Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,274 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (624) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1337254 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
Access2017:
Do one need to pay registration fee when applying for schools through UCAS? I saw pay/send in the application form.

Someone should pls explain this to me.
Thanks

Why did you not apply directly through the university website FREE?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
Omah7979:
I think you can do direct masters with 3rd class cause they offered me admission and I had 3rd class
Please what university and course so people can learn.

I dont want HND and third class graduate to waste their money on Postgraduate diploma or BSc top up program.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
Omah7979:
I think you can do direct masters with 3rd class cause they offered me admission and I had 3rd class

Wot university /course is that?
Do you have to do any top up course/pre Master.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by SegunWamiri(m): 10:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
justwise:

He might not be able to. It depends on the program and school he is attempting to send his application to.

@Access2017
Be sure that your program of interest has ONLY the UCAS option.

What program and school is it though?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 12:01am On Apr 13, 2020
https://www.ibms.org/resources/documents/ibms-accredited-post-graduate-degree-courses/accredited-course-higher-updated-2018-march-01.pdf

Odedenshi1:

Kindly suggest some Schools that offer Applied Biomedical Science with 1year placement. I have been on google searching with no luck, the one I saw on searching is Nottingham Trent University (MSc Biomedical Science with 1 year work placement). Thanks in advance.

@omopapa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 12:09am On Apr 13, 2020
University ranking does not matter especially with science courses, as long as the course is accredited by their governing body (e.g NMC for Nursing and IBMS for Biomedical Sciences) U are good to go

Aprokodaughter:

There are lots of schools offering Msc Adult Nursing...just use google and search for schools. Read through their website and see which one suits you. You should consider ranking of schools in your course, school fees, location etc you should consider when searching for a school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 13, 2020
omopapa:
University ranking does not matter especially with science courses, as long as the course is accredited by their governing body (e.g NMC for Nursing and IBMS for Biomedical Sciences) U are good to go

Where did I mention ranking matters? I mentioned ranking in order for him/her to look schools so they don't get stressed out or left with few choices.

That's why I stated after checking the ranking they should go the school website(of their choice) and see what suits them.

You would have just added the accredition bodies without twisting my words.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yungchop: 1:25am On Apr 13, 2020
Omah7979:
which school please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yungchop: 1:32am On Apr 13, 2020
adeniyy01:
Good day gurus, i appreciate ur quick response here.

I need ur response to my questions: i got an offer to Robert Gordon University (Aberdeen) for post Graduate study with £4,420 deposit out of 13k tuition fee. I want to pay d deposit immediately after d lockdown.
I want a good life for myself is my reason of going to uk for another degree.
My study is self funding, after paying d deposit nothing at hand but i have property to sell when d visa is out. Pls can i borrow money to boost my acct to print statement of acct. how much can i have in my acct. Am using my savings acct.
Please what are the mandatory documents to submit during visa interview. I had a visiting visa refused in 2018.
I av my registered company, am married, nd am working as a contract staff at a company nd my salary based on commission.
Can I also apply along with my wife but d name on my wife's passport is not my surname. Or i should just apply alone.?
Please, How is cost of living in Aberdeen and what is d chance of getting of job after studying "Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship "

Please advice me on financial aspect.
Thanks.

God will see your determination to survive and make you succeed bro. He'll lift you high and open a lot of doors for you.
I was touched by the part where you said you'll sell your properties. May He replenish you abundantly.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 3:14am On Apr 13, 2020
justwise:

Access2017:
Do one need to pay registration fee when applying for schools through UCAS? I saw pay/send in the application form.

Someone should pls explain this to me.
Thanks

Access2017 May be applying for UG degree hence the UCAS, in which case, there is a payment. I think I’m right, or maybe I’m not?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chuukwudi(m): 3:17am On Apr 13, 2020
Teesside University recently gave an unconditional offer for MSc in Artificial Intelligence starting this September.

I applied for the 2 years option with advanced practice but the admission letter says it's a 1 year program.

I can study this for one year o, also, the cost isn't a problem. But... Isn't 2 years better?

