Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1333175 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Calm054: 8:26pm On Apr 05, 2020
Elderss:

Having a UK work experience could make it easier to get BMS roles but not compulsory.
Do you have any previous work experience?
What band roles have you been applying to?

Good day, thanks for your reply.
Yes I do have 2 years work experience (Internship and NYSC) + some Volunteer jobs .
I usually apply for Band 5 jobs roles.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Elderss: 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2020
Calm054:

Good day, thanks for your reply.
Yes I do have 2 years work experience (Internship and NYSC) + some Volunteer jobs .
I usually apply for Band 5 jobs roles.

It's quite difficult and rare to find a locum band 5 BMS role. Most band 5 jobs are on permanent basis and are given to candidates who have completed at least a year UK relevant training or work experience.

While you can get a locum band 6 job, your 2 years Nigerian experience won't be enough... You are like a fresher into the career.

So, you may have have to go through few months volunteer jobs as Omopapa mentioned earlier.
Once that's completed, then you can begin to apply for locum Band six roles.

BTW, what's your speciality?

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Calm054: 10:35pm On Apr 05, 2020
Elderss:

It's quite difficult and rare to find a locum band 5 BMS role. Most band 5 jobs are on permanent basis and are given to candidates who have completed at least a year UK relevant training or work experience.

While you can get a locum band 6 job, your 2 years Nigerian experience won't be enough... You are like a fresher into the career.

So, you may have have to go through few months volunteer jobs as Omopapa mentioned earlier.
Once that's completed, then you can begin to apply for locum Band six roles.

BTW, what's your speciality?

Wow, interesting. I am a Haematologist/Blood Transfusion Scientist. Thanks for your reply between.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by brashear: 11:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Yes. You may get so called “student jobs“ (usually ranging from £8:50 - £12.00 per hour).
And you are permitted to work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
Alright thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 4:26am On Apr 06, 2020
Morning all. Just need your advice.
I prefer my younger ones coming to study in 2yrs M.sc program. My prefer location is Sussex/London. University of Brighton fee is £15500 but a year course, 1hr on bus from me. I can accommodate them in order to increase their savings, also increase mine in term of 'child care cost', but can manage to get a 2yrs M. Sc course in London for them but, London living cost on 20hrs might be tough for them. I only want 2yrs program for them because it gives them more time to know about the system.
Thanks all. #stay safe#
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BouharryArtikou: 7:02am On Apr 06, 2020
Phenmeson:
I prefer my younger ones coming to study in 2yrs M.sc program. My prefer location is Sussex/London. University of Brighton fee is £15500 but a year course, 1hr on bus from me. I can accommodate them in order to increase their savings, also increase mine in term of 'child care cost', but can manage to get a 2yrs M. Sc course in London for them but, London living cost on 20hrs might be tough for them. I only want 2yrs program for them because it gives them more time to know about the system.
Thanks all. #stay safe#

In other words, you don’t care if they go to the UK and get Shit Degrees right?
Let me point you to a shit course. Which can give them 2 year Masters.
Northumbria University, London ‘Campus’.
Masters in Project Management (with advanced practice).

Shit school. Shit course.
But they will have plenty time to help you with your child care, and get to know the system.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adeniyy01: 7:11am On Apr 06, 2020
Good day house,
I appreciate this platform. It has helped in many ways. Ese gan.
Quickl one, I got a conditional offer for Postgraduate in Business Innovation at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, to meet up for unconditional, i av to pay 34% of d tuition fee of 13k £4,420. My fear is, my frnd said I should confirm d admission very well before i pay bcus Yahoo boyz fit runs am too. Please how can i confirm it nd how would i make payment to avoid mistakes.

Secondly, Falmouth University emailed me that i have met all their requirements for admission but part time in Business Finance Innovation with 8k tuition fee. Am expecting the offer soon.

Please which offer is the best to go for. Am looking at Falmouth bcus of the fee but Robert Gordon University with work placement look unique to me.
Am seriously looking at the money bcus this is self funding.
Your advice please.

