Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (611) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1335085 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sherilycious: 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2020
Please i will like to find out if masters in public health is a lucrative course. And if it can get me a good job in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by farouk1989: 8:56pm On Apr 02, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:
Good day, house

Please, I got a conditional offer of admission from University of Bradford (M.Sc Medical Bioscience)

One of the conditions is payment of 2000 pounds, while the other is providing IELTS or equivalent test result.

I wrote them a mail, asking for exemption from providing that result on the basis of my high school and undergraduate education. Also attached my WASSCE result and certificate of English proficiency to the mail I sent to them.

I'll like to know, are their conditions ironclad, or is there a chance they'll reconsider and rescind their earlier decision?

If there is anyone schooling at UB, please, how is the school and the area generally?

@ Omopapa and others
Howfar @yampotatocarrot
Pls has uni.of Bradford gotten back to you on IELTS exemption?
I sent u a mail request already.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DMainMan: 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2020
IMPORTANT ADVICE ON SECURING EMPLOYMENT

No course you study will give you automatic job opportunity for PR. There is nothing like the best course to study. We only suggest you to seek shortage occupation list job because of the minimum financial earnings giving you more chance. However, this will not guarantee you any job.

People that are not even in shortage lists can even get full time job and resume immediately after their studies as there are numerous examples of these. What will enable you secure job in the UK for PR are your skills, competences and experience. These will enable you stand out.

For example, if there is only one position for Mechanical Engineering in an organisation and about three people reach the final interview stage. What will make you get the job is what you will add to the company that the other candidates might not add. If you have good programming and can apply machine learning and AI to improve your company, then you will most likely get the job as opposed to others who dont have those skills. Soft skills like good interpersonal and project management skills can also be the difference between success and failure.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
farouk1989:

Howfar @yampotatocarrot
Pls has uni.of Bradford gotten back to you on IELTS exemption?
I sent u a mail request already.

Nope, Sir. They only sent me a message confirming the receipt of the documents. But nothing yet on their decision
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 11:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
DMainMan:

No course you study will give you automatic job opportunity for PR. There is nothing like the best course to study. We only suggest you to seek shortage occupation list job because of the minimum financial earnings giving you more chance. However, this will not guarantee you any job.

People that are not even in shortage lists can even get full time job and resume immediately after their studies as there are numerous examples of these. What will enable you secure job in the UK for PR are your skills, competences and experience. These will enable you stand out.

For example, if there is only one position for Mechanical Engineering in an organisation and about three people reach the final interview stage. What will make you get the job is what you will add to the company that the other candidates might not add. If you have good programming and can apply machine learning and AI to improve your company, then you will most likely get the job as opposed to others who dont have those skills. Soft skills like good interpersonal and project management skills can also be the difference between success and failure.

@dmainman:
Please use the Loudspeakers.
Speak into the Microphone.
Loudly please, those at the back need to hear.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 11:04pm On Apr 02, 2020
sherilycious:
Please i will like to find out if masters in public health is a lucrative course. And if it can get me a good job in the UK?

Masters in Public Health is NOT a lucrative course, unfortunately (strictly my opinion).

If I may ask (for the sake of clarity and to help others), what type of job roles EXACTLY do you think your MPH degree will stand you out in the UK? Or anywhere in the world for that matter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:30am On Apr 03, 2020
DMainMan:

Thanks for this write-up, but how does a fresh graduate get this experience?

Or, is it allowed in the UK for one to "volunteer" in an organisation related to his field of study even while still a student? If acceptable, will that count as an experience?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jayfarm: 2:02am On Apr 03, 2020
DMainMan:

Spot on
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yakeeboy: 6:41am On Apr 03, 2020
DMainMan:

lol not totally true! There are certain courses you will study in Uk that will give you instant job the following day of graduation! You need zero experience to be employed in this category! It all about information!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by humblemoi: 7:38am On Apr 03, 2020
Yakeeboy:
lol not totally true! There are certain courses you will study in Uk that will give you instant job the following day of graduation! You need zero experience to be employed in this category! It all about information!

Hmmm, interesting.. care to share more information?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Candanyl: 10:27am On Apr 03, 2020
Yakeeboy:

pls share the information
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 12:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
For those who want to up skill during lock down and or may be prepare for life after grad, hope this helps

https://twitter.com/pluralsight/status/1245708345496834049?s=12

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DMainMan: 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
Yakeeboy:
Of course, you can get a job without experience if you have the skills and competences. It should also be noted that Internship, Placement, Volunteerism and NYSC also counts as experience. So a graduate should have acquired experience.
What information? Be explicit so others will benefit or no one will believe you.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DMainMan: 12:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Thanks for this write-up, but how does a fresh graduate get this experience?

Or, is it allowed in the UK for one to "volunteer" in an organisation related to his field of study even while still a student? If acceptable, will that count as an experience?

You can volunteer not necessarily in your field of study and it will count as experience.

You can get a job without experience if you have the skills and competences.

It should also be noted that Internship, Placement, Volunteerism and NYSC also counts as experience. So a graduate should have acquired experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by SnowdropO(f): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
Hello house. I applied to University of Nottingham and I want to know if people are being granted admission during this period.

I was notified that complete application has being received first week in March and my friends there told me that the admission process is usually short (2-3weeks).