I spoke with two friends of mine, one who is presently studying Data Science and the other Computer Science, both in one of the top schools there in the UK. I was asking them how they were coping. Their answers shocked me to the marrow! They are on PTDF scholarship, first class graduates from a federal University here in the East. Very smart guys! Believe me... But they complained bitterly.. Saying that the whole 5 years we spent in the University here in Nigeria Studying Elect/Elect was a complete waste of time.

They said they didn't learn a single thing from Nigerian Uni. They are now competing with Asians, Americans, natives, etc... Who already are masters of programming. People who started writing code at the age of 9. They have 24/7 electricity and Internet, there is nothing holding them back and that they are too young and are doing masters with them.

They both warned me that I ask my University to give me the 2 years with advanced practice practice option. In her own words, "Things happen so fast here.. Before you start getting a feel of the country and what is happening around you, one semester has passed. Before you catch yourself and know what is happening, another semester has passed and soon, your one year Masters will be over"

They showed great pity when I told them that I intend working to sustain myself. And they told me that when I come, I'd see for myself.

"Artificial Intelligence is still a young filled and most jobs available in this area, right now, are research jobs. By the time you start attending lectures, you'd find out that there are so many things you do not know and from the way they teach one has to understand completely. Reading and copy and paste won't help you here. So you will find yourself going far back to read up things you should have known before coming here. Otherwise you'd sound like olodo amongst your peers! Time is so precious here, considering the fact that you need to study the so many things you do not know, you may not have the time to work" one of them bloated out.

They have asked me to spend hours daily to study my courses before hand using the time I have now till September. They told me of how far behind their computer typing skills were and how greatly they have improved so far.

In general, I started thinking about myself... Am I prepared for all that?

In the end... I need to keep my programming top notch. And I have just started learning python.

I even started considering staying back this year just to do the intensive work I need to do in order to be able to get along but they told me that, if I'm able to invest at least 8 hours daily, from now till September, I'll be able to cope. The sooner I leave, the better other wise, the 10 naira they are using to sponsor me will turn to 6 naira by next year due to devaluation.

Have you a similar experience? Please, I'd love to hear.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 6:13am On Apr 13, 2020
Chuukwudi:
Teesside University recently gave an unconditional offer for MSc in Artificial Intelligence starting this September.

I applied for the 2 years option with advanced practice but the admission letter says it's a 1 year program.

I can study this for one year o, also, the cost isn't a problem. But... Isn't 2 years better?

I spoke with two friends of mine, one who is presently studying Data Science and the other Computer Science, both in one of the top schools there in the UK. I was asking them how they were coping. Their answers shocked me to the marrow! They are on PTDF scholarship, first class graduates from a federal University here in the East. Very smart guys! Believe me... But they complained bitterly.. Saying that the whole 5 years we spent in the University here in Nigeria Studying Elect/Elect was a complete waste of time.

They said they didn't learn a single thing from Nigerian Uni. They are now competing with Asians, Americans, natives, etc... Who already are masters of programming. People who started writing code at the age of 9. They have 24/7 electricity and Internet, there is nothing holding them back and that they are too young and are doing masters with them.

They both warned me that I ask my University to give me the 2 years with advanced practice practice option. In her own words, "Things happen so fast here.. Before you start getting a feel of the country and what is happening around you, one semester has passed. Before you catch yourself and know what is happening, another semester has passed and soon, your one year Masters will be over"

They showed great pity when I told them that I intend working to sustain myself. And they told me that when I come, I'd see for myself.

"Artificial Intelligence is still a young filled and most jobs available in this area, right now, are research jobs. By the time you start attending lectures, you'd find out that there are so many things you do not know and from the way they teach one has to understand completely. Reading and copy and paste won't help you here. So you will find yourself going far back to read up things you should have known before coming here. Otherwise you'd sound like olodo amongst your peers! Time is so precious here, considering the fact that you need to study the so many things you do not know, you may not have the time to work" one of them bloated out.

They have asked me to spend hours daily to study my courses before hand using the time I have now till September. They told me of how far behind their computer typing skills were and how greatly they have improved so far.

In the end... I need to keep my programming top notch. And I have just started learning python.