I filled and submitted the application myself. The reason why am panicking of making is bcus there is a Nigeria number that has been calling me that i just got admitted to their school. So, a friend said, i should confirm the admission very well bcus yahoo guys can design school website nd after u pay.. another story..
Please, can i pay the tuition fee with my GTB naira master card or i should transfer via bank direct.
Please help me with advice.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 06, 2020
adeniyy01:
Good day house,
Quickl one, I got a conditional offer for Postgraduate in Business Innovation at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, to meet up for unconditional, i av to pay 34% of d tuition fee of 13k £4,420. My fear is, my frnd said I should confirm d admission very well before i pay bcus Yahoo boyz fit runs am too. Please how can i confirm it nd how would i make payment to avoid mistakes.

Secondly, Falmouth University emailed me that i have met all their requirements for admission but part time in Business Finance Innovation with 8k tuition fee. Am expecting the offer soon.

Please which offer is the best to go for. Am looking at Falmouth bcus of the fee but Robert Gordon University with work placement look unique to me.
Your advice please.

Run am as how? Did you apply through the school website or an agent helped you? This story is not clear.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 7:17am On Apr 06, 2020
adeniyy01:
Good day house,

Your advice please.
Yahoo boys runs the admission
I am hearing this for the first time
Well take Robert Gordon I heard they are good academically and job wise also

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 7:18am On Apr 06, 2020
BouharryArtikou:

But they will have plenty time to help you with your child care, and get to know the system.

I hope this helps.

Bomb
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:57am On Apr 06, 2020
Phenmeson:
Thanks all. #stay safe#

It is a good plan and can work. I know a couple of families that did this ..... Indians do it a lot as well as a support system .....

but dont know how much child care they can support if they are going to school and have school assignments.. anyway you know best , research it well and choose the right school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:17am On Apr 06, 2020
BouharryArtikou:

I hope this helps.

Do you think its easy to house and to support someone for 1 or 2 years in this UK ………… to do that is commendable. Instead you choose to focus on negativity , instead of how this can be a positive for all parties .

This mindset is part of the problem while other countries are helping each other to climb/ build instead you are focusing on tearing things down. SMH

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 9:38am On Apr 06, 2020
Why do you say this? Please mind your words. If you cannot answer politely just pass. How are they shit schools and degrees? Nawa for you people here sef
BouharryArtikou:

I hope this helps.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 9:41am On Apr 06, 2020
I don’t think you can get tier 4 visa with part time studies
adeniyy01:
Good day house,

Your advice please.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 9:58am On Apr 06, 2020
Is Northumbria University, London ‘Campus’.
Masters in Project Management (with advanced practice) a shit Uni and course. I did a 2yrs M. Sc course when Post study visa wasn't introduced and I know wot can be achieved during the 2yrs length. Paying £16000 to study in UK, and returning afta 1yr to 9ja no guarantee job ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BouharryArtikou: 10:00am On Apr 06, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Why do you say this? Please mind your words. If you cannot answer politely just pass. How are they shit schools and degrees? Nawa for you people here sef

What is impolite about my response?
I provided an answer to a question.
Op made a clear request.
I suggested a school, and a course. FROM EXPERIENCE which will be a perfect fit of what OP wants. Wetin come be your own nah?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BouharryArtikou: 10:03am On Apr 06, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Do you think its easy to house and to support someone for 1 or 2 years in this UK ………… to do that is commendable. Instead you choose to focus on negativity , instead of how this can be a positive for all parties .

This mindset is part of the problem while other countries are helping each other to climb/ build instead you are focusing on tearing things down. SMH

I think it is your mindset that is tearing things down.
I was specific. Masters in Project Management. University of Northumbria London campus fits EXACTLY what OP wants.
If you think I don’t know what I’m saying, do your research. Rather than being sanctimonious.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 10:14am On Apr 06, 2020
Tanx. Got a friend who came to Scotland, 4 months on his visa is gone already, he is yet to get N. I no or work.
Wot I meant really about Child care cost is allowing my Mrs going back to work even if is night shift, that can enable my younger one to have time to study and reduce financial burden from sponsors in 9ja. I was among lucky ones who came on less than £6000 tuition fee frm 9ja on 2yrs visa.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 10:24am On Apr 06, 2020
Child care cost I meant was just them looking after little ones if wife returns back to work.
Is just them looking after little ones for less than 5hrs at most. With my shift job, I can even be home most time. Cheapest cost of rent for them may be £500. 20hrs weekly job for them can earn £700 (monthly).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 10:25am On Apr 06, 2020
LagosismyHome:

It is a good plan and can work. I know a couple of families that did this ..... Indians do it a lot as well as a support system .....

but dont know how much child care they can support if they are going to school and have school assignments.. anyway you know best , research it well and choose the right school

Child care cost I meant was just them looking after little ones if wife returns back to work.
Is just them looking after little ones for less than 5hrs at most. With my shift job, I can even be home most time. Cheapest cost of rent for them may be £500. 20hrs weekly job for them can earn £700 (monthly).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 10:36am On Apr 06, 2020
BouharryArtikou:

Op made a clear request.
I suggested a school, and a course. FROM EXPERIENCE which will be a perfect fit of what OP wants. Wetin come be your own nah?

Guys we are here to help. Appreciate both advice.one love

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DeeOneBangin: 10:45am On Apr 06, 2020
Quick one guys. Wifey is the tier 4 applicant, while I would be her dependant. Can my mother be the sponsor (tuition and maintenance funds)?
i.e her mother-in-law

cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 06, 2020
Phenmeson:
Masters in Project Management (with advanced practice) a shit Uni and course. I did a 2yrs M. Sc course when Post study visa wasn't introduced and I know wot can be achieved during the 2yrs length. Paying £16000 to study in UK, and returning afta 1yr to 9ja no guarantee job ooo.
Is that what makes it shit?
If you like study in Harvard. Without developing yourself 'no one will recruit you'.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 11:18am On Apr 06, 2020
onecoder:

Is that what makes it shit?
If you like study in Harvard. Without developing yourself 'no one will recruit you'.

Never said the Uni is a shit one. I know that regardless of where you study now in UK or world will guarantee you automatic employment.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:18am On Apr 06, 2020
DeeOneBangin:
Quick one guys. Wifey is the tier 4 applicant, while I would be her dependant. Can my mother be the sponsor (tuition and maintenance funds)?
i.e her mother-in-law

cc justwise

Your mum should pay that money into her account or your account. I mean all the money needed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 06, 2020
Phenmeson:

Never said the Uni is a shit one. I know that regardless of where you study now in UK or world will guarantee you automatic employment.
sorry, I probably misquote you. grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 11:26am On Apr 06, 2020
Pls carry your wahala and go
BouharryArtikou:

Op made a clear request.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Franklyn4: 12:59pm On Apr 06, 2020
Phenmeson:

Bro, what course did you study @Northumbria uni? and what was your general experience ? and why no guarantee job? Some people may have applied for the school and i hope you can lay-bare your experiences just so we know what to expect , pleases . throw more light.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Skymoore1004: 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
Don’t mind this fellow. He did not utilise his opportunity well and now he is hating on the university for no reason. Is like going to oxford or Harvard and saying their shit schools because you finished and did not get work to remain. Northumbria has one of the best business schools in the U.K. if not among the 5th best. Correct school with correct standard. Ranking around 40-50th schools in the U.K. I went for their fair in lagos and I was impressed with them. They even have new campus in Amsterdam but unfortunately not open to non Eu students now. They offer you a consultancy option over dissertation and if you follow that route , you cannot even get lower than merit. If you do well the company will hire you after. So let this man go and carry his towel where he kept it
Franklyn4:

Bro, what course did you study @Northumbria uni? and what was your general experience ? and why no guarantee job? Some people may have applied for the school and i hope you can lay-bare your experiences just so we know what to expect , pleases . throw more light.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yusufDeveloper: 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
BouharryArtikou:

I hope this helps.

Northumbria University is shitty school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yusufDeveloper: 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2020
Phenmeson:

Can you explain better. You mean you came back to Naija after you studied at northumbria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.