I am yet to get a response from them till date although I understand because of the pandemic but the issue is I want to apply for scholarship which I can only do when I get offer letter. The scholarship is supposed to close 1st of May (I don't know if it will be postponed because of this covid situation)

Please, does any have any info about the university? If applicants are being granted admission or if deadline dates will be postponed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
DMainMan:

You can volunteer not necessarily in your field of study and it will count as experience.

You can get a job without experience if you have the skills and competences.

It should also be noted that Internship, Placement, Volunteerism and NYSC also counts as experience. So a graduate should have acquired experience.

Thanks, Sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
SnowdropO:
Hello house. I applied to University of Nottingham and I want to know if people are being granted admission during this period.

I was notified that complete application has being received first week in March and my friends there told me that the admission process is usually short (2-3weeks).

I am yet to get a response from them till date although I understand because of the pandemic but the issue is I want to apply for scholarship which I can only do when I get offer letter. The scholarship is supposed to close 1st of May (I don't know if it will be postponed because of this covid situation)

Please, does any have any info about the university? If applicants are being granted admission or if deadline dates will be postponed?
I believe most schools ain't operating at this time. Or in a limited capacity. I applied to four school's. Bedfordshire was the only one that replied with an offer within a day. Even though its not my preferred uni.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
onecoder:

I believe most schools ain't operating at this time. Or in a limited capacity. I applied to four school's. Bedfordshire was the only one that replied with an offer within a day. Even though its not my preferred uni.
A day did they get to even go through your document
Na wa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
Phatkings:

Na wa
Not sure that is the case grin
Got offer from Sheffield hallam after 3days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
Phatkings:

Na wa

That UK for you .... first time I saw it, I was like isnt UK education a joke then cheesy

I dont know how you give someone admission within one day of applying , but it happens often here so hey . I guess they have a good system of accepting quickly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yelei(m): 9:59pm On Apr 03, 2020
Hello guys, great work you're doing here.
Well, I have an issue and I would need your advice.
I'm about paying part of my fees but I live in ph and the state is currently in lockdown due to the pandemic I no one knows how long it would remain this way. Can I go ahead to pay the fees or should I wait till the ban on restriction of interstate movement is lifted because, I wouldn't want to pay the fees and not be able to travel out of the state for the visa interview as at when due besides, I dont know if I would be eligible for a refund if that happens.
Guys, pls what do u think?

Thanks as I anticipate your response.

Modified
I sent the school a mail concerning this but they couldn't give me a concrete answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
yelei:
I'm about paying part of my fees but I live in ph and the state is currently in lockdown due to the pandemic I no one knows how long it would remain this way. Can I go ahead to pay the fees or should I wait till the ban on restriction of interstate movement is lifted because, I wouldn't want to pay the fees and not be able to travel out of the state for the visa interview as at when due besides, I dont know if I would be eligible for a refund if that happens.

Modified
I sent the school a mail concerning this but they couldn't give me a concrete answer.

Just wait when the Pandemic is over in Nigeria and UK just to avoid stories.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
yelei:

Modified

It's better you wait till this global issue ends. Why the rush ? Even no students on campus now and they cannot give you a concrete answer as they themselves don't know when this Coronavirus issue will ends. Western countries are loosing their citizens in hundred everyday. So this not a time to take such step. When everything is normalized then one can continue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yelei(m): 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Just wait when the Pandemic is over in Nigeria and UK just to avoid stories.

Okay, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yelei(m): 10:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ok, thanks for the advice
excelchips:

It's better you wait till this global issue ends. Why the rush ? Even no students on campus now and they cannot give you a concrete answer as they themselves don't know when this Coronavirus issue will ends. Western countries are loosing their citizens in hundred everyday. So this not a time to take such step. When everything is normalized then one can continue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MsChidi: 2:23am On Apr 04, 2020
Well, that shouldn’t resort to calling someone a psycho. That’s hella rude!

Franklyn4:

there is absolutely nothing to get disappointed about, are you not learning from the disagreements? some days must be like this........this will make people to be sure of what they want to post before they do....... or simply attribute what they wrote as their personal opinion......

There is nothing like disappointment here!!!! just air your own part of the argument like they did.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yusufDeveloper: 3:26am On Apr 04, 2020
Please, someone should explain this better for me. It's about account statement.

My question is: Must the funds be in my personal account or I can just use my sponsor account statement directly? I read some comments concerning the account and I'm little bit confused. I'll be glad if someone can explain it better.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 04, 2020
yusufDeveloper:
Please, someone should explain this better for me. It's about account statement.

My question is: Must the funds be in my personal account or I can just use my sponsor account statement directly? I read some comments concerning the account and I'm little bit confused. I'll be glad if someone can explain it better.
In your personal account.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by farouk1989: 8:43am On Apr 04, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Nope, Sir. They only sent me a message confirming the receipt of the documents. But nothing yet on their decision
Alright sir.please do let me know if it was granted.
However I sent a mail request earlier.please check.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MsChidi: 12:45pm On Apr 04, 2020
Hey guys, just a thought. With the projection that hundreds will lose their jobs in the UK when this crisis is over, I was thinking, the probability of a student getting a 20hr per week job will be very minuscule.

What do you guys think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.