I even started considering staying back this year just to do the intensive work I need to do in order to be able to get along but they told me that, if I'm able to invest at least 8 hours daily, from now till September, I'll be able to cope. The sooner I leave, the better other wise, the 10 naira they are using to sponsor me will turn to 6 naira by next year due to devaluation.

Was also introduced to Teesside University by an agent but prefer my siblings coming to London.
My past experience, came here on 2yrs visa when Post study wasn't available. Still remain here by grace of God and 2yrs visa duration. London is expensive but you can easily sew Yur coat � according to the materials you have and not size. My work permit /national insurance number was done the same week I got to UK by my Uncle. Was frustrated to the fact that I was applying to Car wash/ Pakistan stores for job. Got a job 3months after arrival, but my colleagues had their's 6months after. If you don't want to rely for financial support from 9ja or anyone, I advise you to study in London or any location you can easily get a job. Choice is yours Bro and wishing you the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chuukwudi(m): 6:19am On Apr 13, 2020
Phenmeson:

Was also introduced to Teesside University by an agent but prefer my siblings coming to London.
My past experience, came here on 2yrs visa when Post study wasn't available. Still remain here by grace of God and 2yrs visa duration. London is expensive but you can easily cut Yur coat � according to the materials you have and not size. My work permit /national insurance number was done the same week I got to UK by my Uncle. Was frustrated to the fact that I was applying to Car wash/ Pakistan stores for job. Got a job 3months after arrival, but my colleagues had their's 6months after. If you don't want to rely for financial support from 9ja or anyone, I advise you to study in London or any location you can easily get a job. Choice is yours Bro and wishing you the best.

Tobexin is a Teesside student. I hope he sees that I've mentioned him and that he comes and Clears the air.

If there are no jobs in Middlesbrough, then, this won't make sense.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 6:46am On Apr 13, 2020
Chuukwudi:

Tobexin is a Teesside student. I hope he sees that I've mentioned him and that he comes and Clears the air.

If there are no jobs in Middlesbrough, then, this won't make sense.

If am rich enough, I prefer my kids not schooling in London. From top University ranking, we can see that outside London is best. Even when I was in Uni in London, before the lecture finishes, most students are already leaving because most students in London are self funded and needs to go to work
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Omahladies: 7:32am On Apr 13, 2020
Phenmeson:

Wot university /course is that?
Do you have to do any top up course/pre Master.
university of Sunderland HRM

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 7:39am On Apr 13, 2020
Omahladies:
university of Sunderland HRM

Thanks. Will you be studying in Sunderland or campus in London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 7:40am On Apr 13, 2020
Hi Aprokodaughter,

My previous comment wasn’t meant to attack you and I’m not twisting ur words. Among other comments, I have been seeing people talking about university ranking when considering unis to apply to whereas accreditation is key. My understanding of the bolded is what brought about the comment.

Aprokodaughter:

There are lots of schools offering Msc Adult Nursing...just use google and search for schools. Read through their website and see which one suits you. You should consider ranking of schools in your course, school fees, location etc you should consider when searching for a school.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Omahladies: 7:49am On Apr 13, 2020
I greet you all, please I am a bit confused about something

I got a conditional offer to pay 3400 please my question is, this 3,400 is it a part of my tution or is my tution different from this 3,400?

My other question is how much in total do I need to have in my account before going on the visa application? Please guys help me answer these questions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Odedenshi1(m): 7:51am On Apr 13, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 7:57am On Apr 13, 2020
Your points are valid. London is very expensive especially for students, take hint from the maintenance fee for outside london and london itself

However, started working 3 months after you got to UK wasn’t necessarily Cus ur in london, it’s mainly Cus u have an uncle who put ur foot on the pedal.

