Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1342235 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2019
kunlelikeme:
Dear All,
I was just denied admission from ARU for a masters program in management,I have been denied German student visa before and I told them.
I think they rejected my application due to that,please is there any university in the UK who doesn;t ask if we have been rejected visa before ?
I really want to meet up with the January intake.
Any information shared will be much appreciated.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iamfelixy: 7:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
piazon:

Why were you denied a student visa?
Insufficient funds and insufficient reasons to return to home country.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by frickyjohn: 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
piazon:

Do they call banks to request for one's Account Balance?

I don't think so
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 12:10am On Nov 07, 2019
A lot of schools would sure give you admission despite that, you just have to search.
kunlelikeme:
Dear All,
I was just denied admission from ARU for a masters program in management,I have been denied German student visa before and I told them.
I think they rejected my application due to that,please is there any university in the UK who doesn;t ask if we have been rejected visa before ?
I really want to meet up with the January intake.
Any information shared will be much appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 12:16am On Nov 07, 2019
He is very correct.
ARU denied my application years back and I inquired further, the admission officer spelt it out that to protect their sponsorship they don't give admission to anyone who has been denied visa before because there is high probability of getting denied again,which in turn rubs off on their own sponsorship license.
If he probes further he would get an explanation, they don't give reasons on the application portal but if you ask ,you would be told and part of the application ask about immigration history and details, I am sure.
LaaJiblik:

1. You Applied to ARU (Anglia Ruskin University?).
2. You were Denied Admission
3. You now THINK that you were denied because you mentioned that you were previously denied a German Visa

What is the relationship between offer of Admission and Previous visa denial (albeit in a different country)?

My dear. If you seek answers and solutions on a public forum (like Nairaland), I think it will do you (and others) a lot of good if you state things frankly, correctly and clearly.
This your story does NOT add up.

On the ARU online admission portal, there is No where that you are asked about visa denials.

Since you said ARU Denied you admission, one is tempted to ask how they conveyed the denial to you. And the conveyance of the denial was so vague that you are even AFTER the denial, you are still in the realm of speculation by THINKING about the reason behind the denial.

My suggestion:
If you want useful help, provide useful coherent story.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 3:25am On Nov 07, 2019
Zoey1:
He is very correct.
ARU denied my application years back and I inquired further, the admission officer spelt it out that to protect their sponsorship they don't give admission to anyone who has been denied visa before because there is high probability of getting denied again,which in turn rubs off on their own sponsorship license.
If he probes further he would get an explanation, they don't give reasons on the application portal but if you ask ,you would be told and part of the application ask about immigration history and details, I am sure.
Teesside does this too

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kreatorsink(m): 8:21am On Nov 07, 2019
iamfelixy:

Insufficient funds and insufficient reasons to return to home country.

How much do you have in the account? And who is your sponsor?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tomifolake: 9:10am On Nov 07, 2019
Good morning all, i got an admission to Anglia Ruskin university to study international business. Please does anyone know anything about the school and its environs. Is Cambridge an expensive city to live?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iamfelixy: 9:30am On Nov 07, 2019
kreatorsink:

How much do you have in the account? And who is your sponsor?
4m, my dad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
waynee2baba:
Omo lowkey ehn if Universities ask you if you've been denied visa, better no yarn wetin dem go use deny you admission. I wonder why some of them started asking such ignorant questions. What is their business if one was denied visa once, twice or 50 times? Na visa dem deny us, we no kill person angry

Dear Nairalanders,
Please disregard this suggestion.
It’s improper to lie about previous visa denials.

By the way, the REASON for denials is always asked. And for universities like Anglia Ruskin, they ask for the denial letter. So unless the reason for denial was fraud or ‘yahoo-yahoo’ you have nothing to hide.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kreatorsink(m): 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
iamfelixy:

4m, my dad
Okay. Thanks. I am intending to go ahead with the admission given to me. I think UK is the best way to go now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 1:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
I really do not think it makes any difference.
I didn't get from ARU but got over 8 others schools that were better and then I became spoilt for choice.
All of them have representatives at the High Commission so if you get denied again without telling them about the previous and the representative finds out afterwards that you lied to them it may not augur well.
For me I will always tell, whatever is mine will be.
waynee2baba:
Omo lowkey ehn if Universities ask you if you've been denied visa, better no yarn wetin dem go use deny you admission. I wonder why some of them started asking such ignorant questions. What is their business if one was denied visa once, twice or 50 times? Na visa dem deny us, we no kill person angry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
What is special about ARU that all of u are just going? Is tuition fees cheap? Or is there a kind of scholarship?

Cambridge is boring and not lots of side job opportunities. I would advise Nigerians to go to universities inside Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Birmingham.

Choose schools that are cheap. Some of the schools also offer scholarship e.g Salford and others. Use google

Cost of living there is cheap as well as accommodation. Lots of students jobs and side jobs. It is a city hence you enjoy UK. It is multicultural with lots of people and races. You can go to football international stadiums to watch televised matches and Museum.

Dont go to villages that is boring, unicultural and shortage of job opportunities

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sanmigbola: 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
Does anyone know anything about Northampton?

