would be okay.

Dont just believe ooo , take calculate and get the accurate figure ............ use the rate from oanda.com

£1,015 per month for living costs if you are studying outside London ........... times 9 months = equal £9,135
£1,265 per month for living costs if you are studying in London ........... times 9 months = equals £11,385

what ever you get as the figure for 28 days the balance must be that figure or more, never one naira less

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by winzy(m): 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
popplm:
thanks boss, I got an offer for 2 years masters program and can I pay this fees with my dollars account?

Hello
I think we are on the same path and am in Enugu... let's link up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
Godson2019:

Thanks, I guess you mean, ir should be in my bank account If the sponsor is not my parents.
What of the accommodation fee and cost of living in southampton.

yes to no 1

accommodation fee and cost of living in southampton. i have no clue as i have never lived there . however for Visa purposes you need to show this as maintenance for Southampton (£1,015 per month for living costs if you are studying outside London ........... times 9 months = equal £9,135) PLUS your full tuition , with this full total been in your account or parent for 28 days at least
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 2:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
If you plan to join Anglia Ruskin make sure they have checked all your information and give you a go ahead before paying tuition fee deposit. They are very funny trust me.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
vinose:

Start by applying to a school for admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
obaxlove:
If you plan to join Anglia Ruskin make sure they have checked all your information and give you a go ahead before paying tuition fee deposit. They are very funny trust me.

Maybe ‘funny’ is not the Register.

They can be strict and are sticklers for the rules.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Maybe ‘funny’ is not the Register.

They can be strict and are sticklers for the rules.

I fell victim and I have to bear almost 200k lost due to forex fluctuations. After wasting 3 weeks.

How I wish I see everything posted here about them before paying thay tuition deposit. They are very uncoutious and unprofessional. I will never advise my enemy to cross their paths.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BouharryArtikou: 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2019
mamatwiny:
Please what do you think about someone that studied statistics, worked as electrical engineer but now wants to get a degree in nursing. Age is 34
Will it affect his visa issuance?

If yes, do you advise the person gets an MSC admission close to stats as well as undergrad nursing, use the MSC to get visa but register for the nursing on landing?

Hidden motive for studies is migration
We chose nursing cos it sells more in western countries than engineering.

Please advise.

If you want to study nursing that’s ok. 34 is not a problem. Just be sure you have plenty money.

That ‘wuruwuru’ U want to do of getting MSC admission and switching after landing doesn’t make sense, even to you. It can’t work.

Whoever told you nursing sells more than engineering? The engineering is all about what you can do.
UK is currently looking for nurses, so nursing will definitely give u a job. But it’s not cheap.
I hope u r not thinking of going to the UK with a dependant?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 3:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
obaxlove:

I fell victim and I have to bear almost 200k lost due to forex fluctuations. After wasting 3 weeks.

You are using very strong words.
“Victim” is a strong word.
If I were you, and I want to advice prospective applicants about ARU, I would provide a little more details about what happened that you lost 200,000 naira (in this Buhari NextLevel).
That would help folks to avoid similar mistake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BouharryArtikou: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2019
Blondekid:

I will be most grateful if someone knowledgeable on this can kindly assist with an answer please.

Nursing
Medicine
Software engineering and development
Engineering (with demonstrable skills)
Teaching (with demonstrable skills and relevant subject)
Biomedical Science
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BouharryArtikou: 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
Purplenerd:

Thank you so much. Please do have an idea of how media houses operate in the UK? Do they accept international students after studying masters in journalism.

I worked as a journalist in Nigeria for two years before I started my own businesses.

Thinking of applying to university of cardiff and conventry university since they have internship.

Just wanted to find out if there are job opportunities for journalists because I want to go back to media and I also wanted find out if I can move my businesses to UK as well.

I have no idea of exactly how media houses operate.
But you have to be extremely exceptional to breakthrough.
After GCSE, and A-Levels, there is Apprenticeship scheme for youngsters.
So for example u get a fresh 17 year old choosing apprenticeship and immediately going to BBC or Aljazeera or Telegraph or Evening standard (for example).
You can be sure that 3 years down the line, you can’t want to come and think you will be chosen (over that youngster) because you have a degree or an MSC.
That pikin has experience, which I don’t have..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2019
obaxlove:

How I wish I see everything posted here about them before paying thay tuition deposit. They are very uncoutious and unprofessional. I will never advise my enemy to cross their paths.

You have edited the post, but still haven’t helped others to avoid the pitfalls (I believe this page is about helping).

You are using very strong words: Uncoutious[sic] and Unprofessional... etc but it’s possible, very possible that they are the exact opposite of what you are painting them to be.

If the idea behind your post is to help others, it will be great if you elaborate on your experience so that others will benefit.
God bless U
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
Tobexin:
Hello house! What is the maximum amount of pounds one can send from Nigeria to UK through pounds DOM account? I intend sending £10200

Justwise

I've transferred 12000pounds to a Nigerian dom account from the UK before and it came fine without any troubles. So I don't think you should have any issues up to that amount.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kode12: 5:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
@justwise @LaaJiblik @joey1 what's the duration between submitting the T4 application and when you're invited for submission of documents and biometrics?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
kode12:
@justwise @LaaJiblik @joey1 what's the duration between submitting the T4 application and when you're invited for submission of documents and biometrics?

It depends on your appointment date your selected during the application process.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
You are paying for 2years 4 months that's £750 and IHS would convert to Dollars for payment so you can pay from your Dollar account.
popplm:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
Read this thread from Part 1.
vinose:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
BouharryArtikou:

I have no idea of exactly how media houses operate.
But you have to be extremely exceptional to breakthrough.
After GCSE, and A-Levels, there is Apprenticeship scheme for youngsters.
So for example u get a fresh 17 year old choosing apprenticeship and immediately going to BBC or Aljazeera or Telegraph or Evening standard (for example).
You can be sure that 3 years down the line, you can’t want to come and think you will be chosen (over that youngster) because you have a degree or an MSC.
That pikin has experience, which I don’t have..

Thank you so much, maybe I should just focus on business or a management course since I am into business. Wanted to go back media because that was the last place I worked.

So I will just focus applying to University of East Anglia or University Exeter for business/management course. Although would like to stay back after studies either continue with my businesses or get a job in UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 8:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
BouharryArtikou:

If you want to study nursing that’s ok. 34 is not a problem. Just be sure you have plenty money.

That ‘wuruwuru’ U want to do of getting MSC admission and switching after landing doesn’t make sense, even to you. It can’t work.

Whoever told you nursing sells more than engineering? The engineering is all about what you can do.
UK is currently looking for nurses, so nursing will definitely give u a job. But it’s not cheap.
I hope u r not thinking of going to the UK with a dependant?
Please what if he is going with a Dependant, is there anything that should be looked out for or is it not allowed to go with a Dependant

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.