Anybody can achieve this too (either outside or inside london) by following these simple steps and seeking advice where necessary obviously:

1. Sort accommodation
2. Enrol with ur uni
3. Open bank Accts
4. Apply for NI
5. Apply for provisional licence (to be used as proof of ID)
6. Start applying for jobs with agencies

Phenmeson:

My past experience, came here on 2yrs visa when Post study wasn't available. Still remain here by grace of God and 2yrs visa duration. London is expensive but you can easily sew Yur coat � according to the materials you have and not size. My work permit /national insurance number was done the same week I got to UK by my Uncle. Was frustrated to the fact that I was applying to Car wash/ Pakistan stores for job. Got a job 3months after arrival, but my colleagues had their's 6months after. If you don't want to rely for financial support from 9ja or anyone, I advise you to study in London or any location you can easily get a job. Choice is yours Bro and wishing you the best.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 7:59am On Apr 13, 2020
Cheers bro

Odedenshi1:

Thank you so much @omopapa. I found it very useful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 8:18am On Apr 13, 2020
This will be taken out of ur tuition and the balance + the maintenance fee is what u need to keep in ur bank Acct for 28 days. The balance will also be stated on ur CAS.

I suggest you read this thread religiously, there’s answer for all these questions and more

Omahladies:
I greet you all, please I am a bit confused about something

I got a conditional offer to pay 3400 please my question is, this 3,400 is it a part of my tution or is my tution different from this 3,400?

My other question is how much in total do I need to have in my account before going on the visa application? Please guys help me answer these questions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Franklyn4: 8:31am On Apr 13, 2020
yusufDeveloper:

Bro, why did you emphasize on Python? Is it one of the top rated programming languages most UK companies go for or your personal choice?

Python is the highest rated programming language in 2020 according to google trends https://trends.google.com/trends/?geo=US. python is used in data science, hacking, database, AI, machine learning and web development. platforms like Instagram, twitter, linkedin , google, desktop app etc are all built on python....therefore , in 2020 , in US and UK, python is on very high demand.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Franklyn4: 8:34am On Apr 13, 2020
hustla:

LOL Stress.
You better learn Cloud Computing - AWS and Azure then Spice it with security and cash out

wink
i will consider this bro and will like to contact you so that i will hear from you on this. send me you phone number to my email if you can stilloncode@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Omahladies: 8:34am On Apr 13, 2020
omopapa:
This will be taken out of ur tuition and the balance + the maintenance fee is what u need to keep in ur bank Acct for 28 days. The balance will also be stated on ur CAS.

I suggest you read this thread religiously, there’s answer for all these questions and more

thank you very much, I really appreciate !
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Franklyn4: 8:43am On Apr 13, 2020
Chuukwudi:

Chukwudi, 8hrs a day will solve the problem but also, consider working less than 20hrs a week and make sure you belong to a team of at least 5 guys that are and read together. Do not fall into the trap of going for a 1yrs course and the trap of not leaving by sept. In IT 1month dedication eqauls 1yr of moderate studies.......nothing is difficult if you are consistent. Python is an excelent choice, with consistency , before 1month , you will understand how it works

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 9:24am On Apr 13, 2020
Omah7979:
Hi good evening, please was it in the bank you made your payment and what school too

I made the payment in the bank in favor of Northumbria University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2020
omopapa:
Hi Aprokodaughter,

My previous comment wasn’t meant to attack you and I’m not twisting ur words. Among other comments, I have been seeing people talking about university ranking when considering unis to apply to whereas accreditation is key. My understanding of the bolded is what brought about the comment.

Accreditation is key no doubt
But to some extent ranking is also a major player
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 9:31am On Apr 13, 2020
Cigbojugha:

I got an offer for Northumbria university London campus 2yrs course for 13500k after discount and deposit is 2k

Do you know the least amount you need to pay from 9ja before getting to UK. If I may ask how you got the discount or payment reduced down to £13500.thanx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2020
omopapa:
Hi Aprokodaughter,

After I have explained to you what I meant by ranking in their course, you are still twisting my words. Some of you just like arguing unnecessary.

If someone is searching for schools won't they check for schools that offer their courses? by the way schools state if their course is accredited or not on their website?

Checking ranking helps one to choose the right school that fits into their choice.

Ranking isn't about competition between schools or give one the best result, you will still have to work to get where you want to be after school.

This is why I dont like commenting on this forum. Everyone wants to act smart like its some competition.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 13, 2020
Phatkings:

Accreditation is key no doubt
But to some extent ranking is also a major player

I was not even emphasising on the ranking. I just mentioned ranking on the course so they go and search for schools that offers nursing.

All Omopapa would have just done was include the accredition website. Instead of arguing unnecessarily.

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.