Cost of living
Student job
Accommodation etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Abiscoco: 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
Good afternoon everyone. Based on cases of denials because of lack of strong ties to home country. Please how common is this? And what are the ways that someone can prevent this from happening? Apart from marriage or having children in Nigeria. Any advice and tips will be very much appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2019
Why did you misquote me? Who said lie? I said do whatever it takes not to get denied admission cuz of visa refusal - like show proof, call, explain your situation etc. Smh
LaaJiblik:

Dear Nairalanders,
Please disregard this suggestion.
It’s improper to lie about previous visa denials.

By the way, the REASON for denials is always asked. And for universities like Anglia Ruskin, they ask for the denial letter. So unless the reason for denial was fraud or ‘yahoo-yahoo’ you have nothing to hide.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
I never said 'lie' o. I meant explain your case to the University. Besides, no one can hide any visa refusal from the Home Office.
Zoey1:
I really do not think it makes any difference.
I didn't get from ARU but got over 8 others schools that were better and then I became spoilt for choice.
All of them have representatives at the High Commission so if you get denied again without telling them about the previous and the representative finds out afterwards that you lied to them it may not augur well.
For me I will always tell, whatever is mine will be.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BouharryArtikou: 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2019
hosey:
What is special about ARU that all of u are just going? Is tuition fees cheap? Or is there a kind of scholarship?

Cambridge is boring and not lots of side job opportunities. I would advise Nigerians to go to universities inside Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Birmingham.

Choose schools that are cheap. Some of the schools also offer scholarship e.g Salford and others. Use google

Cost of living there is cheap as well as accommodation. Lots of students jobs and side jobs. It is a city hence you enjoy UK. It is multicultural with lots of people and races. You can go to football international stadiums to watch televised matches and Museum.

Dont go to villages that is boring, unicultural and shortage of job opportunities

There are LOTS of side jobs on Cambridge. Plus, it’s a fantastic place to live.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 4:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
waynee2baba:
Why did you misquote me? Who said lie? I said do whatever it takes not to get denied admission cuz of visa refusal - like show proof, call, explain your situation etc. Smh

“MISQUOTE” Indeed.
sake of say you write am for pidgin you think say person no go reason and?

Look a the photo of your statement that I attached. Translate it to Queen’s English and write it out.
Then come back and talk about ‘misuoting’

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2019
BouharryArtikou:

There are LOTS of side jobs on Cambridge. Plus, it’s a fantastic place to live.
Ok o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Abiscoco: 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
Any answers please? @just wise, zoey1...everyone�

Abiscoco:
Good afternoon everyone. Based on cases of denials because of lack of strong ties to home country. Please how common is this? And what are the ways that someone can prevent this from happening? Apart from marriage or having children in Nigeria. Any advice and tips will be very much appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
Abiscoco:

If my memory (and experience) serves me well, there is no such thing as “denial because of lack of strong ties to home country” as far as the UK, PBS-Tier 4 visa application is concerned.

Just follow the guidelines for Tier-4. Dot all the I’s and cross all the T’s.
You are sorted.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2019
Abiscoco:

Uk dont care about home ties .... They have a point based system. Have admission, have the required money in your account for 28 days then be able to pass the interview if called . The end cheesy............... for most people sha. It's a very much cash and carry system

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 5:46pm On Nov 07, 2019
LaaJiblik:

“MISQUOTE” Indeed.
sake of say you write am for pidgin you think say person no go reason and?

Look a the photo of your statement that I attached. Translate it to Queen’s English and write it out.
Then come back and talk about ‘misuoting’

"...better no yarn wetin dem go use deny you admission" - simply means do not sabotage your chances e.g if you know lying will hinder you from getting admitted, do not do it.

Stop making assumptions from what people say. Ask for proper clarification next time. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sanmigbola: 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
Sanmigbola:
Does anyone know anything about Northampton?

Cost of living
Student job
Accommodation etc

Please all the gurus in the house, I need answers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:10pm On Nov 07, 2019
waynee2baba:

"...better no yarn wetin dem go use deny you admission" - simply means do not sabotage your chances e.g if you know lying will hinder you from getting admitted, do not do it.

Stop making assumptions from what people say. Ask for proper clarification next time. Cheers.

Well done... you try.
Na pepper and ginger and salt remain Mek d garnishing complete.
If dem ask weda dem don deny you visa, Na binary something. Na either yes or No.
Plus the second part of your advise gives more insight into the first part of the sentence.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Well done... you try.
Na pepper and ginger and salt remain Mek d garnishing complete.
If dem ask weda dem don deny you visa, Na binary something. Na either yes or No.
Plus the second part of your advise gives more insight into the first part of the sentence.

There's no second part of my advice. I only advised once and went ahead to make a comment rebuffing what they do. Stop misquoting me. undecided

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by iamfelixy: 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2019
kreatorsink:

Okay. Thanks. I am intending to go ahead with the admission given to me. I think UK is the best way to go now.
Is the admission unconditional?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
iamfelixy:

4m, my dad

Make sure you read the rules well... While 4million is a good money , it is not sufficient to submit a bank account with 4 million for UK. 4million is about 9k. UK rules states you must have tuition and maintenance in an account which easily is way more than 4million

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
If this is for A Tier4 pbs visa.
UK only cares about the genuineness of you being a student (which boils down to knowing a lot about the school, city and your course) and having the right amount of money.
Nothing else matters.
If its any other kind of UK Visa, Wrong thread.
Abiscoco:
Any answers please? @just wise, zoey1...everyone�

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.